Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

canaissexy  x3  

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Today at 12:22 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Yesterday at 1:08 am by Cana

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:21 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:42 pm by Comrade Squid

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Another virtual?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you join this?

100% 100% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Another virtual?

Post by NightOwl on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:41 pm

I really like the idea of virtual reality games where you can go into a realistic looking world, grab a sword or a staff and just running around exploring and defeating dragons and the what not. But, my last virtual RP didn't do so well sadly. So, I'm going with a different setting. Instead of a group of people being stuck in one, how about it's just a normal game? We could RP in the game and no on crazy adventures and our characters in the real world too.

It would be set in the future (obviously since we don't have this kind of tech available right now), and we would be playing in the biggest, most known virtual reality game (VRMMOPG), and this world place is huge. Like ridiculously huge. This way you can use your imagination and create this world as we go on. There are dozens of starting cities of your choosing, you can customize your character to look like anything, and a lot of skills so you can make your character completely customized. Also, unlike the other one magic is allowed here.

Though saying this, the starting information will be kind of lengthy. Only the skills list though! Probably... A lot of skills for character customization remember? I know length kind of scares people, but hopefully we can get past this...

Character customization would be choosing from skills like this (not the final draft), so there is no real class. Also, you can only have a certain number of skills. I'm not sure how many just yet, but I'm thinking around the 8-10 range.
Skills:

Passive Skills
Listening: Sounds around the character are amplified, although not in an earsplitting way. Think of it as a heightened awareness.

Perception: Allows the user to see more clearly and it widens their field of view. If it's high enough, they can tell if someone is spying on them.

Night Vision: Night vision increases the speed and the magnitude at which a character's eyes adjust to light.
At low levels the difference is barely noticeable, however as it increases the character gains increasingly stronger sight to the point where, at maximum level, there really isn't much of a different between light and dark in terms of awareness.
This ability cannot be turned off.

Tracking: Raises effectiveness while hunting monsters. Can be used to pursue a player whose name is known by displaying their footsteps from a certain time, which can be increased with greater mastery.

Hiding: For avoiding detection. With higher levels of hiding, characters are less likely to draw monster agro and can disappear from player's peripheral vision. Later levels the player can gain a slight transparency effect.

Acrobatics: Allows the user improved abilities when preforming any sort of acrobatic feat. Tumbling, leaping, wall climbing. Hardcore parkour.

Sprint: Grants the ability to gain short bursts of enhanced movement. The increase is barely noticeable when you first get it, but it's better are you practice it. Even at max rank, the speed increase isn't godly.

Other Skills:

Magician:
If you decide to have this, say what kind of spells you use- Fire, Healing, or ect. If you have the magician skill, you'll also get the Mana Generation Skill.

Beast Tamer:
For taming and teaching wild creatures to accompany and fight with you. Only a single animal can be tamed at any given time. The act of taming creatures requires physical contact, time, and concentration.
If you're a beast master, you also need these skill Familiar Communication.

Meditation:
Slowly increases HP regeneration and decreases the remaining time of negative statuses by entering a mental concentration pose.
Combat Skills
Martial Arts: For the use of a player's hands and feet in combat.

Leather Equipment: For the use of pliable or molded leather armor. Allows for decent range of movement, but at the cost of defensive value. Also governs the ability to wear cloth garments.

Light Metal Equipment: For the use of more flexible metal armor such as chain-mail. This type of equipment establishes a balance between average freedom of movement and defense. Also governs the ability to wear cloth garments.

Heavy Metal Equipment: This type of equipment includes armor like plate armor. While movement is limited, it comes with increased defense. Also governs the ability to wear cloth garments.

Shield Equipment: For using all kinds of offhand shields. They offer the ability to easily block and deflect powerful blows at the cost of lowering your weapon speed.

Non-Combat Skills

Smithing: For forging weapons and metal equipment. Forged items can be sold in the marketplace.

Tailoring: For crafting cloth and leather equipment. Tailored items can be sold in the marketplace.

Tools Appraisal
Purchase Negotiation
Sales Negotiation
Equipment Appraisal

Fishing

Cooking: For making delicious food out of various collected ingredients. There isn't a combat advantage to having cooking, but it is nice to be able to eat good food.

Alchemy: For crafting of various potions from materials. The variety is great, though the process is easy.

Preform: Allows the user to play instruments very well. So long as the character can think up the proper tune, the game will automatically control the character to play it. The more complex the tune, the higher the skill must be.
Magic in this game is something I've put a lot of thought in. I didn't include it in the other one because I didn't know how to go about it. Should I create a list of spells for you guys to choose from? If so, what kind of spells? Elemental? Light? Vegetation? Healing? I didn't know and I highly doubted I could create a list of spells that big, much less more for when people leveled up and needed to learn new ones from a trainer. So this time the type of magic you choose to learn is up to you guys, with a few guidelines of course. Choosing a type of magic to learn would take up a skill slot, but as you level you learn better spells of that kind. That way someone could learn a lot of different kinds of of magic if they wanted, or only one type, or none at all.

So as you can see, I've put a lot of thought and effort into this idea and I'm scared to go any further out of fear that people will see the length of it (which at this point I'm not even sure if it's going to be that long or not) and not even join, so I'm putting kind of a preview/feedback thing here first. I'd also like other ideas for skills or what you have to say on the whole magic usage thing.
NightOwl
Moderator/Coder
Moderator/Coder

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top