FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
The Transfiguration Age EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
The Transfiguration Age EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
The Transfiguration Age EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
The Transfiguration Age EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
The Transfiguration Age EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
The Transfiguration Age EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
The Transfiguration Age EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
The Transfiguration Age EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
The Transfiguration Age EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Transfiguration Age

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Transfiguration Age Empty The Transfiguration Age

Post by Sal on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Alright. Here is my ever story, that's not a fanfiction, that I've been brave enough to post for people to read.... If your confused, I'm sorry, I tried to explain most of the things in this prologue because if I jumped into Ch. 1 I bet no one would get it unless I told you the story... So, enjoy! ^^ And, yea, my grammar is pretty bad I apologize.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue
    ~~~
    “Hush, little one,” my mother gently placed her pointer finger upon my lips, her voice turning into a whisper as she began to speak again, “or you won’t get to hear about the beginning of the Transfiguration Age.”

“I’m sorry… I want to hear it, I really, really do.” I sank under the torn covers, staring up into my mother’s eyes that looked pained with years of hardships she had to face-yet comforting at the same time.

“It’s alright, Variel…” her voice drifted off a tad as she said my name with the same tongue rolling accent as she got to the “R”, “where shall we begin?”

“The beginning, like all stories start.”

She chuckled, “Alright then, I’ll start at the part when the virus broke loose, after the scientists were simply trying to find a cure to all mutations in the human body; such as cancers, bone disorders, etc. etc… The virus effected large groups of people around the U.S., not everyone though, but anyone who was affected by the virus changed significantly; senses, intelligence, stamina, speed, and strength were increased, we were given night vision, and we were known by our double eye colors,” she moved my blonde, choppy bangs out of my face to show my distinct two eye colors I gained from my father’s side, one green and one blue, “also, if we were lucky enough we were given small abilities.”

“Do you have one, mommy?” I butted in, already knowing the answer, but I wanted her to show me. Just once more.

“Of course I do!” With a smirk she rose her hand up into the air. Although, it didn’t stop, her skin began to stretch as if she had no bone matter inside her body; this ability was always very fascinating to me even if it was sort of gross, “Elasticity is my ability. Although, I have my limits.” She frowned just a bit, but still kept her signature smile that always made me feel safe.

“I want to be like you, mommy, will I have that ability some day?”

“You won’t know until your eighth birthday, sweetie, you just have three more years…”

“But-But I wanna know now.”

“Great things come with great patience,” That was my mother’s saying whenever we got onto this kind of topic, “Should I continue-“

“Lydia!” my father barged into our small shack, his face full of fear and worry and I could see tears forming in his soft green and blue eyes, “get Variel and yourself to the safety zone, I’ll meet you there once we fend off the regulars!” he looked me right in the eyes as he finished, I could tell he was trying to look strong for me, he mouthed ‘I love you’ before turning on his heels and bolting to the south where painful cries of fellow mutants and the harsh yelling of regulars echoed from.

Without hesitation, my mother scooped me out of the bed bridal style, pulling me close to her slightly shaking body. My vision blurred with tears, heart racing faster as more shrieks, gunfire, and sobbing filled my ears. This was the second time in my short life span that we had been located by the regulars; who despised us without even giving us a chance to show how peaceful we were, how we meant no harm to them. Why couldn’t they just see we wanted to live as normal of lives as possible? We had families like them, children, and even some elderly who were lucky enough to survive this long. And, yet, they just continued to attack us like we had no rights to belong on this planet. It made me sick to my stomach as I thought about it more, how horrible we were treated.

“Variel, it’s going to be alright, I promise.” She comforted me the best she could, but it was no use. I knew it wasn’t going to be alright, there was always someone who couldn’t make it and would be left to be slaughtered by the cruel, cold hearted regulars. I couldn’t stand it, just running away from all this. Sure, I was only five years old, but I was smarter and more mature than one.

“Mommy… Put me down…” I didn’t look up at her in the face, but my tone was serious.

“What? Variel! Are you nuts! Hell no, you’re not leaving my side.” She gripped onto me tighter and picked up her pace, the woods became thicker but it didn’t stop her.

“I said, put me down. Now.” I raised my voice, my mother stopped. Stretching out one of her arms to move my face to look at hers.

“Stop it, Variel, I’m not letting you go, I’m not losing you.”

“So is it okay daddy was left behind? All those other’s too?” I stood my ground, not letting her win this time.

“Sweetie, I want to help as much as you do but we can’t do anything.” I felt the urgency in her voice

We sat in complete silence, I looked away from my mother again, displeased with her actions. How could my own mother be so selfish? Not wanting to help the others who needed it and making it alright to just let the ones who accepted us be murdered by the ones who wanted to murder us all?

A regular’s voice broke the silence, “There! We found one-no, two! North east side of the forest.” Chills ran down my spine. They had spotted us.

Without another word or time to react more gunfire filled the air.

What happened next seemed so fast, it’s hard for me to recall what happened.

When I opened my eyes, pain shot throughout my body. My mother laid on the ground with pools of blood staining the forest floor around her, her eyes filled with tears. She kept trying to say something but she couldn’t seem to form the words. My heart sank to my stomach; fear, anger, pain, so many emotions flooded into me. I wanted to stay behind with her and die right there, I couldn’t leave her to just die alone like we had with the others. But a cold hand clamped down onto my mouth making me unable to scream, the other hand pulling me back into the thickest part of the forest. No matter how hard I kicked and cried they didn’t let go.

Last edited by ~GoldenGirl~ on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited the story a little~)
    Sal
    Sal
    Roleplay Moderator
    Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Transfiguration Age Empty Re: The Transfiguration Age

Post by boyhoy on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:51 pm

IT'S AMAZING!!!! LIKE FOR REALS!

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
    boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks... xD It's not that amazing but... Thank you.

The Transfiguration Age YSSVP9Y
    Sal
    Sal
    Roleplay Moderator
    Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:54 pm

So sad... I need to find out what happened!

Influential Creator
    Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:11 pm

Chapter 1 will be up in a bit. ^^
    Edit: Here it is!

Chapter 1

~~~
    The wind brushing through my hair was quite peaceful, even if the smell of factory fumes lingered in the air. The bustling streets full of yelling people, car horns, and complaints of the fifth of the protected regular area could be faintly heard from the top of the skyscraper; it was a relief to its agonizing sound I could always hear no matter how hard I tried to block it out thanks to my amazing hearing. The sun was just setting too, which cast a nice shade of oranges and reds in the sky that you didn’t see very often from the smog that usually hung in the air. It was nice.

It was especially nice when all I constantly thought of was revenge and hate thanks to the day that happened exactly 10 years ago. When I decided I was tired of being the peaceful person I was told to be no matter what. But that was a memory I needed to forget.

“Oh Variel, Variel! Where is my Variel?” a voice broke the peace I was trying to achieve. That was starting to be achieved somewhat.

“Go away you Ding Dong.” In a blink of an eye I turned my body around, giving the familiar voice a deathly glare. It was annoying enough he completely screwed up the line from Romeo and Juliet in several ways, plus he knew I didn’t like to be bothered on this day.

“If looks could kill.” He winked at me with a large grin he always wore.

“If only they would,” I rolled my eyes before asking, “what do you want Kace? Besides a kiss, a hotel room, and a pile chili dogs?”

He stood there for a moment in silence, as if I had guessed exactly what he wanted to say. Wasn’t surprised one bit considering that’s what he’d been bugging me about this whole month. It was only a matter of time that he’d go on about how he had a change of heart and move on to another whole set of ridiculous topics. That was just something I had picked up about him over the years.

“On second thought I’ll go find Skylar.” He began to turn around, only to find Sky standing behind him. I didn’t even notice he was here myself.

“Boo.” Skylar simply said blandly.

“Looks like the emo found his way here!” Kace moved to pat him on the head like a moron, but instead was greeted by a punch on the right side of his face.

“Okay, I take it back, you’re not emo. You’re goth” Kace corrected himself, but not in the right way.

He wasn’t making this any better. I face palmed to myself. You’d think he would have gotten more intelligent from being a mutant. But I guess that trait slipped out of the gene pool.

After Kace got another deserved punch to the face, he finally explained why he came to find me in the voice of Skylar; yes he had the ability to copy voices, which was his mutant ability. Tonight was the 4th of July which meant it was the perfect time to be party crashes and cause some havoc considering-
    1. It had been a month or two since our last strike.
    2. There would be a ton of chili dogs being sold there. Typical Kace reason.

I would admit it was a well thought out one in a long time by one of the brains of our small gang who usually kept out of making the plans, and the fact of it being a celebration time for the selfish humans made it even more of a reason for me to participate in it. Or for us to even do it. Being able to vent some of my frustration would be a perfect thing to do today too.

How could I decline?

“I’m in. 100%.” With a nod I stretched out my hand, waiting for the others to place theirs on top as we normally did whenever we had a raid coming up.  It wasn’t some sort of special hand shake or anything creative, but it became a tradition after doing it just a few times a few years back.

“Rule number one,” I started as they stacked their hand, “Stick to the plan.”

“Rule number two,” Skylar then spoke up, “Never give up.”

“Rule number three,” Kace finished up the last of our rules, “Look out for each other, never leave anyone behind.”

I couldn’t help but smile wide as we lifted our hands in the air. Tonight wasn’t going to just be another ‘remember the past days’ like every year, I was actually going to spend it with my small family crashing the happiness the regulars would always take away from us. Even if I had promised long ago to never mess with the regulars I could honestly care less for them these days. I just couldn’t help but despise them with every inch of my heart. I’d never forgive them, I’d never trust them.

That’s why I was so glad I had Sky and even Kace here to be what was left of my broken family. Those two I could actually trust and do things with that understood how you felt and thought.

I wanted tonight to come quickly.

Last edited by ~GoldenGirl~ on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:34 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Chapter 1~ Enjoy! <3)
    Sal
    Sal
    Roleplay Moderator
    Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Loved the chapter! The characters are great!

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
    boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Thank you Ronan. (:

Sal
    Sal
    Roleplay Moderator
    Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Lmfao Kace is hysterical. Great chapter!

Influential Creator
    Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:31 pm

I love Kace! He's great!

boyhoy
    boyhoy
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Kace would have to be my favorite character..... xD
    And thank you Ace. (:

Sal
    Sal