FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:43 am

AUGH FORMATTING.

-_- How do I fix this mess.... wait, I got it.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 7 Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:47 am

K, formatting fixed. Is now bootyful.

Shall start working on last chapter(s).

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:30 am

Such creativity.

OK, because this is the last chapter and I posted repetitively, I want to warn you to make sure to read the previous chapter.

~Lana~

This was it. Finally, we'd be able to get the stupid panacea, get the damn scroll, and be well on our way to stopping Chaos. Yet none of us has died. No matter what Chaos says or does, three is a sacred number. There are three Greek campers, three Roman campers... but four Norse campers. It made me wonder...

And what of the third Chaotic child? Who was it exactly? Someone at camp? An unclaimed kid? One of us? If all three of us are together, it could prove catastrophic, so the latter is out. Unless the activation of said power is enough to... I shook my head. Stop it, Lana. Right now, we need to get the panacea to save Orian, then get the spell to unite the camps. Then, we can figure out our next move.

All too soon, the surprisingly glorious view of Camp Jupiter came into focus. Katherine had briefly explained some parts, but she was more focused on the Baccao Coffee Shop in New Rome. There we would find the hidden reliquary.

Fafnir dropped us off near a cluster of trees. "I'm obviously too fat to squeeze into the buried aqueduct here. But you guys should be able to get into the basement of the coffee shop," he padded around the cluster in anticipation.

Cameron frowned. "I'm sorry, Fafnir. I wish you could come with us." Fafnir winked. "Don't worry, Soggy Ass. I have a feeling I'll be making another appearance real soon."

Damien pushed the branches away. "Come on guys. We don't have much time. That Spirit World thing Lana was talking about... I have a feeling it messes with time. I can feel it has fast forwarded." He gave me a worried look, and I glanced away. I hoped things weren't messing up already.

He looked at Elia, the smallest one here. "Ladies first."

. . .

Dear Zeus. Why would a coffee shop basement be built in roughly the same manner as the Labyrinth? We stood before a maze of stacked boxes. Some of them looked old and covered in mildew. Others looked new - some had biohazard symbols on them, and a lot were labeled in languages other than English.

Arctander walked around the opening we were in. "This is no ordinary coffee shop."

Elia shrugged. "They were putting these in here the day before we snuck in. They said the augur had seen something horrific and unthinkable, so they began stocking things up in the most unsuspecting place. A coffee shop."

We were all walking around, trying to figure out what could be in the variously shaped crates, but Orian stared at one little sack in the corner. "There it is." He walked towards it, but Kat grabbed his hand.

"Wait. It might be boobytrapped. Nobody, especially a Roman, would carelessly place something so powerful out in the open, just for someone to steal it," she warned. Cameron knelt beside the sack. He wiggled his fingers for a tense thirty seconds, then quickly swiped his hand. A photon beam launcher instantly appeared in the wall right beside where the sack was, but Cameron sent a blast of magical energy at it, disabling the laser.

"Shit. Wasn't expecting that. Any slower, and we'd all would have been California Friend Demigods," he grinned, giving a little shiver.

Orian rushed to him, a pleading look in his eyes. Cameron stared at him, confused. Then, he got the message. "Oh! Right, here you go. Remember, a spoonful of - "

"Just give me the god damn panacea!" Orian snatched it, then opened the bag. A clear fluid filled the 90 millimeter tube. Damien and I gave each other a glance. That was nowhere near enough for all four of us.

Orian gulped the vial down, shuddering as he put the glass down. For a while, nothing happened. Then, in a burst of color, Orian's pallor was restored to his usual color - at least, I assumed it was. We all cheered. "Step one, complete!" Kat shouted, just a little too loud.

"WHO'S DOWN THERE?!" An angry voice boomed to the far right of us. Five rows of crates separated us from whoever knew we were down here. We looked at each other, our eyes reflecting one word.

"Run," Elia whispered.

. . .

If I hadn't known any better, I would have firmly believed I was in the Labyrinth. We scrambled over suspicious-looking slabs, ducked under near-invisible wires, and skirted around pits of magma, snakes, and a eerie blue tub of rocks that Kat called Ice-9. Whatever it was, I didn't want to find out.

The angry shouts multiplied, and I knew we were being followed by more than just one person. It was as if we were being chased by an angry mob. I was starting to hum the Indiana Jones theme when we collided with a large stack of crates.

"Now what?!" Arctander cried. Zedd and Adrian tried to push the crates away, but they wouldn't budge. We were just seconds away from the mob when I stepped on one of the mysterious slabs on the ground.

We were plunged into an abyss not dissimilar to space. Tiny pinpricks of light surrounded us, and before us floated a huge marble painted green, blue, and white. "Earth," Elia breathed. Orian whispered, "Gaea," before clutching my hand. I, in turn, grabbed Zedd's hand, and he grabbed Arctander's hand, who grabbed Elia's hand, who grabbed Adrian's. Soon, we were all linked, not daring to let each other go.

Suddenly, the beautiful marble vanished, being replaced by more pinpricks.

Fools... a low, menacing voice boomed from the blackness around us. I had warned you at Yellowstone. Remember? "Do not try and stop me?" Those may not be the exact words, but they were the message I was trying to send. The Romans have no idea what is going on. Neither do the Greeks, or the Norse. The only group that can save you is too late now.

The stars around us flickered a bright green. Now, as for the twit I planned to kill... which one shall it be? The stars shimmered and shook, and beams of chaotic light streaked toward us, striking us in the chest. A searing pain wracked me. It was as if I had eating a tubful of radioactive heartburn. Before I truly believed I was doomed, the beams stopped. The stars flickered again, this time turning red.

What... no. No! I thought I ended you. Get back, woman! Stop it... stop! Stop!! STOP!!! A horrible screech pierced my ears, and the stars around us bloomed into a fury of red, blue, and green light, sending me into an apparent oblivion.

. . .

Beep... beep... beep...

Ugh, turn that damn alarm off, I thought to myself. Wait, that's not an alarm. That's a heart rate monitor. I tried to open my eyes, to see where I was, but I couldn't find the energy.

"Thank the gods. They're all alive."

"Why should we thank them? They're the ones that..."

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that they know what we know. And they can help us, right?"

"...you're right, Omar. She flatlined at least four times, so I should check her vitals."

"Thanks, Victoria. I'll go chat with the Damien person, see what else he knows about Chaos."

My eyes fluttered open. "Urgghh..." I moaned. A light brown face peered down at me, clashing with the streaks of blonde and blue in her bangs.

"Nice to see you too. You're not so hot yourself, you know," Victoria tsk-tsked, checking off something on a clipboard. Probably an unfair rating of my face.

I tried to respond, but all I could get out was strange gurgles. I had never felt more sick in my life. Victoria just rolled her eyes. "If you insist," she muttered, and handed me a pail. Thankful, I dry-heaved into the silver bucket. I hadn't eaten anything in ages.

"Yep, you need some food," the nurse grinned. Some nurse. She couldn't have been more than 17. "You're probably wondering where you are." I nodded, unable to speak, afraid of more vomit.

"Well, little one, you are in what we Egyptians call the 361st Nome. No affiliation with the other 360 Nome. In fact, they don't even know we exist. And we plan on keeping it that way."

Victoria turned off the heart monitor machine and helped me sit up. "See, back in the day - like, 3 years ago - one of our new scryers saw something he shouldn't have. It was a vision of a man, composed of a black void. Nobody believed him - scrying was supposed to be for seeing current events in current places, not future events. But Omar did. And so did we. Eventually, the 900 of us knew that there were roughly 10 demigods that are fated to stop him, uniting all four camps in the process. Well, we knew that the other Nomes wouldn't like us 'encouraging' this stuff, so we - with the help of two weird people - constructed the 361st Nome. It doesn't really exist in one place, but one day it will. Anyways, you guys reported that you had a vision of space, as well as Chaos. Orian said he may have had a struggle with Asteria. In actuality, you hit a self-destruct button. A lot of the Roman supplies were destroyed and the Romans suspect Greek terrorism, which will be much harder on diplomacy," Victoria finished her anecdote, taking a couple of breaths.

I blinked. "We need to unite the four groups. Egyptian, Norse, Greek, and Roman. That's what the four goddesses at the Liberty Memorial told us," I managed to croak.

Victoria nodded. "We know. But we need to find the scroll first. And something tells me Alexander has it in his library..."

. . .

I had to say, while the Second Library of Alexander was impressive enough, the rest of the 361st Nome was even more gorgeous. Palm trees, evergreens, oaks, and shrubs decorated the place and coincided perfectly. Sandstone and pig iron structures spotted the area, and people of all ages rushed around, either relaxing or sending messages. The further Victoria and I walked, though, the longer people stared at us - no, at me. Apparently, they knew me by face. I wasn't sure if I should be flattered, or creeped out.

Eventually, we stepped out of the scorching heat and into the library. Taking up an entire bench were all of my friends and a new person.

"Lana, this is Omar Alfarsi, the guy behind the Nome," Victoria introduced me. Omar grinned. "Nice to meet you, Lana. Some of your friends met me a while back," he greeted me, gesturing to Damien, Orian, Adrian, Sam, and Arctander. The elf shuddered. "Basilisks..."

Victoria crossed her arms defensively. "We have a very nice basilisk named Tina. They aren't all bad."

Omar shook his head. "That's not the point of this meeting. We need to find that scroll so we can unite the camps." At that moment, a young man with a five o'clock shadow, wearing a white T-shirt and army fatigues, ran up to us. He looked to be around 25. "K, man, I managed to find five culprits. Unfortunately, I found them in the self-destruct aisle." He glanced around at the strange looks. "What? We gotta stay... somewhat organized."

Victoria nodded. "That's fine, Alex. Thanks." He grinned, and Victoria's face turned slightly pink. I wanted to dry-heave again. I can't stand flirting.

Omar took the scrolls. "OK, which one is the Fantasia Scroll?" He held them out to me. Confused, I took a step back. "Uhm, what? You don't think I'm the..."

The rest of my friends looked at me. "Well, those goddesses did deliver you their message," Elia reasoned. Everyone else nodded. It appeared I was the leader.

I blinked. "Okay..." I closed my eyes and picked a scroll. Probably not the best decision-making process ever, but what else could I do? I opened my eyes, staring at a black piece of papyrus with blood-red lettering. Dear gods.... I shuddered and read the scroll.

Enotheíte! Gia thánatos eínai kontá ston orízonta.
    Veteres, neque rugam, novam societatem.
    De fire leirene råde, så si farvel til solen.
    Teswed alemkheymat alareb'eh, weyqewl l'ela da' lash'eh aleshems.
    Eeht ot noitavlas htegnirb, enibmoc snevah uoht.

Silence. That was the first thing I noticed when I finished the last line. Ever so quietly, a rumbling grew and grew, eventually deafening the entire Nome. Outside, trees swayed, and the ground quickly began to tremble. The 13 of us rushed outside, watching people rush indoors, trying to get away from the flying sand.

Zedd grabbed my hand. "I think you read the wrong one!" he shouted above the roar.

I shook my head. "No. No... I grabbed the right one."

With that, the shaking stopped. All around the Nome, the endless sea of sand exploded with the force of an entire army, coating us head to toe. Through the flying specks of stone, I saw a giant river, surrounded by a series of hills and plains. These were quickly replaced with other settings, followed by a series of more blasts. One of the locations was horrifically familiar.

"When I said uniting the camps, I wasn't being figurative. I was literal," Omar shouted. "It's the only way to defeat Chaos. The closer, the better."

The rumbling stopped, along with the shaking. Slowly, the flying sand subsided, and we could see what surrounded us. Three camps. One of them was Kat, Cameron, and Elia's home. Another was Arctander, Sam, Adrian, and Damien's home. And the last... I stared in shock.

The closer the better. I grinned, despite the sand, dust, and dirt in my eyes. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to your new home: Camp Demigod."

End of Book II

Coming Soon - The Demigod Chronicles: The Requiem of Chaos

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:03 am

Beautiful

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7