FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:44 am

Well what do you know - I'm still alive Smile
    Finishing it up now. My creative testosterone is flowing Wink

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 Empty Re: The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:34 am

~Zedd~

12 years earlier...

"Hail Lana Clark, daughter of Apollo!" Chiron announced when the mysterious four-year old girl was claimed right in front of us.

Apollo? Really?! She didn't look much like one. I mean, as compared to a "stereotypical" Apollo kid. Yet, I've seen her with a bow and arrow earlier today. It scared me how skilled she was. She bowed her head timidly. Everyone gave a curt bow, but nobody seemed to applaud. Perhaps it was jealousy - traditionally, demigods were claimed at around 12 years of age. I guess mysterious times call for mysterious measures, though. This girl literally appeared out of nowhere.

Lana went to her new spot, on the Apollo bench. Still nobody minded her. I felt a pang of pity for her. This wasn't really fair - cabins would be all over their new half-sibling in any other case. I was tempted to sneak over to her, maybe make a new friend, when the campfire was dismissed.

Back in the Hermes cabin, a pillow fight ensued between the boys and the girls. I had no interest, though. I only worried about the new Apollo kid, which wasn't characteristic of me. I was typically quiet and reserved. The pillow fight continued for a good 5 minutes, until a lights-out call broke it up.

Despite my troubles, I managed to fall asleep rather fast. The same dream I had been having appeared once more - a place black as space, with a deep, horrible laugh, and an outline of a face just barely visible peering out of me. Of course I woke up in a sweat. What five year old kid can handle that?

I contemplating falling back asleep, but I was so shaken, not to mention hot. I eventually decided to risk the harpies and snuck off towards the beach. I wasn't the only one having a hard time sleeping, I soon found.

Lana Clark sat just at the edge of the small, rippling shoreline. A full moon hung over the horizon, and it gave just enough lighting to give the beach a soft, white glow, while the waters blinked with an obsidian black.

She must have heard me coming, because she instantly whipped around, fearing a chicken-lady had just found a midnight snack. But I was the only other person there. "Oh... hi," she spoke faintly. I smiled.

"Don't worry, it's not rule-breaking if we don't get caught. Right?" I joked. Lana managed a small smile before turning her attention back to the Long Island Sound.

"I... I just don't know if I can do this," she muttered. She had such a mature demeanor for a four year old child. I began to wonder what had happened. "This is just... I'm a fluke. I may be a little kid, but I'm not stupid. I know a four year old shouldn't be as skilled as I am, or even claimed."

I frowned a little, then sat down next to her. "So, what do you propose to do?" I asked, not expecting a response. Lana pursed her lips. "I don't know... I just know I'm different. I'm different from the different people." She laughed. "I can't explain it. Maybe it had to do with what happened to my mom." She trailed off, obviously avoiding a touchy subject. "I just feel that I have to figure out what is going on with me."

Not entirely knowing what she meant, I just went for the general idea. I had a hard time accepting being a demigod as well. I wasn't even claimed or had powers, so I was even more unsure. "Well... there's a time and place for everything. You're really good with a bow and arrow, and you no doubt might be able to survive on a quest... but maybe you should wait. For the right time." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. I didn't have the exact skill of comforting people. Especially girls.

But Lana smiled anyways. "Thanks. That's really nice. What's your name?"

I opened my mouth to say Zedd, but I stopped myself. For some reason, I felt that I shouldn't use my nickname. At least, not permanently. "Blake. I'm Blake Arkhiam. But everyone started calling me Zedd for some reason. Apparently I look like some DJ or something." 

Lana giggled. "I like Blake. It's a nice name. You probably know who I am, right?" I nodded. "Good, I don't care much for introducing myself." She laughed again. For the first time, it seemed she was happy. I began to ease up.

"You know, I think we just might be friends," I said. Still grinning, Lana nodded. "Yeah. Maybe it won't be so bad here..."
    We watched the moon hang low over the surface of the water, and only scattered when the wailing of the harpies signaled it was time to go.

My nightmares began to ebb not long after that night.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:51 pm

CHAPTER YAY!
    only this one sucked

JK AMAZING JOB! WRITE MORE

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Good chapter! Well done. Very Happy

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
    Currently Watching: Titans
    WritingBookworm
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm

~Lana~

Oh gods... oh gods, this is it, I screamed in my head. Being a demigod, you typically expected to die any moment you were out in the open. But falling... falling was horrific. In a way, it was slowly dying, having no other choice but to watch the blue, water-like grass rush towards you at critical velocity.

Katherine was no help. It seemed a venti had incapacitated her, and Arctander had rushed to her aid. Frankly, I'm surprised we all haven't killed each other. Historically, our civilizations weren't the bestest of friends. But they all fought together... long enough for the venti to disperse, hurling me Zeus-knows-how-many feet in the air.

Quite honestly, I was embarrassed. All my acquaintances had helpful powers. What could I do? Bend some goddamn sunbeams? Wyoming was deathly overcast. No room for Apollo kids. Silently, I both cursed and prayed to my father. Cursing him for not giving me anything in life, yet praying that I made it out alive, through some freak form of a miracle.

Well, no miracle happened. At least not by my standards.

I hit the ground hard. I heard the thud. Watched Cameron clamp a hand over Sam's mouth, even though nobody would be around to hear her scream. But I felt nothing. Part of me wondered if this was Apollo's final blessing. A painless death. Thanks, dad.

The air around me grew quiet, and the color seemed to drain from the world. It was as if I entered a silent film. I braved a glance at my friends as I rose to my feet shakily. They remained there, but they stood. Their mouths were agape. Not surprising. I died, I'd be a bit shocked too.

"Died is a strong word," a female voice rang out across the prairie.

"The word she is looking for probably hasn't been invented," said a male voice.

I turned around, meeting face to face with a strange pair - a man and woman. I couldn't describe them - it was like looking at someone through a heat wave, magnified by about 100. All I knew was that they were nearing middle age - maybe 30's.

"That's not the point, Gregory," the woman scolded.

"Well, let's get on with it, then, Grace," Gregory turned to me, nodding. "You're partially correct. Your soul has been quite shaken by recent events. But it is not separated. Rather, it is independent."

"It's one of the many increasing phenomena among demigods. Quite intriguing. And dangerous. Chaos is really beginning to mobilize," Grace added.

I blinked, startled. "Um, did you just say Chaos?" If I remembered correctly from the mythology classes I frequently skipped, Chaos was some dude entity that apparently spawned existence and the universe itself.

"Indeed. As double agents, we have access to a lot of inside information," Gregory responded.

Grace nodded. "Ekecheiria is favorable to us, of course. But if it wasn't for Chaos designating us as his Mercenaries, we wouldn't have stood a chance against the Inquisition. Such a terrible period."

I narrowed my eyes. Who in Hades were these people? And if she is talking about THE Inquisition, then that must mean they are... holy sacred cow crap.

"So, what's happening to me?" I asked, regaining my composure.

"Quite simple, really. You had a natural reaction to impending death - a fight-or-flight response. But seeing as you can neither fight nor fly in the air, your spirit took drastic measures," Gregory explained. "You took the form of a ghost. Which is a most strange event, considering that is strictly a Hades power. In normal convention, that would be..."

"Chaotic," I finished. "But... what is Chaos doing? Why is he giving an Apollo kid the power to transform into her spirit?"

"To mess things up, dear," Grace answered. "Despite the usefulness your power has, it is meant to be your ultimate downfall. And one day, it will be, when three of you meet."

"And you're not the only one afflicted," Gregory added, nodding to one of my group members, who was kneeling on the ground where I hit the Earth.

I stared at him, confused. Then it clicked. A son of Odin, being able to manipulate time. That's certainly chaotic enough.

"Damien," I whispered.

I turned back to the twins. "So what do..." Son of a bitch. They vanished. Well, at least they left me on this spectral plane. I rubbed my hands. "Come on... turn me back," I whispered to whatever gave me the power. But nothing happened. Maybe I had to really, REALLY wish I was back in the mortal world...

The space in front of me blurred. Hazy lines narrowed to a single point in my field of vision, and the color returned. A light blue sky nearly blinded me.

"Lana!" I heard a shout. A surprised group of Norse, Greek, and Roman kids turned and rushed towards me. 

"How did you do that?" Zedd shouted, more than asked, and clutched me. Surprised, I patted his back. "It's a long story, Blake," I grinned. 

He blushed. "We got time. Tell us," he pleaded. I nodded in resignation.

"OK... but first, I need to talk to Damien," I said. The chatter stopped.

"Damien? Why?" Sam asked. She stared at me intently. Being the daughter of a death goddess, she must have had some idea of what was happening.

"It's a long story," I repeated, not willing to elaborate. Whatever Grace and Gregory told us, I wanted it to be a secret between the two of us - three, if we ever found the third child.

I was sure that if I told the rest, they would not hesitate to kill us. Friends or no friends. I've learned not to trust anyone. Except for one person.

Last edited by Zedd on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Another Great Chapter Smile

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Hmm, chaos powers. That's an interesting and nice development. Good job. ^.^

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
    Currently Watching: Titans
    WritingBookworm
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Demigod Chronicles: The Infamous Half-Blood - Page 6 Empty D: Stupid formatting.

Post by Adrian on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:18 am

~Damien~

I folded my arms as Lana finished telling me her story. Chaos was manipulating our powers... very interesting. "Well, that explains my chronokinesis. Doesn't make sense that an Odin child has that, I guess. But, Grace and Gregory. Did they say anything else? Like, how Chaos is giving us our powers? Or who the third demigod was?"

Lana shook her head, shifting her bow. "No. And to be frank, I don't want to know. I'm tired of people pushing me around, and all I care about is being able to have some control over something. Also, if we knew who the other person was, it could spell disaster for us anyways."

I nodded, though I was unsure of what Lana was talking about. I had a theory brewing up in my head. "If there is enough of the panacea left after Orian has used it... I don't think this counts as a sickness, but a power that will lead to our downfall is definitely an affliction. Do you think it could work?"

Lana stepped back. "I don't know. Chaos has been pulling some shit, from what I've heard. The panacea could give us cancer. Or blow us up."

I sighed. Of course. I walked over to Sam, who seemed to be deducing the possible ability Lana has gained. "Any idea of what Lana can do exactly?" I asked, plopping down next to Orian.

"Not at the moment. Definitely Chthonic, though. Underworld powers typically involve the dead, or witchcraft." Sam pulled out some nectar, attempting to feed Orian.

However, he shook his head. "Less talking, more travelling. We're wasting time sitting here," he complained. Orian was right, of course. Whatever Chaos was planning to do, we had to get to Camp Jupiter, and fast.

Elia looked around at us, her dark eyes piercing us. "No offense, Adrian, but I think runic travel is out of the question." My half-brother simply shrugged.

"Well, how else can we get from Wyoming to San Francisco? Anyone else do teleportation?" He asked.

For a while, nobody spoke. I was beginning to ask Adrian if I could try runic travel, when Cameron shocked us all. "I could try," he grinned. Katherine stared at him. "How exactly, Cam?"

His smile fell, but still lingered. "Sorcery. I'm a son of Trivia," he spoke, glancing at Orian. "Or Hecate, if you will. We'll need a doorway though. And that will require walking."

. . .

Thank the gods for Arctander.

The elf dude stayed under the radar, but when it came to navigation, he was incredible. In just under an hour, we arrived at what appeared to be a visitor's center.

"Grant Village," Sam whispered, edging a little closer to me as gusts of wind picked up. It was undeniably cold up here. "We must be in Yellowstone National Park."

Orian grinned. "Cool." Despite the obvious pain he was in, he didn't seem fazed by current events.

Adrian nodded. "When I lose control of runic travel, like I obviously did back there, it takes me to places in the mortal world that have a connection with the Norse world."

"This must be a bridgeway to Muspelheim. Remember Surt?" Sam asked grimly.

I shuddered. "Rather not." I walked towards the visitor's center, but Arctander put a hand on my shoulder. I turned to him, confused. "What?"

"I don't like this place. Nobody is here," he muttered, looking around nervously, as if he was making a drug deal.

Elia shrugged. "Yeah, so? It's probably not open. Parks have, like, seasons and stuff in which they are open."

The nature spirit shook his head. "No. Listen. There is nothing here. Even the wind stopped - "

Arctander was cut off by a low howl, followed by a vortex of cold and hot air. "Holy shit," Orian muttered, almost doubled-over. Cameron propped him up, struggling in the process. We all huddled together - the wind whipped so hard, we could barely keep our eyes open, let alone stand up.

A dark void opened up in front of us, shifting the winds so it seemed that it was sucking the air. Slowly, a tall, imposing man, composed of what appeared to be nothing, materialized from the black hole.

"I hate Wyoming," it growled. At least, that's what I thought it did. The figure's voice seemed to come up from thousands of feet below the earth.

Elia, gnawing her teeth, was the one to speak up. "What do you want?" she shouted over the wind.

"No introductions, I see? Well, it's clear that I am Chaos, the one that borne everything you demigods call Earth. And to answer your question, Elia Blanc, I don't want anything. What I need, however, is a new age of being. Humans aren't progressing. They fail to see the truth - the truth about their world." Chaos boomed across the park.

I raised an eyebrow. What was this guy talking about? A new age of being? "Then why are you doing such impossible stuff?" I blinked. Wow, that was a really crappy way of phrasing. For some reason, Chaos jumbled my brain up just staring at him. "What I mean, is - "

Chaos held a hand up. "I know what you mean, Damien Ferrera. Why mess things up further if they are already messed up to begin with? Well, it's simply in my current nature. Even as a primordial being, I am bound to the unbreakable commands of the Fates. As a ruler of the impossible, however, I can do to bend them a little."

"But I come here on another matter. I hold a simple message, one that my foolish servants failed to provide to you. Do not try and stop me. I have seen the future, and it is not pretty. Already, the Mist is not... keeping up to par with recent events." I couldn't see his face, and was not even sure if he had one. I was fairly sure, however, that he was grinning maliciously.

"If you'd prefer a slightly-less chaotic transition, you might do well to stop this quest right now. Otherwise, I see it ending very tragically for one of your friends. My power isn't at full capacity yet. I can barely keep this form as it is. But mark my words - one of you will fall." With that happy note, Chaos disappeared in a flash of dark purple. The winds instantly ebbed, and we broke our "penguin huddle."

None of us could speak. What was there to speak about? One of us was going to die.

Cameron turned to the doorway several yards away. "Let's get to freaking California, already."

When we arrived inside, the television was turned on. I stared at Adrian. Nobody else was in here. It had to be Chaos that turned the TV on.

Katherine shrugged. "Well, let's see what's on the news..."

I flipped the channel to Fox News, and instantly wished I hadn't. A "BREAKING NEWS" bulletin appeared. The footage displayed a dimly lit park. In the background, a tall pyre glowed. But that wasn't the main news. From the police car dashcam, I witnessed the ten of us jump into a swirling blue vortex. "... and investigators are unsure of what caused the phenomenon that occured only 2 days ago, or where the group of children vanished to after it opened." Wait a second... TWO DAYS? We were asleep that long?! But the bulletin continued. "A team of top research physicists from around Europe, Asia, and America are currently discussing the cause of the "Kansas City Wormhole," the news anchor reported.

Orian held his head in his hands, and Cameron began to scratch his head nervously. But we didn't need to be sorcerers to know what was going on. The fact that the mortals could see Adrian's runic portal meant only one thing. The Mist had failed. And we could only guess what else could be seen without the help of the magical veil.

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythie on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:02 am

Well that sounds fun… great chapter

Mythie
    Epic Creator
    Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:41 am

~Cameron~

I had to say, I never really used door-traveling before. It was slightly archaic, and used for emergencies only. I think I did a fair job, though.

That doesn't mean I'll ever do it again.

It was simple - simple enough for a son of the goddess of magic and doorways. All you had to do was make sure the door was shut, focus on where you wanted to go, draw a λ or L on the door, and voila! Open it, and there you were, somewhere near the location you imagined. That's the easy part. The hard part is actually walking into it. When you walk through, the Mist thickens so mortals can't see that there is a totally different place on the other side. It's enough to jumble up demigod brains, but, seeing as the Mist is going wacko, it nearly blacked me out.

I stumbled out onto a sidewalk. Through the fog, I could make out the Golden Gate Bridge. Apart from that, everything else was an unrecognizable blur. I watched Elia actually stumble off the curb. With great effort, I let go of the lamp post I was clinging on to long enough to pull Elia away from oncoming traffic. I don't care if Chaos said one of us was going to die. I'd rather it be more dignified than getting hit by a Dish TV van.

She looked a little pissed, but mumbled a "Thanks Cameron. And thanks for mentioning I'd be as sober as one of Bacchus' children."

I blinked away the blurry little squiggly lines in my vision. "Hey, I didn't know. OK, I knew the Mist would be bad, but..." The blurriness suddenly faded away. Either it was done clogging everyone's cognitive functions or it was breaking again. Sam looked at me, rubbing her pale arms nervously. "Now where? You don't expect us to just go marching in to Camp Jupiter. You might be Roman, but think about what they'll do to Greeks... and Norse kids."

Katherine put her hand on Sam's shoulder. "Don't worry. I can talk to my sister. Tell her what's going on." But the look in Kat's eyes said otherwise.

"Maybe we shouldn't be so rash. They won't believe us, you know that," Elia objected. I agreed. Like a couple of banished Romans can convince the praetor of Camp Jupiter that there is a hidden reliquary capable of protecting the world from disorder. Yeah right.

I stared at a fat, pudgy dragon statue on a Chinese antiques doorstep. "Bet we could fly a dragon into camp," I grinned. I kicked the stone beast. "C'mon, Puff. Do your stuff!"

Kat rolled her eyes. "Cam, come on. They'd blast it out of the sky, us along with it."

"NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!" a shrill voice screeched across the street, piercing the morning sky. Several shouts prompted me to turn from the dragon, but I was too late. Adrian, Damien, Orian, and Kat were encased in jade blocks that snapped into existence with a thud. "You punks better stay away from my gold..." the same, high pitched voice growled, and the squares of sidewalk the rest of us stood on gave way to a pitch black void.

. . .

Landing on your butt isn't fun. Landing on your butt in a puddle of questionable water isn't better. I grumbled about the circumstances.

"Well, that's what you get for kicking me, Soggy Ass!" I heard a mean cackle taunt me. "Maybe you punks will learn a lesson. I'll come by later and see if I can fish out an apology. Maybe then, I'll knock you out before I kill you."

I looked around the chamber I was in. A lone torch stood in the middle of the classroom-sized prison, barely illuminating the four walls. I was alone.

Well, 5 of us at least had to get out. I began searching for a way out. After five minutes, I felt a tug in my head. .... can.... you guys hear me....? It was like listening to a radio channel under a mile of concrete, but it was audible. It had to be telepathy... but how could Lana do that?

Maybe I could try speaking to her. Lana? How are you able to... never mind. Do you have a plan? For a while, I heard no answer. Then, she spoke up again, this time clearer, but a little uneasy. Well... I only did what I can do once. But I might be able to...

She didn't have to finish. A prickly feeling washed over me - as if my entire body had fallen asleep, instead of a foot. Static washed over me, and my vision turned gray and spotty.

I blinked twice. The spots subsided, along with the static. But my vision was still in the Twilight Zone.

"Thank the gods. I was afraid it wouldn't work." Startled, I whipped around to face Lana. She was in a room just like mine, except without the puddle. Behind her were four more rooms, with the rest of my friends in each of them. Lana had somehow made the walls invisible. "What the..."

Lana's eyes went wide with understanding. "They're not just see-through," she explained, and walked through the boundary separating my room from hers. "I don't think it's necessarily being dead. I think... I think it's just like..."

"Your soul... making its own path?" Sam spoke as she rushed over to us, followed by Arctander, Elia, and Zedd. Lana shook her head. "No, not exactly. It's allowing me to see a path no mortal, or maybe even immortal, can see."

Arctander jumped back. "Wait a second. My soul is different from your soul. How is that possible, that I can see everything you guys can?" Lana shook her head. "I don't know. Maybe I just allowed you guys to follow me into this plane."

She walked to the northern wall of my chamber. A pathway led into the shadows, surrounded by a dark, dark maroon. "The closer I get, the more I can see. It doesn't look dangerous... so far. We should follow it."

Zedd shrugged. "You know more than we do." None of us objected. Before long, we were all packed into the long and surprisingly bumpy corridor. Suddenly, Lana held up her hand. "Stop!" We stopped, only after colliding into each other. "Oof!" Elia squeaked, then clamped her hand over her mouth, sullen and embarrassed. Zedd and Arctander peered over Lana's shoulders. In front of us was some sort of sentient, writhing mass of vines. At least 25 tentacles of green whips flailed in the air. Above it was a 4 foot wide hole, with 8 rings circling it. Zedd grinned. "I got this," he said, snapping his fingers and generating a burst of flame.

"BLAKE, NO!" Lana cried, but it was too late. A vine suddenly elongated itself, flying out to Zedd's hand and smashing it against the wall. He nearly doubled over, and I couldn't blame him. The crack that accompanied the collision couldn't have been good. He blinked tears out of his eyes. "Well, let's not do that."

Sam looked at Lana curiously. "Blake?" she asked inquisitively, and Lana blushed.

"Long story," she mumbled. Arctander just shook his head. "I got this," he declared, and held out his hand to the plantopus. A burst of melodious, tranquil sound emanated from it, and the monster stretched its limbs, almost as if it was protesting. 7 managed to latch onto the rings. "Now try," he whispered to Zedd.

Zedd nodded, and with his left hand, sent a blast of hot energy at the core of the beast. It quickly incinerated, leaving its seven tentacles dangling from the hole in the ceiling.

Nobody spoke. We were ready to get out, and get out fast. In a matter of seconds, we pulled each other up, into the hole, and climbed out.

Sadly, sunshine and the beautiful San Francisco Bay did not meet us. Instead, 6 dark hallways faced us. All looked disturbingly dangerous, like out of a creepypasta based off of the sewers. Lana just grinned. "Let's take the one less traveled by." She waved her hand, and a spiral staircase materialized in front of us.

I raised an eyebrow. Okay, this was way too easy. But who was I to complain? Any step closer to leaving was a good step. We all scrambled up, into yet another humongous chamber.

This one, however, nearly blinded me. Torches were hung all over the walls, and piles and piles of gold lay in random heaps. But Sam and Arctander looked on with nervousness. "I knew it. Okay, Fafnir. Where are you?" Sam shouted.

A fat, funny looking dragon crawled out of a small cavern of gold. "What the sh... how... what?" Fafnir stuttered, but Sam drew her sword. "Let us go. Now." But the strange creature cackled. "You really think I'm gonna do that? Let Soggy Ass and his friends go... yeah, nope." He was 300 feet away, but decided to charge us. I wasn't sure if he was stupid in the head or what. He appeared to be going about 2 miles an hour.

Arctander explained the situation. "Fafnir was a dwarf who was cursed by Andvari. He was turned into a dragon and vowed to protect the gold he was cursed by. But he was slain by Sigurd... how is he here again?"

"Why don't you ask that genius Chaos?" Fafnir shouted, as he stopped to take what appeared to be a breather. "He said he could remove the curse and spread the wealth this chamber carried. He revived me, returned the gold, and promised he would turn me back into a dwarf. Who can resist that offer? He's a good guy."

"A good guy? Chaos tried to bring Ragnarok, Fafnir," Elia shouted. Fafnir stopped panting and heaving. "Say what? Bring... Ragnarok? But that's impossible."

Arctander shook his head. "Not for Chaos, it isn't. He wants to scrap everything we know. Restart everything and make it into his utopia. But his utopia isn't what you'd expect. He is already trying to shut down the Mist. The results would be disastrous. It would be..." Arctander trailed off, not needing to finish the sentence.

Fafnir blinked. "Oh. Well. Don't I look like an ass. Here I thought I could help by making everyone wealthy," he muttered, gazing at the gold. "First, I get turned into a shameful excuse of a dragon. Then, I try to protect people from getting cursed, and get killed by that jerk Sigurd. Now I realize that I am actually falling for a stupid trick. It seems I'm cursed in more ways than one."

I frowned. Even though he vowed to kill us and called me Soggy Ass, I still felt bad for him. Misfortune could be a bitch.

Elia walked up to him, brushing a lock of hair from her face. "I know how you feel, Fafnir. I've been cursed with misfortune as well. The gift as well as the affliction. But I might be able to ease your troubles, even if I can't stop mine."

Fafnir's little dragon ears perked up. "Really? You think so? That'd be great!" He made a funny little hop, and Elia smiled. A real one, from the looks of it. She placed a small hand on Fafnir's scaly, bumpy head and closed her eyes. Nothing happened, or at least it seemed like it.

"Thanks, whoever you are. I can feel it slowly fading away. Is there any way I can help you all? I know it seems sudden, but I want vengeance against Chaos."

Elia looked at us. "What do you guys think?" We shrugged, looking around at each other. "I'm cool with it," Lana spoke. Elia turned back to Fafnir. "Then it's settled. We have four more friends topside. Do you think you could fly us to Camp Jupiter?"

Fafnir bowed his head. "I dunno. They might blast us out of the sky. But I can carry all ten of you near an entrance."

. . .

The sun was at its peak position by the time we popped out of the manhole on the sidewalk. Strangely, we had not strayed far at all from our original place. We walked to where our friends were encased in stone. However, the stone was gone, and in its place were Adrian, Damien, Katherine, and Orian. We rushed to them gleefully, but Orian stepped back.

"I can't... we need to hurry," he muttered. "That stone didn't do any good. It smelled awful, and... I think I threw up four times." He was as pale as ever. I had totally forgotten Orian was poisoned.

Adrian nodded. "Then we must hurry." He gave a cursory glance to Fafnir. "Is that..." Sam stepped in front of him. "Long story. He knows a secret entrance to Camp Jupiter. We all must enter."

The son of Odin nodded. "All right, Fafnir. Show us what you got." The dwarf-dragon hopped into the air, allowing us to grab onto his legs. I squeezed my eyes. "I don't see how this is possible," Kat muttered nervously.

But it was. When I opened my eyes, we were sailing over San Francisco, to a large set of hills in the distance. Next stop, Camp Jupiter, the panacea, and whatever scroll was hidden there.

Time to see how fast we'd all get slaughtered.

[At most, 2 chapters left, bt dubs.]

Last edited by Zedd on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Adrian
    Administrator
    Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next