FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ Empty Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰

Post by Hime on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:53 pm

The tallest old man at the bar downed another stein of beer, his glasses flashing mischievously as he did. No amount of alcohol could inebriate him; at least, that’s what it seemed like.

A wiry man with darker skin clapped him on the back. His stark white guild tattoo was bold and proud, perched on his upper arm. “Another round, Filius?” His tone implied that his question was rhetorical. “The guild master of Serpent King can’t be bested by a slew of low-ranked pirates.”

Surrounding pirates hissed at the insult, but were too drunk to care for long. They carried on with knocking back shots of rum, both dark and light. Their cheeks became rosied and their speech became slow and slurred. “Dread! Dread! Dread!” some of them began to chant.

Captain Dread filled another stein with the beer spout, pushing it towards his friend. “Neither can the guild master of Mermaid’s Lament,” he insisted with a wink. “After you, Zell.”

The man gave a sly smile and knocked it back in a blink. “Thanks for the encouragement.”

“You’ll need it in three days.”

“Ah, Recruitment Day,” Zell hummed, deciding to take a seat. “What do you think your turnout will be? A hundred plus, as usual?”

Dread shrugged nonchalantly. “Could be. Only the right ones will catch my eye. I have two in mind already.”

This prompted an eyebrow quirk. “Oh? Who?” he asked with faint amusement.

Serpent King’s captain gave a roll of his eyes and a dismissing wave of his hand. “You know better than to snoop,” he half-scolded.

- Luca -

The glittering expanse of the open sea was my favorite sight on the way home. This time around, the skies were gloomy and crowded with thick grey clouds that turned the churning waters a murky green. A strong gale of wind pressed forward and caused me to stumble. Sailing would be tricky in this weather, no doubt; of course, I didn’t have much of a choice. Mom was waiting.

I stepped carefully down the cliff’s incline, switching my bag of loot from one shoulder to the other. Pawley’s knockoff pier and dingy little boat weren’t hard to find - you just had to follow the stench of tobacco. I gave a sigh of relief when my feet hit the sands of the tiny sliver of beach, taking some pressure off of my knees.

“Hey.” I flung my goods into the old geezer’s boat. “Ready to go.”

Pawley’s bushy salt-and-pepper brows elevated in mild surprise. “Already? You usually spend a day or so in the capital.”

I pointed vaguely upwards. There came another strong gust of wind, which sent some sand to bite at my exposed ankles. “See that? I’d rather try to race it than be stuck here for longer than I need to be,” I told him. “That being said, we should hurry.”

As if on cue, he held out his hand. I rolled my eyes and flicked a gold coin in his direction.

“You should just start paying for round trips,” Pawley began as he prepared for departure.

I gave his shamelessness a shake of my head. “Your round trips are more expensive than me paying twice. I’m already paying you more than I should.”

The old man shot a wink in my direction. “It’s called tax, for keeping your little secret.”

≺≻≺≻≺≻

“Home.”

I was greeted by the sound of dripping leaks as soon as I closed the door behind me. Once I dropped my bag of goods, I wiped the rainwater from my face and hair using the end of my robe. Then came the familiar quick and gentle footsteps.

Mom stood on her tiptoes and began to dry my damp hair with a towel. There was a faint look of disapproval on her face, but not enough to make a comment about. “How was your trip?”

“Productive,” I answered, pulling a few ripe tomatoes out of the bag and handing them to her. “The trick is to buy the slightly premature ones so they ripen on the journey.”

She took them with a small smile. “Mhm. ‘Buy’ them.”

- Ophelia -

“I’m sending you to Kingsfell for the time being until recruitment for the guilds begins.”

I shuffled my deck of cards absently as I listened to the drone of the crew outside my cabin. Beast Summon, Shield Summon, back to Beast Summon, Sleep Summon… Not a very impressive collection. But sentimental value always came before strength in my book.

“I want you to join Serpent King. It could be good for you.”

My head settled back into the cushion of my seat. I stared at the ceiling, remembering my father’s words from merely two days ago. The mixed feelings of excitement and anger were still entirely present. ‘Good for me? You must be getting something out of it, then,’ I wanted to say. But I stayed quiet and obliged; after all, what could be so bad about a little adventure? A little adventure away from my father and his sixth wife, no less.

After a while of waiting, gentle raps sounded on my cabin door. “Lady Ophelia?”

“Yes?” I called in response.

“We have arrived in Kingsfell Port.”

I rose quickly from my seat, throwing open the nearest window. Sure enough, I was greeted by the drone of social pirates and the smell of sea salt married to tobacco. I gazed out over the crowded piers, taking in the vastly different culture with a look of awe.

“...Shall I get your belongings for you?” the servant at the door called again.

I whipped around and threw my hair up into a ponytail. I then tossed my deck into my open suitcase, snapped it shut, and hoisted it up. I slid open the cabin door wearing a bright smile. “I got it, no worries!” I sang, brushing right past him. “Let’s go!”

Back to top Go down

Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ Empty Re: Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:24 pm

~Reva~

The creaky old wooden door was drowned out by the sounds of older men yelling at each other as I entered the bar. I had to dodge out of the way of a few elbows, and threw a few of my own in order to make it through the crowd. A chant began and I rolled my eyes as Fillius' guild master title was shouted across the bar.

The man in question was seated up in a stool next to someone I didn't necessarily recognize, even though I had probably been introduced before. A man lurches into me once I catch sight of Dread and I easily push him off, not really caring where he landed as long as it wasn't on top of me.

With a path finally cleared I snagged the seat next to Filius and swiped up his stein, waving it in front of his face with a smirk, "Oh come on, old man, can't even order a round for a old friend?"

~Benedict~

I thread the needle through soft pink fabric, the motions soothing and meticulous as I finish up a small bunny doll. Nothing would ever be as cute as Daisy, but I had to admit this little fella' came close.

A sudden cough drew my attention to the corner of the small, dark room I was sitting in, immediately followed by more. I scrambled off of my stool and over to the ragged bed roll, taking my mother's hand in mine as another fit took her.

"Oh, Benny, I'm fine," she rasped out, trying to smile as she was rocked by the fit, "I promise, go finish your work."

"But Mama, I'm done," I tell her, voice cracking in fear as I watch her. I set the little bunny down beside her, concentrating very hard until it suddenly stands and bows to her, "See? Isn't he lovely?"

"Benny he's wonderful," she says as the little rabbit begins to dance for her. As she watches her eyes begin to slip close and her hand goes limp in my own.

For a horrible second I think that she won't move again, but her chest starts to rise and fall in a steady rhythm. I breathe out a sigh of relief and the little bunny bows once more before curling up next to my mother. The animation lifts and once again it becomes nothing more than a stuffed toy.

I bring my hand up to my face, wiping away tears as I silently cry over my mother's sleeping form. I never liked to cry with her so near but I couldn't help it. My mother was dying and I could do little to stop it. I only had one chance, but could I even do it?

Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:42 pm

Maite

"Bloody hell, Dane!" I handed my friend the pipe and watched as he took a long drag, leaning back into his chair. "It's not like I'm joining an underground cult. It's the bloody Serpent King! I mean, think of the prestige."

"If you get in," he muttered, smoke releasing from his nose. "Which I doubt you will. Hundreds if not thousands of people try out. Only a select few make it, and none of them are scraggly like you."

I rolled my eyes at the pale-skinned asshole sitting next to me. Dane never had an eye for the future, which was probably why we didn't hang out much. He was more content with getting high off his ass and sitting on it as well. "You're a real prick, Dane," I hissed, turning my gaze to the skies above. "I'm not like you or my parents back home. I'm something else. And Serpent King will recognize that, if nobody else will."

I rose from my seat - a wooden barrel that had far too many splinters for my liking - and disembarked from the small run-aground ship on the coast of the left island of the Three Brother Isles. Head still buzzing from the smoke, I decided to drink in the surrounding noises of the hustle and bustle around me. The marketplace was even more lively than usual - no doubt preparing for the event coming in three day's time.

Calum

"Madam, it has been ten years. Just for this one moment, can you allow them to watch the Game of Guilds?"

The Prince of Mirages sat in the stark white parlor of the van der Zee mansion, across from its co-owner, the eternally stormy Lady Alvida. His pleas to the stately woman to release his former friends from their purgatory have once again fallen on ignorant ears as Alvida shook her head stoutly.

"The path to their freedom will become apparent to my children once they reconcile. The damage they have done to my esta- I mean, our legacy, cannot be undone until they have learned to resolve their differences in a manner consistent with our family's principles."

Calum's face fell at these words - an argument he had heard all too often from the van der Zee parents. For the past 5 years, Calum had been trying desperately to bid for Anders and Annette's freedom, to no avail. While Alvida was correct - the damage to the family reputation could be seen in the reconstructed parts of their manor, a permanent scar on a once-shining legacy - Calum still felt that ten years was time enough for them to return to society, even if they hadn't reconciled. He still couldn't figure out why their parents were so adamant on keeping their children away for so long. But with the Game of Guilds coming up, and with his parents gone for so long... it wasn't right to keep them sequestered so long.

Not when things seemed to be changing so much.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:20 pm

"Have the donations been properly distributed, your highness?"

Prince Nikolai absentmindedly rubbed his chin as he stared out the window before him. He was quite obviously not immersed in the conversation, as he found matters concerning the Game of Guilds to be arbitrary. Still, his answer to the advisor was diplomatic: "Yes. I alotted about 10,000 gold for each guild."

Despite his feelings, the Game of Guilds accumulated the most attention out of any event in Odril. He knew the matters had to be dealt with.

His advisor smiled. "Excellent. Is there anything else you'd like to handle while I'm in the castle?" he asked.

Nikolai gave him a dismissive shake of his head. "You're free to go," the prince said kindly.

There were no more exchanged words. The advisor simply bowed, then promptly left the throne room to leave the prince by his lonesome.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dread grew a grin when Reva approached. Though Zell appeared mildly confused, he didn't pause for an introduction. He simply slid a gold coin across the counter with a glint in his eye.

"A stein of ale for the lass!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

- Malice -

It was late morning and definitely an inappropriate time to ask me how many drinks I've had.

I took refuge in a local Kingsfell bar, which was unusually rowdy in the wake of the... Guild of Games? Was that what they call it? The round of shots I just took didn't allow me to think very clearly.

"I'm telling you," I began a very convincing story to the group of men sitting at the bar with me. "I am a prince. A prince from a far-off land who's desperately in search of a wife."

This earned me a handful of toothless smiles. It's worth mentioning that this isn't the classiest place in town, evidenced by the heavily tatted and unhygienic clientele; but who cares, right? That's what I call character.

"Good luck finding a worthwhile gal here," one of them snorted, wiping the beer foam from his upper lip. "They're all nuts!"

I took another shot -- it was some sort of clear liquor -- and chuckled in response. "That's how I like them. Crazy and rich."

Another drunkard rolled his eyes. "Why would a prince like rich women? Don't you have enough of your own?"

"Ah, a good observation." I could feel myself beginning to fake slur to match their behavior. "Though I'm incredibly wealthy on my own, you must realize that riches are an indication of character. Does she work hard? Is she independent? What other misogynistic phrases can you lot relate to?"

The group cooed in understanding. This made me grin.

"Say," I continued, leaning towards them as the bartender filled up yet another shot glass. "What's an easy way to make money around here? Perhaps I'll find the perfect woman there."

A few of them exchanged looks, evidently working hard to think about my question. "There are a decent number of hardworking women who join the pirate guilds here," the bald one chimed in after a moment. "There may be a few more joining the ranks here in a few days for the Game of Guilds."

I hummed out of interest. "So, you're telling me there's money to be made in these pirate guilds?"

"Oh, yeah. Especially in Serpent King."

Without paying, I stood up from my seat and feigned a diplomatic salute. "Thank you for the information, gentlemen. I'll be sure to send you a postcard from my kingdom."

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:00 pm

~Reva~

I slipped my hat off of my head, letting it fall from my fingers on the bar as the stein was slid over to me. I raise the glass towards the man who payed in a toast before taking a swig.

Once I come up from the glass I push on Filius’ shoulder, “Let me guess, more guild talk?”

Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:21 pm

~Soren
Standing with my legs spread in a stance, in my usual spot at the east courtyard in the gardens, I practiced my sword swings, trying to concentrate. Even though I was now learning magic, I made sure to continually keep up with my sword training. After all, I couldn’t let myself get rusty.

Sweat glistened on my skin as the sun shone shown overhead. I could feel it trickling down my back and down my sides but I made sure not to break my concentration. After another set of swings, I could finish up and get ready for lunch, but I knew I shouldn’t let my mind wander. I’d already been thinking about the Game of Guilds too much today...

Sighing, I let my arms rest. That was about it for today anyways, and I knew my stomach would only start aching worse if I pushed myself any further.

Taking a swig of water from the canteen I carried out with me, I preceded to pour the rest of it over my head to cool myself off. It was getting hotter every day, and the humidity did nothing to help.

I wasn’t sure if anyone else would be joining me for lunch today, but I’d make sure to dine in the dining room. It was pretty lonely sometimes without father and mother around, but everyone was up to something different, and I was sure Nikolai was busy, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Sheathing the golden sword, I made my way back to my chambers to drop off my things and then have lunch. I’d need to get all my energy back for later today.

~Selenia
It had been a month since I’d left home and come to Kingsfell, and I was beginning to wonder if this had been the right choice after all. Even though I had the Lion’s key, it wasn’t exactly like I could put him to work making money. He barely listened to me as it was, if I could even get him to stop trying to hit on me. Were all the Zodiac spirits like this?

So anyways, in the meantime I’d found a job at one of the taverns near the port which was also kind enough to lend me a room on the second floor, although I couldn’t count the amount of times I was sure the owner had tried peeping on me. Thankfully I had Plue to keep me company, but in all honesty I hadn’t been prepared for the rough and tumble of the city. Having grown up in a small town, I wasn’t ready for everything that the city had thrown at me. What I had quickly grown tired of, however, were the drunks who came in and thought they could harass me just because I worked here. If I had a gold coin for each guy that had tried to touch my behind since moving here, I’d have enough to buy the whole building.

Still, I needed this job for the time being, at least until recruiting started, which should be any day now. I was just looking forward to walking out of here and being able to move on the the real reason I’d left home. Dropping an armful of beers off at a table, I headed back for the next table’s. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted what was definitely a no good lowlife talking up some other morons. I knew his kind pretty well. Slick, talkative, usually good-looking but definitely nothing but trouble.

As I put another armful of empty mugs down at the counter, I looked over to see him getting up to leave. Groaning internally, I wondered why I took this job. Sometimes it was more trouble than the pay was worth.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” I shouted as I headed over, to the exit, nearly tripping over the stupid dress the owner called a uniform as my heels he required us to wear caught one of the many, many ruffles. I’d like to see him carry around a bunch of ales wearing these.

“Before you start building a kingdom, you’re best paying off your tab. I’m sure a prince would have no problem with that, right?” I added as I put my hand on one of my keys behind my waist, just in case.

Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:32 pm

{ Luna }

Busy tending to one of the tables of drunken males, I can't help but notice Selenia catching what I assumed to be a forgetful customer. Drunks came in here all the time, trying to walk out without paying their due. Drinks didn't come free; neither did service. I learned that one at least pretty early on.

I wasn't one to get in between others, let alone Selenia. She could take care of herself; her magic was strong and her attitude stronger. Just in the short time I've known her, she's inspired me. Truly, she was pretty motivating. Never had I seen her let her be walked over or taken for granted. She worked her pay and was still able to make me smile even when we were both pretty exhausted and worn out.

She should be okay I thought, She has her keys on hand, though, that dress would be a pain to have to fight in. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Entertaining the drunken men who commented lewdly about parts of my body I didn't care to hear about for the millionth time, I kept an eye out to the situation near the exit.

Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰ YSSVP9Y
Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:39 pm

"What else do I talk about?" Dread grinned. "Have you considered my offer?"

- Malice -

Damn.

"Oh, please forgive me," I responded politely, drawing out the proper amount of money from my pocket. Luckily, it was money that I stole earlier and not my own. "I'm thankful you caught me before I walked out that door."

I then pulled out an extra stolen gold coin. "Here's a tip for my irresponsible behavior."

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:46 pm

~Reva~

“You really need another hobby,” I mutter into my cup before draining it. I push it back towards the bartender, flipping him another coin before glancing back at Filius, “I have, and I think I’m finally going to have to accept it, old man.”

Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:59 am

~Misuki~
I hum softly to myself as I traverse the streets of Kingsfell, arms clasped behind my back and my head twisting back and forth as I drank in the sights. I had been living in Kingsfell for a couple of years now, but I still found the city fascinating; the sights, the sounds, all the people, all of it continued to amaze me.

I hurry my pace towards one of the taverns near the port, eager to get to my destination. Running across another Celestial Spirit user in this town was pretty extraordinary so I was anxious to check in with Selenia and see how she was doing. I slow to a stop as I near the port, the sea breeze wiping at my hair and ruffling my clothes. I smile and take a deep breath through my nose, brushing a strand of stray hair behind my ear. The Game of Guilds is approaching. . . maybe being out on the sea wouldn't be so bad. . .  I let the thought drift past my mind before taking off for my destination once more.

Slowing to a stop, I push open the door to the tavern, gazing inside. Immediately I see Selenia shouting at a patron who sheepishly hands over some coin. I raise an eyebrow but send a wave Selenia's direction before grabbing a spot at the bar.

~Reinar~
I let out a loud yawn as I enter the dining room, stretching my arms above my head. I could see Soren already arrived but thankfully Nikolai wasn't; now I couldn't be chastised for being late.

"Mornin', Soren," I call out as I take a place at the table.

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next