FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:04 pm

I reappear

Because I can.  But there's already plenty of fuckery going on here and my major plot point's already dropped.  What's an author to do?

Assist!  Like an overzealous white suburban soccer mom, I referee from the side-lines, which is to say I do anything but mind my own business, taking a baseball bat to the local errant bee population with gusto.  But it is, as I suspected, not enough, not even with a ring of broken machines around me.

"Goddammit," I say, eyeing our situation.  There are still.  A lot of bees.  And Lightbringer.  Yo, FUCK Lightbringer!  I eye Harwell's one and only perfect superhero, and for a moment imagine delivering sweet authorial justice to her like a Super Smash Bros. Ness' meteor shower.  It would be hella sweet.

But I don't have clearance.

Knowing the Flipper is a useless twink, I stride to him first.  He looks understandably dismal after being abandoned by Kendall, a moodiness I don't allow when I demand he get up.

He eyes me, annoyed and not having it.  "I like the ground, thanks."

An oncoming bee is vaporized with a snap of my fingers.  "You like dying?  Because that's what you're coming to."

Strengthening Flipper's plot armor for a second, I turn my eyes to Farida, who's decided to go full Goth Succubus mode and I, well, listen, as a writer I don't consider it entirely appropriate to make my characters suit my preferences, I prefer them be themselves, but Farida is a woman, and women are hot, and Farida is ... hi.

The room sinks into momentary darkness as she gathers power, form shifting from that of a dark, beach-waves woman in a sundress to a queen of hell, jaw-unhinged, eyes ablaze with cold white fire, fingers long with talons, every joint in her body too big for tautening skin.  She's taken a protective stance before Alex and Brittany, and it is to my glee that I watch her take to slaughter, talons raking clean through metallic bees, darkness sucking them in towards her, impossible to escape.  I love a good murder.  

I look back at the Flipper and jerk a thumb towards Farida.  "Awesome, yeah?"

He just gapes.  Unbelievable.

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 Asphodel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 20 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am

- Valerie - 

I catch one, punch another, throw a third into the wall. And yet, they just keep buzzing towards us. I grit my teeth, because I’m going to fight my way through all of them if I can — 

But that’s the same kind of thinking that got me pounded by Arabella. I duck under a wasp’s stinger, trying to assess the situation. More just keep coming. We’re going to get too overwhelmed if we don’t put a stop to it somehow, and in order to do that . . . 

“We need to get Hommel!” I shout at Vincent. 

- Lance - 

“Oh god, I hope not,” I say. “Maybe they’re just . . . somewhere outside?”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum