FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 3:17 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 1:49 am by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 3:04 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

August 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Adrian on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:14 pm

@Comrade Squid wrote:"But I am saving you a lot of trouble," Hommel explained. "You don't have to live and suffer and die anymore after today. Why not rest?"

The bees on the ceiling gradually began crawling downwards, clicking their mandibles in a threatening manner.

Vincent

Hearing the mandibles snapping above us, I racked my brain trying to figure out how to take Hommel down. What we needed now is time.

"What exactly is your end game here, dude? If you haven't guessed, most of the world is already suffering because of you."

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:04 pm

- Lance -

“Nice, Annie!” But we’ll need more than defense. We need to find a way to get these bastards down as well. I look at the people around me. I’m still unfamiliar with the majority of these students, but Annie’s smart, so I defer to her. “Can you think of anyone particularly suited to attacking these things?”

- Valerie -

“Vincent’s right,” I pipe up. “If lack of human suffering was your goal, it’s kinda backfiring.”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Annie looked around the room, and only one person came to her mind immediately.
"Lucille, if she had a gun. Do we have any guns?"

---

"This suffering is temporary," Hommel explained. "By the time the sun sets, only ten percent of the human race will remain. By the time it rises the next morning, there will be no one left to suffer. The earth will be..." He smirked, as his eyes widened even further. "...truly harmonious."

The two soldier bees at his side started to click their mandibles threatening. Hommel addressed them again.
"Would you two like to stop suffering?"

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:36 pm

- Lance - 

I shrug helplessly. “I sure hope she does.”

- Valerie - 

I make a face. “I can’t think of worse suffering than having wasps infect the earth.” I may be immune, but . . . Eugh. They’re disgusting.

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:19 pm

@WritingBookworm wrote:- Lance - 

I shrug helplessly. “I sure hope she does.”

- Valerie - 

I make a face. “I can’t think of worse suffering than having wasps infect the earth.” I may be immune, but . . . Eugh. They’re disgusting.

Vincent

I shuddered at the thought of wasps covering the planet, but kept my composure and allowed myself to levitate a bit off of the ground. There wasn't any more time to stall - not as long as Hommel was still standing.

"It's over, Professor," I declared. "Despite all of your little friends, you're hopelessly outnumbered."

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:56 pm

"Is that so?"
Hommel's tone was not threatening in the least- it was serene, tranquil, almost sanguine. His eyes, distant and unfocused, became even more so as his sense of peace elevated him do a drugged, trance-like state. He closed his eyes...

...and the Myrmidons descended on the pair, charging downwards in a flurry of chitinous wings and snapping mandibles.

---

As the thunderous battle between Slade and the giga-wasp grew more and more distant, Annie became aware of an absence. Two, as a matter of fact.
She looked around, trying to find them.
"...has anyone seen Vincent or Valerie?" She asked aloud to anyone, but mainly Lance.

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:51 pm

- Valerie -

I immediately duck under one of the Myrmidons, tearing the wings out of it. One down, several to go.

- Lance -

"Vincent? He's the guy with the beanie, right?" I'm definitely not seeing any beanies anywhere. Nor Valerie, who I think is also blonde. "Oh man, I'm not seeing them anywhere."

- Caroline -

I need to help. I've got to help. I pop off shots at one of the bees, but the bullets just slide off of it, like the bee was made of titanium. Narrowly avoiding the rampage of that one, I try my hand at shooting a different one -- and this time, I actually fell it.

I turn around, searching for my next quarry. There's a wasp at the corner of the room. I line it up in my sights, finger itching toward the trigger--

Only for someone else to get to it before me. A grappling hook pierces its side, making it screech as it tears the flesh off. The bee goes down long enough for my father to sink his knife into its body.

Dad's eyes find mine two seconds afterwards. He stills, a smile breaking across his face. Then he runs toward me, taking my hand instead of giving me a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay," he says, out of breath. "Let's get you out of here."

"Out of here?" I dig my heels into the floor, and I twist my wrist out of his grip. "But I have to help."

"Help them? Why would you help the ones who kidnapped you?"

Angry heat rises to my cheeks. "Maybe because they didn't--"

"Maybe because we didn't kidnap her," I hear a gravelly voice say. Both Dad and I turn around, and I see Nightwatcher there, knives drawn.

A look of regret flashes across Dad's eyes. "Russell . . ."

"Hello, Anthony," Nightwatcher says shortly.

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:33 pm

~Vincent~

A flood of Myrmidons dive-bombed me, and I rolled out of the way to barely avoid meeting their stingers. As they adjusted their trajectory, I whipped my hand through the air, sending several of them smashing into the dirt walls.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:33 pm

~ Loretta ~
The bees never seem to slow, and all i’m doing is being a sitting duck. A stupid sitting duck. I will myself not to gag and head for a nearby corpse. On it is two guns, both of which I pilfer quickly so I can leave it alone. I click the safety on the handgun and shove it into my shoe, while taking the larger one up into my arms to aim at some of the bees buzzing nearby. My finger quivers on the trigger. I can’t do it. What if I miss? I’m already a murderer. I—

I blow the brains out of a bee that tested its luck and flew towards me. Fuck. That’s so gross

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 19 15qxdsl_th

Fix-It
Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

https://lesbianfroggy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Some of the bees that attacked Vincent and Valerie were killed, but more quickly arrived to take their places.

---

Lucas had been distracted by the mounting chaos when the sound of the gunshot next to him made him jump a mile.
"OH BLOODY HE-" He stopped when he realized what the source of the sound was, and saw the dead insect on the ground. "Uhhh... nice shot, Lor," he said uneasily.

---

Annie was starting to panic internally. Well, more so than before. "I... I didn't see them go. Why didn't I see them go?" The self-loathing was making a comeback. Calm down, Annie. You can chastise yourself for not paying attention when all this is over.

"Do you think they got... taken?" She asked Lance, worry evident in her voice.

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum