FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Adrian on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Vincent

"I'll have to make it work," I muttered, glancing at the shape of Daikaiju. Slade. Of course, when all hell is breaking loose, he appears. The last thing I wanted was for me and Valerie to be around him when he was doing what he did best.

Quickly, I grabbed Valerie's hand, and together we slipped through time and space, instantaneously reappearing inside the hole in the ground.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 18 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Adrian on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:00 pm

(double posting because I can)

meanwhile in...
SNOWDONIA NATIONAL PARK, WALES
Underground Quarters of the Black Rock Coven

"This is bloody insane."

Sequestered underground in an enchanted, warded bunker deep within the pines of the forest was one of the last secret covens in the United Kingdom. In one of the many rooms were the extant members of the Rhydderch family - that is, the ones that weren't currently in America.

At the moment, Aeron Rhydderch was pacing back and forth in anxious fervor. On his shoulder was his familiar, Juventa the chameleon, perturbed by the constant motion. "Of course this would happen. When the three most vulnerable members of our family are overseas. Now we can't even get to them. Are you sure you can't make contact with Macsen?"

Standing before the large family were four of the five members of the Black Rock Council. One of them, Eleanor MacDermott (Fourth of the Council), shook her head silently at Aeron's hopeful inquiry.

"My connection can span across thousands of miles. There's... some sort of interference."

"Or he's blocking you out." Gwenyth Rhydderch sat down on a fine leather chair. Diego, her cat familiar, instantly took the opportunity to jump onto her lap, quickly dozing off. The dirty look from Gwenyth's mother, Catrin, caused the young witch to fold her arms in self-defense. "What? He's a vampire. Their brains work differently. Everyone knows that."

"Whatever is the case, there is nothing that can be done now." Ryan Kang (Third of the Council) straightened himself, clasping his hands together in solemnity. "It would be far too risky to travel outside, even for our own kind. I strongly suspect this is no ordinary swarm."

"Why did Maldwyn even go to America anyways?" Steffan Rhydderch twirled the talisman on his necklace in contemplation. "I mean, I knew he was always a weird cousin, but... you don't think he was worried about Fianna-"

"The nature of Macsen's task is only for the Council to know, dear boy." Amelia Darrow (Second of the Council), always an imposing and quite frankly terrifying figure, cut into Steffan's thoughts. Amelia always creeped Aeron out. "Petros, are all of the coven's members accounted for?"

Petros Nazarian (Fifth of the Council) nodded in affirmation. He held up three fingers, signing, Aside from the obvious absentees. He took a seat near the large hearth, staring into the flames and continuing to make intricate gestures. After a few moments, he shook his head. Impossible to dowse Macsen's location.

"Bizarre," Amelia muttered. "If I had some cow's blood, perhaps I could attempt a summoning spell. No matter. Surely wherever they are, it's more dangerous than here. Perhaps they're already dead."

"Amelia!" Emrys Rhydderch stood up instantly. "I will not have you speaking that way about my family! My wife is frayed enough as it is."

"Oh, what? Speaking logically?" Amelia waved her hand, turning towards the door. "I've no time for your sensitivities. I need to check on the wards and sigils at the east entrance."

"I'll keep trying to contact Macsen, Mr. Rhydderch." Eleanor rubbed her forehead. "But you all must get some rest. Please."

"Don't strain yourself, love. You only get one noggin." Grigor waved to Eleanor as the Council exited the Rhydderch's chambers. Aeron was too lost in thought to even notice their absence. This wasn't the first time the family was forced to take cover, but it was the first time without his siblings and uncle. Plus, all three of them were cursed - and he had failed to protect them. Mother and father constantly told him it wasn't his charge, to help balance their curses, but after his falling out with Maldwyn, and after Fianna left for New Hampshire, Aeron was second-guessing those words.

Would it be his fault if they got hurt?

Would it be his fault if they died?

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:39 am

~Riada~

“I don’t know how we can all get out of here,” Adair says from beside me as we try to make our way through the chapel, “There are so many of these things-“

He suddenly cuts off and I immediately start to panic, thinking that another wasp had our powers and took him again. I grab onto his shoulder but he isn’t being controlled, he’s afraid.

He points out of the building, face pale, and I look out trying to find what he spotted. There was a pile of bees and I tilted my head in confusion before they all caught fire. Daikaiju followed soon after and I stumbled back in shock.

“Why the hell is he here?” I say and Adair just shakes his head. I look around, wondering if anyone else is freaking out over this, but then I spot Empathy near the monster, “Is he...here to help us?”

Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:23 pm

A chill ran down Annie's spine when she looked outside the building and saw the horrifying frame of Daikaiju.
Of all times... why is HE here? Do they expect him to help?

---

It took a moment for Slade to "settle in" to his new body. While this wasn't even close to the longest he'd gone without transforming, it had still been a while and the suddenness of the situation caused him to emerge a bit woozy. He didn't have time for woozy, though- not when his waspelganger was attempting to penetrate his psychic shield. His piercing red eyes met its soulless black ones before he charged the enemy beast, closing the distance in seconds before grabbing its twitching antennae and ripping them off its head without much trouble.
That was... easier than expected.

His opponent let out a piercing screech the moment it had lost its antennae, writhing and twitching fervently as it stepped away. Daikaiju tromped closer to finish the job but seemed to let down his guard, and the enormous insect took advantage of his weakness, despite its damaged state, to pounce him with surprising ferocity and topple the beast, climbing onto his armored body and starting to rend his scales with its tremendous mandibles. More Myrmidons swooped down from the sky to assist, neither undeterred nor tranquilized by the smoke billowing off of Slade's body, to latch onto him and begin stinging him relentlessly.

The wasps surrounding the church suddenly began to rapidly close in, assaulting the building from every angle to attack the supers within.

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:48 pm

Octarine

Boy, you guys really got us into some shit now.

(Hey, this is all in Writing and Squid's hands, don't look at me)

Yeah, sure, whatever. I'll just let Daikaiju do his thing while I-

Wait. Slade?! Why the fuck did they let him out? Do they think he'll even be in control?

Marcus

"They're closing in. Why are they closing in? Stop making them close in!" I demanded to nobody in particular.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:34 pm

- Valerie - 

I never thought I’d be so disgusted by honey, but here we are. Vincent teleports us into a chamber reeking of the stuff so strongly that I gag on it. The sticky substance drips from the walls and floods the floor, already tarnishing my nice pair of flats. 

Focus. Releasing the plug on my nose, I look up at the walls, which, on second thought, can’t really be called walls. Vincent and I are enclosed in one huge beehive.  There are several tunnels entrances — all of which, based on all of the bees that emerged from underground, are tunnels that lead to the chapel above ground — around us, one tunnel bigger than all the rest. And then there, in the middle of the room . . . is a throne.

- Lance - 

And now the bees are swooping in. I try to think of something at all that can defend us— “Annie! What kind of barriers can you make?”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:08 pm

Annie glanced outside. Fire had begun to erupt from Daikaiju's maw, engulfing the little bees in flames. It was all so similar to Christmas.
"Oh gosh, I- I don't know," she replied to Lance. "I can't think right now, my head hurts. Uh, maybe a dome of some kind? That would keep them out."

---

Light from one of the tunnels above shone down on the the 'throne'- a large mound of dirt and empty honeycomb fashioned into a chair-like shape, upon which Hommel sat, eyes staring as if he was in some kind of trance. Two very large Myrmidons stood on each side of him. However, dazed as Hommel looked, his head slowly turned to look at Vincent and Valerie, and almost seemed as if he was staring right through them.
"Why have you come?" He inquired in a voice that was both his and yet not his alone. "Did you want to see the beginning at its nucleus?"

Above them, a rattling noise started as what must have been hundreds of bees began to emerge from the holes in the ever spiraling ceiling, wings crinkling and buzzing as they gazed down menacingly at the intruders.

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:28 pm

@Comrade Squid wrote:Annie glanced outside. Fire had begun to erupt from Daikaiju's maw, engulfing the little bees in flames. It was all so similar to Christmas.
"Oh gosh, I- I don't know," she replied to Lance. "I can't think right now, my head hurts. Uh, maybe a dome of some kind? That would keep them out."

---

Light from one of the tunnels above shone down on the the 'throne'- a large mound of dirt and empty honeycomb fashioned into a chair-like shape, upon which Hommel sat, eyes staring as if he was in some kind of trance. Two very large Myrmidons stood on each side of him. However, dazed as Hommel looked, his head slowly turned to look at Vincent and Valerie, and almost seemed as if he was staring right through them.
"Why have you come?" He inquired in a voice that was both his and yet not his alone. "Did you want to see the beginning at its nucleus?"

Above them, a rattling noise started as what must have been hundreds of bees began to emerge from the holes in the ever spiraling ceiling, wings crinkling and buzzing as they gazed down menacingly at the intruders.

Vincent

I looked above somewhat nervously at the encroaching insects, before returning my attention to Hommel. "I think you know why we're here. Professor."

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 pm

- Valerie - 

I stop myself from asking Vincent to teleport us right back out, instead smiling at Hommel. “It’s to kick your ass. Unless, of course, you’d to call this all off, which would save all of us a lot of trouble.”

- Lance - 

“Then do it!” I don’t see what has her so distracted —

Until I see what she’s looking at. That monstrous, scaled thing . . . that’s Slade, isn’t it? And he and Annie shared a painful history. 

“Then do it,” I say again. “Focus.”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:51 pm

"But I am saving you a lot of trouble," Hommel explained. "You don't have to live and suffer and die anymore after today. Why not rest?"

The bees on the ceiling gradually began crawling downwards, clicking their mandibles in a threatening manner.

---

"Alright!" Annie shouted, sounding somewhat angry but thankful she had Lance to snap her into action. She knelt down and began creating a half-sphere like structure around the group, the crystalline material rising from the ground and weaving itself together in a protective form.

Outside, Dakaiju finally managed to throw the enormous Myrmidon off of himself after suffering some damage to his throat plating. He barraged it with another stream of fire from his mouth, the flames striking the creature's face and prompting it to jump backwards but not actually harming.

Both monsters had moved a safe distance away from the hole, leaving it unguarded with the exception of a few regular-sized Myrmidons.

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum