FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed May 29, 2019 3:54 pm

"They better not!"
Starting to panic slightly, Annie created more crystalline material, this time creating a birdcage like structure around the metallic wasp. While it was not dead, it was incapable of causing further harm, and thrashed helplessly in its confinement.

Octarine's spray quickly subdued many of the Myrmidons within the room, but one entered that was unaffected by the poison. Red compound eyes, a proboscis-like mouth, and tufts of mangy black fur around its body gave it the impression of a wasp crossbred with a house fly, but the most interesting aspect of it was its translucent abdomen, which appeared to be filled with sloshing green liquid. Vile-looking even in comparison to its comrades, it began to spray the green liquid from a tubular orifice where its stinger would be, coating the floor in its corrosive venom.

Eric had subdued his attacker by this point and approached the first authority figure he saw, which happened to be Nightwatcher.
"We're not equipped to deal with this shit!" He shouted, clearly angry. "We need to contact the ISO now!"

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed May 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Empathy ignored Maldwyn’s tone — he’d heard far worse. “Thank you,” he said with a nod, then ran outside, looking up to the sky and watching out for Hommel. The Martial was close behind, calling out for the students to follow her.

“For once,” Nightwatcher said, “I actually agree with you.”

He unhooked a radio from his belt and turned it on. “Nightwatcher to ISO, over!”

He was met with shouts, screaming, and bursts of gunfire. He froze, then tried a more direct line to the Director herself. “Nightwatcher to Waller!”

It was a second before she responded. “Are you seeing this? Where are you and the Guardians?”

“We’re a little busy dealing with Hommel’s little army of wasps.” Nightwatcher turned and stabbed another wasp as soon as it got too close to him. “Backup would be immensely appreciated right now!”

“Might I say the same to you?” Waller said. “They’re everywhere. London, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Beijing, Moscow — everywhere. Every single ISO agent has already been deployed elsewhere.” She sighed. “I’ll try to send help as soon as I can, but I can’t see that help becoming available anytime soon.”

Well, wasn’t that wonderful?

“In the meantime, go after Hommel,” she said, sounding calm and collected even now. “If he’s the mastermind behind this whole mess, killing him may put a stop to everything.”

“Roger that!”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed May 29, 2019 4:53 pm

NAPLES, ITALY
Headquarters of the Crystal Sun

"Well, this is a disaster," Surya muttered, looking out the window. Outside, vespid creatures raced back and forth, terrorizing the weak-willed mortals that were unfortunate enough to be traveling. "I was not counting on a wasp attack."

"Cazzo!" Tona stomped down the hall, fists clenched. "Leave it to that pendejo to ruin everything."

Amaterasu, always a figure of grace and quietude, held out her hand. "Calm yourself, Tonatiuh. This is but a minor set back for us. We must leave this to the ISO - preservation of our own numbers is key if this plan is to work."

"And if Silverwave gets bumped off in the process, the better." Shamash leaned against the reinforced window. "Makes our task much easier, doesn't it."

The Four Crystal Archons watched as Florence suffered at the hands of the Hivemind; in the safety of their base, there was no need to intervene. Soon, Kharnith would rise once more and bring salvation to this dark and ignorant world.

Vincent

"Valerie, watch out!" I lifted Valerie off of the ground as a corrosive venom covered the floor, missing her by mere inches. Off to the side, I watched as Nandi created several platforms of divine energy leading towards the exit.

"Climb on!" He shouted, holy energy emanating from his skin. Pierce scrambled onto a platform, still hurling dinner plates at some of the wasps.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed May 29, 2019 5:03 pm

- Valerie -

I yelp when my feet suddenly rise from the ground — and for good reason. A foul-smelling, acidic liquid seeps over the floor, pooling right over where my feet just were.

I turn my head to see Vincent’s face. “Thanks,” I say breathlessly. “Let’s get out of here.”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed May 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Thanatos

It kills him to wait.  He hears the noise, the crackling chaos of the insect maelstrom swallowing the church, and with every burst of wanton energy--superhumans unleashing--he winds ever tighter.

He searches for a heartbeat, anything steady in him at all to hold onto.  He needs to wait.  He needs to wait, he needs to wait, he needs to wait, heneedstowait he needs to let the students be distracted, let them take injury, let all in the hall forget all else but the horde.  But oh god how he aches to move.

"Please," he mutters into his mic, teeth gritted.  His hands are fists.  His eyes are locked on the imploding hall.  

"Wait," comes the reply.  Harsh.  Unyielding.  Cruel.

"Now," he says.

"No."

"Please.  I can do it."  He thinks maybe he can see her, an outline unmoving amidst the flurry.  What is she waiting for?  Him?  No.  She's never anticipated him, she doesn't care where he goes, his existence has been much like an ant always and forever to her.  How disgusting it was that so much of him could be bent to her orbit while she turned a blind eye to his passings.  As always.  As before.

I could stop, he thinks.  She's unkillable.  I can't end her any more than I can the sun, so she doesn't matter.

But this bloodlust was the only sure thing he'd woken with, and it grinds him to agonized shards.  This was it.  Maybe with her end, it would all stop.  Maybe he'd be over, finally and utterly.

"Please," he says again.

A quiet beep sounds in his ear.  Admission.

He parts from the shadows beneath the trees in a mad dash, a sprinter unleashed at gunshot.  Skidding away from the main hall, he bats aside oversized wasps to leap the ditch down to the ground floor, the reception hall.  Most of the windows are broken. His breath catches in his lungs as he sees her standing, watching.  His chest stills.

Oh, the peace he would've felt to know his heart still beat.

1 ... The brick wall scrapes his palms as he vaults it.

2 ... A single unbroken window catches the light.

3.  He smashes through the glass, shoulder first, rolling to his feet the second he touches the floor.  Children fight their nightmares around him.  The buzzing sends his ears aching.  He finds the nearest table, picks it up, and pivots firmly, throwing it at Lightbringer.

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 Asphodel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Wed May 29, 2019 7:29 pm

~ Loretta ~
"Right. Thanks!" I take up the knife and crash into another bee, stabbing through it with the knife. Around me, I notice some of the other insects have taken up... uh... superpowers? I mentally prepare myself for a super speed bee, but as far as I can tell, there is none. That's for the best.

~ Alex ~
"I- I can't! I al-already used it today! I don't know!"

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 15qxdsl_th

Fix-It
Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

https://lesbianfroggy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed May 29, 2019 7:37 pm

~Riada~

"Come on," I whine as the new bug comes into the room. Adair is thinking much faster than I am right now and manages to pull the two of us into a shard of broken glass by our feet. I can feel the strain as he tries to pull the two of us through, managing to get us out of the mirror I dropped towards the other side of the room.

I look back to where that bug had been and my eyes widen when I see the melting floor, "What the hell are these things..."

"I don't know," Adair tells me. We're closer to some of the others now, and we can finally hear some of the teachers. I can see his face pale at the realization that this was a much bigger problem than we all thought it was.

Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 pm

Me

I ignore the sudden crash of glass. The me that was with Kendall vanishes. It's just me now. Are we actually expected to fight all of these critters? All of them?

I duck beneath a speeding offender, watching with wide eyes as it skitters and turns back. Nearby, Octarine has turned herself into an entire can of Raid. First off, what the fuck, Oct. Second, stellar move. Love it.

A green mage's circle flares beneath my feet, expanding like a gasp as it flares crimson, symbols swirling. My fingers coat in gelatinous red, an aesthetic ended as soon as I hurl a glob of flaming magic at the incoming hornet. It's consumed in an instant, seizing its joints and melting its body to goop. The carcass slides to my feet, hissing in a grody fashion.

Well. That's enough from me.

The Flipper

Dodging these bee fuckers--easy. No one's faster or sneaker than he. He swats a wasp away and flips it off with frighteningly perfect precision, victorious.

He's half a mind to duck through a window and leave these bastards behind. And he would have too, had it not been for the big fat bee bitch coming to hover before him, stinger longer than his arm and needle-pricked.

"Where you goin', baby?" he laughs at it. He saw it drag itself to him. He can leave easy. He pushes off on his heel to run past it.

It keeps pace. Perfect pace. It's perfectly parallel to him too, tracking as if he'd never moved at all.

He laughs again. A bead of sweat trickles down his back. "Don't be difficult now," he warns, and backs up a step. It moves forward in perfect synchrony. He skips to the side. It stays even. He reverses and leaps a table. It whizzes after him, never more than two feet behind. He takes a chair and his hands and throws it, angle-perfect, back at the bee. It side-flies it. The chair crashes into a table behind it, toppling into the acidic floor.

"Uh, guys?" His heart beats hard. That stinger looks sharp. "Guys," he calls louder, knowing full well no one has any fucking clue who he is. "Help. Help!"

Farida

"It's happening again," August sobbed, pale and trembling. "It's happening again."

Oh, her weak-willed, weak-bodied mortal lover. To think that they would find this frightening, they who knew her hell-birthed and hell-bound. Did they think she had not seen worse? Why were they frightened if she were there?

"This is fine," she said, and blinded another offending wasp. "You will survive this."

She knelt down to take August into her arms, pulling them out of their wheelchair and up to her chest so they could sit higher, straighter. A loud buzzing harassed her left ear. She turned her head to see another wasp swaying near. With a squint of her eyes, she broke its carapace into strips. These were pathetically mortal inventions. No child of the Horned King would crumble so easily before her powers.

A bridle carry was in order. August was like soft cheese in her arms. "There, there," she said very soothingly. "They're hardly bugs. They are more like children, truly. Unruly, unruly children."

"The students," August hissed. "Forget me, get the kids."

She frowned at them. "You can't walk."

The look they gave her was answer enough. "Fine!" she cried, face reddening. She put them back into their wheelchair, fury sending a small collection of insects near her into a blind tizzy. "Arrogant weasel! My forewhores would twist your knees into knots!"

Her attention fixated on the squalling babies foolishly fighting their deaths. There was no time for a proper introduction of course, not that a succubus like her could really ever be adequately described. She sighed. She hated children.

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II - Page 11 Asphodel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed May 29, 2019 8:29 pm

Outside, a darkness had been cast on the land. While daylight still lasted, the sun's rays had been blotted out as a massive dark cloud rose from the ground to cover the sky, like a vicious tornado of dark shapes that dispersed in every direction at the cloud layer to spread chaos. Myrmidons buzzed around left and right closer to the ground, likely patrolling to stop anyone who managed to escape the chapel. The landscape was scattered with mounds of disturbed earth, marking where the chitinous demons had emerged from their underground hives.

---

"What?!" Britney cried out, utterly baffled. "When did you use it? You didn't actually do it when I asked earlier, did you?!" Her countenance started to falter quick, and it wasn't long before tears had started to stream down her face.

Eric's jaw dropped as he overheard the radio.
"You mean it's... not just us? It's everywhere?" He paused, trying to take in the revelation. It's never been this big before. How are we supposed to deal with this? "What's that damn fool Hommel playing at, anyway? How does the ISO expect us to just go after him anyway?! We're only students!"
He ducked as a stream of acid flew over his head, courtesy of the toxic wasp.

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed May 29, 2019 8:58 pm

~Adair~

"We've gotta get everyone out of here," Riada mutters from beside me. Just as he says it, however, a wave of bees appear outside. I shudder and he curses, tensing where I'm still keeping him upright, "Dammit, there's so many of them."

I go to respond but pause as I hear a faint buzzing. This wouldn't have concerned me with the number of wasps around us, but the fact that it was so quiet in the back of my mind made me panic.

I push Riada away from me, not wanting him so close if a wasp was manipulating me. I ready myself for whatever pain my brother felt from the last wasp, but after a moment I find I can't even move my body.

~Riada~

I stumble as Adair pushes me away, catching my balance before whipping my head around. A giant wasp is slowly flying over behind him and I'm about to rush over to it before it and my brother freeze.

Adair's whole body goes limp, like it usually does when we create a stronger link, and then snaps back up to attention. His eyes are glazed over, and as the wasp twitches it's creepy ass arms, Adair's hands twitch at the same time.

"Oh my god, no," I say, shaking my head as I take one step back. The last wasp only used our mind link, but this one was smarter. This wasp had my brother.

The wasp starts to tilt its head, and Adair follows the movement, looking over his own body as the wasp does to its own. As the wasp looks to where its stinger should be, Adair's face morphs into a grimace. Instead his head snaps over to me, the motion jerky and completely unnatural.

"Adair," I start, raising my hands up and trying to keep my voice as calm as I can. I couldn't reach his mind, the wasp had too firm a grasp over it, "Come on, Adair, don't give into this freak."

The wasp starts to fly towards me and Adair moves at the same time, rushing at me with the worst expression on his face. Dammit I had to kill this wasp, I was not about to fight my twin.

Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum