FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II Empty Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Comrade Squid on Sat May 25, 2019 2:41 pm

(Before Time Skip)

"Well that's good," Slade replied, internally breathing a sigh of relief. "Unless 'protection' means a jail cell."

Concerned he was pushing his limit, he asked another question.
"What about my family?"

---

(After Time Skip)

"Yeah, I am."
Annie's eyes caught Lance looking at the group from behind Lucille- possibly even at her specifically.
"...I'm gonna excuse myself for a moment. I'll catch up with you two later."

With that, she broke away from her friends and casually approached the other Lear.
"Hey, how's it going?" she asked in a subdued but friendly tone.

---

Eric wasn't sure whether to nod and smile or to run away screaming. Faced with a dilemma, he chose to do nothing at all, which just made him appear as if his mind had suffered a blue screen of death.
"...uh-huh. Yeah, I guess it is weird. And nice."

He considered trying to speak to Octarine, but no civil question came to his mind.

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Adrian on Sat May 25, 2019 2:44 pm

@Comrade Squid wrote:Eric wasn't sure whether to nod and smile or to run away screaming. Faced with a dilemma, he chose to do nothing at all, which just made him appear as if his mind had suffered a blue screen of death.
"...uh-huh. Yeah, I guess it is weird. And nice."

He considered trying to speak to Octarine, but no civil question came to his mind.

(Hey, Oct?)

Yeah?

(Have you considered-)

No

(-trying to be nicer-)

NO

(...to Eric.)

(Come on. Just smile and say something nice. It doesn't have to be a compliment.)

Octarine

I swallowed my discomfort and gave a tiny smile to Eric. "How have you been since the, um... the mission? I know we haven't talked at all... since... the mission."

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II Empty Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat May 25, 2019 3:16 pm

BTS 

- Lucille -

“They’re at one of the main ISO bases,” I say. “The ISO know they’d be targets for ASDOM, so they’re somewhere secure until they can figure out how to properly relocate them. Not even I know where they’re at, which is probably a good thing.”

ATS

- Lucille -

“Oh, uh . . . okay.” It’s just me and Gretchen, then.

I move down the line, heaping fruit slices, crackers, and soup onto the plate. “So . . . I think I’ve heard the soup’s good.”

- Lance -

It takes me way too long to realize that staring at someone? A girl, especially? Ha, that’s not creepy, not creepy at all. I snap myself out of it, quickly moving to avoid the incoming Annie, but her tone is entirely conversational. 

“Uh, good! Good.” I rub the back of my neck sheepishly. “Just congratulated the men of the hour, but Professor Beckwith went off to deal with something.”

- Valerie -

“Yeah, honestly.” My tapping on the table transitions into a drumming. “One other thing. Are you sure it’d be safe for you to go?”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Sat May 25, 2019 3:20 pm

Ruh Roh

I follow suit, trailing Kendall and Prof. Beckwith. Seeing as how I am but a student, I leave the talking to Mr. BM.

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II Asphodel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat May 25, 2019 3:32 pm

~Riada~

“I really like your name! It’s cool,” I tell Lachtna, nudging him with my elbow.

“I guess I never really thought about our names’ meanings,” Adair says absentmindedly, pushing the bowl back over to me, “They seem a bit ironic now, with our powers.”

Shaybaysasuke
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sat May 25, 2019 4:02 pm

Vincent

I scoffed, attempting to disguise my unease at Valerie's question. She almost sounded like Empathy. "Would it really be safe for any of us to go?"

Tristen

And then there was Gretchen, in the food line. I hadn't spoken much to her since the mission, when she...  well, tried to abandon Slade.

I get where she was coming from, really, I do. But... however much Slade betrayed us, I guess I felt he was still a part of Harwell's Institute? If anything, maybe I wanted to set him straight. Maybe I just didn't want him to be screwed by ASDOM in the end.

Whatever the case, I've felt that ever since, there's been kind of a divide between some of the team members and I. Especially Gretchen. I specifically recall she and I snapping at each other several times.

I didn't want there to be bad blood between us. Especially now that the situation has been resolved. So maybe it's time to swallow my pride and make things right.

"Hi Gretchen!" I greeted my classmate, loading my plate up with some snacks.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sat May 25, 2019 4:13 pm

(Before Time Skip)

Slade sighed audibly and lowered his head again, running his hands through his hair as he experienced a feeling of great relief.
"Thank God..." he murmured, regaining his bearings before looking back up. "I'm grateful. I thought they they might leave them defenseless."

---

(After Time Skip)

"Oh! Nice. I should probably do that sometime."
Annie's eyes darted between Lance and the group she left, before she spoke again in a more hushed voice.

"What happened between you and Lucille?"

---

Eric raised an eyebrow, suspicious.
Why is she acting... normal?
"Alright, I guess," he lied. "What about you?"

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sat May 25, 2019 4:14 pm

"I thank you both for your kind words."

Sam walked the students to his table, where Domhnall suddenly stood up at the sight of Kendall.

"Mr. Martin, this is Mx. Anderson and Mr. Nolan. They are two of my students. Were they the ones you saw at the punchbowl?"

A nod. "Yessir."

"Excellent. Now," The Professor turned his full attention to booze!Tor and Kendall, "does anyone have anything they'd like to tell me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lachtna looked a bit bashful. "Thanks." 

"Ironic?" Fiachra asked, before taking a spoonful between words, "How so exactly?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

All she could think was, Well, that's odd.

Not that Tristen herself was odd, but the act of her speaking to Gretchen was a shock. They weren't very friendly before the mission fiasco, there was no reason for them to start talking now.

"Hey, you!" she decided to respond with, while trying to decide whether to get soup or salad. With an equal amount of pep, she added, "What's going on?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat May 25, 2019 4:32 pm

BTS

- Lucille -

I stare at Slade, honestly confused. “Why? Did you think the ISO would just leave them to the wolves?”

- Kendall -

I want to say hi to Domhnall, but I figure now’s not an appropriate time for that. I side-eye Tor — what? They’re the one with the vodka!

- Lance -

I try to laugh it off. “What are you talking about? Luc and I haven’t . . .” Aaaaand I don’t think I can convince her, can I? Annie doesn’t look like someone who can be easily fooled. “We got into a fight. A big one. I said something stupid and now she won’t talk to me. I’m surprised she didn’t tell you.”

- Valerie -

“Well, no,” I concede. “But you’re different. You’ve been targeted before. I just . . .” I sigh, not sure how gentle to be about this. “Look, I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sat May 25, 2019 5:12 pm

(Before Time Skip)

"Honestly? I didn't really think they would. But the thought crossed my mind, and when you're dealing with something like this, it's impossible to shake the feeling of the worst happening."

---

(After Time Skip)

Annie glanced back over at the group- Gretchen seemed to be taken up with oddly enough, Tristen, and were engrossed in enough conversation that they hadn't noticed Lord Evil (who had not bothered to dress up for the wedding aside from adding a bow-tie to his ridiculous super villain costume) covertly spiking the soup with chili powder. She hoped they wouldn't notice her, for fear they'd think she'd abandoned them for Lance.

"She doesn't tell us much about you," Annie explained, turning her attention back to Lucille's sibling. "I don't think she even told us you existed until after we'd fought together. And even then, she didn't say much."

She glanced back at Lucille and felt a pang of jealousy. You get your brother back from the dead and you fight with him? Why would you waste such a gift?
She stopped, not wanting to follow that line of thought. "I'm sure whatever you said wasn't that bad. This isn't an easy time for her."

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum