FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptyToday at 12:20 am by Lady Senbonzakura

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 12:25 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 5:46 pm by boyhoy

» Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels)
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2019 1:16 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 9:51 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 3:19 pm by Adrian

July 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels)

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 Empty Re: Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels)

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 am

Selvyn

He’s edging closer. Is that a threat? Or--no. Not him. He wouldn’t. He’d never. He’d--

Perhaps it is resignation that frees him from fear. He will not hope, will not think, only observe. “That depends.” He swallows the marbles in his throat. “Do you want it to be?”

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 Asphodel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels) - Page 6 Empty Re: Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels)

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:52 am

Chase: “Yes.” It’s more of an instinct than anything, the way your hand lifts itself when it touches a hot stove. A defense mechanism that circumvents the brain to avoid further harm, because once the brain gets involved everything goes to shit. Unfortunately for me, the brain is given the chance to catch up in the seconds following my response.

Before him or now, I could easily crush what was stirring inside of me, because I could always distinguish the singular lone emotion that needed to be quelled:  desire. A very specific desire. It’s there now, but it’s not alone. Because I know Selvyn. He has put his neck on the line for his sister, for Dove, and for me. So no matter what my Hate snatches at, it can never fully encompass whatever is just continuing to expand inside of me.

“I don’t know,” I offer before looking at the ground. “No. That’s not what I want.”

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:53 am

Selvyn

This is where I realized Selvyn's a horny boy

“What do you want?”  If Selvyn pushes him too hard, he knows he’ll lose him for sure.  If this is a dance, the only way it’ll move at all is by Chase’s lead.  Selvyn already knows what he wants.  Chase doesn’t.  Or maybe he does.  

The aching fear ebbs now.  Selvyn could’ve lost him as soon as he opened his mouth.  He could have died earlier today, or tonight, but he didn’t.  Maybe he won’t.  Or maybe he still will, tomorrow or the next day.  But he has this moment for as long as it extends, he could be doing something with it.  

“I don’t want to push you, I’m not going to pressure you, and I don’t want to make you uncomfortable.”  Selvyn closes his eyes, taking a moment to appease his rapid heartbeat.  “This is--it’s your move, Chase.  But I’m not … I’m not opposed to anything.”

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:54 am

Chase: Anything. That’s too broad, damn it, just give me an answer. But he won’t, he never will. He wants me to give it. His eyelashes draw together as his eyes closed, and even in the relative darkness I can see how long they are, how they come together so easily, so simply. Would holding his hand feel the same way? Or if I - no no, damn, it no - I’ve never felt that before, I don’t know, and I also haven’t - skies, fuck-

I take the last few steps to stand in front of him, but when I reach it I immediately squat down. Moonlight reflects over the curves of his cheeks. This close to him, any hesitation from before is gone. I’ve come this far. I need to. So I do. My fingers are rigid and glued to one another, but I still raise my right hand and feel the fire burning beneath his skin when I touch his face.

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am

Selvyn

For a moment, Selvyn thinks Chase has fallen, like the stress of the days before this had stacked too high and now this was the breaking point for the Head Inquisitor. Selvyn is ready to catch him. But no, Chase is merely squatting before him at a height easier to match their eyes, and this is close enough that Selvyn begins to fear a next move. This is dangerous now. They’ve both come too far to meet in the middle to pretend they’d taken a wrong turn.
Perhaps he’d been too far in the habit of waiting for someone else to make a move; it’s a simple touch, but one that breaks his heart and mends it at the same time. Selvyn leans into it. Chase’s fingers are long and thin and a little rough on the pads and underneath his knuckles. He’s shaking.

This is too much for you, you don’t deserve to feel this hurt. Selvyn thinks of calm, and ease, of peace in silence and safety in the assurance of held tongues. It’s all that he can offer, given that though he lingers closer to Chase’s lips, he dares not meet them. Selvyn meets his eyes instead, waiting for permission.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 am

Chase: He’s coming closer. It’s no illusion; he’s leaning forward, staring at me, ready for… for what? My neck is caught stiff and my lips stay sealed shut even as the sensation of his face rubbing slightly against my hand draws up a warm, wet taste at the back of my throat. I glance behind him once, twice, three times, looking for something, anyone, anything to break this. But nothing answers. We are alone. No threat of wirings or cameras hidden in the walls. Just the two of us beneath the lonely star in the sky.

And yet I can’t move. Because if someone is watching, we’re done. We’ll die. And everything that I’ve sacrificed just to still be breathing and touching him will crumble away into nothing. My own words to Dove echo back at me. ”Surviving is a sacrifice, but it’s still living. Forgetting a part of yourself is much better than dying with all of it.”

I sacrificed everything to get here. Yet I still could have bled out on the steps of the Keep regardless.

For today, at least, I’m done making sacrifices.

I slam my eyes shut, but somehow when I lunge forward I still manage to find his lips.

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 am

Selvyn

The jarr of Chase’s lips against his is, well, not what he expected. But he’s okay with that. It doesn’t matter. Chase is here, and Selvyn never expected he would be. There is peace now he can find if the whole of Aspernor scours the earth for him and he suffers for this sin. He got what he wanted and it feels nice, even if it’s clumsy. He slides a hand into the Head Inquisitor’s hair to kiss him again.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm

(Ignore this~)

Last edited by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:10 pm

- Luke - 

I have a bad feeling about this.

I’d be stupid -- well, stupider than I already am -- if I didn’t. I open the door to the lobby of the run-down apartment complex, the musk of mold heavy in the air. A random Aspernori citizen had come and given me a letter with instructions to come here, find a specific apartment, and tell the woman who answers the door exactly what I did to Chase Spiterwetch. This entire scenario reeks of a trap. The only reason why I agreed to do it is because I deserve to suffer for what I did.

That’s the only thing that can happen, though. I almost feel for the gun tucked in my waistband, but bring my hand up to the railing of the stairs instead. I’ll allow him to make me suffer for what I did, but I’ve drawn the line at several places, such as hurting innocent people. If he does that, then I will fight back. If he tries to capture or kill me, then I will fight back. The Redemption needs me too much.

I climb up the flimsy metal stairs, going up a level before finding a numbered door on the second floor. I take a second look at the paper, making sure this is where I’m supposed to be. Then I take a deep breath and knock on the door.

Just as I was told, a dark-skinned woman answers it. “Hello?”

“Um, hey.” I peer past her shoulder, searching for Chase. He’s got to be in there somewhere, or at least around here. All I can see is a run-down room; a combined kitchen, living room, and kids’ bedroom. I hear the voices of two kids bubbling in the background only for them to be quieted by their father. The situation seems unassuming enough. But I’d be a fool to let my guard down.

I note a window next to a dingy television set. “I don’t know if you know what’s going on, but, uh, I was told to tell you what I did to Chase Spiterwetch.”

The woman frowns. “So tell me.”

“I . . .” Oh skies. I thought this would be the easiest part, but it isn’t. The moment my mind goes back to that day, I can hear Therese’s screams, I smell the hot, metallic smell of Chase’s blood, and I see my hand, making all of it possible with each lash of the whip. “I, I did something terrible.” I rub my eyes before I can start crying. I don’t deserve to cry. “Chase was friends with my sister. Therese. Now, I’m glad he was, because she needed a friend, but back then . . . back then I took advantage of that. I used that to hurt Therese. I hurt my sister by hurting him.” That’s not clear enough. “I whipped him, of my own volition.” I shake my head. “Even for me, that was cruel. It’s one of the worst things I’ve ever done.”

I can’t meet the woman’s eyes. Judging by her silence, it doesn’t sound like she knows what to say, either.

Eventually she steps aside. “Why don’t you come inside?”

My skin prickles. I should go. I should go now. I’ve done everything the paper asked me to do, haven’t I?

But I deserve this.

I cautiously step inside, thanking the woman with a whisper. If I could, I’d be clutching onto my wooden staff for comfort right now. But it’s strapped to my back, and I don’t want to show any signs of a fight. Not yet, that is.

I wish I could say I was surprised when the woman closes the door and locks it behind her.

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
Currently Watching: Titans
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Chase: I began picturing this moment hours after the whipping. Cowering in Praxis’s basement, fighting off the other slaves along with the fatigue of blood loss, this moment kept me alive. Without it, I would have died. And I never stopped thinking about this. Imagining different tactics I could take, different torture methods, different places it would happen. I thought I imagined every potential scenario.

I was wrong. Because here I am, cowering in the dark once again, staring through the cracks of the floorboards as Emily locks the door behind him.

Too similar to the conclusion of our first encounter for my liking, but there are a few key differences. He’s in my country now, and in my house, with no father or army for him to run to. As Emily moves to pull the floorboards away, when I rise I don’t rise in the clothes of a servant, but in the uniform of the Head Inquisitor. As I step from the hole in the ground, I feel the handle of my revolver press up into my leg. And when I stand up straight and stare you down I am taller, stronger, and far more deadly than you will ever be. Even after being bruised, shot, and stabbed, I’m still fucking stronger than you. Do you know how easily I could kill you?

I don’t have to tell Emily and her family to leave. They must be able to feel my Hate from where they’re standing, lashing wild and frantic, matching the imaginary blows I’m landing on his face right now. I don’t give a damn what he feels, so long as it hurts.

I don’t take my eyes off him when I point at the table between us. “Sit.”

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum