FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
« Asphodel » - Page 58 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

« Asphodel »

Page 58 of 59 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Go down

« Asphodel » - Page 58 Empty Re: « Asphodel »

Post by Sal on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:37 pm

@Lady Senbonzakura wrote:November 8th, morning

Aquila assumed the door was unlocked, and was standing at the door waiting to open it. They did not expect her to open it herself, as she was bedridden, so for a few moments, the instinctual thought of "what if she's ignoring me?" dashed across their mind. Then the door clicked, and it startled them enough to almost hesitate entering. However, they quickly nodded and walked in.

For a moment, they didn't meet Sariel's eyes. They looked down at their basket, unsure of what to say, if they were to speak at all. But they were the party avoiding the other, and coming for forgiveness, so it was up to them to start the conversation.

"I bring..scones," Aquila announced, seemingly still having trouble with the new word, "I made them. Iodel bestowed me the recipe, along with knowledge of Elysian cuisine." They swallowed, realizing they were getting off topic, "I bring them for thou to test, if thou wouldst be so kind. I..need to know what foodstuffs are thine preference. But, I mean thee no hurry, if thou art not hungry."

Wondrous, Aquila, thou art rambling.

{ Sariel }

"Scones. . . Thank you, Aquila. That was extremely considerate for you to do that. I'm sure I'd be more than happy to eat whatever you were willing to give me." I speak, closing the door slowly behind me and resting myself up against it.

I leave a bit of silence between us. Not knowing what to say first.

"I'm glad to see you here, safe."

« Asphodel » - Page 58 YSSVP9Y
Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Aquila, November 8th, morning

Aquila did not know Sariel's literal meaning, as their mind swam with any and all possible references each word could carry, but they tried not to focus on it. When it came to communication, when words failed, tone and body language were the next best thing. By her solemn tone, and her slight slump against the door, she meant every word sincerely and wholeheartedly.

"And I thou." They replied. They couldn't help but glance at her arm, half-expecting a scar. A flash of white blood from their memory popped into their mind, and wouldn't leave. 

In attempts to distract themself from it, they lifted the basket up, presenting to Sariel. "Hast thou eaten yet?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:21 pm

On the afternoon of November the 8th

The last twenty-four hours had been incredibly hectic for the Ministry of Homini Affairs, including Pontifex Silas Kessling. It had been his duty to provide counselling to the affected Homini after the attack on Sariel's Bonding ceremony, as well as provide speeches and meet with the Elysian authorities. Just that morning, he had been involved in a lengthy meeting with the Ministry's highest council, and had only just returned to his regular schedule. Sermons were coming, but they could wait- after all, it was also his duty to assist and guide great Homini families of Zion, families that had pledged their all for the glory of Elysians and Elodi.

Families like the Hollises.

As it stood, the losses they'd suffered in the service of their rightful masters were as tragic as they were inspiring, and Silas remained steadfast in his dedication to counselling the remaining Hollis children, those who may have developed doubts about their purpose and society and may stray from the noble path of Bonding. The Bonded of Faidael, Matthew Hollis, seemed to be at particular risk, and so Silas waited in his office for the young man to keep his appointment.

---

On the morning of November the 8th

Warning: Kinda Gross:
Two days prior, Behemoth had to suffer the embarrassment of having a solid meal wrenched from her gullet by a small Homini. That same day, she had been denied several morsels that would have been easy for her to capture and consume. While she did not hold any ill feelings towards Lucianus for this- after all, he must have had his reasons- she still felt pangs of hurt, a sense of nagging emptiness that plagued her psyche following her departure of the cabin. Worse still, she had not encountered any hapless travelers on her return journey, and was forced to finish the day's hunt with only three mountain goats and an injured stag in addition to the two corpses that Lucianus had graciously provided her with.

Naturally, after such an upsetting day, she deserved to treat herself. And so she did, laying on her back in the soft slime of the marshes outside her lair, basking in the light as she idly splashed her arm in the bank of the babbling river to her right. Despite the oncoming winter, the swamp had still trapped a festering heat within its borders, and while the moisture felt good on her soft skin- likely a remaining influence of her Neurovore biology- the beating sun was still an annoyance. To mitigate its harsh effects, two of her devoted worshipers stood on either side of her, each waving a branch of a broad-leaved palm plant towards her face to cool her off. A third cultist stood near the south end of her titanic body, where he was engaged in the... somewhat unusual process of vigorously licking the underside of her foot.

Behemoth didn't seem to mind the attention. She had entered a tranquil state, enjoying the leisure provided to her, and her mind began to wander. Comfort and luxury were rare things, it would seem, among the memories of those she had eaten, bu this made perfect sense; after all, they weren't goddesses. Why would they enjoy the privileges she did? It was hardly worth thinking about, they were gone and didn't matter at all. Something brushed past her hand- with a swift motion that sent waves crashing, she had snatched a river bass. Idly, she raised the head of the flailing fish to her lips and bit its head off. The creature was far too dumb to give her any satisfaction in eating it, but it was an enjoyable snack nonetheless. However, it reminded her of the nagging emptiness she had experienced after Lucianus's visit, and gave her an immense craving...

When was the last time we've had a truly splendid meal? An absolute banquet, a crowd of panicky Homini or a thrall of enslaved Sheolfolk, perhaps with a delicacy like some wayward Elysians on the side... guzzling the blood and crunching the bones, slurping up the delicious bone marrow, stuffing our face with the helpless masses, feeling them thrash and squirm on the way down... yes, I want it all. I want MORE than all of it.

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:14 am

{ Sariel }

I should say yes to them. As an Archangel and a pregnant mother-to-be, I should have kept my strength up. Although, I haven't today. I'm starving, however, any food I put into my mouth I feel like vomiting back up.

"Only a little," I reply in hopes of being able to lie my way through this. Honesty should have been my first decision, however, I cannot have them worry about me. I can't. Not after our ceremony. I must take care of them.

"If you don't mind I'd love to try one."

Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:17 pm

"Oh, aye! Prithee!"

Aquila pulled the cloth back, and revealed about seven or eight scones with the diameter of a clenched fist. They were the correct shape and golden-brown color, and because of Aquila's quick actions, they were still ever-so-slightly warm to the touch. However, exteriors were one thing - the truth would come when eaten.

"Pray, I only ask that thou give them a taste. A single bite to tell me thine thoughts. And thou must be honest! My feelings will be spared."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 pm

{ Sariel }

I reach my hand out to take one as I moved closer to them. Food was weird to me in the last few months. The nurses had advised I go on a certain diet especially since I was so weak and had a lack of nutrients for my child. But, this was welcoming.

The scone was warm to the touch, flaky and gold. Just the smell radiating around it was enough to water my mouth and entice my body to the idea of chowing down.

Carefully, I took the scone in my hands and bit into it. The flavor that hit my mouth reminded me of simplier times. It caused me to breathe a sigh of relief as I chewed the delicacy and swallowed.

"Aquila, I have nothing bad to say about these. They're wonderful. I can feel the time and love you poured into it. . . and I thank you."

Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Aquila waited for her reaction, watching her facial expressions with the focus of sunlight through a magnifying glass. Sariel was very tired, understandably so, and thus she would have trouble disguising her true feelings. If Aquila just paid the right amount of attention, they could see through any lies...

However, there were no lies. Sariel was honestly enjoying the scones.

The tension in Aquila's muscles relaxed so much they almost dropped the basket. They sighed, closing their tired eyes, and falling onto a nearby chair.

"Praise Rho, thank Cetrix, and bless thee." They announced, "After the eighth attempt, I have succeeded in this goal! Tis a relief."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:23 pm

{ A Songstress, An Earthshaker }

A voice of the headwaters, a stream sparking with the potential of a river, curled around the simple plucked chords from the tightpulled strings. What blue eyes spoke of fell to the looker to say, but complacency was the only virtue they scorned.

Lo, the breeze sweeps green life to the sky, soaring in cloudy strokes and icy snaps through the ocean above. Nature screamed its credentials, bleeding out beauty in intermittent groves and pastures barely outside the city limits. Among these, stark, she was an angel, a bard, a relic of something that was coming to pass, that was whole in completion but just beginning to seek a purpose. Galanis, bright cerulean, walked slow within her throng, a handpicked hoard of the influential and the beautiful. For her favor, she hadn't looked to her birthrights or connections. She never lacked for favor with merits like hers.

Odelle always set those eyes higher-- as the sky, so as she. People loved her because she never stopped at what was good, but reached out her hand to rip the veil on the divine, the self-regenerating veil, tearing out a mere glimpse.

There was clawing yet to do, however. Odelle had spent years estranged from her homestead, the grand Spieti, and from her oldest connections there; she had spent them for study, for singing, for gathering the experience that forges power from talent. She had heard the rumblings, knew the lions her younger sister would be fending off, knowing she couldn't keep herself away, predictably.

So on the morrow, this group would find her vanished, as many had before. She always came as she went, and went as she pleased. There was still much left to see.

@Captain Whitehawk wrote:He sighs and rises from his desk, finds her in the kitchen.  A half-eaten loaf of bread--bought only yesterday has been left on the counter.  He doesn't wanna count the number of bottles stocked around the sink.  

Her misery quickly turns his frown into a pout. "Faidael, you look disgusting.  Bath.  You need to clean up."

{ Faidael }

She looked like she was going to argue until she met Matthew's eyes-- and immediately averted them. "I can't say no to you, it's bad. I couldn't-- oh, Elodi, help me, couldn't hurt you. I'll take a bath. Any bath."

Despite the alcohol coursing through her system, she got to her feet with a fair degree of deftness. Looking disgusting didn't bother her anymore. Her style, hard-worn, could withstand a dash of grunge. What was destroying her was the disgusting feeling that sunk between her eyes, knawing at the back of her brain. And no fucking bath would do much about that.

She grabbed the bubbles anyways.

{ Asutiel }

A wayward ghost led forward a caravan. A road that went ever on, worn only through persistence, the kind shed through common grace. Yes, the Homini had persistence.

Asutiel hadn't counted the days, hadn't counted her hopes. At this stage of the journey, any fervor she had begun with had hardened, going from the pliable fury of the molten to the dependable cold of steel; such as with faith. The rightness of it preceded her belief, and thus she had returned to the cycle's start. And that rightness began at the place where the alternative would spell the death of so many others, for so little reason.

She? She was already dead, from the day her Master had departed the world, the only source of the Truth to which her soul was bound as inextricably as the candleflame to the light it gave off. That candle which owed its life and death to no other than itself. To whom else did she owe her fear?

The Archangel, never wearied even in sleep, continued an unhurried walk to Spieti, trailing believers with no Faith.

{ Odelle }

And that's how every song starts, the little jingle to the grand sung epic. Frequencies that change, interlock, conflict, repeat, that provoke you to change, interlock, conflict, and repeat. She was here to weave musicians into a symphony, disparate as they may be, just to hear the product.

Even if that shattered it all.

stop looking up for heaven
waiting to be buried

Athena Lionheart
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:44 pm

{ Sariel }

I smiled gleefully, chewing another piece of it before swallowing one more, "I'm happy to agree with you Aquila, you did a wonderful job. I'm really proud of you."

The words came with silence after it. I couldn't tell if it was an appropriate time or not but, the feelings swelled inside me. A lack of sleep and an ever-growing discomfort caused me to blurt out suddenly, "Aquila I'm. . . really sorry. I didn't. . . want it to end up like that. You didn't deserve that."

Sal
Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Aquila shook their head, showing off the matted texture of their hair. The bags under their eyes looked darker when they sat by the window - were they neither sleeping nor bathing?

"Nay, nay, Sariel, I beg of thee. We both know what I deserve." 

They half-set half-tossed the basket on Sariel's bed, before putting their head in their hands. Outside of covering their face, however, nothing indicated they were holding back. They were too exhausted to try.

"Twas I who brought Bronwen to us. Had I not slain Imperiel, she woulst have n'er come. There is only I to blame, and only I to pray for pardon."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 59 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum