FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
« Asphodel » - Page 51 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

« Asphodel »

Page 51 of 59 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 55 ... 59  Next

Go down

« Asphodel » - Page 51 Empty Re: « Asphodel »

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:38 pm

~Amery~

I swore this was the address.

A small cottage alongside a shite ton of other cottages, but this one, it's different because it has a purple magnolia, and those take a lot of care.

She takes a lot of care.

I giggle.

I knock on the door again.

It's cold.

I'm cold.

I hear footsteps.

"Oi, who is it?" A lady's voice rang.

"Amery."

"No." She said in disbelief.

She opens the door, her eyes widen, her mouth drops, her blonde sugar cane hair is set back in some sort of cloth. She's barely aged a month since he's last seen her.

Still the same pretty girl.

"Well . . . you could look better, mate. Those pants are drippin' come in." She giggled.

I smiled, feeling warm for the first time in a few days.

Her house was like a honeycomb, if it was a house for Homini, it looked more homey than anything I had ever laid eyes on. Soft quilts, pottery, tea boiling on the stove.

The stairs led up to more of the house, but he had never been there.

She set him up a cup of tea at the table.

"Jallan is out with the little one to pick up some night time ingredients."

"Drugs?"

"Nah, mate. Haven't had any sort of medicine since I popped that little giant out my puppet. Tell me, what brings a bloke like you right, high ranking officer, trying to somehow take over the government, you know, you're smart, eh? Quiet but you talk loud and that's what I like about you. That why I know you got your arse kicked out of that big castle by your big sistah- she ain't even that persuasive, I used to run her father's gun trade."

I giggled. "The worst possible thing happened to me."

"You got your jewels chain locked can't go to the doctah?"

"No."

"You accidentally shagged your bosses wife?"

"No."

"You killed someone?"

"Yes."

She kissed her teeth and took a sip of tea.

"Come on mate," She said, "If you're gonna get all glubby off killing a bloke then I'm not gonna sit her and waste my precious alone time."

He nodded. Reading between the lines.

"I think there's someplace I'm supposed to be." I admitted.

I breathed in. "But I don't want to be there."

"Why?" She asked.

He shook his head, "Because I know if I go there, nothing will ever be the same again. Just more, bull shit."

"Look at it like this, Amery. You've got two options, run to it, or run away. But either way. You're gonna have to fight that monster."

She lights a cigarette.

"And I know you." She puffs.

"You the type to go dumbass running at the thing full speed with a coin in your left pocket and a broken arm."

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:36 pm

- God -

In the beginning, there was a Wish. What Wish, whose Wish, that's the part that'll get you lost. Somebody wants something and in order to get it, they create a situation in which someone else wants something wholly different, repeat unto infinity. Wishes stacked upon Wishes. Whose came first? Who knows!

But this isn't about the beginning. This is a story about the end.

In not-quite-the-beginning of the end, God got Himself a drink. "Here you are, God," He said.

"Thanks, God," He answered. He reclined on His beach chair and sipped His tequila as He watched Himself walk away. It wasn't much to see. Skeletons don't have much to fill out a pair of swim trunks. He glanced over at God, who reclined in an identical chair just to His left. Her string bikini hung off of Her bones like loose black twine. He sighed. "Hey."

She looked up from Her magazine, a thousand-year-old back issue of New Math Weekly. "Hey what?"

"Should We get some anatomy? Just for aesthetic reasons?"

She shrugged and went back to reading New Math. "Sounds like a lot of effort."

"I guess." He finished off his drink. "I'm bored."

"We're all bored. We're all You, and we're all bored." God walked up, handed her a drink. "Thanks, God. Anyway, We knew this part of the plan would be boring. That's the whole point. If it weren't boring, They might notice."

God frowned. "Which Them? Do you mean our Them, or the other Them, or those assholes at the border?"

"Any of Them. You know that. I know You know that, because I know that and I'm You."

"I know, but unholy evershitting fuck, this is torture. I mean, somebody please just kill Me already." He stood. "I'm going to go share the pain."

God pulled Himself together. No more swimsuits or bikinis—He stood enrobed in black and white and gray, the folds stirred by a nonexistent breeze. His eyes gleamed with red ghostfire, and His skeletal grin seemed somehow wider and more wicked. No more of that sad introspective shit, that's not what anybody's here for. This, this right here, this is the God you want to read about. Don't deny it, it's only natural. Who doesn't like to read about a villain? Villains get to have fun. Villains get to have style. That's why He chose to be one. So pay attention. Pay attention now as he sashays across the void of his self-imposed prison, a bottle of tequila in his hand, seeking his opposite.

"Baaaaaaaabe?" God cried to the dark. "Baaaaaaaaaaaabe, I'm so horny!"

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:17 pm

A Creature of a Thousand Eyes

They watch the roving world and its stars as they spin, perched perch-less in the dark, a suspension of robes and wings and limbs and eyes that pour blinding white and see beyond prison walls.  Even with a veil to part them from the world, they still sense the heartbeats of their children, hear their cries in the night, know their aching prayers shuddered from lips into empty air, and it is these pangs they listen for still.  But they had opted to empty Asphodel of its divinity, they cannot answer their children and His as before.  Now they must only watch, and it is this watching that kills them, for this is the worst possibility of being a parent: seeing harm without the ability to stop it.

They should be happy they did this.  They should be happy something changed.  But suffering has not ended.  The dawn yet rises, the world still lives, monstrous.  They contort and twist in an agony all theirs.

Or maybe they are not solo in this.  They raise a head to address their company, blink light into the darkness and see Him.  I am not babe, they say. Your complications of copulation are not in my manifest.  Manifest?  Manifest.  It is close to the words they found.

Last edited by Captain Whitehawk on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

« Asphodel » - Page 51 Asphodel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:29 pm

- God -

God took a pull of His tequila. "I can be horny for lot of things, babe," He said. "Like right now, I'm mad horny for some conversation. How was Your wage-slavery today? What do You think of all this weather? Are You also Really Fucking Bored?"

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:44 pm

A Creature of a Thousand Eyes

There are many things He says that they do not understand.  They blink again, turn a nose and their attention to point back towards the veil.  They are not better, they say, and gather themself in folds to bound towards the edge.  It moves back, slips away like tsunami tide, untouchable.  They have played this Game many times before.  They will not make progress.  But they wanted to see for a moment if it would be different if He was there with them.  No.

Slowly, they drift back.  You feel boredom for the things you choose?  Is this not what you Want?

Last edited by Captain Whitehawk on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

« Asphodel » - Page 51 Asphodel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:33 pm

On the night of November the 7th

Oberiel wasn't quite sure how he'd gotten there. The night before, he'd been in the office of the Archangel of Chastity, a place he'd never saw himself going anywhere near seeing as he was likely the least chaste person in all of Asphodel. That morning, he'd been in the equally-unlikely scenario of attending a Bonding ceremony with said Archangel, and was then thrust into the usual business of having to take down an attacking hostile. Since then, he'd spent the afternoon committing grueling torture on what was supposed to be his last day of leave, and after that had accepted a mission to hunt down a person of interest alongside a fellow Forgotten. Where did that take him, then?

Apparently, right back to Florizel's office.

After getting blood on his barely-passing-as-formal robes, he'd switched to a more ragged but thankfully clean outfit, and tried to straighten out one or two of the wrinkles in it before knocking on the door to the office.

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:30 pm

November 7th, evening

Florizel had never been so popular in her entire life, she swore to Elodi.

She stood up, huffing a little. Her head was aching bad, and she wasn't in the mood for visitors after this morning. "It's very late," she announced, "with all due respect, are you sure this can't wai-"

She paused halfway through her sentence upon seeing who it was. "Oh! Good evening, Oberiel."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Omni on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:07 pm

- God -

"If it was, would We still be talking?" He stared out, into the Veil. "What do You mean, they're not better?"

Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:22 am

On the night of November 7th

Despite literally knocking on her office door, Oberiel somehow still looked a little surprised to see her."
"Um... good evening!" he replied, trying to match her vocabulary. "Sorry, it's me again. If you'd rather I left, I..." he awkwardly motioned towards whence he came, "...I can do that."

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:49 pm

November 7th, evening

"Oh, no, it's fine!" Florizel corrected herself, standing back a bit from the door to give him room, "I'm just cranky, it seems."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 59 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 55 ... 59  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum