FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
« Asphodel » - Page 27 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

« Asphodel »

Page 27 of 59 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43 ... 59  Next

Go down

« Asphodel » - Page 27 Empty Re: « Asphodel »

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:50 pm

November 6th, night

"I am a professional, you're right about that. I've been doing this for almost a century now." Florizel gave a little smirk at her own credentials, "However, therapy is a tool to aid and improve. Some variety of it is for everyone, if they seek it."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:42 pm

The night of the 6th of November

Oberiel gave a congratulatory smile when she mentioned her experience, admiring her diligence even if that wasn't her virtue. "I'll admit I have little desire to seek therapy... I couldn't commit to it, as I lead a busy lifestyle. So, from one professional to another, what would you recommend I do? Is there some universal secret to happiness that has evaded me all these years, one that'll make the sunshine and roses come back?" He chuckled at the last part- there had never been any sunshine and roses. His eye darted around the room uncertainly. "...do I have to lie down on one of those couches for you to tell me?"

---

The afternoon of the 9th of November

"My lord, some of the men on patrol have found a person of interest."

Lucifer had been waiting for something to draw his attention for the past several hours. The marches were grueling- the only thing keeping the troops in line was the anticipation of battle, and the General was no exception. He'd hardly left the saddle of Caira, an alpha female Monidon of considerable size that served as his mount. But now, still at the forefront of the marching legions of Wrath, a horse had trotted up to his side carrying Amon, one among the Crimson Thirteen. Amon was a tall, ghoulish, scarecrow of a woman with deep-set eyes and slightly Elysian features. Lucifer recognized her harsh voice immediately and turned his head to address her. "A person of interest? Who might it be?"

Within minutes, two Wrathmongers had brought this 'person of interest' to their commander- he was a young Sheolfolk man, beautiful in the face with flowing dark hair, and barechested to show off his chiseled, perfect body. Lucifer snarled in disgust. "You, Melkior?"

Melkior chuckled smugly. "I'll be called Lucifer within the hour, wretch. I came here to challenge you for the title of General."

"He tried to run away when we found him," Amon commented, still seated on her horse.

Lucifer snorted. "Unsurprising." He turned around to face his troops and bellowed out a command; "Company, halt!". The front ranks of Wrathmongers stopped immediately, and subordinate officers quickly relayed the command to the rest of the army. The General knew that there'd be little lost time, because this would be over quick.

In the weeks following the Sundering, the world at large had been granted a respite from the Wrathmongers. Lucifer had briefly turned away from conquest and destruction, recognizing that, in Ahriman's wake, there could only be one General of Wrath. Those who had shared the title before the Sundering or rivaled Lucifer's own power were hunted down in a furious crusade that had occupied the Wrathmongers until very recently. Lucifer knew that there were one or two others who would try to usurp his title roaming the world, but none of them were of any strength to properly challenge him. Melkior was one of his only rivals from before the Sundering who still drew breath. The only one, quite possibly.

"You're no match for me," Melkior boasted. Lucifer removed one of his foots from the stirrups and unmounted Caira.

"Truth is, the Wrathmongers aren't mean to be led by an old bastard like you. You've lost your touch." As Melkior spoke, Lucifer removed his shield from the side of the saddle.

"They need some like me," Melkior explained. "I have more anger than you can possibly imagine. My blood is young and hot, like my body." Lucifer unsheathed his sword- just a regular broadsword, as the Painsaw wasn't necessary for this.

The General pointed his sword at his challenger. "Return this boy's weapon to him!"

One of the Wrathmongers who brought Melkior to Lucifer tossed him his weapon- a katana in its scabbard. Melkior unsheathed the katana and raised the blade to his mouth, and began licking it explicitly, staring at Lucifer with wild eyes as he did so.

Lucifer sneered. "...are you ready yet?"

Melkior scoffed. "Of course I'm ready! Don't make me laugh, kid."

"Your move."

Melkior let out a shrill, furious scream and charged at Lucifer with his katana. The finely-crafted, elegant blade cut through the air swiftly and Melkior swung it into Lucifer's chest plate, dragging it across the metal and doing exactly nothing.

The General immediately responded by using his enormous shield to slam against Melkior, sending onto the ground with a wham. On his back, helpless, Melkior looked up with what looked like fear. Lucifer loomed over him, totally victorious... until, unexpectedly, he tossed his sword several feet away and dropped the shield.

The young challenger's smug expression gradually reappeared, and he scoffed again. "Ha! Coward. You don't have the guts to-"

Trigger Warning: It's not pretty:
Lucifer dropped into his knees and then threw himself onto Melkior's body, using his left arm to pin him down by the chest- he then reared back with his right arm, hand clenched into a fist, and struck Melkior in the face. Melkior screamed in rage, but the iron gauntlet of Lucifer drove itself into his face again. And again. And again. And again. The General relentlessly pummeled him, Melkior's cries of pain becoming defeated yelps before devolving into incomprehensible gurgles. With every blow, the embodiment of wrath could feel his opponent's skull breaking apart and collapsing. Lucifer was silent the whole time, and soon, Melkior was silent too. Dead, his beautiful face transformed into little more than raw meat.

To finish the job, Lucifer pushed down on the sleeves of his armor, causing a circular blade to eject from one of his arm plates at the wrist. Using it, he slowly and methodically sliced through Melkior's throat, severing the muscle tendons and letting blood gush onto the ground as he sawed through his spine. After a grueling minute, he'd removed his head from his neck and seized the head by its hair.

Caira, tongue flickering because of the scent of blood, allowed Lucifer to climb atop her saddle. He stood atop her, facing the front-most ranks of Wrathmongers, and held up the gruesome head of Melkior triumphantly.

"This man thought he was fit to lead the Wrathmongers..." he explained, his voice booming throughout the halted regiment. "...but he suffered the same fate as all who called themselves Lucifer after the Sundering. I tell you, as of this moment, we have finished asserting ourselves again." He began to shout even louder. "Ahriman may be gone, but we are the sole army of Wrath, and we will carry out his will! We will bring him back to Asphodel! We are done fighting our rivals, for now the Homini will tremble in their beds as we march upon their lands! We cannot be stopped! We cannot be beaten! We are inevitable, as Spieti will soon discover! Unleash your anger! Show me your hatred! Let none be spared by your wrath!"

To this speech, the Wrathmongers raised their weapons and cheered, now more ready than ever to raze Spieti to ashes.

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:59 pm

November 6th, night

Florizel smiled at the joke, but didn't verbally acknowledge it.

"If there is a universal key to happiness, I'm afraid I'm not as much as a professional as I thought, for I have yet to find it. Perhaps the key to happiness is found somewhere in the Self. At least, that is Chastity's teaching."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:36 pm

The night of the 6th of November

Oberiel nodded along as she explained.

"The Chastity sect tends to deal in memories... would you say that the happiness in the Self is related to memories? Perhaps, that the removal of certain memories is a requirement for achieving perfect Self?"

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:16 pm

November 6th, night

Despite being a professional, something in the back of Florizel's mind wilted in defeat. But she stiffened her resolve, and her posture.

"I would say that's a wonderful topic for philosophical exploration!"
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:13 pm

The night of November 6th

Oberiel found her reaction to this question a little odd. He wasn't exactly a people person, but he thought he might have struck a nerve.

"I'll, um, leave that up to you. I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to self."

---

Also the night of November 6th

Jehiliath has had many names in its long history. The City Under Siege, the Bastion of Elodi, and Idriel's home for the next two weeks. The plans for his counter-offense had been drafted and were already on their way with a messenger, and once his Theodoro was ready in the morning, he'd start the journey and arrive just in time to put the plan into action. No mistakes, no hitches, no problem; it had been one of his most successful stratagems to date, and he was confident that little could stop it now.
If you can hear me, I hope you think I've done well... he thought, in an act of prayer.

At the moment, however, he was still in his office in Zion, finishing up his packing. While the room was still quite cluttered, a considerable number of documents and maps had been packed up and made ready to go.

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 pm

November 6th, night

"Yes, but you are the expert when it come to your Self."
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:04 pm

« Asphodel » - Page 27 61bb38ca1ca2bda6262de1ea46530872

On the Seventh Day

Snow was new to me, not quite how it was back home. The way the wind chilled in this morning mist, the people below this fortress slowly woke as the horses and people began to meander down these roads so idoly. What did they know of any trouble to come? They had lived in trouble, it was their everyday life. War was useless, and contributed less to the meanings of this life than most other things.

The cold should've hurt me, made me rattle and shake, as my bones began to find it hard to settle into the joints of my body and it's freezing muscles, but no. They did not feel anything, I was already dead, floating above my body, looking down at me looking down. Wanting to reach up to the heavens and fly, Gods did I want to fly. Away from here, away from the perils and the obligations and the stench of shite that festured in my mind.

I wanted no one around me this morn, no one to tell me of what troubles had to come, or what plans I might have to find myself in. I looked upon my hands, stained with blood, slowly I buried them beneath my cloak, breathing out crystals and staring far into the horizon.

My feet dangled over the edge, several stories above the ground below me. How free would I be, to let my body fall, just let go and fall.

Fall, fall, fall.

"It's not as glorious as it seems." A deep voice rattled from behind me.

I didn't turn, my excuse was that I didn't care.

"Death?" I asked.

"Aye." He answered. "It's a swift ending to a part of the story. But never the whole, there's always something more out there. For you, for me, for the whole world."

"I don't want more." I mumbled. "I want nothing. I want the blackness, the warmth of nothingness, the emptiness."

"The quiet." He elaborated.

I nodded. "Would you be so kind to push me?"

Footsteps approached, had he agreed?

No.

He sat, hooded and darkened so that I could not see his eyes, and hoisted his feet over the ledge to sit down with me.

"You were never really evil." He divined.

I subdued a laugh. "Who are you to tell me that?"

"A watcher. An olde friend of a friend."

"And why do you care what I think about myself?"

"Because, besides your ego, there's a lot that you don't understand."

He pointed to a woman walking, a baby in her arms.

"To us, she's nobody, no name, no story, no promise of a future. But to that baby, she's the whole world. A world that would be completely disastrous without her."

"You see me as an infant?"

"We're all just children. Orphans, without mothers. Gods without worshipers. Worms without dirt to lay in. You see only a fraction of the picture. You've never realized the whole. Yes, you might be a killer, but that doesn't define your story. That's just one chapter, one brief revelation in your entire bible. Lest you understand, none are bane, none are good. We all see the world through the eyes of ignorance. But when you open your eyes to the truth, only then can you be set free."

I turned to him. "Have you come to kill me?"

He turned to me, and for the first time, his eyes were shown, golden honey jewels in the morning grey, freckles that danced along an alabaster skin. Hair as dark as raven's feather, a mask that was made of it too.

"I came to give you a way out." He said.

"You're one of the Heathens."

He smiled. "A fowl curse for infants of the world. Here, take this."

He unpocketed a folded envelope, on it a foreign crest. "Open it when you're ready. Only when you're ready."

I looked down. "This isn't helpful. I don't want to be apart of your cult."

"Look around you," He wavered, "This is your cult. This is a lie. You know it, I know it, now stand true."

He seemed to pause to look at me, had it been any other day I would've felt threatened, but today was a different story.

"You look just like your father."

I blinked in disbelief.

And when I opened my eyes.

Like a dream, he was gone.

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Dylan Battle~ on Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 pm

« Asphodel » - Page 27 C3aed2014a948c24f96fb24f6261df51

I turned to the young boy who stood so bravely and honestly naively in front of the Elysian.

The hooded figures immediately moved in front of me, taking away my aim.

"Leave. Now." The hooded leader growled.

"Not without that fanged toothed fodder." Said the Elysian.

Sansa came forward, touching my shoulder. "It's fine, I'll go with her."

"Not in a thousand solar eclipses, Elysian, if you have any quarrel with this man, it can be handled with words, not weapons. As you can see, you're quite outnumbered." I said.

She seemed frustrated, glancing around at the group. "He deserves to die."

"Maybe so. But trust me when I say he is paying for his sins, one day at a time. You killing him will not bring back the life of whomever he killed. In your quest for justice, you consume the only the good nature that you possess. I'll tell you for the final time, stand down."

She seemed to know the disadvantage. Elysian girls, they were a proud thing, but one thing about them all has been true since the dawn of time.

They listen to their elders.

She seemed to stand down, waving at her partners to sheath their weapons.

She pointed to me. "You owe me penance. Stand before the surviving elders in this wretched skeleton's place. Whatever judgement they give shall be as good as bond."

The hooded man turned to me, nodding.

I turned to Sansa, who shook his head.

"Fine, if that's what it takes to tame your fire. I'll go."

"Young love--"

"--Sanctus . . . you know where you need to go. Don't follow me. Don't try to find a woman named Shoko. Do stay here until someone comes for you."

I stared at him, hopefully his thick skull was malleable enough to understand my awful play with words.

He nodded. "Okay. Okay."

He turned to the Elysian. "You."

"Your sister tasted better than many of the temple boys that ran to me before her." Sansa hissed.

She marched forward, but was restrained by her partners, who knew much better than her.

I turned to the boy who stood before Sansa. "If he even gives you slightest bit of lip, cut his tongue out."

I handed over my bag to Sansa, and with no revelry, so did depart.

~Dylan Battle~
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:03 pm

Nereida, on the night of the 6th

"Lieutenant's a spy, huh?"  What a trouble-maker.  Amery was way too young to be catching eyes like this.  "What's their name.  I can have them locked up in an hour, no one will touch you.  As for the Apostla ..."  They wouldn't get involved in this, would they?  This was a civil Dux conquering.  Their business wasn't ours.  "How much do you know?  What's happening?"

Nereida, on the afternoon of the 9th

My nose wrinkles.  "You're not thinking you'll be taken back by him, are you?  If you're that worried, we could keep you in quarantine and sit it out."

A guard speaks up.  Boy.  Young-ish.  He doesn't get "holding your tongue unless it's wanted" but you know what, whatever.  Let the kid talk.  "If someone's sending for her," he starts, and I can feel my patience wither, "we could lock her up for a week and see if anyone shows up."  He pauses for a sec, taking his time to think it through.  "That way, if somebody DOES come, we can spot 'em sooner."

Mail rattles as someone smacks the boy in the gut.  "That's what the Dux just said," another guard whisper-hisses.

I purse my lips.  "... Anyways.  You seem like you've had a rough time, patch up and if you're feeling okay, you can tell me everything tomorrow night.  How's dinner sound?  My treat."  Of course it was my fucking treat, I was the Dux.  Some part of me knows that dinner tomorrow should've been spent figuring matters of state, but we'd move later today so I could probably spare *one* night out of meetings.

Nereida, the morning of the 7th

I'd asked my soldiers to clear the square in Spieti Hold for a gathering.  "Of the people," I'd specified.  "We'll need beer and food--those little buns with filling, you know?  Everybody loves those.  Let's start at 10 o'clock, plan on wrapping up before noon."  Flyers were distributed, vendors relocated, cooks cajoled into lending their expertise to the Dux and her people.  

When the crowd arrives, it's hard to look at them.  Behind curtains where I stand away on a balcony, from the corner of my eye, I can see the common-folk of Spieti, the shopkeepers and farmers and repairmen and errandboys and mothers and fathers and soldiers.  They chatter quietly, ripe with anticipation. Streamers float on the wind and wooden swords clatter as kids play wargames. Ashura is out there, resplendent in an wool umber waistcoat, tied at the waist with a gold sash.  He's brought his people to support me; Nebe's banner glimmers in the sunlight.  Somewhere in the wings, Phaedra would be watching, ready to pop a crossbow bolt through the head of a potential assassin.  Maybe this is all I would need to make this work.

But deeper than that thought, there is doubt.  Because I am small, and selfish, and the world is large and greedy.  I'm not good at speeches.  I'm not good at making everybody listen to me.  I bullshit my way through everything and hope for the best.  I don't know as much as others.  I'm not even that smart.  Not the greatest leader to have on the table.  If I weren't the one taking charge, I don't know if I'd follow me.

And yet deeper than that doubt, there is conviction.  Who am I waiting for?  Who do I think is going to get the Eldar races when they're down, when it's so obvious that somebody needs to?  Artos is dead.  He would've done something like this for me.  For everyone, because that's the kind of person he was.  He wanted freedom and peace away from the bastard war.  But the war's still here.  

I'm always ready for war.  I'm a second away from taking a life if I think it'll force our win.  I guess that makes me the best we've got.  

I take the balcony and the people hush. I hear the clatter of crossbows as a firing squad settles in on the roof above me. "It'd be easy for you to be assassinated here," my advisers had instructed me. "You're fresh and new to the Duxship, anyone wanting to take your place or make a statement could take you out at close-range or long distance. But using the balcony is also a show of power. Visibility's good, your voice will carry well. Look intimidating and you'll have the whole world in your pocket." A chainmail shirt rides a tunic of crimson, scaled armor covers my torso and sits snug beneath heavy pauldrons and a silver gorget. My hair is thickly braided, all my loose strands carefully combed to frame my forehead and tuck behind my ears. I'd shaved the keratin nubs on my head down till I scraped my scalp; cosmetics livened my brown skin and lined my eyes in rich black. For this occasion, I was given a cape. It's heavy, scarlet velvet and too much for my tastes, but it made me look regal, so I kept it.

"People of Spieti, and of Nebe, and of all our fiefs, near and far--" My voice rings in the square. Doves scatter from rooftops and take to the sky. "The time has come for a new era of peace, and I, Nereida Dorean, will lead our people to it." My heart is pounding. My vision has darkened. I take a moment to breathe. "From the beginning, we have known of two gods: the patrons of bastards, murderers, and liars, savages who have wanted nothing from us but slavery. Ours has been a long, suffering road--but we will travel it no longer. The gods have abandoned Asphodel and the monsters they made. The land is ours to claim. Join with me as we take back what is ours!" The people rally to the call, yelling with raised fists. I see Ashura's brilliant smile, and find one of my own across my lips. "In your name, I shall conquer. Never again shall the land of my people fall into enemy hands. Asphodel is ours!"

I blink away tears as the people shout, and as they yell I think I know what this is all about, more than what I plan or others say. The square trembles with their indignation, their relief, their wants and oft-repressed needs. These are a desperate people. This is a hurting land. And I would give everything I had to protect all of it.

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

« Asphodel » - Page 27 Asphodel

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Captain Whitehawk
Adept Creator
Adept Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 59 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 43 ... 59  Next