FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptyYesterday at 1:50 pm by The_Broker

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 5:54 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Runite's Immortal
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 pm by Adrian

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 12:39 am by Adrian

» Anaphora: The Surviving
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 10:43 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Anaphora: Descension (Into Feels)
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 8:43 am by Adrian

April 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

Soulblade [Roleplay Thread] - Page 24 Empty Re: Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:46 pm

- Cassia -

We barrel past the monsters together, and I make sure to bash their heads in as soon as I can. We advance through the city, avoiding flame and falling debris. The kid’s scream becomes louder, and we follow it to an alleyway, with a swarm of monsters cornering him into a corner. “There he is!”

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Currently Watching: The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:21 pm

No'sha continued to shoot anything that didn't look humanoid. Their aim wasn't going to improve that much in ten minutes, but it was getting easy to navigate this foreign weapon.

When they came across the boy, No'sha immediately pointed the Soulgun away from the child. If he died, even by a stray..."bullet", they'd all fail the simulation. Unwilling to take that chance, the talmey waited for Cassia's orders.
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:43 pm

~Erina~
I go to snap at the boy with the daggers to inform him that I literally just suggested that when Cassia speaks up instead, relaying the sentiment herself. I tilt my head slightly upwards, grateful that I wouldn't have to interact with the imbecile myself since he clearly couldn't understand the language I was so plainly speaking, before beginning to walk after the others once more.

I keep my head down most of the way, cradling my right arm to my chest in an attempt to hide my discomfort as much as possible. I wouldn't allow them to see the pain that easily; that would give them satisfaction I was not inclined to provide them so willingly. As we walk, the gears continuously shift in my head as I attempt to figure out this abomination of a device I was so graciously gifted with. It had to work somehow, I just needed to figure out how. . .

Eventually we make a turn at the sound of some crying and I move with the group, staying towards the rear and holding my arm behind my back. I see there is a small child, a boy, up ahead and subconsciously move a few paces forward, eyes softening ever so slightly as I attempt to hear the conversation of the others.

Realizing a year late I haven't given credit to Lady Sen for the amazing avi! <3
boyhoy
boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:24 pm

A wave of relief came over Conrad when he saw the boy- he'd forgotten all about the Soul Sorcerer and her mishap. He's here, he's alive, we've-
The blood started to race through his veins again- yes, the boy was still alive, but also surrounded by Demons. Instinctively, he went to grab his sidearm, but it wasn't there.

Damn it, they took away all our weapons, he thought, gripping his daggers. Except for these. He turned expectantly to the rest of the team, considering his options. The Soul Sorcerers are too inexperienced to handle this, and the only ones left with any ranged option are the Soul Rangers, and they might hit the-
Another option came to his mind. A distraction. And who better to cause a distraction than a spy?

"I'm going in," he whispered to Cassia between the chaos. "Get the kid out while I have them occupied." With that, he broke away from the group, maneuvering to the side before picking up a piece of debris and tossing it at one of the demons to get their attention.

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:44 pm

- Cassia -

“Wait, what?” I realize what’s happening. “Wait! Conrad, we didn’t discuss . . .” And he’s gone.

I sigh. If he’s giving us a window, we may as well take it. “Let’s move in,” I say to the others, dropping my voice before taking point.

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:23 pm

When the rock clattered next to them, one of the demons turned around from the cornered child to face the source of the noise. No sooner that it had, Conrad had fallen onto his back, doing his best to look absolutely terrified- which wasn't exactly hard, given how he knew he was setting himself up as bait.

He screamed, as high-pitched as he could make himself go, to make him seem even more vulnerable. "S-someone help!!' he shouted, his voice deliberately quivering, "I've fallen and I c-can't get up!" He didn't know if the demons could actually understand his words, but he hoped he'd convey a sense of wounded prey, a superior victim to the young boy.

He glanced back at the others, winking quickly, hoping they'd pick up that it was an act.

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 pm

(So since this has been lagging pretty bad, I’m going to timeskip past the training and move on to when they embark for their first mission.)

- Cassia -

“Woah,” I say, so amazed I can barely breathe. I’ve heard that sometimes the Soul Regiment will travel around in a spaceship, but I didn’t imagine this.

It’s like its own building. A very sleek, state of the art building, complete with expensive leather couches, glass tables, a fridge and everything. In the next room over is a round table, presumably the kind where you can use holographic figures to strategize. And all along the far wall are windows. Right now they only offer a view of the spaceship lot, but when we take off? That’ll let us look at all the stars.

“Oh man.” I can’t stop grinning. I set my bag by the couch. Our mission is a simple stop in Abalos. There’s been a surge of demons, and we have to take them out. But for now, I get to recline to my heart’s content.

WritingBookworm
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 pm

"Well, this is... something."

Conrad had expected a mass-produced run of the mill military transport, but this craft had already surpassed all expectations with just the 'lobby'. The Soul Spy set his luggage on the floor to look around, entering the strategy room. He leaned on one of the chairs and surveyed the round table.
This'll come in handy.

Comrade Squid
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:07 pm

~Maren~

Unreal. That's how I described it.

There was hardly anything like this where I lived, even when I was doing odd work in Miramaki. I stood in the lobby, looking around in awe at the pure opulence of the place. It felt sleek. It felt elite. It felt...

...Privileged?

No. Perhaps that's not the right word. I would never have called my childhood a disadvantaged one. But we certainly didn't live like this. Perhaps if our planet was more healthy... but perhaps not. It just wasn't in our nature to live in excess. It's more about harmony.

Or so I thought. Before everyone I knew was slaughtered in front of-

Keep moving, don't think about that, I scolded myself as I walked through the ship. Distract yourself. What else is on this ark?

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Tail’on
City of Ranno

No’sha’s day had been a long one.

First, Ja’yon borrowed a transport vehicle from a friend, and took No’sha to pick up their belongings. When they arrived, Taren was waiting outside greet them - alone. Reenya had taken Yoney to a check up, and was gone the entire time, and in truth, No’sha wasn’t sure if they wanted to see their mother or not.

When Taren hugged them goodbye, they almost began to weep, until he reassured them that he would visit them and Ja’yon soon. It sounded familiar, but they didn’t think about it at that moment.

Second, Ja’yon and No’sha unloaded their belongings form the vehicle and put them in No’sha’s room. Unfortunately, without Taren, Ja’yon was forced to do all the heavy lifting himself, and it took nearly twice as long coming out as it did going in. Once finished, the talwa announced he needed to return the transport vehicle and retrieve his own personal vehicle, and suggested that No’sha attempt to arrange the layout of their room while he was gone.

No’sha wasn’t sure how, but they managed to slide their bed so that the left side was directly up against the wall and under the window.

After Ja’yon returned, he and No’sha shopped at the Ranno market for basic food items. Fresh bread and milk were the top priority, but the older Tali’onian had a handful of other ingredients on his list. At one point, he asked No’sha’s opinion on some bey, a fruit grown on the shores that was the shade of tomatoes and the shape of eggplants. No’sha suggested he buy the two with the slightly more orange tint.

They ate street food for lunch, as neither could wait for dinner. When Ja’yon forgot an item, he told the talmey to wait by a stand selling candy, and No’sha spent the time looking for purple yoyokuku.

Once back at the apartment, Ja’yon pulled out a white box from a shopping bag and handed it to No’sha. The brunette didn’t recognize it at first, until they opened to find a refurbished, but still perfectly functional, comdev inside. Ja’yon declared it to be No’sha’s, that they could use it to contact whoever they desired, including their parents, and that they should set it up to their liking while he cooked dinner.

Sitting in their bed, No’sha did their best to follow the directions for set-up, but the Tali’onian was atrociously mistranslated to the point of incomprehensibility, so they reverted it back to the original Miramakian programming, and found it much easier to understand.

An hour or so later, the light outside was beginning to darken, and an aroma began to waft from the kitchen. They recognized it instantly, but could not remember where or when they had smelled it before.

When Ja’yon called No’sha in the kitchen for dinner, they left their comdev on their bed, and closed their door behind them. They sat at the chair Ja’yon motioned at, and found at their setting was a bowl, a spoon, and an empty glass.

“What d’ya want to drink - tea or water?”

No’sha shrugged, but asked for water.

With a pitcher of water now at the table, all that was left was the meal. Ja’yon had a pot on the stove with a ladle leaning up against the side, full of a vermilion-hued soup. When he poured the soup into his own bowl, No’sha’s brain lit up in memory.

“Is that beyney?” they asked abruptly.

Ja’yon nodded, before taking No’sha’s bowl to serve them. “Ever had it?”

The talmey hesitated, but saw no use in lying, “Once. When Yoney was born.”

“Well, I figured this was a good time for it,” Ja’yon’s lips perked slightly in a smile, before handing No’sha their bowl, which was now heavy and steaming, “I think I made too much. Hope you like leftovers.”

The talwa joined them at the table, poured his own drink, and then began to eat. No’sha took that as their cue to do the same.

For the first ten or so minutes, they ate in silence. In fairness, what was there to say? They had only just met no more than twenty-four hours ago, they had no history or commonalities. Besides, were talmey allowed to speak to their owners without first being spoken to? Ja’yon had yet to explain the rules. Was No’sha supposed to know all the rules already?

“Is the soup okay?”

No’sha jerked their gaze back to the man’s upon hearing his voice. The soup was bland, but No’sha knew better than to say such a thing, so they nodded enthusiastically, “It’s wonderful, Master. Thank you.”

Removing the spoon from his mouth, Ja’yon said, “You’re welcome. But if you don’t mind, call me ‘Ja’yon’ when we’re out of the public eye.”

The talmey must have looked very confused because Ja’yon continued: “‘M not into the whole ‘master’ thing, but I know people might give you a hard time if you called me by my name. I don’t wanna get you in any scenes.”

They mostly understood, so they nodded to reflect it.

“You still look confused.” Ja’yon commented.

No’sha swirled their spoon in the slushy liquid in their bowl, unsure of how to respond. They were confused about nearly everything that had happened since the auctionhouse, but they had no idea of knowing whether or not Ja’yon would tell them anything.

“I guess I just have a lot of questions.”

“Then ask away.”

No’sha was hesitant, so they looked up at Ja’yon again. He was taking a long drink from his glass, but was still watching No’sha with the same look in his eyes as he always had. The brunette sighed ever so slightly through their nose - they had no choice now.

“Okay.” They paused for a split second, trying to decide a question from which to start, “Why did you..” they swallowed thickly at the term they used, “buy me? What purpose will I serve?”

Ja’yon set his spoon down, and sat back in his chair, as if to think. No’sha wondered if they picked question with too much weight. “My wife died a long time ago, and my sons moved out. I work alone, and on an inconsistent schedule. I’m a lonely old man who needs help around the house.”

No’sha’s eyes widened, a plethora of horrifying thoughts dashing across their mind. “How lonely?”

For a moment, Ja’yon was the confused one, until his face shifted into a frown, “No, not that kind of lonely.”

The talmey visibly relaxed a little, but was still on their guard as Ja’yon continued.

“I’d like to have some help keeping the house up. As I’m sure you can tell,” he motioned to No’sha’s beyney, which had hardly been touched, “I’m not a very good cook. Can’t figure out how to fold clothes, either.” There was a pause, “And if I’m honest, I miss having someone to talk to.”

“Why don’t you just..go see your kids?”

“They’re off-planet.”

No’sha had to admit, that was a good reason. “Don’t you have friends?”

“A few. But they’ve got their own families and jobs to worry about.”

“Okay then, get a girlfriend.”

Ja’yon almost laughed, “Trying to date at this age isn’t as fun as when you’re young.”

“Just how old are you?”

“Same age as your father.”

No’sha frowned, offended: “Dad’s not old.”

“Oh, yeah? What is he, then?”

“He’s just..wise beyond his years.”

“‘Wise beyond his years’?” there was a playful amount of incredulousness in his tone, “His beard is almost as gray as mine!”

“Is that how talwa discern each other’s ages? By the amount of gray in their beards?”

No’sha hadn’t intended it to be a joke, but Ja’yon started to grin, and then he started to laugh. They instinctively gave a smile in response, feeling partially proud for causing the man’s momentary joy.

“No,” Ja’yon returned, still grinning, “but maybe we should start doing that.”

After that comment, the two fell into silence again. No’sha didn’t want to squander this opportunity to ask whatever questions crossed their mind, so they spoke the next one on their long list - they knew it was a repetitive question, but their brain had fixated itself on clarification:

“So, if my job is to cook and clean and wash clothes..do you want me to be a maid?”

Ja’yon let out a lengthy sigh from his nose, before standing from his chair, and carrying his bowl over to the sink. He tilted the bowl, and let the still-warm liquid pour down into the drain. As he attempted to scrape the excess out with the spoon, No’sha began to wonder if he was going to answer at all.

“No,” he finally replied, setting his glass in the sink next to the dinnerware, “I don’t want you to be a maid.”

No’sha paused, trying to fill in the gaps and make the necessary logical leaps to fully comprehend. But they just..couldn’t.

“...Then what do you want me to be?”

Instead of responding, Ja’yon motioned to the brunette’s bowl, and sharply asked, “Are you done with that?”

No’sha set their hands in their lap as a sign that the talwa could do as he pleased, and watched him repeat the process of cleaning the dishes with a frown of concern. With the edge emerging in voice, the tension appearing in his body language, and his interest in the conversation having vanished, No’sha could only assume this was upsetting to Ja’yon in some capacity. But they had no inkling of an idea as to why.

For the third time, there was silence. This instance, however, No’sha had guilt sloshing around in their chest because they had somehow angered the older Tali’onian, and now found themself far too nervous to try to break the quiet.

Ja’yon only spoke again once he was halfway done drying the dishes.

“You don’t have to answer this, No’sha,” he began, immediately drawing the talmey’s attention from the edge of their own shirt, “but I’ll ask anyway: today, there were three times where you had a chance to run away.”

Though he couldn’t see them, No’sha’s countenance reflected their confusion as he explained, “You were alone in the house when I returned the transport, you were left unattended at the candy stand at the market, and I never once checked on you while I was making dinner. There were three separate times where you could’ve vanished into a crowd, or jumped out of a window, or even walked right out the front door, but you didn’t. So, I ask you, when given all these opportunities to escape, why didn’t you?”

No’sha instantaneously shot their attention to their hands, completely and totally avoiding Ja’yon’s gaze. A wave of horror and shame broke over them, and they felt their eyes start to grow blurry with a film of water threatening to overflow, as a heinous realization made a home in their thoughts:

I didn’t escape...because I never thought to.

They weren’t sure how long they sat like that. At some point, however, Ja’yon called them over to the couch with beer and a bag of snacks, and turned on the entertainment box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miramaki
Valker District
Soul Regiment Barracks

No’sha had absolutely no interest in ever being in a spacecraft again, but it had been a year since they had last gotten anything they wanted, so they weren’t surprised that their luck was this bad. It wasn’t the craft itself they were wary of - on the contrary, it was elegantly assembled and quiet luxurious - it was the bitter taste of the memory of their last interstellar flight that made them so hesitant. Put simply, the last time they saw the vast emptiness of space up close, they were shot in the head.

This trip was also sending No’sha further and further away from their father, which only added to their anxiety. In their rational mind, they knew Taren could take care of himself, but their fear persisted all the same. They left their personal pistol with him, just in case he needed it, and asked Galexa to keep an virtual eye on him for them. She commented how this order was a direct violation of some surveillance and privacy act of three-thousand-whatever, but in the end she just shrugged and agreed to it, if only because No’sha had the necessary clearance.

For the time being, No’sha had planted themself in a chair, facing away from the windows, and decided they were not moving from that spot unless it was unconditionally adamant they do so otherwise.
Lady Senbonzakura
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next