FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Today at 1:06 am by boyhoy

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Yesterday at 10:36 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Yesterday at 12:42 am by boyhoy

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:13 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:59 pm by boyhoy

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:20 pm by Adrian

» Soulblade FAN THREAD!
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 pm by Paradox

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:19 pm by Comrade Squid

» ☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:29 pm by Shaybaysasuke

July 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]

Page 5 of 101 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 53 ... 101  Next

Go down

Re: Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]

Post by boyhoy on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:48 am

~Bryce~
"Alright, I suppose. A bit tired and stressed about this exam, but nothing too worrisome," I admit with a shrug.

I pop a couple grapes into my mouth and take a sip of orange juice before speaking again.

"Did you sleep well?"

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:57 am

"Ah, well enough!" Lei Ming took the nearest available chair, sipping on her coffee, "I'm very sorry to hear you're stressed. This probably won't help, but I'm sure everyhing will go fine."
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:59 am

~Bryce~
I nod along with her sentiment, appreciating the kind words. "I know, you're probably right. It's just not knowing what to expect, ya know? I'm not a fan of being out of control in a situation. . . Which obviously is to be expected given where we are. But. . . I still don't like it," I ramble, my nerves rising slightly. I quickly shove them down; everything will go fine, just as Lei Ming said.

"Camari thinks it's going to be a team exam, though I guess that's just speculation. I'm not sure how reliable her information is," I add, giving another shrug at the news.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:32 am

Lei Ming showed her attention as Bryce spoke, keeping her eyes on him the entire time, even as she continued to drink her coffee.

"Is there anyone who has done this before that we could ask?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:37 am

- Natalya -

I entered the dining hall alone, clad in my black jumpsuit, just in case a surprise exam of some sort were to happen. The ESO was tricky sometimes; I was always used to the straightforward nature of the SRSIA. Still, I was glad to be here, serving the organization that wanted to see the world be a better place.

Twiddling my thumbs, I headed towards the food line, only feeling slightly hungry. The only thing that could make me more nervous was --

"Oh, hey, Nat!"

I froze. Levi. I must have walked past his table! I nervously turned around, blushing furiously as I offered him a small smile.

"G-Good morning, moy tovarishch." I twiddled my thumbs even faster, trying to ignore the excessive pounding of my heart.

"You good?" he asked, seeming slightly concerned. "You look like you have a fever."

"U-Uh, uh... I am very well, thank you! Very not sick. Very healthy," I stuttered.

He blinked at me. "Oh, I get it."

My entire face turned red. Were my feelings for him that obvious? I was hoping that I could ignore the elephant in the room, but I must have failed! He figured it out! How stupid I am!

"You're just nervous for the exam."

I shrank back a bit. "Huh?"

He gently patted my shoulder, grinning to give me reassurance. It just made me even more flustered. "You'll be fine. Don't even worry about it. Your training will pay off, no doubt."

With that, he walked past me in order to pile his plate with more food.

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:11 am

- Julian -

What do you do when the person you love most isn’t who you thought they were?

I wish I have the answer to that question.

I ruminate on that even now, one hand in my pocket, hair not properly combed, eyes still drowsy. I’m a TA, I need to set example for the other students. But even months after I discovered the truth, I’m still not quite myself.

I take stock of the students before going to get any food. One of the first things I notice is shy Natalya, stammering as she talks to Levi.

It isn’t until after Levi leaves that I approach her. The best way to forget about your own problems is to help someone with theirs, after all. “You like him, huh?” I say once he’s out of earshot.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Reflection: A Twisted Tale by Elizabeth Lim
Currently Playing: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:35 am

- Natalya -

Julian approached, and I composed myself (to some degree), but was confused by his question. "Like him? Of course, he is one of my oldest friends, and..."

Oh, he must mean 'like' in the sense of romantic feelings.

"...I suppose," I corrected with a defeated sigh.

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 am

- Julian -

“If you like him, then why not go get him?” I say, trying to be gently encouraging. “Sounds like you’d be happy with him.”

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:47 am

(Trigger Warning: Description of the cycle of abuse and vague memories of past abuse.)

- Mallory -

I don’t remember how exactly I’d gotten to this webpage. I’d just flopped down onto my bed, exhausted after that encounter. I’d given myself ten minutes to surf the web, and once I cleared my head, I’d begin preparations for my task. But if clearing my head was my goal, then these past few minutes have been severely counterproductive.

The Cycle of Abuse, the heading of the article reads. Stage 1: Tension-Building Phase. Tension will build up over external matters. During this stage, the victim will often attempt to control their situation by attempting to placate their abuser. That does nothing to stop the abuse.

As much as I try to think nothing of it, I can’t help but think back to the days leading before the attack. General Vivian had seemed stressed due to the failure of the hostage situation, and had even lashed out at me once or twice. So I’d suggested the attack on Evergreen. 15,000 SRSIA were sent to the school, and countless lives were lost all because I wanted to make Vivian proud of me. Because I wanted to make her happier.

I raise my mouse to the tabs, trying to get myself to click on a second tab. But all I do is keep reading the article.

Stage 2: The Incident. The tension reaches its peak, and the abuser lashes out at the victim. Psychological and emotional abuse may also be involved. The abuser may say the victim ‘had it coming.’

All the bruises and starvation were because I’d failed, Vivian said. She said I’d deserved it for botching the attack. But this is different, I try to reason with myself. This is on a larger scale. Several lives were lost because of me, so it’s my fault.

Isn’t it?

Stage 3: The Honeymoon Phase. The abuser attempts to make it up to the victim through apologizing or other displays of affection. Everything seems normal, and the victim may be persuaded that there’s no need to take action about the abusive relationship.

Before the hot springs, Vivian had chewed me out online and blamed me for the failed hostage negotiation. She’d called me a degenerate and said that as long as I failed, I would never be family to her. And after I’d broke down, she’d apologized and asked if I could ever forgive her. And yet after that, the tension had built back to the attack on Evergreen and —

It isn’t until after I stop that train of thought that I realize what I’m doing. I’m taking a puzzle piece that is my relationship with my grandmother and attempting to fix it inside the overall puzzle.

And it fits.

“No,” I say quickly, abruptly slamming my laptop shut. “No, no,” I whisper again. But Vivian’s the one who showed me the truth about my heritage. And besides, she’s all I have. The ESO loathes me, and the only reason SRSIA hasn’t executed me for my failure is because Vivian advocates for me. If I tried to run away and live a normal life, then both organizations would be after my head. Grandmother’s all I have, all I can even hope to have at this point. She can’t be . . . She can’t be . . . I pull my legs up to my chest, trying to think clearly once more.

“I am not a victim,” I say. “I am not a victim.”

So why do I have to reassure myself of that?

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:32 am

- Natalya -

“He does not seem interested is all,” I answered shyly. “I do not believe I am his — uh — type?”

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 101 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 53 ... 101  Next