FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 2:10 am by Adrian

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Yesterday at 5:16 pm by Comrade Squid

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Yesterday at 3:48 pm by Sal

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Yesterday at 3:45 pm by Sal

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» [PROMO THREAD] Asphodel
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:39 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am by ~Dylan Battle~

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am by Adrian

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]

Page 104 of 105 Previous  1 ... 53 ... 103, 104, 105  Next

Go down

Re: Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]

Post by Hime on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:28 pm

- Levi -

Valkov sat as everyone began to speak, taking his time writing the names down in his PDA. Once the conversation lulled, he glanced up with a nod of confirmation.

"Alright. Now that we've got that handled, I think it's best if we head to the meeting location, especially since it's pretty far away." He began to rise, asking as he did so: "Any last minute questions?"

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:17 am

- Mallory -

Mundee fires his shot, but Ash’s momentum carries her to the side. The tranquilizer dart misses her by a hair.

Still hanging on by her hook, Ash finds temporary purchase on a window. She looks back, spotting Mundee. She glances between the two of us, trying to decide who to go after first before making a snap decision and dropping down to the ground. She’s too busy doing that to notice when I seize the missed tranquilizer dart from the ground and stuff it into my pocket. Just in case.

I stand my ground as Ash runs toward me. I have to keep her in plain sight, if I want Mundee to take another shot at her. My hand goes to the gun at my waistband, only for my fingers to close around nothing. Where did it . . . And then I realize I dropped my gun back in the custodial room we fell from. I don’t have anything I can use to fight her at a distance. And fighting at close range . . .

Ash blares a war cry as she sends a sharp, powerful roundhouse kick in my direction. I stumble back from the sheer effort to avoid it. Her buzzer crackles in the air two more times, and further back I go. It isn’t until then that I realize that’s what she’s trying to do — she’s pushing me back toward a minivan in the parking lot.

Even at the tender age of nineteen, I am a top-notch SRSIA agent. I have trained while other recruits lazed away, attaining heights that they could have only dreamed of. But whatever parts of me wasn’t bruised from my time with Grandmother are now bruising from my fight with Ash. I’m slowing, practically limping at this point, and all the while she’s going on strong. I move to the side, but she retaliates with another one of those roundhouse kicks.

This time, she hits me.

My ribs scream bloody murder. The force of her kick sends me back against the minivan and the back of my head hits a rearview mirror. I see stars before slumping against the door and falling to the ground, the black gravel hot like coals under the midday sun. I can’t even entertain the thought of getting up before Ash pins me down. For an insane second, I hope Mundee will be able to pick her off, but now I see why Ash manuevered me toward the minivan — it gives her cover. By the time Mundee gets her in his sights again, I’ll be dead.

“Guess the hospital’s a good place for someone to die, huh?” Ash sneers as she raises the hand with the buzzer above her head.

Just like that, I know my reckoning has come. I’m out of luck and out of hope. I’ve lied and killed my way here, backstabbing even those who could have been my friends. I bought myself some time with Vivian, but now I won’t die at her hands. I’ll die at Ash’s.

I make one last desperate attempt to save myself.

- Ash -

“She’ll kill me!”

Ash refrained from electrocuting the everliving shit out of Mallory, but only because she was too confused to do so. “What?”

“Vivian,” Mallory rasped through the pain. “She told me she’ll kill me if I don’t bring her to you.”

“Oh, so now you’re trying to make me feel sorry for you?” Ash sneered. “Too late for that! You brought this on yourself, bitch.”

Mallory flinched at the way she raised her voice. Ash didn’t know if she even knew she did it, but it didn’t escape Ash’s notice. And the way she had flinched was like she had been expecting a hit after the yell. Ash noticed her black eye, this time really noticed it. She’d chalked it up to another fight beforehand, but now . . .

Mallory wasn’t faking it. This was real.

Unsure what to do, Ash’s buzzer hummed in the air. Finally, she dialed down the voltage, shutting it off completely. She subsequently ripped her earbud out of her ears, forgoing Queen’s music entirely. “You’re not the real enemy, are you?”

“What’re you talking about?” Mallory said through tears. “I’ve done terrible things.”

“Oh, you have.” Though her buzzer was shut down, Ash still had her pinned with her legs. “You’re not at all innocent.” She crossed her arms. “But you’re not the real enemy, either. That’s Vivian.” When it was evident that Mallory was at a loss for words, she pressed, “Why are you even doing this for her?”

“She’s the only family I have left. She’ll show her love for me if I bring you in.”

As tempting as it was to laugh at the notion, Ash held it in. This subject wasn’t a laughing matter. “Vivian Calder doesn’t love anyone. Did she ever tell you about her sister?”

“She-She said it was hard for her to talk about.”

“Can you guess why that is?” Ash asked. “Back in Evergreen, Vivian and Eva — my mom — went to Evergreen together. They were close, but Vivian betrayed the ESO.” That part seemed familiar to Mallory, but Ash was willing to bet the next part wasn’t. She leaned in closer. “And then Vivian killed her.”

It was a difficult truth for Mallory to hear, especially now. But it was also one that she needed. Now that she knew this, Ash could see the realization dawning in her eyes: if Vivian hadn’t loved her own sister, then how could she love her granddaughter?

Now that Mallory knew that, Ash softened her tone. “But y’know, you’re wrong about something. She’s not the only family you have left. Julian’s your family, right?”

Mallory laughed sadly. “Not really. We’re not actually blood.”

“But he’s still your family.” At long last, Ash stood up, releasing Mallory from her hold, and extended a hand in her direction. “You could still have a place with him, and with us.”

Mallory stared at her. “You’re actually giving me a chance?”

“Your last one,” she said. “But yes. I’m giving you one last chance. Help us fight Vivian and the rest of SRSIA, because she hurt her sister, my husband, my children, Evergreen, and because she hurt you.”

Mallory hesitated. She held her arm close to her chest, like she was still bracing herself for an attack. She looked up into her eyes, green locking with green. Ash had never been gentle, but just this once, she tried to give her a gentle smile.

Finally Mallory reached up and took her hand. Ash pulled her up, steadying her back and being careful not to aggravate any injuries. After double-checking to make sure it wasn’t bruised, Ash proudly clapped her on the shoulder, and Mallory smiled shakily before pulling her into a tight hug. She returned the embrace, closing her eyes in content. Truthfully, she had no idea how well the ESO would receive Mallory. But at least there, Vivian’s hold wouldn’t last —

A sharp pain pricked her shoulderblade.

Ash’s eyes shot open, gasping more from shock than from pain. She let go of Mallory, feeling around her shoulderblade before plucking a tranquilizer dart from her shoulderblade. Mallory’s expression betrayed no emotion.

“It was all really was a trick,” Ash breathed. She took a step toward Mallory, but the drug was already working its way through her system. “You little —“

- Mallory -

The mighty falls. When I set off to complete this mission, I thought I’d be smiling at this moment. But I can’t.

I rush forward to break Asheart’s fall. It’s the least I can do.

“Sure,” I whisper. “A trick.” But I had been begging. I really had been at her mercy, and Ash had enough humanity to extend it to me. But in the end, I knew that I could never be free from SRSIA. Vivian would pursue me relentlessly, and while Ash might have been kind, I doubted the rest of the ESO would show that same kindness. And so I repayed Ash by putting Mundee’s dart in her back. I betrayed her just like I betrayed everyone else.

I put a hand over my mouth and close my eyes, attempting to stymie any sobs as I kneel by her unconscious form. I’m so, so sorry.

But I can’t be. I made my choice. I’m in too deep with SRSIA, so I have to stick with them. If I have to be a SRSIA agent, then I must play the part.

Any threat of crying subsides. I wipe at my eyes, drying any burgeoning tears. I free Ash’s communicator from her belt and open a line to the ESO. I’m not sure who exactly she contacted for reinforcements, but whoever it is, I’m speaking to them.

“Don’t come after us.” My voice is still hoarse, raw after the onslaught of emotion. I sound too weak, too pathetic. I take a deep breath, blotting out any remorse I have. “Don’t come after us,” I say again, and this time, it sounds less like a dire warning, and a lot more like a threat. “Unless, of course, you want to be next.”

I shut the line off, deciding not to add anything else even if I get a response. I stand up and look down at SRSIA’s new prisoner.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Damsel by Elena K. Arnold
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:45 pm

~Flavio~

I shrugged. Didn't really have any questions, plus the sooner we got this done, the better. I still couldn't help but feel a little... on edge about the situation. Which just raises the question: why am I coming along in the first place?

Because, deep down, you care about the ESO. Because you know your aunt was right about you all along. I shrugged the voice off. The last thing I needed right now was self-realization. There was a job to do.

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:08 pm

~Kdin~

"None from me, let's do this!" I said with a grin, Jojo nodding enthusiastically from beside me.

When witches are riding, and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers, "Tis near Halloween."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:54 pm

"I guess it's the diplomatic team for me." Lei Ming mentioned quietly and aloud, but realized the topic had moved on, and kept listening.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:56 pm

- Levi -

I gave Valkov a ressauring clap on the back, grinning at the blooming confidence on his face. Maybe this whole sketchy situation would work out after all.

---

On top of the academy, a helicopter was descending. The whole situation was reminiscent of our midterm exams, which sent a chill of embarrassment through my body. I was also slightly apprehensive about boarding another helicopter, considering what tricks the leaders pulled; but I knew that this situation was much more serious and required me to overlook that fact.

"Don't get too comfortable," Valkov instructed as we boarded. "It's a short trip."

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 pm

~Jojo~

I pulled myself into the helicopter, quickly finding and seat and yanking my backpack forward. I rummaged through my stuff as everyone else got on, making sure I had everything I need.

"This one gonna stay in the air?" Kdin teased as he stepped in, grinning before he heard Valkov and gave a little salute, "Yessir."

When witches are riding, and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers, "Tis near Halloween."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:19 pm

Lei Ming smiled at Valkov as she boarded the helicopter, but looked away quickly, following somewhere behind Kdin. She sat down next to Jojo, pressing her knees together so that she would take up as little space as possible. She felt her nerves prickling, but tried to ignore it.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Xavier took a seat in the helicopter, among the other members of the non-diplomatic team. He stared emptily into space, his mind too addled to comprehend his surroundings.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:38 pm

- Annika -

I wait for the others to get on board before I do. When I’m sure I’m the last one, I drift over to Valkov. I’m doing this so I can support him, but I imagine he’ll feel that support more if I actually talk to him. “Are you ready for this?”

- Travis -

Harriet paces the hallway. It’s never a good sign when she paces. “Mom was supposed to call us fifteen minutes ago.”

“Relax,” I say, not looking up as I browse the apps on my phone. “She might just be running late. She is the tardy sort of person.”

Harriet bites her lip, but she doesn’t say anything else.

~ ~ ~

There was a crackling in the air, and then someone ran out. After that, he heard someone snarl, “Oh, you shithead. You can’t run from me!”

He might be groggy, and his head might have hurt like hell. But for what felt like the first time in ages, Ace Underwood was awake enough to recognize his wife’s voice.

“Ash?” He mumbled, opening his eyes.

As soon as he’d heard her, she was gone. He heard clatter and crashing just down the hall, and there was no doubt she was involved with that. “Ash,” Ace rasped again, his voice hoarse from disuse. It was no use. He’d have to come find her himself.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Damsel by Elena K. Arnold
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 104 of 105 Previous  1 ... 53 ... 103, 104, 105  Next