FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]

Page 1 of 106 1, 2, 3 ... 53 ... 106  Next

Go down

Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]

Post by Hime on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:37 pm

JANUARY 2nd, 2021
beginning of the second term

EVERGREEN ACADEMY -- 9:00 am

- Levi -

Evergreen Academy is on a protected ESO island. What does that mean? It means that it’s too dangerous for us to leave; and THAT sentiment roughly translates to: “Surprise! You guys barely get a Christmas break!” Though, we should be grateful to be in such a safe place… I guess.

I sat down at one of the dining hall tables, ripping open a package from my mother. Inside was a folded note and a pair of socks with cartoon cats printed all over them.

‘Merry Christmas, rybka! I miss you so! Keep your feet warm this winter & don’t catch a cold!
Mama’

With a sigh, I held up the socks, grimacing. That was the absolute perfect moment for Ren Valkov to walk by.

“Oh, Levi!” my squad leader teased with a wide and impish smile. “Gonna wear those during the midterm this afternoon?” He didn’t stop to hold a conversation, but opted to take his bowl of oatmeal and walk away with a giggle.

Embarrassment seized me. “Mu’dak,” I insulted under my breath, getting up to make myself a waffle.

- Sadie -

My forehead was flat on the table as I was sweating bullets. The midterm was today? I could have sworn it was tomorrow!

“You’ve been like this for ten minutes straight,” Avenir commented from beside me, his mouth full. “Aren’t you gonna eat?”

“I can’t eat!” I snapped at him, stress tears in my eyes. “I could die today!”

He simply stared at me, taking a slow bite of his toast. “If you say so.”

“Leave the poor girl alone, Avenir.” Camari’s silky voice came from behind me. “You know how stressed she gets.”

At the sight of the lovely Romanian, he seemed to drool, stars glittering in his eyes. “I’m always willing to give relaxing massages if you ever need one!” he offered, wiggling his fingers with a bright grin on his face.

She sighed, evidently unimpressed. “I’ll pass.”

The German’s smile didn’t falter, however. He gingerly placed his hands on my shoulders. “I suppose Sadie will appreciate my magical touch, hm?”

I heard a fierce slap. “Don’t try it!” Camari scolded.

“Why do you hurt me in this way?” Avenir sobbed.

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Re: Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:44 pm

- Mallory -

Vivian puts the full force of her arm into her slap.

My cheek stings, and I keep my eyes down. When I first arrived at the SRSIA base after the attack, I would fight back, insist that I deserved none of this. I didn't deserve to be locked up like some prisoner, I didn't deserve to receive only one meal a day -- as though SRSIA was only giving me the bare minimum to stay alive.

The reality is, I do deserve this. The SRSIA gave me fifteen thousand soldiers, and I blew it. Grandmother put her trust in me, and I broke it. It's only fair that the SRSIA make an example of me.

I feel her eyes on me, assessing my damages like she would a broken weapon. I see her surveying my skinny, pale frame, my chapped lips, and the burgeoning black eye she dealt yesterday. She seizes my chin, and I make no effort to resist as she digs her nails into my cheeks, turning my face to the side, inspecting it from every angle. She lets go with a sigh.

"Beating you brings me scant satisfaction," she says. "You are my granddaughter, after all." That's the first I've heard any semblance of sympathy from her since September. But as soon as it appears, as soon as I get my hopes up, it's gone. "I just don't know what to do with you. You're useless. Your time as a spy in Evergreen is up, everyone in the ESO knows your name, and just look at your condition. You're not what you once were."

You say this like you weren't the one who starved me. I don't dare say that out loud. I shouldn't have even thought that. At the end of the day, Vivian's right -- I deserve no sympathy from SRSIA.

But that doesn't mean I don't want this to end. This has been my life for months, and it's high time I make amends. Think, Mallory, think. What would make her happy? What does Vivian want?

"I'll capture Asheart." My voice may be hoarse, but this is the first time I'm brave enough to meet Vivian's eyes. She raises an eyebrow, scoffing.

"I'm serious," I say. "You want revenge for your daughter and son-in-law, my parents. I think it's about time you got it. Let me help you -- "

"How am I supposed to trust you when you have failed repeatedly?"

"I won't fail. Just give me two weeks, maybe a few SRSIA resources, and then I'll -- "

"One week, and no SRSIA resources."

My eyes widen. "Bu-But I thought you wanted Asheart."

"I also don't trust you," Vivian snaps. "The SRSIA already offered a generous amount of troops to you. We put our faith in you, and it was misplaced. We will not make that same mistake.”

My pulse quickens, throbbing at my temple and wrists. “But she’s one of the most dangerous ESO agents alive. How am I supposed to get her without any sort of help?”

“I don’t know, this was your idea.” Vivian steps closer. “Figure it out, Requiem. Because if you don’t . . . if you fail one more time . . .” She narrows her eyes. “Then we at SRSIA will make you more efficient.”

I can’t tell if she’s referring to Madi’s SRSIA conditioning or to SRSIA prison camps. Both options nearly make me tremble right here in my boots.

“Either that, or we’ll just dispose of you on the spot.” Vivian waves her hand dismissively, turning on her heel and exiting my room. “Depends on what mood I’m in. You have one week.”

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm

-Andy-

"Levi!" I called from across the dining hall as I balanced a notebook I knew I had little intention of reviewing in one hand and a plate of fruit in the other. Walking up to him, I eyed his socks with interest. Taking a bite of melon from my plate, I held my fork and pointed at the socks.

"I really would have pegged you as more of a dog person," I said with a smile before I skewed a strawberry and bit into it. Christmas alone from my family had been hard, especially because it meant my parents had to invent a string of lies to explain my absences to all the talk show hosts now that my father's inauguration was mere weeks away. News might not travel as fast on the island as it does in DC but that piece had certainly made it here.

-Tae Hee-

I walked into the dining hall; my hair pulled back into an impeccable braid down my soft navy sweater. Sauntering around the dining hall, I held my tawny colored leather handbag close to my side. Although it was completely frivolous, it gave me a much-needed sense of composure before the midterm.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:07 pm

~Kdin~

I groaned at all the talk about the midterm and buried my head in my arms.  I always sucked at tests when I was in school and I really did not want to fail one here. Hopefully it was going to be something like those simulations we did at the beginning of the year and not a written test, but I was still freaking out a little. I hadn't even eaten my breakfast but my coffee cup was sitting empty in front of me. If anything I would be awake for this damn thing.

~Marie~

"Oh, it'll be alright Sadie," I tried to reassure her with a small smile, "I'm sure you'll do fine!"

"Heck yeah! We've been through way worse than a midterm, what could go wrong?" Jojo asked with a grin.

Anzeti was sitting a ways down the table but I saw his head tilt slightly as his eyes narrowed. He looked hesitant to speak but finally asked, "What is a...midterm?"

~Dimitri~
My motorcycle rumbled as I pulled off onto the side of the road, turning the key and ripping off my helmet as I pulled in deep breaths of the night air. I yanked my flask out of my pocket and took a long swig. I was already starting to get shaky and I did not need that right now.

Dammit I had to be getting close to the boat by now, right? I had been driving for days now just trying to get to…to get to…

Evergreen! Had to get to Evergreen and tell them about…Shaun! OH FUCK SHAUN.

Groaning I shoved my flask back into my pocket, pushed my helmet back on, and took off on my bike again towards the water.

This is the Legend of
DELTA RUNE
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 pm

- Levi -

"I am," I answered Andy with a curt laugh, putting the socks back into the package. "I hate cats. Guess they were out of dog socks at..."

I retrieved them to check the tag.

"...Old Navy."

With that, I changed the subject, resting my cheek on my hand as I smiled at my friend and teammate. "Ready for this exam?" God knows what it'll be.

- Avenir -

"It's a test, I think," I answered the Egyptian guy who thought he was a god off-handedly. "Like... A middle test. Ya know?"

"A middle test," Camari repeated, sounding dumbfounded.

"...Yes, and?"

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:23 pm

- Travis -

“Wow,” Harriet calls as we enter the dining room, passing by a close-knit group sitting together at a table. “So eloquent, Avenir.”

I chuckle in an attempt to lighten the mood just a bit from her comment. The moment Harriet came back to Evergreen after being on the run, I’ve been relieved to have her, and have been sticking close by her ever since. But though she’s still usually kind, she’s also a little . . . Different. A little more intense, and a little more sarcastic to people she doesn’t like.

“It’s pretty much an assessment to see where you’re at before the big final test, you know?” I say.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Jess took a seat near the middle of the room, disregarding wherever anybody else was setting, and set her plate of bacon, eggs, and sausage in front of her. She looked around the room, raising the brim of her hat slightly to do so, to see if there were any especially interesting people in the room. Particularly cute little ladies.
Eh, they'll turn up eventually.

Slightly disappointed, she went back to her food, spearing a sausage with her fork and taking a bite out of it.

---

How long have I been here? Hours? Days?

Most likely it had been minutes, but Xavier couldn't know that. The strain of Evergreen had begun to get to him- the school itself wasn't so bad, but whatever it was they were making him take was a whole different story. Shortly after he had started taking them, he developed a pseudo-immunity- they kept working, but he became aware they were working. The wrench they had thrown into his inner machinations had become painfully obvious, and ever since he'd had to endure the torture of feeling his mind wander and stop at the worst moments. The perception of time had been the first to go.

As it had stood, he was now sitting in the dining hall, staring off into space with a half-finished waffle on his plate.
What if I stopped taking them? Could I hide it? What if they put it in-
His mind fizzled, the train of thought ending and floating away in the breeze before he could complete. He lowered his head, knowing that he had just thought of something important and lost it.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:06 pm

-Andy-

"I guess that all depends on what it turns out to be. I can't imagine they'll make us take a written exam after everything we've done. I really haven't prepared for that," I said gesturing down at my unopened notebook to emphasis my point. Popping a blueberry into my mouth, I chewed it for a moment before speaking again.

"What about you? Prepared to jump out of a helicopter for the second time this year?"

-Tae Hee-

I settled down at one of the tables, arranging all of my books and notebooks in front of me and setting my bag down at my side. Moving them ever so slightly until they were all lined up, I opened up the first book in front of me and began to read.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Fix-It on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:15 pm

~ Dollie ~
Realization hits me as I step into the dining hall. I'm totally gonna fail this midterm thing, huh? I sink into a slouch. I can't even name one test that i've passed before, not legitimately that is. Why would this one be any exception? Why must I be cursed this way?

I stack some eggs on my plate, a frown still on my face. I turn to sit down at a table, but instead, I trip over the air and hurl towards the surface at an alarming speed. My forehead slams onto the edge and the rest of me follows to the floor. Why even bother getting up? Maybe I should just stay here on the ground. If I pretend to pass out maybe they'll exempt me! I rub the bump on my head with an open palm.

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

https://lesbianfroggy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Arthur wasn't as nervous about the midterm as he probably should have been. If he was honest, training had become monotonous, and it didn't feel as though it was allowing them to improve in any way. His aim with a handgun was near impeccable by this point, and he had become rather decent at holding his own in a fist fight - not as good as Kdin, of course.

Speaking of the boyfriend, Arthur brought his teacup and saucer and sat down in the chair closest to Kdin. Seeing his distress, but being unable to place it immediately, Arthur ventured to run a hand over Kdin's vibrant red hair.

"What's wrong, love?"

~~~~~~~

Ryuu's plate was packed with his favorite breakfast food - waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs - and sat down in his normal corner. Zipping up his outer jacket, he started eating, not bothering to look up at anyone. Midterms were today, and even though he could admit that he was deadly as a sniper, he still had no hand-to-hand combat skills to speak of. He was probably gonna fail. And he wasn't sure what happened to failures, but he figured they were taken to a special room and shot between the eyes.

~~~~~~~

Lei Ming rubbed at her eyes, making her way across the dining room towards the food, waving at the students she knew. She made herself a cup of coffee, and took some orange juice and toast as well so she's have something on her stomach for when the midterm rolled around. In the meantime, she smoothed over her ink-colored hair, having skipped brushing it.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 106 1, 2, 3 ... 53 ... 106  Next