FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Yesterday at 11:36 pm by Acheron

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:08 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:46 am by WritingBookworm

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 pm by WritingBookworm

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 pm by ~Dylan Battle~

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:02 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» [rp thread] Danmachi
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» ✮ app thread ✮ Danmachi
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:32 pm by Ace

» A Tired Hiatus
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:09 pm by Captain Whitehawk

January 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 84 of 86 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 83, 84, 85, 86  Next

Go down

Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Annie's temperament began to shift when saw Isabelle crying. While she was somewhere between fearing and loathing Slade, she couldn't deny that Isabelle's situation was not all unlike her own with Leonard. Was she about to witness what had happened to her again? Slade had once been a substitute Leonard for Annie as well, and she couldn't help but feel conflicted knowing that Slade was also Leonard's killer.

Before she could decide if the situation was justified or not, the car had screeched to a halt and Tristen and Lance were outside.
"We're jeopardizing the mission!" She yelled, trying to back Lucille and Gretchen up. "We can't afford this kind of risk!"

---

They... they came back for me?

Determined not to let his emotions overtake him in the short window he had, Slade kicked into action. The fiery glow in the monster's eyes faded away, and for a moment, it seemed as if he had perished. Then, steam began to hiss from Daikaiju's back, and a smoldering chunk of flesh launched into the air like the door on an escape hatch. Slade's human form emerged from the steaming, exposed wound in the monster's spine, covered in smoking blood and white strings of nerves hanging from his head and neck.

The first noise he heard from his own ears was that of another mortar explosion, this time from behind him. Frantically, he extended an arm toward Caroline- he was so weak that the arm felt like it weighed a hundred pounds, and he knew for a fact he wouldn't be able to walk on his own.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:28 pm

"Best case scenario, we bring the Institute an ASDOM agent with abilties we can't control or contain and pray to god he doesn't escape and tell his friends even more secrets," Gretchen didn't bother looking outside the window, deciding Tristen and Lance weren't worth it at that exact moment, "and worst case, Lance gets recaptured making the whole reason we risked our lives and the recon mission to begin with ultimately pointless, and/or Tristen gets captured and held for randsom against the ISO because her dad is a Guardian." She sighed again, this time a lot less angry and a lot more tired, "How am I doing?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:45 pm

- Lucille -

“Yeah,” I mutter to Gretchen, but doesn’t help to calm my nerves. Her description of the best and worst case scenarios do nothing, either, and I look through the rearview window, trying to get a glimpse of Lance, and for a second, I actually seriously consider going out in the fray just to make sure he’s safe.

- Caroline -

I nearly sob with relief once the two others come. We’re not going to die!

“Come on,” I say to Slade, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the monster’s skin. I sling his arm across my shoulders, and though I’m generally a strong girl, Slade is both very heavy and very weak, putting the brunt of weight on me. That’s absolved once the white-haired boy comes and takes his other arm, sharing his weight with me. “Tristen, cover!” he shouts. “Now!”

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Iliad by Homer
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Gretchen felt the most recent spike of adrenaline from her anger continue to slowly fade. It wasn't that her fury had vanished, but all her remaining emotional energy was draining after using so much of her physical energy in combat. She looked over at Lucille, head still resting on the seat, and watched her look over her shoulder at the scuffle outside.

"Luc," she said quietly, "do you want to go help Lance? Be honest."
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:01 pm

"Use the body as cover!" Slade rasped, bobbing his head slightly towards the corpse of the monster as they stepped off of it. "It'll keep for a few minutes."
Slade's skin was incredibly warm to the touch, as were the monster's scales, but both were cooling. As Daikaiju's carcass cooled, great clouds of steam billowed off of it, providing a smoke barrier- but the corpse itself was disintegrating as well, great chunks of blackened flesh falling off and crumbling into ash as bullets hit the body.

---

Hope had return to Isabelle's face- she had it almost pressed against the glass window, staring intently at the events outside.
"Oh please, please, bring him back here..." she whispered desperately.

---

Annie sat silently, waiting for Lucille's answer. If she decided to help Lance, the blonde had decided that she would accompany her, even if she couldn't do much.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:30 pm

- Lucille -

I do consider that. But Lance and a black-haired girl start to emerge, a haggard Slade in tow. Just the sight of him makes me harden. “They’ll be fine.”

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Gretchen's mouth almost twitched into a smirk for a half second, before she nodded in acceptance at Lucille's answer.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:43 am

@Comrade Squid wrote:Annie's temperament began to shift when saw Isabelle crying. While she was somewhere between fearing and loathing Slade, she couldn't deny that Isabelle's situation was not all unlike her own with Leonard. Was she about to witness what had happened to her again? Slade had once been a substitute Leonard for Annie as well, and she couldn't help but feel conflicted knowing that Slade was also Leonard's killer.

Before she could decide if the situation was justified or not, the car had screeched to a halt and Tristen and Lance were outside.
"We're jeopardizing the mission!" She yelled, trying to back Lucille and Gretchen up. "We can't afford this kind of risk!"

---

They... they came back for me?

Determined not to let his emotions overtake him in the short window he had, Slade kicked into action. The fiery glow in the monster's eyes faded away, and for a moment, it seemed as if he had perished. Then, steam began to hiss from Daikaiju's back, and a smoldering chunk of flesh launched into the air like the door on an escape hatch. Slade's human form emerged from the steaming, exposed wound in the monster's spine, covered in smoking blood and white strings of nerves hanging from his head and neck.

The first noise he heard from his own ears was that of another mortar explosion, this time from behind him. Frantically, he extended an arm toward Caroline- he was so weak that the arm felt like it weighed a hundred pounds, and he knew for a fact he wouldn't be able to walk on his own.
~Silverwave~

James cleared his throat at Annie and the others. "Excuse me. You all jeopardized this mission the moment you stepped foot in that base. I'm glad we rescued one of our own," he glanced over at Lance, "But you did have direct orders from the Institute to perform recon only. At this point, none of you have much room to be criticizing others when you literally did the same not that long ago."

A heavy vehicle rolled up, with a turret mounted on top. With a swing of his hand, Silverwave sent the car flying into the air, bringing it down onto two other cars. They collided with a deafening crash, sending shrapnel everywhere. Without missing a beat, he continued speaking. "The second everyone gets back inside this car, we're leaving for the Institute once more."

~Tristen~

A spray of bullets and mortars flew towards Slade and Caroline. I held out my hand, stopping them all at once. Adrenaline surged through my veins, though with how much force I've been exerting this mission I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold.

A destroyed pick-up slid towards us, sparks bursting from the asphalt as it made its way towards us. "Here," I shouted. "Slade, Caroline, get your asses over here now!"

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:26 am

- Lucille -

“What else were we supposed to . . . “ But I drop it, knowing I can’t think of any argument that will win any favors with him. I look down. “Fine.”

- Caroline -

The order from the redhead gets me to run faster. I instinctively duck when I hear a soldier fire a bullet, and I dig my fingers into the collar of Slade’s shirt.

“Right here!” The haired boy swings into a car, sliding into the backseat before reaching up to help Slade inside. There’s a girl who looks a lot like the white-haired boy who looks relieved when the boy comes in only to tense up when she sees Slade. Beyond her, there are two other girls I don’t recognize, as well as Isabelle and Michelle Norman, and I feel relief at seeing them safe.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Gretchen scowled at the back of Silverwave's head, half in annoyance and half in confusion. Well, if you didn't want us to go, you could've just, I don't know, been the adult and stopped us. God, Professor Beckwith is the only one of you who teaches shit and we aren't even his students!
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 84 of 86 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 83, 84, 85, 86  Next