FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 3:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» A Tired Hiatus
Yesterday at 6:21 am by Adrian

» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:27 pm by WritingBookworm

» ✮ app thread ✮ Danmachi
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am by LuciusCypher

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:02 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» « Asphodel »
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 pm by Hime

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am by Lady Senbonzakura

December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 78 of 82 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next

Go down

Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:08 pm

- Caroline -

I yelp when Slade picks me up, and I lower my head and shut my eyes as the rubble falls around us, wishing I could cover myself with my arms. But there’s no need for that — Slade’s protective skin is more than enough to shield me from the rubble. Upon realizing this, my heart slows, beating more steadily.

Once he puts me down, I strain toward the fallen ASDOM soldier, feeling around his waist for a keyring. I snatch one from his belt buckle and insert it into the handcuffs, fiddling around before freeing myself. I snatch the rifle, firing off a few shots at the one holding the rocket launcher. I tilt my head all the way back in order to see his face from up high. “We need to go!”

“You’re not in trouble,” Waller told Britney, though the way she said it made it less of a comfort and more like a fact. She sent another handful of ISO agents down the hall to pursue Arabella and the students, keeping two agents with her as a personal guard. “You, Superalloy, on the other hand, will not be put in charge of any Harwell’s mission again.”

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:28 pm

The rocket launcher soldier fell to the ground dead. The others raised their rifles to open fire.
Don't you dare! Before they could shoot Caroline, Slade stretched his jaws and spewed out a stream of fire, burning some to cinders and sending the remainder into a hasty tactical retreat. The screams of the ones that were hit were short-lived, and the monster looked onto the carnage in horror and immediate regret.
I've got to stop doing that.
To heck with it- they were going to kill Caroline, after all. Slade couldn't let them do that.

When Caroline issued her command, he looked down, his gargantuan and beastly frame towering over her. He nodded, giving a quick grunt in understanding, before stepping around her and maneuvering to one of the building's remaining three sides.

---

Eric couldn't believe his ears. He raised an eyebrow. "What?" Anger began to surge inside him.
"Are you implying I haven't been doing a good job?" He asked with contempt.

Britney smirked when she saw Eric react to his demotion, though she stifled it quickly.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm

- Caroline -

I nearly drop the gun, gawking at the soldier who’d dropped to the ground. He’s dead. I didn’t mean to kill him!

There isn’t time to think about that anymore. I run along with Slade, returning fire when necessary, and take cover around the other side of the building.

The Director arched an eyebrow. “On the contrary. I’m not implying you didn’t do a good job. I’m factually telling you that you did not do a good job.”

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Slade curled his tail not too far in front of Caroline, trying to give her ample cover if the ASDOM soldiers opened fire. There was a considerable amount, some of which with mounted weapons- worse, an armored vehicle began to drive around the other corner, and it was considerably armed.

---

Eric stammered for a moment- he couldn't believe me.
"Okay, so it's my fault that I get put up with these sorry retards who can't even wipe their own asses?"

"All you did was bark orders and run into trouble!" Britney shouted before remembering that she should stay out of it.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:38 am

- Caroline -

“By the way, I got your family out,” I say. “I don’t know if they made it out, but . . .”

I lose my voice when I see ASDOM forces closing in. Either way, we could die. Well, I could die. Slade could probably survive. Either way, it doesn’t look good, and I look up to him.

Waller waited for him to finish his tirade before speaking again, holding a hand up at Britney. “That was not your fault. What was your fault was your recklessness and the way you lost contact with the ISO. You were the one who had the radio, and you lost it in the struggle, leaving the ISO in the dark. I’d hoped you’d learned some humility after the incident at the Christmas resort, but you still do not treat your teammates with the respect they deserved. Even now, you attempted to pin the blame for the mission on someone else instead of taking responsibility as a leader should. As a result, Martin is on the loose, one student is absent, and another is gravely wounded.” Her voice rose with a faint hint of anger when speaking of her daughter, the only break in her otherwise monotonous tone. She adjusted her glasses, and she was back to business as usual. “Is there any part of my assessment you disagree with? If so, please state your reasoning.”

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Slade nodded in understanding.
I wish I could tell you how wrong I was about you... how much I appreciate you.

The APC's turret swiveled around as it prepared to open fire. Slade, thinking quickly, reached over and grabbed a parked ASDOM patrol jeep- crushing it in his claw slightly before hurling it at the enemy vehicle, hitting it squarely and damaging it.

---

"What's going on up there, Tristen?" Annie shouted up the hatch as the building's rumbling subsided- an intense bout had just occurred, and while it had calmed, she didn't feel comfortable being inside. "I can hear gunfire!"

---

Eric stammered for a moment, before his face contorted with rage.
"I disagree with all of it, you stupid whore! Where was the backup when we needed it? Your Dallas headquarters was 5 minutes away! How can you possibly know what you're doing?"

Having said his piece, he stormed out of the room, walking past the ISO guards and into the empty lobby.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:12 pm

The Baptist

"Yes, I ..."  Could he ask for any more?  No.  Not today.  Russell wasn't happy with him after this confession, and he doubted he could twist the Guardian's arm any further in matters of security.  "I know."

He'd have to do it himself.  "If there's anything I can do, Russell, please ... please tell me."

Thanatos

"Foolish of you," he said, but he hoped she was right.  The itch was almost unbearable now.  He found himself shoving his hands in his pockets to keep them occupied.  The kid was so vulnerable and easy, he could replace her, he could kill her and slap her blood on the walls like a painting.  In a minute, he could disappear with another kill under his belt and another try on the horizon.  He could do this game over and over again.  The kill count would rise higher and higher.

No, no.  Patience.  He wasn't here for a kid.  He was here for her.  His eyes took in the street, the warehouse.

Distantly, a figure.  A grin took his features, excitement knocking his chest to rock with the beat of his undead heart.  It was time.  It was time it was time it was time.

Did ya win, son?

"We should get back to the group," I say, mom senses tingling.  "Umbrella or whatever is gone, we've got NASA here, there's nothing more for us to do."  

I don't want to miss this.  "Just -- bring him back?  I need to make sure everything else is okay."  I pat Tampon Man's shoulder, tell him not to be a douche and be nice, we're stressed, and then run for it.  I wait for myself to be past the edge of their sight, down the next hallway, another away and then --

I imagine the lobby Eric is in.  I imagine there's a hallway on the left side, and I place myself there and skeeter out of it and into the lobby to catch up with him.  

"Woah, woah woah!"  I say.  "Is everyone okay?  Are you okay?  Where's everybody else?"

sᴇᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅs, ᴀʟʟ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏsᴛ.

ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴᴅᴇʀɪɴɢ ɪs ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀ ʙᴇɢɪɴs.

Captain Whitehawk
Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:17 pm

~Vincent~

"Why does she always go off like that?" I muttered out loud.

~Octarine~

"Beats me," I said. "Maybe she's a ghost."

I know you're not a ghost, Tor. You're a demon, which is way cooler. But I wasn't about to tell Vincent that because his extradimensional head would explode. Anyways, Adrian decided that we had enough walking, so a few seconds later we were back in the robo-smashy-fight room. I don't know what it's called.

I do know that Waller was here along with some other ISO dudes, and she didn't look happy. But she never looks happy so I wasn't too shaken.

"One homicidal superhuman, served hot and fresh!" I introduced to the Director, patting Black Hole on the shoulder.

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:41 am

"Buzz off," Eric replied as he walked past Tor, not interested in talking. "They're in the showroom." He found a set of stairs leading up to the second floor of the building and sat down on the first step, looking miserable.

---

Black Hole was unfettered by the presence of the ISO.
"Hello, Director," he greeted calmly in a monotone.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:52 pm

~Riada~

I took a breath, locked eyes with Adair, and nodded. I reached back into my bag and took out a stack of little metal sheets, jumping from behind the wall and tossing them out towards the gunmen. They were surprised and started to fire at me but I disappeared before they could hit me. I popped up from one of the sheets, decking the closest dude in the face before fading away again.

~Adair~

Seeing that Riada already set up our new attack strategy I looked back to the others, “Ok let’s move.”

With that I dissapeared as well and started moving through the web of reflections we had created.

Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 82 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next