FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 2:10 am by Adrian

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Yesterday at 5:16 pm by Comrade Squid

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Yesterday at 3:48 pm by Sal

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Yesterday at 3:45 pm by Sal

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» [PROMO THREAD] Asphodel
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:39 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am by ~Dylan Battle~

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am by Adrian

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 72 of 77 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 77  Next

Go down

Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Divinity is the Epitome of Humanity

"Tampons are great at absorbing blood and as you can see --" I gesture up and down. "-- this man has been shot a few times. Though if you could find me an ambulance and a licensed medical professional I would be forever grateful." I pat Black Hole's shoulder. "How are ya feeling, Astroboy?"

I side-eye Octarine, lingering a little on her lips -- what? I'm sorry. Girls are pretty. "Why do you say that? Because I keep doing shit like this?"

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 pm

~Octarine~

"Well," I muttered, staring into my reflection. "I mean. It seems like you're bound by the rules of only one person. I'm bound by two of them."

~Vincent~

"An ambulance? And a licensed medical professional?" I asked, looking around. "At this time of day? In this part of the city? Localized entirely within this garage?"

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm

~Riada~

"On it," I said, scanning the side of the road. I spotted the dirt path they were talking about and turned slowly onto it, eyebrows pulling together in confusion, "Wait..."

"Isn't this the way to Father's first factory?" Adair asked, the same confused expression on his face, "The one that nearly burned down?"

"That's what I was thinking," I muttered, the car rocking slightly on the uneven path.

"I didn't think anyone else knew about it," Adair said, still staring out the window.

When witches are riding, and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers, "Tis near Halloween."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm

"Alive," Black Hole replied, apparently unfettered by Tor's ability to duplicate. His whole body stiffened when he heard a familiar voice coming rom the garage- his own voice, to be exact.
"My car!" He suddenly exclaimed, feebly attempting to stand up.

---

"7, 6, 5..."

Arabella paused- her foot was on the ignition, ready to take off as soon as the engines warmed up. But what cabbage-head had said made her curious.
"Who do you mean by 'they'?" She inquired, speaking to them from another speaker on the outside of the vehicle. "Humor me. I'm curious."

---

Annie looked at Gretchen with confusion.
"You mean Silverwave and the others? Or are there more?"

---

Isabelle turned around without missing a beat, grabbing Michelle by the arm before sprinting down the hallway as quickly as she could.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:49 pm

~Octarine~

I smirked. "You wouldn't understand. Don't you have a supervillain orgy to go attend? Maybe a Scientology dinner that you're speaking at?"

~Vincent~

I stepped in front of him. "No, you're not going anywhere. We're offering you a chance to turn things around here. If I were you, I'd take it."

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Oh come on, lads

"Do you have a phone?" I ask the blinking boy. "Can you use it? That's what I'm asking." I pat the man's shoulders down. "Sir, you've been greviously injured, please remain calm. My other me and another superhuman are thinking very deeply about your car, I'm sure."

I furrow my brows and force Arabella's window to roll down, both layers of it.
"Technically I have an entire pantheon breathing down my neck," I say to the two of them. "It gets complicated."

I redirect my attention to the car. How does one stop a space-skipping high-tech intergalactic vehicle? I think of the spaces and times beyond this one, all the hypotheticals, the probability of a multiverse and a void and alternate universes and an in-between between all the betweens, the places I could go and have invented or know I have existed within at one point or another in a dreamworld or elsewhere. Do I pull in something else to stop this? Do I give myself every ounce of power I need to do it manually? If I keep power in an object that works under a set of rules, that leaves the power in an object. If I give the power to myself, I have to build myself up to it every time. Sounds tiring. Exhausting, really, for someone with low energy and a mental illness trifecta.

I'm taking too long. How do I keep the car here?

I imagine it much as a gel, a shimmery streak of forest green that slides over every wall in the garage, coating it in a thick film. It would be gelatinous, if only it could be touched. In the magic of a fair-haired people several universes away, it's the inverse of a shield, a ward, a wall: it's a set of locks, a game of keepaway, a barrier that keeps everything in and everything else out. Were I to slam up against it, I would bounce back. Were someone to touch the outside, it'd be impermeable.

My hands raise to my eye sockets, pressing beneath my brows to hold the headache in. I picture more layers to it: interdimensionally impermeable, magically resistant, unbreakable, unchangeable, not as long as I held it. The process feels much like how I dream: so long as I understand this thing that I have created to be one-hundred percent real and infallible, it will keep.

"If you try to drive into this," I say, closing my eyes so I don't have to look at her through the blur of lights taking my vision, "you'll bounce right back and probably break the car, so please don't."

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:09 pm

~Vincent~

A phone. Yes, a phone...

My head pulsed slightly as the room around me seemed to shift. Ignoring it - or trying to, anyways - I pulled out my phone.

If the authorities get here, and Arabella is gone, we're going to look so bad. But I didn't really see any other way forward. I dialed 911.

~Octarine~

Well, this situation is impossible, surely. Good thing I deal with that as well. I held my breath as I reached out to whatever Tor was summoning - her paradoxical shield. My form began to flicker, as if I was a projection losing signal, as I helped her solidify the ward.

Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 pm

John may have offered to pay for a plane, but Nightwatcher didn’t need a plane when he had a teleporter. He briskly thanked the superhuman that had brought him here and entered the behemoth of the corporate building.

He already knew where to find John. He pressed a button on the elevator, looking through the glass at the several floors as he ascended. The elevator pinged when he reached the top floor, and he forgoed any conversation with the secretary to march straight to the Baptist’s office. He knocked on the door.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Damsel by Elena K. Arnold
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Whitehawk on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 pm

The Baptist

"Sir, there's a breach at the front door --" The phone on his desk buzzed with the voice of his secretary. "Sir, we're calling security, he's --"

He saw a red flight flicker over his doorway, the beginnings of security protocol. His hand found the intercom button on his desk and he spoke quickly. "Stand down, I know who's coming, he's not a threat."

"Insufficient security clearance, Guardians are not allowed --"

"He's a friend," he said. "I give him clearance. My apologies to the security team for scaring them."

He clicked on the lights for the room, revealing it for the well-decorated, corporate office it was. A collection of low armchairs gathered around a glass table, the windows overlooking New York were bulletproof and impeccably clean. The walls had certificates, hangings, cheery pictures of well-dressed men and women smiling together in front of a variety of Earth's prettiest locations. It was hard to believe that this was the office wherein both health and life could be bartered for and sold.

"Russell," the Baptist called, clicking another button that unlocked the door's security system, "you may come in."

Student Creator
Student Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Nightwatcher obliged, shutting the door behind him and assessing John. Not a month ago, he and Kitty had been unwrapping presents and drinking hot cocoa by a fireplace. They’d felt so at home with John then, but upon discovering he was alive, Nightwatcher could not say the same thing now.

“How long?” He chose to stuck with the basic facts for now, focusing on something less emotional and more concrete. “I want know how long you knew he was alive.”

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Damsel by Elena K. Arnold
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 77 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 77  Next