FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Page 37 of 81 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 59 ... 81  Next

Go down

Re: Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:42 pm

- Lucille -

The look on her face isn’t unfamiliar. It’s not a distant, dreamy look like most people get when they have an epiphany; if anything it seems more grounded, like she’s taking better note of the world around her. “Annie? What is it?”

- Valerie -

My mom’s voice comes, authoritive and unmistakable. “Yes. Go to the Grand Suite, two blocks north from your location.”

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:15 pm

~Riada~

It was weird to be back. Weirder that we weren’t even happy about it.

We walked down the familiar streets of the city, pretty much leading the group since we should know this place best.

Maxwell asks his question and I make eye contact with Adar. He had been walking beside me but also stayed close to Fiachra, looking calmer with him.

“I guess...our house?” I suggested, seeing my brother nod, “Probably the best place to start looking for leads.”

This is the Legend of
DELTA RUNE
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:22 pm

- Maxwell -

I nod. Should I offer my sympathies about their father? I simply don’t know if sympathy’s what they need right now, and I’ve never been good at giving it anyways. “That sounds like our best bet. Lead the way.”

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:21 am

~Octarine~

"Grand Suite? Hell yeah." I flexed my fingers, ready to kick back and enjoy some R & R - rest and reconnaissance.

~Vincent~

"Will we have to interrogate this Arabella lady directly? Or are we going to, I don't know, steal some top secret files?" I wasn't entirely clued in on this mission, and didn't want to do anything to screw it up.

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:44 am

"Well, if we're trying to salvage the ISO's reputation, breaking and entering looks better on television than torture does." Eric started walking down the street, leading the team to the hotel. "Arabella doesn't strike me as the type to crack under pressure, anyway. Sorta like you, Victor." He looked back and winked at Vincent.

On the way to the hotel, they passed another notable building- the ISO's Dallas department. The stone fence surrounding the building's perimeter had been defaced with a variety of graffiti. "MURDERERS", "DISBAND ISO", and "F--- WALLER" stood out among several others insults and slurs towards the organization.

---

Britney winced as they passed the fence.
Whatever's being said, looks like people are buying into it pretty hard...

---

Annie looked up at the others.
"Remember when I told you about my brother Leon? And what happened to him?" She asked, trying to avoid going into the painful specifics. "Well, the place he worked at was around here- like, really, really close."

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 pm

- Valerie -

I glare sharply at Eric after his comment about not breaking under torture to Vincent. Did he really need to remind him about St. Louis?

But as we go the hotel. My thoughts drift elsewhere. I cringe at the bright graffiti sprayed across the city, especially at "F--- WALLER." I wasn't in the news half as much as my mom -- she made a point of keeping them away from me -- but I still duck my head, not wanting to show my face to anyone after seeing so much ISO hatred here.

- Lucille -

"Oh no," I say quietly. "Why did Sl--ASDOM ever attack that place, anyways?"

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Gretchen listened to the conversation between Annie and Lucille - Annie hardly talked about her own life at all, much less about Leon.

~~~~~~~

Fiachra's eyebrows lifted without his permission.

We're going to Adair and Riada's house? I wish Lachtna was here.

~~~~~~~

Genesis wasn't really paying that much attention - she was still looking around at everything.

~~~~~~~

Lachtna followed the rest of the group, having no idea where the hotel was.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:15 pm

"Your guess is as good as mine."
Annie stood up and put her backpack on again. "Whatever it was, it was important enough that they decided to build a base nearby afterwards. For all I know, they might have rebuilt the research institute into the ASDOM base."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:33 pm

- Lucille -

"If that's a possibility, then we should check it out," I say. "See if we can find anything."

~ ~ ~

Akira let the employee open the door to the Head's office. He motioned for her to come inside, where the Head stood at her desk. Akira nodded to the employee, and he closed the door after her, leaving the two women alone.

She dipped her head toward her superior. "You sent for me, ma'am?"

"How many times have I told you there's no need to call me that, Akira?" Dana's voice was warm and welcoming, a kind of tone she reserved only for her. "You're like a daughter to me."

Akira's face flushed. "Right. Just too used to formalities." She paused, sparing a glance up. "If I may ask, how are you holding up?"

"What do you mean by that?" Dana sat down, and she took that as an invitation to sit down as well, sitting across from her on the desk. She untied the sword from her belt before she did, leaning it against the side of the chair. Guns might be more practical in this day and age, but she always felt more secure with her katana.

"I mean, your father died less than a month ago," she said. "One of the two casualties at the Christmas resort. I know your relationship with him . . . wasn't optimal." Akira understood the feeling. Her own relationship with her Headmistress of a parent wasn't optimal, either. It was what had made Dana Harwell sympathetic to her. "But he was still your father, wasn't he?"

Dana sighed. "I'm unsure what to feel," she admitted. She cleared her throat. "But this isn't about me. I called you in here because there's been a sighting of an ISO plane."

Akira's blood ran cold. "They can't know we're here, can they?"

"I hardly think their appearance is coincidental. The question isn't if they know we're here, but how we know they're here." Dana gave her a meaningful look. She scrunched her eyebrows, unsure of where she was getting at until it hit her.

Akira stood up and grabbed her sword. "Leave it to me. One way or another, he'll tell me how he contacted them."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:22 pm

"Well, we could try and look it up," Annie suggested, eyes drifting away as if her thoughts dwelt on something contrary to what she was saying. "See what happened to the property after the attack, right?"

Refocusing, she turned around held the binoculars up to her eyes, gazing towards distant mountains. "Or, we could go looking ourselves, and see what we find."

---

"Did they tell you?"

Stafford turned when she heard the voice addressing her. He was a fellow researcher, and a young man of thoroughly average features- more importantly, he was her dealer, of certain goods that she absolutely required. She raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Tell me what?"

"They've spotted an ISO plane in the city- they think someone's leaked the location of this base." The man took her by the shoulder and lead her into the break room. "Most of the others are guessing it's that Harwell's kid we woke up."

As they entered the break room, Stafford turned her head and took notice of Darwin in an adjacent hallway, entering the code for the secret research room. She instinctively scowled- at that point, just seeing him was enough to make her blood boil with anger and envy. She sat down, and redirected her attention to the man. "Are you supposed to be telling me this?"

The other researcher lit a cigarette and coolly placed it in his mouth. "The Head said it was Purple-clearance and above." He paused to take a puff. "That's us."

Stafford nodded in response, contemplating what he'd told her. "Well, I'm glad you did anyway. I'm starting to smell a rat. Or, more accurately..." She peered suspiciously at the door to the hallway, the one she'd just seen Darwin in, "...a monkey."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 81 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 59 ... 81  Next