FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 2:10 am by Adrian

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Yesterday at 5:16 pm by Comrade Squid

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Yesterday at 3:48 pm by Sal

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Yesterday at 3:45 pm by Sal

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» [PROMO THREAD] Asphodel
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:39 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am by ~Dylan Battle~

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am by Adrian

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Bloodwillow {RP THREAD}

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bloodwillow {RP THREAD}

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 pm

BLOODWILLOW

By Lady Senbonzakura and Comrade Squid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The thing was, everything was going so good.

Yesterday, Milton spent his day training with his sister, Kestrel. She claimed that he had no potential as a swordsman, but did have pretty decent aim at throwing knives. He was proud of that, and had spent the rest of the day practicing until he was so tired, his parents had allowed him to sleep between them. Just last night, he had fallen asleep with his Dad and Papa no more than a few inches away from him.

Then this morning he woke up, and Papa was gone.

At first, both Milton and Aiden had assumed Mahon had just left to start on his duties early, and hadn't bothered to wake them up. But when Aiden had gone to the separate abode that Mahon and his apprentice worked in, they claimed they hadn't seen him either.

The panic didn't set in until the three of them had begun looking for him, asking everyone awake and about if they had seen the redhead. Neither Kestrel nor Tayla had seen anything, and Steve was busy with the pups..

In a hour, they had a small scout team looking for Mahon.

By noon, they had combed the entirety of Everwinter territory, through white snow and thick forest and icy creeks, and no sign of the Raven.

"There was heavy snow last night," Kestrel commented, "if there was any trail, the snow would have covered it by now."

"Mahon knows how to handle snow. He's lived here long enough." Aiden added. He paused, before declaring: "He's not lost."

It took Milton a few minutes of running after his father and sister to understand the full implication of that statement.

Now, the sun was just starting to dip under the horizon, and Milton was standing next to his father, who was sitting at the table in the Hall, surrounded by the Alpha's most trusted advisors - Kestrel, Tayla, Steve, and a few others - hashing out the next course of action.

"Are we sure we looked everywhere?" Kestrel asked from her chair.

"We're sure." Aiden answered softly.

"So he's just...gone. Are we sure he's not lost?"

"Tayla, you know Mahon. He's not lost."

"It was snowing heavy last night..."

Steve shook his head, "Mahon wouldn't leave Center alone in the middle of the night. His nest, maybe, but not Center."

"If he passed out, the snow might've covered his bod-"

"He's not lost." Aiden repeated curtly, cutting off Tayla.

The elderly woman frowned, watching the Alpha with intense eyes. Milton smirked a little, noting how much Tayla and Kestrel resembled each other.

"Aiden, I am your friend," she told him, leaning forward slightly, "I just want to make sure you're not making something out of nothing."

"Tayla, I am your friend," the Alpha used the same tone to reply to her, "and he's not lost. He's taken."

"By who? Another pack?" Someone asked.

Tayla leaned back in her chair again. "You believe someone snuck into our territory and took our Raven?"

Kestrel shrugged her crossed arms. "It's possible."

Milton watched his father's gaze sweep around the room suddenly, as if the conversation had awoken his memory.

"Speaking of Ravens," he spoke, bringing the room to silence and the attention to him, "Where is our apprentice Raven?"

Last edited by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: Bloodwillow {RP THREAD}

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed May 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Heavy, rushed footsteps heralded the incoming entrance of another delegate. Though Milton's question would make one expect the aforementioned apprentice Raven, the wolf who barged in was anything but.

From the very look of him, you could tell that Ragnar Axeshard was not a man to be messed with. Tall, broad, with a flowing red beard crowned by a viking mohawk of the same color, all framing the scarred, no-nonsense face of a hardened warrior. Contrary to stereotypes in the lands southern, Hjemsted was not a marauding culture- though it was easy to see how one might make the mistake when he entered the Hall.

Clad in the finest armor that an Axeshard blacksmith could provide for their Alpha, wearing the fur cape of an animal that he'd killed himself, and followed by a young woman hoisting a round shield almost as large as herself, Ragnar felt secure that he was prepared for anything. Though, perhaps he'd overdone it slightly, for a meeting with only the Axeshards' closest allies.

"OF COURSE HE'S BEEN TAKEN!" He shouted, as if somehow aware they'd just raised the possibility of foul play in Mahon's disappearance. "Mahon is not the type to wander in the woods without telling anyone and get lost! He is no child- he is a Raven of the Coven! There is only one possibility..."

His shieldmaiden could barely say the words "Please don't do the axe thing" before the Axeshard Alpha had unstrapped his battleaxe and embedded it in the center of the meeting table, right next to two indentations marking where he had done the same thing twice before.

"...and that is that he was kidnapped!"

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed May 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Milton jumped behind his father's seat when Ragnar threw down his axe, and most of the others seated around the table jerked back instinctively - but not Aiden.

"Hey, Ragnar," Alpha Everwinter greeted casually, as if this has happened a thousand times before, "how are you?"

Next to Aiden, Kestrel stood and bowed her head in tradition. "Alpha Axeshard, it is an honor to have you in our lands. Thank you for your visit."
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed May 30, 2018 8:38 pm

Ragnar, appearing to calm down a bit, calmly motioned in acknowledgement of Kestrel's compliment.
"Thank you, Kestrel. And I'm not doing great, Aiden, though I'm sure my anger and sorrow are only a fraction of what you must feel at the moment!"

He suddenly became much more energetic again, leaning forward and slamming his fist on the table.
"Just give the word, and I shall amass an army of my finest warriors to fight at our command!"

---

Despite the sheer height and number of the mosaic windows lining the walls, little light shown in the cathedral. The day was at its end, and soon night would fall.

The cloaked man strode between the many pews leading to the pulpit, and the altar of the Lady behind it. But his business was not with his goddess, nor could he even say it was to be done in her service.

But, if there was one thing, it would be done in her name.

Finding one of the ministry doors, he was only a few twists and turns until he found what he was looking for- an old, dark confessional. He had visited it many times before, but never to confess.

"Come in, Conrad," a voice greeted him as he gripped the door. He paused for a moment, then quickly opened it and shut it behind him, even though he was certain of their privacy. A single candle lit the interior, revealing that the divider in the booth had been removed, and illuminating the face of the man waiting for him. Easily in his sixties, with short white hair, a stern expression, and dressed in the finest white clothes the papacy could afford.

"I honor thee, Father," Conrad addressed his superior, kneeling before him.

"Rise, my son, and take a seat," Archbishop Belmonte beckoned in a tired voice. The loyal inquisitor did as instructed, sitting in the wooden chair opposite the clergyman. "You are certain you weren't followed?"

"Positive," Conrad assured him. "What are your orders, Father?"

Belmonte sighed. "As you know, Santuario has been our ally since the Lady walked the Earth."

"Naturally."

"Our brothers and sisters in the Santuarian court report that Princess Proudstar has been acting strangely. No official decree has been issued, but they believe she may be preparing to make a move against the wolves of Hjemsted."

Conrad scoffed in disbelief. "And why should we care if she wants to slaughter a bunch of infidel northerners?"

The Archbishop leaned closer, growing more grim by the minute. "There is talk of a weapon. We do not know what it is, but her majesty wants it, and it seems to be connected to Hjemsted. She may already have it for all we know."

"And you want me to steal it."

"Not quite. The late king and queen of Santuario cooperated with us without issue. Madeline is nothing like them. She does not show her hand like they did. She may not even worship the Lady."

"Praise the Lady," Conrad replied, though not terrible surprised.

"Anyway," Belmonte continued, "if she gets a hold of this weapon, she will look to expand Santuario's borders, and she may not respect the church's sovereignty when she does so. What I am about to order you to do must not be spoken outside this room, Inquisitor. You must sneak into Santuario, and investigate Princess Proudstar's actions- kill her if you have to, and if you can, bring this weapon into the hands of the ecclesiarchy."

"I will do what I must," Conrad assured him as he stood up, bowing again.

"Good luck, Conrad. And may the Lady be with you."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed May 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Aiden closed his eyes and nodded at Axeshard, though it seemed like he was only half listening.

"Ragnar, old friend, it means the world that you're here, but how did you know Mahon was missing?"

Milton's eyesbrows raised. That was a good question. No one had known Mahon was gone until after sun up, and it took hours to travel from Axeshard's home to Everwinter's Center. Did Ragnar know something they didn't?
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b3heart on Wed May 30, 2018 10:44 pm

Terisia paced around in the snow, kicking up tufts of fluffy white flakes. The news spreading around about the missing Raven worried her. Like the others, she hoped early on that he was out and about, but that theory seemed off to her. After the searches, the young girl stayed outside in thought.

Isa stood outside till her cheeks were pink from the frigid weather. It didn't bother her. Never did. What she did notice, though, was two figures rushing to the Hall. Isa wasn't sure if she recognized them or not, as the falling snow partially obscured her view. Curious, the girl pushed through the heavy layer of ice to the Hall.

Sighing quietly from the sudden rush of warm air of the building, Terisia followed the two to the Hall. She stood at a distance from the entrance to listen in on the conversation.
2b3heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu May 31, 2018 8:24 pm

Ragnar, oblivious that Terisia was listening in, realized how strange his sudden entrance looked to the others. He began to explain himself.
"Good question, Aiden. To be honest, I was actually on my way to the eastern mountains to hunt mammoths and though I'd stop in while passing through, and that's when I heard the news."

The mention of the eastern mountains gave Ragnar an idea, and a terrible on at that. His eyes widened.
"You don't suppose it's possible that... they took him? Taking back what's theirs, and all that?"

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu May 31, 2018 8:45 pm

Aiden made no comment at Ragnar's explaination, signaling he accepted it and believed it to be the truth. However, he did think over the other Alpha's suggestion.

"I never took the Coven for kidnappers." Aiden admitted, "And if they had need of him, he would have awoken me and told me. But his apprentice may know more than I do."

Milton, still keeping close to his father, glanced at the door, hoping the other Raven would appear. Instead, he saw Rosehelm watching from the doorway, and silently raised his eyebrow at her.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b3heart on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:27 am

Terisia silently watched the two alphas speak, taking in what they had to say. No way the Coven would take the Raven. Isa completely that idea, or at least wanted to. Due to the mystery of the event, a pit of doubt formed inside her. While listening, Terisia noticed the alpha's son looking straight at her. She froze, hoping he was just looking around, but sighed when he raised his eyebrow at her. She raised a finger to her lips, wanting to listen just a bit longer.
2b3heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:01 pm

"Well me neither," Ragnar admitted, "but they work in mysterious ways. There could have been a change in leadership."

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next