FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» A Tired Hiatus
Today at 6:21 am by Adrian

» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Yesterday at 8:27 pm by WritingBookworm

» ✮ app thread ✮ Danmachi
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am by LuciusCypher

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:02 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» « Asphodel »
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 pm by Hime

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am by Lady Senbonzakura

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:42 pm by Captain Whitehawk

December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

{RP THREAD} The Divine

Page 4 of 62 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33 ... 62  Next

Go down

Re: {RP THREAD} The Divine

Post by Fix-It on Sat May 05, 2018 11:50 am

A FEW DAYS PRIOR

“They’re still here?” I asked, hands folded neatly in my lap.

“Yes ma’am. More thieves have been sighted outside the city. I believe they are planning an attack.”

“I see. Report further, where exactly were they seen outside the city?”

“South.”

“That’s all the intel we have?”

“Yes ma’am.”

Not willing to show annoyance in front of a guard, I breathed out through my nose quietly but disdainfully, and I sat perfectly still at my desk.

“At ease. Dismissed.”

After he left the room, I went forward with work. I have a job to do. I have lives to save. I have people counting on me.

As much as I’d like to pretend, New Meteli would be lost without a leader: there’s too many people, too much space. I came here to live a simple life. Maybe I would’ve become a farmer. But instead, I have the weight a city on my shoulders. One mistake and we could very easily be screwed.

I’m able to cut off this pattern of thought by guiding my eyes to the map. I place a tentative X south of the town, and I almost erase it because a tentative map marking is pointless. But something about the mark gives me goosebumps. It’s too close. I look out the window and see a vague trail of smoke in the air. My heart stops beating briefly.

I picked up a quill and a sheet of parchment. And then, I begin to write the request.

A request was sent to the Jury of Nine ages ago. While I do admire them and understand their schedule (thanks to frequent run-ins), I do often wish they worked on prioritizing their work more. It feels like they only do the work that interests them or grabs their attention… not what actually needs to be done.

Maybe I just had a bad impression, though. They’re great people.

I signed at the bottom and handed it off to be sent as soon as possible.

If there’s one request I wanted them to respond to, it’d have to be this one.

---

~ Ramona ~

Struggling to stay awake and try to think of anything to report simultaneously was difficult. These meetings were the lamest excuse for a get-together, ever. They just sucked. I had a hard time believing anyone thought they were fun, but I knew there definitely were some of us that thought that way.

“Lord Sanny sent in a report about the thieves a few days ago, actually. I think she requested that one member go to New Meteli. Something about expecting a raid on the town?”

thank you so much athena!:

Fix-It
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

https://lesbianfroggy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat May 05, 2018 12:00 pm

{ Rena }

Warmth filled me as I gave a small wave and headed down the path, back to where Phoenix Drop peacefully stood. To think, after all this time, after all these years I'd finally be able to get out.

Today was a good day.

I didn't hesitate to enter my house, my adoptive parents sitting at the table eating together. There seemed to be a plate for myself as well. Little did they know I wouldn't be joining them this morning.

"Rena good morning, you left earlier than usual but we assumed you'd come back," my mother greeted me humbly as my father grumbled something between his jam slathered toast. He was never a morning person.

"Yea. . About that, I have something important to tell you guys."

That spiked the attention of both my parents, both of them seemingly stopping in time as if they were expecting something horrible like I was off to join the House of Torment or leaving them forever.

Their silence signaled they were waiting for me to say what I had to tell them, and I took the opportunity with confidence, "Mom, dad, I know you guys are going to be super opposed to this. . . But I'm going to O'Khasis with a friend and I won't be back for a while. We're going travel together a little after that."

They both looked shocked, maybe a little bit weary? Most people who lived here didn't travel away from the village. My father spoke up first, "Who's your friend? Do we know them? Is it that Meif'wa boy?"

He was asking too many questions for me to want to answer them all. I knew if I got caught up in this, I'd find myself convinced enough to stay. I couldn't have that.

I needed to get away.

"I know you two are both really concerned, but you know me. I have a great judge of character and if I thought it was dangerous to go I wouldn't. I'm so thankful for you guys taking care of me, but I'm an adult now. Long past that, actually. I need to find myself, you know? Find out who I really am maybe. Does that make sense? This is finally going to give me that opportunity to finally spread my wings."

I'm talking a mile a minute and my parents seem mostly convinced. They couldn't exactly keep me here by law, as I was of age to make my own decisions.

They both sighed, holding their hands from across the table and looking at me with an accepting nod.

--

I hadn't wasted time after that to give them quick hugs, pack up a few of my things in my own knapsack that I had lying around for various purposes, and grabbing the sword my father had given me for a more recent birthday.

With my head in the clouds I grabbed the toast they had made for me--my mother insisted I at least eat it on the way--and headed for the gate. With half eaten toast in one hand, a sword at my side, and a backpack holding the most essential things for our trip. . I made my way to where Zach was supposed to meet me.

{ Amelia }

"There's just so much going on everywhere it's hard to really say where we should focus on unless we all just split into groups and take on shit ourselves. . ." I say somewhat loudly, not sure if anyone would hear me or not, "Scaleswind is suffering House of Torment fires, that whole thieves thing is really starting to expand."

Isn't it lovely,
all alone?

Heart made of glass,
my mind of stone.

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat May 05, 2018 12:15 pm

- Zacharias -

Long after she's gone, I turn to her statue, staring up into her hidden face. Only to the statue can I speak to without restraint.

"I'm doing this for us. Don't try to stop me."

Having said that, I make my way back to Phoenix Drop proper. I stop by food vendors and supply shops alike, purchasing a few extra things now that I'm not traveling alone. Once that's over with, I head over to the city gates, waiting for a few minutes before spotting Irene -- no, Rena, I need to call her Rena in my head so I don't slip up and call her Irene out loud -- arriving with a knapsack.

"I'm assuming the knapsack means they were fine with this," I call out once she's close enough.

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat May 05, 2018 12:29 pm

{ Rena }

I finishing munching on the last of my bread, trying not to speak with my mouth full as I swallow hard and reply, "Yup! I'm all good to go."

Isn't it lovely,
all alone?

Heart made of glass,
my mind of stone.

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat May 05, 2018 12:34 pm

- Vin -

"Groups," I echoed. "Splitting up doesn't seem to be a poor idea." I paused, then added in as pleasant a tone that I could muster, "What a good contribution for someone so new to the position."

My gaze only lingered on the girl for a second -- Amelia, was it? -- until I looked back at the Overseer, waiting for him to speak.

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 pm

{ Amelia }

"Thank you, Vinny," I grin widely at the guy, a bit of smugness in my tone and facial expression. Luckily I remembered this guy's name, much like everyone elses, because I would hope it would show some of my dedication.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone?

Heart made of glass,
my mind of stone.

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat May 05, 2018 12:56 pm

- Vin -

My eye involuntarily twitched at the nickname. Nobody has ever defied my name nor my title before, simply because they never had the nerve. Children never know how to behave, I thought, inwardly cringing at the fact that she was only a year younger than me.

I shot a mild glare at her, choosing not to speak out of respect for the Overseer.

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Pegasusmeteo on Sat May 05, 2018 1:16 pm

{ Caelum }

As I sit with my fellow jury of nine members, I listen to the reports. Waiting for a lull in the voices, I speak up.

"I've been checking the reports from smaller villages to the east and south of the capital, a bit of petty theft, trespassing on farm areas, thankfully no murder. But nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing to be concerned over."

I lean back in my chair and let the others speak.
Pegasusmeteo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat May 05, 2018 1:45 pm

~Rhona~

I lifted my hand to cover my mouth as I stifled a giggle, finding the interaction between Vin and Amelia to be amusing. I knew Vin would be angry if he saw me laughing, but the newer member may actually be able to out sass him for once.

Letting out a small cough I lowered my hand and nodded to Amelia with a small smile, "That sounds like a good suggestion, there are too many places for us to focus on all at once."

Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sat May 05, 2018 2:45 pm

~Gideon
Somewhat listening to the ones of those who spoke up, I was more focused on measuring how they said what they did instead of what was being said. Tone of voice, facial expression, and body language - all of it  registered as my eyes glazed over them. I likely kept the same, slightly-bored expression on my face, but even if it was obvious my attention was on them it wasn't unreasonable. They were supposed to be speaking, after all. A few times I picked up on something interesting, but thankfully most of it was trivial and not even worth my time to address.

Once everyone had finished speaking, I nodded in Caelum's direction. "Thank you all for coming - I know it wasn't an easy journey for everyone. However, as others have stated, New Meteli's situation is growing quite perilous," I paused, making it known this was my first order of business for now. The original city of Meteli had burned down once, and in my mind the fault lay with the protectors of the kingdom at the time for not doing anything to prevent that. As such, I would not allow for it to happen a second time - not while the Jury of Nine was under my command. Such a thought was inconceivable; my reputation would forever be tarnished, and furthermore, the people's faith in us would diminish. There was no way I would allow anything to happen to New Meteli.

Turning to Ramona, I made my expression harden to show my serious intent. "Please let Lord Sanny know that seven of the Jury - myself included - will be coming to eradicate these thieves within a weeks' time. Preparations should be made for proper accommodations, and perhaps an announcement of a feast in our honor. I want those scum to know we're coming for them," I said as he pounded the table with a clenched fist.

With that settled, I looked around at the rest of them. "As for Scaleswind, the ones who don't intend to go to New Meteli can head there if they like, but at least one person should attend to their matters I suppose," I said with less emphasis. Crop burnings were not particularly interesting, so I could've almost cared less about this. The only reason I was mentioning it at all was because the House of Torment was supposedly the reason.

And as for Phoenix Drop, that problem had been going on for quite some time. No doubt it would be more of a nuisance than anything to deal with. Perhaps if one of the three who weren't going to New Meteli didn't want to travel all the way to Scaleswind, they could go to Phoenix Drop, but it didn't really matter much to me either way to be honest. Any other matters that had come up were of even less importance.

"Is this clear? We will be off to New Meteli either tonight or tomorrow. Who would like to join me?" I ask, my posture straightening up once again.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 62 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33 ... 62  Next