FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Yesterday at 8:44 pm by Comrade Squid

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Yesterday at 7:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» [PROMO THREAD] Asphodel
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:28 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:16 pm by Comrade Squid

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:48 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am by ~Dylan Battle~

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am by Adrian

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

{RP THREAD} The Divine

Page 1 of 62 1, 2, 3 ... 31 ... 62  Next

Go down

{RP THREAD} The Divine

Post by Sal on Sat May 05, 2018 12:12 am

Based off of Aphmau's 'Minecraft Diaries' series
Created by: Salphirix

Discord
App Thread
The Divine Wiki

Morning, Summer of XXX

{ Rena }

I never understood why I always came to Irene's statue. Maybe it was because as a child my adoptive parents would bring me here a lot to pray on an almost daily basis. Or, perhaps it was because I was named after her. Either way, I wasn't sure if I'd ever really figure out the reason for it. It wasn't like I needed to, or cared to. As much as I was surrounded by Irene believers--I always tried to distance myself from her. Honestly, I blame the fact everyone keeps referencing her and I being similar. And I just. . wanted to be my own person. For as nice as Irene seems, I'm not her. I'll never be her. I'm just. . me.

Turning my attention to the clear, cool water that surrounded her white marble statue, I smile a little bit. I let my finger tips cause ripples and movement in the water, while I could hear the cascading waterfall a little behind me as it merged with the sea. A mild breeze was flowing through my hair and against my exposed skin as if someone was softly embracing me. It was nice, and if anything, calming. I may not exactly like Irene as everyone else, but her statue was sure a serene place to relax and take my worries away.

With each passing minute, my negative thoughts and concerns seemingly faded away. Today would be a good day, I could feel it.

app thread { the divine } rp thread || app thread { evergreen } rp thread

Isn't it lovely, all alone

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: {RP THREAD} The Divine

Post by Ace on Sat May 05, 2018 12:28 am

~Gideon
“Settle down, everyone. Let’s begin,” I announced, trying to get the group to sit down. It had been a while since we’d been together as a group. Although I hadn’t necessarily required everyone to come, it seemed more than usual had decided to join at least.

I took my seat at the round table with 10 chairs surrounding it, out in the courtyard behind the palace. It was a bright and sunny, but thankfully not too hot quite yet. Holding the meeting out here felt like the right choice - the castle was too noisy and cramped. Plus, making sure we didn’t get overheard was always an issue. At least out here, in the peace and quiet of the gardens, we could hear carefully for the sound of anyone that might happen to intrude. The surrounding green hedges were trimmed to form various pathways that lead to and from the castle, and everywhere were decorated with flowers that ran through them. From time to time, the smell of a particular flower would waft in over the table, carried by the breeze.

“Now then, what are your reports? Is there anything urgent that needs to be taken care of before we discuss where our aid is most needed?” I ask, glancing around the table at the rest of them as I sat up straight in my chair. The sunlight reflected off of some of the armor that I wore, but it was of no matter to me. This suited me best for now; not my full suit of armor, but enough that the weight of my presence was still felt even among the others in the group. Although my chair was just a normal stone chair like the others’, I needed to remind them that I commanded some authority of my own.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat May 05, 2018 12:34 am

THE NIGHT BEFORE

- Zacharias -

I stake the final dagger into the wooden table, right where O'Khasis is marked on the map.

"That's it," I murmur. I take a step back, analyzing months' worth of work. Outside, the heavy thunder roils, and a curtain of rain lashes at the window. A flash of lightning illuminates the room, and for one single, pristine moment, I can clearly see the trinity of daggers staked into different locations on the map.

The relic of the Warlord. The relic of the Augur. And, most recently, the relic of the Sentinel. I have traveled across Ru'aun; I have followed rumors and whispers and struck deals with others, drawing upon my own knowledge of the Divine Gods in the process of deducing the whereabouts for each relic. If the Divine Gods are really as predictable as I remember them to be, then I already know the location of each missing relic.

Except for the Primordial's.

Irene.

I slowly take my seat on the worn leather couch, though I make no move to recline. Everything -- the heavy rain, the dim lamplight, and even the musty smell permeating the old tavern room -- is forgotten as I stretch my hand forward, reaching for someone who isn't here. I grasp for her, my fingers intertwining with her own invisible ones. But my fingers only meet empty air, leaving me with nothing to do but to clench my fingers into a fist.

Soon, I remind myself. Soon, we will have our happy ending. I look up from my palm, staring out into the thick gray clouds into the distance, sparkling with hints of lightning. I like to imagine that it is not just a simple storm, but an omen of what is yet to come.

Until then, I have work to do.

PRESENT DAY

I pull the drawstring bag shut and hoist it over my shoulder, closing the door to the tavern behind me. My belongings are few, so I don't have much to carry.

I shoulder my way past colorful people, Meif'wa and humankind alike. I keep my head down, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. Images of me are few, and even those images don't show my face much. But one can never be too careful.

Cobblestone streets and wooden buildings eventually give way to thick grass and tall trees, with the sound of a nearby river. I look up to the statue of Irene presiding over a waterfall, her face hidden away.

I smile up at her. We'll be together again, eventually.

Also under the statue's watch is a young woman, running her fingers through the river. A woman in blue, with dark brown hair, and --

It's her.

I've only seen her once before, a year ago. A few elves freed me from the Other Realm, and as soon as I was out, I pursued Irene. I found her only to watch her for a long moment, realizing she didn't know who she was. Time has passed since then, because I could never approach her. What do I say to the only woman I ever had eyes for? To the one who betrayed me? To the one who doesn't remember a thing?

Today, I set out on a journey to preserve our happy ending, and I do not know when I'll return. I should speak to her, before I go.

I swallow a lump down my throat. I roll my shoulders, trying to ease the tension in them, and try to act as casual as possible. "Nice statue, isn't it?"

Last edited by WritingBookworm on Sat May 05, 2018 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
Currently Watching: Miraculous Ladybug
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat May 05, 2018 12:43 am

~Rhona~

I sat in one of the ten chairs situated around the table, back straight and hands folded neatly in my lap as I listened to Gideon speak. The sunlight shining into the courtyard felt nice against my skin, warming me and helping me to relax even though it wasn't a particularly stressful meeting.

"I don't believe I've seen anything of immediate interest," I informed him, thinking back on the past few days as I tried to remember.

When witches are riding, and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers, "Tis near Halloween."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat May 05, 2018 12:53 am

{ Rena }

The voice that calls out to me is one I don't remember. It wasn't uncommon for Phoenix Drop to have visitors and travelers of all sorts due to our accepting and kind nature as an entire village. So, when I turn my attention to where the voice came from I give a gentle smile, "It is, isn't it? Even after centuries of standing here it's almost like it never was touched by time."

When I get a better look at the person who has approached me, I notice it's a male. He stands tall, with purpose, like he has something he needs to do and won't stop until it's done. Motivating, really, determination has always been something I took well to.

"Do you like Irene? I tend to see strangers come to pray for blessings and safety."

{ Amelia }

I look over at Rhona, waiting for them to say their part while I try to rack my brain for things. There's been a lot going on. Thieves in New Meteli, Goblins attacking Phoenix Drop, the fires in Scaleswind. There's a lot of drama happening in a good number of places and probably more we don't even know about yet.

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sat May 05, 2018 12:55 am

- Vin -

"Do you really believe that you're worthy of such a task?"

My amber eyes glittered in the sunlight, focusing on the Overseer as he spoke.

"Perhaps you really are nothing but a monster."

I finished trying my hair up into a ponytail, now hyper-aware of the sweat that was causing discomfort on the back of my neck. I sat silently in my chair and waited for the others to speak as I didn't have any problems to report. My training has taken precedence over everything else, especially now that I was beginning to feel physically weaker; something was happening, but I wasn't sure what.

"I never should have had faith in you."

A slight grimace. I then composed myself in a matter of seconds. "Nothing to report," I answered in my usual monotone.

Last edited by Hime on Sat May 05, 2018 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 am

~Leo~
I stood with the other members of the Jury of Nine, glancing briefly to the faces gathered in an effort to get a read on the situation. It had been quite a while since our last group meeting and, even though some were not present, Gideon decided it was necessary to bring us together now. Obviously there was a pressing matter that we be discussing today and I fiddle with an element of my uniform slightly in an attempt to calm my hands. Meetings more often than not wore thin on my patience, though there was an element of tension in the air that piqued my interest enough to engage today.

Once he speaks, I make my way to the table as well, taking a spot next to Rhona, who was the first to speak in response to the question Gideon posed. I ease myself into the chair, sliding back so I was slumped in the corner between the arm rest and the back of the chair as I swing a leg lazily over the opposite arm rest. I sway it gently back and forth as I ponder whether or not I actually had anything worth reporting. I could only recall handling standard issues the past few days, nothing really exciting or noteworthy to bring to attention at a meeting like this.

"Nothing to report here, either," I finally announce, glancing around at the faces of my comrades once more to see who will be the next to speak.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat May 05, 2018 1:05 am

- Zacharias -

Like you? I more than like you. "I'm afraid I'm not a believer in the Divine Gods." And that's so painful to say, especially in front of Irene herself. But this is what I need to do; reduce belief in the Divine Gods. "But I appreciate artistic talent when I see it," I say, gesturing to the statue.

- Faith -

"Thieves are still swarming New Meteli, sir," I say. I sit as straight as possible, my chin lifted, keeping all emotion from my face. "Lord Sanny has already reduced the problem significantly, but the city is not yet at peace."

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Sat May 05, 2018 1:09 am

{ Rena }

"Yea, same here. For both, I mean," I give him a gentle smile before turning my eyes back to the statue, then back to him. For some reason, I just don't want to take my eyes off him, "Not to change the subject, but I haven't seen you around before. Are you staying here in Phoenix Drop long?"

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat May 05, 2018 1:16 am

- Zacharias -

"Nah, I'm headed to O'Khasis." Am I smiling too much? I think I'm smiling too much. I pull my lips down just a little, looking away at the river. "And you?"

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 62 1, 2, 3 ... 31 ... 62  Next