FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 2:10 am by Adrian

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Yesterday at 5:16 pm by Comrade Squid

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Yesterday at 3:48 pm by Sal

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Yesterday at 3:45 pm by Sal

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» [PROMO THREAD] Asphodel
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:39 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am by ~Dylan Battle~

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am by Adrian

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: ☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]

Post by boyhoy on Mon May 07, 2018 8:46 pm

~Derek~
"Core?!" I hiss back, eyes darting frantically around the room. "What the fuck is the core?!"

I rush to his side, shaking the fuzziness from my head as I do. I give him a couple of good natured slaps on the cheek in an attempt to stir him from whatever he was going through. "Dude you gotta pull it together here. I don't know half the shit you talk about, how the hell am I supposed to find whatever this core is?!"

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Tue May 08, 2018 1:04 pm

~Blythe~
"That's good," I said, my eyes scanning her face as she spoke before slipping back to the people walking down the street beyond the window.

"It's not like we have much to worry about." My voice lowered to a near-whisper, taking care to ensure that any other patrons of the cafe couldn't hear the soft tones of my voice. "Even in the event that something does go wrong, most of the worst case scenarios are still manageable. I mean, the police are kind of a joke at this point, aren't they? The worst thing that we have to worry about is a Superhero, and they're probably still new enough to not have a decent grip on their powers."

~Alistair~
My brow raised at his countenance, which seemed somewhat out of the orbit of his usual behavior.

"If you'd like to do it another time, then we can do that very easily. We have all the time in the world, after all."

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 pm

{ Payton }

"You're not wrong. And most of the police are so caught up in trying to handle influx of superpowers that are accidentally going off or causing trouble that they're practically tied up."

app thread { the divine } rp thread || app thread { evergreen } rp thread

Isn't it lovely, all alone

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Tue May 08, 2018 3:46 pm

-Isidore- 

"Yes, so we do," I said before picking up my cup of tea again and taking another sip. "I can move it. Besides, we wouldn't want to keep up our habit of monotony, would we? Today seems like a perfect day." My eyes moved to roam his face as I smiled at him.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Tue May 08, 2018 9:03 pm

~Blythe~
I smiled. "Exactly. So there's not really anything to be nervous about." It was nice to know that Payton and I were in the same headspace, especially considering the level of trust that our work required.

~Alistair~
"Of course not. Monotony, though easy to fall into, is never ideal," I said, returning his smile.

"It's a date, then."

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Wed May 09, 2018 3:08 am

~Kate~

"So here's the deal, Ms. Slough..."

A bespectacled, older gentleman opened his white binder to a random page. Though I sat across from the three representatives in the fluorescent-lit meeting room, I could still make out some graphs and charts, ringed by paragraphs and other numbers. Unfortunately, it was all in Korean - and I couldn't read Korean.

"Our Geiger counters are still off the charts, even after thirty days. Not just here in the city, but around the world as well." He rubbed his temples, as if struggling to form his thoughts. "This fact alone would have caused us great alarm, and given us reason to convince your federal government to quarantine this city, except for one thing."

I shifted in my seat. "And... that is?"

"Well, dear," the woman next to the Korean man spoke up. A French flag was pinned onto her lapel. "The levels of radiation present in the city are... should be lethal. Or at the very least, make your citizens sick."

"Or convert them to Homo elevatur," the second woman spoke, adjusting her hijab. She gestured to a diagram on the Korean representative's note page, as if it would offer me any information at all. "But the rate of, for lack of better word, 'infection,' seems to be slowing."

I rubbed my hands on my dress pants. "Okay... so that's good, right?"

The three representatives shared uncomfortable glances with each other.

"Ms. Slough, we still don't know what this exotic energy is," the man explained. "It is unlike anything we've seen in modern times. The properties it seems to exhibit run counteractive to physical laws. We can barely even observe it."

"And because of its unpredictability," the Frenchwoman pressed, "We don't know if we'll see an increase in this 'spreadibility' of Homo elevatur. Or if, God forbid, adverse effects show up in the near future."

"And because of the high concentration of this energy in your city, plus the fact that this 'Uplifting' event happened in your airspace, we feel that precautions are necessary in order to... in order to better protect your citizens." The third representative gave me a warm smile - or, her version of a comforting look, which did not give me any semblance of ease. In fact, it made me a little suspicious.

"Pardon me if I come across as overly-defensive," I began. "But neither of you don't actually believe anyone in our city would have had the capability of... well, causing the Uplifting, do you? Because if so, I can assure you that the last thing you should be doing is depriving us of-"

"Right now, our motivations are not to determine the source or direct any blame on an individual or group." The man grunted, sitting up straighter in his seat. "We simply want to ensure that this situation does not get out of control. We've already discussed with state and federal governments-"

Great.

"-About the current status of your city, and we've decided that the best situation, for your municipality, at the moment, is an increase in defensive forces, namely the UNSTF. These will be state- and federally-run precincts in the Roseburg, Greenhook, and Coles Valley regions of Mount Superior, to complement the regional HQ centered in Cleveland." The man scribbled something down in his notes, and my eyes darted between the three.

"That's it?" I asked, incredulous. My nose twitched a bit, scrying for any ulterior motives.

"Like we said," the Frenchwoman replied, "What's best for your city." Her hand slid several sheets of paper towards me, along with a pen. "Would you mind signing her for us, please?"

~Lucy~

"So anyways, I told her, 'If you didn't look so much like my sister, I oughta take you home with me right now!'" Bruce slapped his knee, an ugly cackle escaping his unfreshened breath.

The pen that was still in Lucy's hand tapped her knee for the 5000th time that day as she stared at the digits on her computer monitor. Less than a minute left.

"And you wanna guess what she did?"

No. I don't.

"She slapped me! Told me to fuck off, said I was a creep." Bruce rubbed his cheek. "I can still feel the sting. Won't be making that same mistake again, will I?"

You tell me, imbecile.

"So... once you get off, you uh, you wanna grab a..." Bruce started.

Time's up.

Lucy Todorov snatched her jacket, walking over to the punch-out terminal and entering her codes. Another day in the life of a UNSTF desk jockey finally over. She should get a pay raise just for dealing with a prick like Bruce.

"Oh-kay," Bruce muttered as Lucy briskly walked out the door into the hazy air of Cleveland. "Maybe later..."

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Wed May 09, 2018 8:29 am

-Eve-

I settled into my assigned chair for the tea, my table one of the few occupying the glass rotunda. My table seemed to be well known enough, but they were those whose names only meant something if you were part of their circle. I had hoped to get the mayor's endorsement for my dear husband, but he sat a few tables away.

-Isidore-

"Do you remember when we used to live in Paris?" I said, my mind already piecing together that era of our lives. I remembered everything from our daily routine, to the people we saw, to ever feeling and sight I felt in that city. All I had to do was close my eyes and I could see everything as if I was watching a film. 

"We certainly weren't as boring then," I said with a coquettish grin.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Fri May 11, 2018 6:58 pm

~Aaron~

The slaps bring me closer to my senses, but I still found myself in a daze. Slowly, I pushed myself to my knees.

"It's a blue metal ball.... looks straight out of Star Trek..." I manage, trying to keep from falling forwards.

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sun May 13, 2018 2:05 am

~Derek~
The kid already had enough issues going on, I figured now wouldn't be the best time to tell him I never saw Star Trek. Instead, I just give a firm nod and rise to my feet, quickly doing somewhat of a tip-toe-dash through the room in search of whatever the hell this metal ball would be.

I rifle through some cabinets, try to pull apart some computers, resist the urge to bang on the buttons that I found sticking out of terminals. All that good stuff. All the while, I keep my eyes drifting to the walls and ceilings, keeping concentration on my sand defense so that we wouldn't be spotted. It was tough work keeping it going this long, but I couldn't just give up now.

Finally, I turn and look behind a terminal. There I see it, a glowing blue metal ball floating in a clear cylinder. There were some buttons on a keyboard looking thing that were utterly incomprehensible to me as I approach.

"Well, this could be a shit idea. . ." I mumble to myself before laying a hand on the glass cylinder. I let off a controlled explosion from my palm. Two. Three. Finally, on the fourth, the thick glass cracks and shatters. I reach through, yanking out the ball and tossing it up in the air with a satisfied grin. Did I just fuck stuff up? Probably. Explosions are too fun to pass up though.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Wed May 16, 2018 8:48 pm

@Cana wrote:~Blythe~
I smiled. "Exactly. So there's not really anything to be nervous about." It was nice to know that Payton and I were in the same headspace, especially considering the level of trust that our work required.

{ Payton }

I chuckle, complimenting Blythe with my next sentence, "How can I be nervous with a partner as efficient as you? We always get the job done."

app thread { the divine } rp thread || app thread { evergreen } rp thread

Isn't it lovely, all alone

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down