FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 3:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» A Tired Hiatus
Yesterday at 6:21 am by Adrian

» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:27 pm by WritingBookworm

» ✮ app thread ✮ Danmachi
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am by LuciusCypher

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:02 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» « Asphodel »
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 pm by Hime

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am by Lady Senbonzakura

December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: ☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]

Post by Kane on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:01 pm

-Amory-

I set my palette down softly on the table next to me before wiping my hands on my smock. Striding across the manicured lawn, I made my way just far enough into the house's mudroom to hand my smock carefully by the door and grab my shopping list and car keys. Leaving the estate was always a chore now that my parents seemed to be the most hated disgraced politicians in the state. Pulling my hood over my head as I entered the car, it wasn't a moment before I was inching down the twisted driveway to the street below.

-Yve-

I stepped out of the car at the Mayor's tea, the world around me filled with the murmurs of reporters and the flashes and lights of their cameramen. Gliding carefully past them, I stopped only momentarily in front of the mayor's residence, my clutch held delicately at my side.

"My husband is feeling rather under the weather today. It is my great honor to meet with the mayor in his place. Thank you all," I said with the small incline of my head before tossing my hair back and walking through the set of wooden doors.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:07 am

~Blythe~
I ducked into the streets from the alleyway, easily falling into step with my fellow denizens of Mt. Superior as I headed towards everywhere and nowhere. There were so many individuals with newly-found abilities in the streets, hiding amongst the ranks of the average citizens.

It made everything a lot harder than it used to be.

The posture was usually the dead giveaway. Those who had been affected by the Uplifting held a sort of newfound, tangible confidence as they walked. Those who had not been affected felt either left out or afraid. They weren’t so out there.

Before the Uprising, it was so easy to pick them out. If I was feeling lucky, then I could just pick someone at random. I no longer had the luxury of such carelessness.

Well, at least the challenge made it more fun.

If I focused hard enough, I could feel the threads of emotions tugging on the crowds of people. If I squinted, then I could see them, too. Some were thin and threadlike, frail and easy manipulated to the softest touch, while others were as severe and unmovable as the iron beams that held up the skyscrapers that punctuated the landscape. But even the strongest building can fall, and even the finest of threads can still cut flesh when held taut enough.

My eyes zeroed in on someone suitable. He was of average height and average looks; not too hard, not too easy. I could see in the way that he held himself that he was hardly a threat. It was the subtle tilting of his head downwards, and the way that his center of gravity seemed to be below where it should’ve been that gave it away.

My pace quickened slowly, slipping between the crowds until I was next to the man that I had locked in on. His hair was a warm brown, and in the light of the sun, I could see strands of gold mixed in.

Carefully, but gently enough to make it appear unintentional, I allowed my hand to brush against his. The contact caused his eyes to unintentionally flicker to my own. My eyes looked back coyly, sunglasses pushed to the front of my nose to let him see my face. I knew how I looked from this angle, so it came as no surprise when the attraction registered on his scope of emotions. It was easy to find, and I pulled that thread hard. As I did, I pushed the others to the background, leaving nothing but a feral level of attraction in the forefront of his mind.

With a subtle wink peeking out from my sunglasses, I briskly walked into the alleyway next to the street. I carefully listened to the footsteps that followed behind me, like clockwork, as the street grew darker and the sounds of the crowds grew dimmer.

I fell into his arms like a lover might; his eyes were dull, any form of common sense dampened by the emotions I was pushing. When my teeth sunk into the flesh of his neck, I felt his body jump, briefly struggle, and then go still. Drinking blood was always like drinking hot chocolate on a winter day; its warmth would spread from the center of my body outwards, bringing new life and invigorating the senses that had dulled in my hunger once again.

His dead weight against my body was enough to cause me to stop, a reminder that I had to stop; I shuffled against the weight and gently placed him on the floor of the alleyway, my hand smoothly placing a pink band aid over the new wound on his neck.

When I needed to feed, it always felt so natural. There were no complications, no reservations, and no qualms. It was only until after I finished that I felt disgusted with myself. The way that I had to constantly impose on other human lives for my own survival made me feel like an animal.

With a glance over my shoulder, I slipped out of the alleyway and ducked back into the streets as I headed to meet Payton.

~Alistair~
“Prepare the whipping boy,” I said, my voice lacking any emotion and yet conveying a frigid anger unlike any other.

My anger was different than that of most mortals; it was only explosive when pushed to its high breaking point. Otherwise, it was a powerful, concentrated beam that wouldn’t disturb the surfaces of the water it ran through.

Perhaps that made it all the more lethal.

The silent servants around me scurried into action silently, slipping downstairs and into the rows of cellars that made up the lower level of my home. Meanwhile, the serene melody of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake swam through the air with a grace that never seemed to dull with its age.

I cracked my knuckles as I rose from my gilded chair to move to the center of the rug that adorned the middle of my study, my eyes meeting those of the young boy who now sat in front of me. His eyes, unlike the others, were still alive and brimming with life. I could see the anger in them, the sorrow of being taken from his family.

He was foolish to show such emotions so freely.

“Tell me, William, how old were you when your house burned down?” I said, voice level as my hand reached for the wooden handle of my whip.

“Thirteen, sir,” he said, voice stable. I remembered the black, inky fire that had taken his home and family; he did, too, which was precisely why he couldn’t be allowed to exist freely anymore. I knew that fire well, and I knew the implications it held for those who see it with their own two eyes.

“So it has been five years, has it?” I said.

“Yes, indeed it has, sir,” he said. His voice was quivering now - it was pitiful, really - as I let my whip unfurl to the ground.

“It’s a shame that it happened while you were so young.” The end of my sentence was punctuated with a crack of my whip, which then extended into the air and lashed across the man’s back. It left a pool of red in its wake, moving outwards and spreading across him like a spiderweb. I returned the whip to its place by my desk, stepping forwards and kneeling downwards so that I could be eye level with the boy.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. The pupil in my eye expanded until my left eye, sclera included, was black; when it met his, I felt his soul snap off of him.

A silvery blue orb slithered out of his mouth and into my hand, where I promptly fed it into my pwn. As soon as I did, I felt him become subservient to me as any thread of resistance dissolved. An iron collar appeared around his throat, affixing itself easily, and I nodded in satisfaction.

I rose and began walking back to my desk slowly, hands clasped behind my back.

“William, could you please fetch Isidore for me?” I said, taking a seat in my chair and leaning backwards.

He nodded, exiting the room without so much as a trace of resistance. I smiled.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:42 pm

~Aaron~

"Alright.... get ready," I say, edging past him to the outlet by the door. In my head, I ran calculation after calculation, but I kept coming back to the same conclusion: I'm bridging into unexplored territory with my powers.

If I tap into the electricity of the building... if I make myself a vessel for it.... I could die. Any normal human would be burnt to a crisp, but even I've never tried anything on this scale before.

Hell, maybe my body will act like a fuse. I'd die, but at least the current would stop long enough for Derek to get the hell out of here.

Although I didn't necessarily favor my odds, I look up at Derek and place my palm over the outlet.

"Ready?" I ask, trying to stay as calm as possible.

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:39 pm

-Isidore-

I set my cup down onto the saucer with the gentle ting of china on china as a servant boy came to fetch me. Pushing myself away from the table, I snapped impatiently behind me to the tray of scones and tea on the table as if to indicate that he should carry it behind me as I walked. The sun seemed to beat down on me for a moment before I made my way through the living rooms double doors, the white curtains curling around me in the breeze as I brushed past them. Making my way through the carefully appointed rooms of the upper floor, all with their priceless artifacts, magical and otherwise, I finally reached the oak-paneled wall at the far end of the hallway.

Pushing on the single door, I made my way down the stairs, hearing only my steps and the steps of the servant behind me until we reached the bottom of the stairs. Knocking lightly on the door, I waited for a brief moment before gliding into the room, the slave closely behind with the tray. He set it down quickly before scurrying out of the study.

"You never came up for tea," I said as I went to pour him a cup.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 am

~Alistair~
I smiled, happy to see the familiar face of Alistair. My smile, though, quickly morphed into a frown as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, Isidore. I suppose I got caught up in my business," I said, gesturing to the boy who had fetched him. "I'm free right now, though. Would you prefer to have tea in my office or on the balcony?" As I spoke, I loosened my tie and resettled in my seat. "On second thought, it's a bit stuffy down here. I'd prefer to go on the balcony, if you don't mind."

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:31 am

~Derek~
I say nothing for a few seconds, simply continuing to concentrate on my task. I had been able to considerably expand the amount of sand I had, so much that it was beginning to obscure me from view and drift out toward Aaron as well. A swirling vortex of grains, my deliberate movements causing the granules to multiply for my desired purpose. I was conscious of not letting it drift out too far, so as not to trigger any sensors in the room, but the sheer amount of sand I was generating was intensifying by the second.

As much as I tried to maintain a calm and composed exterior, I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of panic bubble inside of me, threatening to spill out at any second. I had made a ton of sand before, but needing to precisely spread it out around a room like this would be pretty intense and require a level of precision I never really sought after before. If I was unable to achieve my goal, the mission could fail and we could be trapped, waiting to meet our end.

I push the thoughts from my mind as soon as they enter, shoving the insecurities down deeper within; I was never one to tread on such trivial matters anyway.

"I'm ready," I say, my tone level and unwavering. I open my eyes and peer to Aaron, waiting for his signal to go ahead.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:27 am

-Isidore-

As I spoke, I set the cup down gently on the trey "Yes, I know how important your work is." I nodded when he motioned to move to the balcony before snapping at the boy again to get the tray.

"It is a lovely day outside. You can't spend all of your time in this dungeon as much as you would like to," I said, my voice slightly playful, as a small smirk graced my lips.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 am

~Alistair~
I nodded, smiling and rising from my seat behind my desk with a grace that could only be obtained after so many centuries.

"Time just goes by so quickly after so many years. . ." I said, eyes becoming distant as they glanced out the window. In a split second, a flash of images played out in my head - lush, green fields, black fire, and thousands of faces that had long blurred into generic indistinguishability. The next second, they were gone, and I began walking out to the terrace, gesturing for Isidore to follow.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu May 03, 2018 5:39 pm

- Abby -

I shift my coffee to my other hand, pressing my phone in between my shoulder and my head as I climb up the stairs to Ran Mao's room. "I don't know when I'll be available," I say to Jackson, a man I'd swiped right on Tinder. "But I promise I'll get back to you as soon as possible, alright? Talk to you later."

I end the call, stopped just outside of Ran Mao's door. I take a moment to tilt my head back, relax, and enjoy a momentary silence. That lunch break had ended much sooner than I would have liked. But Ran Mao has been disappearing as of late. I need to make sure they don't get into any trouble, even if that means cutting off my lunch.

I knock on the door. "Ran Mao? You in there?" I didn't see them around the rest of the house. If they're anywhere here, then it has to be in their room. I knock again. "Ran Mao?"

A couple of moments pass. I roll my eyes, finally resorting to opening the door. "Ran Mao, I need you to -- "

And that's when I look at the room.

They're gone.

Of course they are.

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Thu May 03, 2018 7:47 pm

~Aaron~

One..... Two..... Three..... Four....

I count my breaths, waiting for my body to act against my apprehensions. Fear caused my knees to weaken, but I knew this had to be done.

A moment of focus was all I needed... it's that simple. It'd be over before I knew it, one way or the other.

My eyes closed as my consciousness expanded throughout the room. I felt the current flowing all around me once more, but I focused on what moved past the outlet.

Power.

I focused on the power in the socket and began to manipulate my inner voltage to pull the current towards me. If the differential voltage becomes large enough, the power should all go to me and away from the systems...

All of the sudden, there was a loud pop almost reminiscent of a firecracker, but much larger. The lights in the room flashed quickly before going dim. I felt a heat within my limbs that made me want to scream in terror, and I found myself falling to the ground in convulsions.

He had one chance, and I just hoped he wouldn't be too late.

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next