FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 2:10 am by Adrian

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Yesterday at 5:16 pm by Comrade Squid

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Yesterday at 3:48 pm by Sal

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Yesterday at 3:45 pm by Sal

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» [PROMO THREAD] Asphodel
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:39 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am by ~Dylan Battle~

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am by Adrian

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: ☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:20 am

~Anzeti~

"No, that does not 'sound good'," I repeated back to her, eyes narrowing even further as she tried to talk her way out of this situation, "That necklace belongs to the museum, I could hear the alarms. Now you will return it or I will have to take action. That is a piece of Egypt's history and while it still does not belong here it most certainly does not belong to you."

Sand started to leak out of the pouch on my back, a slow trickle that would come in handy if she decided to try anything.

When witches are riding, and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers, "Tis near Halloween."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Ran Mao probably should have found lying to everyone about everything far much harder than they did.

“I was the only one who survived the shipwreck.” Lie.

“It was just me on the island.” Lie.

“I’m not sure what I should do now that I’m home.” Lie.

“Nothing’s changed since the Uplifting.” Lie.

“I haven’t been paying attention to what happened to BrioCorp.” Lie.

And the most recent one:

“Actually, Miss Sharp, I think I’ll go upstairs and rest for a while.”

A few months ago, immediately after their return, their father had hired Miss Sharp to be their bodyguard, and though they couldn’t exactly tell him that they were a trained fighter, they did their best to give her some occasional breaks. She was a veteran, after all - if anyone deserves a break, was her.

While Miss Sharp presumably left to get some lunch, Ran Mao snuck out of their room, borrowed one of their father’s drivers, and made their way to Downtown Mount Superior, where all the business headquarters resided. The Hightower, Inc. building was in this district, but that wasn’t their destination for today.

Today, Ran Mao needed to take a look at another building. One of which the hooded archer vigilante, or whatever exactly the media was going to call it, would be visiting very soon.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 pm

~Aaron~

The motions were quick, and I soon found myself on all fours inside the room as the door shut behind us. Without skipping too many beats, I begin casing the room that we now found ourselves in as the blueprints and schematics had been incomplete.

The room was dark, but there was enough light peeking through the closed blinds on the opposite wall to navigate. Staying low, I notice the shelves lining each side of the room and a small desk off to one corner. In the center stood a long, sturdy table with parchment and metal lazily strewn about, almost carelessly. Bingo.

As I make to move, I stop dead in my tracks, throwing up a hand towards Derek as I do. High Current at key points in the walls. That's no coincidence.

"Infrared Motion Sensors," I whisper, trying to pinpoint the devices through the darkness. "If they catch movement, this whole place lights up like a Christmas tree. We're fine right here," I motion around us, "because the door can't trip the sensor, but everywhere else is hot."

I can't reset these like I had to the door. There can't be less than six, and there has to be a back-end maintenance trigger if any lose power. Unless I create a surge........

I pause for a moment at the sound of footsteps, but resume once they leave, "In theory, I can shut them all off, but it may fuck us over in the process. Any ideas?"

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 pm

~Leona
"Well what reason should I give it to you? You're just some..." I mutter, looking at his strange clothes, "wannabe Pharaoh?" Hopefully this would elicit a response from him - I was already getting ready to form a solid light panel to step on and jump over the wall with.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:01 pm

-Yve-

I pulled myself away from my husband's lap before crossing my ankles in front of me and turning towards the window. The sunlight gave my single strand pearl necklace a dull luster as I moved one of the gems between my fingers, feeling the rough and irregular surface with each movement. After a brief moment, I turned away from the passing cityscape to look forward to the driver and the political aide occupying the front seat.

"Why don't you drop Bradford off at the hotel before taking me to the Mayor's tea? He doesn't seem to be feeling well" I said before the driver turned onto the street to the hotel. As we made the turn, my husband seemed to sit bolt upright in protest as if in protest. Glancing over at him, I laid a hand on his shoulder, my fingers resting on the back of his neck.

"Oh darling, you need the rest. Let me handle the tea."

-Isidore-

I hummed along to the record as the silver tea spoon lifted gently out of the teacup, and the saucer floated up to my waiting hand. Taking a sip of the tea, the record beside me began to skip for just a moment before one of the elves changed the record as quickly as possible as if not to incur any punishment. "The Charleston" began playing loudly as I took another sip.

-Amina-

The whoosh of wind always seemed to accompany my jumps into the city. Today, I had decided to try to appear somewhere a little more public than usual, a park not too far off of the main city center. Emerging from a thicket of trees, I scanned the grassy area around me to see if anyone had seen my portal wink in and out of existence.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:00 pm

~Derek~
I allow my shoulders to slump once I hear the footsteps retreating, bracing myself against the door as I give myself a moment to catch my breath. Although based on what Aaron had just said, we were far from in the clear.

"You'd know better than I would how to handle these," I admit in response to his question. Truthfully, he had lost me after 'infrared' but I didn't want to seem like a complete moron.

"What do you know about these things? Is this like a laser grid or something? If you find me the devices, I could blow it up if that'll help. Oh, while you're at it, define 'fuck us over' for me please," I whisper, conscious of my voice level and the fact that someone could be walking past at any moment.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:14 pm

~Aaron~

"Can't say for sure. I've seen similar devices, so I think it's more like if there's any movement, they'll go off," I reply, pulling a small mess of wires and metal from within my pocket to fiddle with. "Now, I could shut maybe one or two down, but if they went through the trouble to put them in, they probably have safeguards against that kind of stuff. Basically, if one goes down, the rest start screaming for help, even if it's just a maintenance guy."

"That said," I add, frustrated with a knot of wires in my hands. "I could try to create a surge of current to essentially overload the circuits. They'd go down, but so could half the building's power. Poof. Just like that. And we'd be stuck thirty-two floors up behind a door that seals in the case of power outages."

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 pm

~Anzeti~

I let out a humorless laugh, letting my face fall back into a frown once it escaped, "I am a child of the gods. It is my duty to protect their people, and in this case, their possessions."

Her stance was taut, like she was getting ready to make a move. Sand continued to pour out of my pouch, collecting at my feet and beginning to shift, ready for whatever I commanded it to do.

When witches are riding, and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers, "Tis near Halloween."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 pm

~Derek~
I scoff and shake my head. "Don't worry about the door. I can take care of that, no sweat. Being this high up with no power would really blow, but I think it's the best we can do right now. I'm sure we could find a way outta here. Surge might be our best bet. . . We can't turn back now and I got nothin' else."

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:54 pm

~Leona
Time was up. The police would be here any second. Their squad cars were likely forming a perimeter around the front of the museum as we spoke. It wouldn't be too long till they got back here.

"Well, that's great and all, but unfortunately this is getting kind of awkward for me. Since you do seem like such a great guy, I'll give you a little something for your trouble, though," I smile sweetly. Although I didn't really wanna resort to this, I had no other choice.

Yanking the golden scarab off the end of the necklace, I launched it high into the air overhead, so that it would fall somewhere far behind the so-called child of the gods. If he really did care about the artifact more than he did about hurting me, which is what it seemed like so far, I just had to hope he would go after it. I didn't plan to stick around and fight, and I don't really look good in orange. After tossing it, I wait to see if his eyes follow it or remain on me. Regardless, I create a blinding light in front of me by momentarily increasing the brightness of the sunlight around him, giving me the perfect opportunity to hop over the wall. I hope he wouldn't take it personally - it was just business, after all.

Creating a platform, I jump onto it before using all my boosted strength from the sun's rays to leap over the wall. My hope was that the beetle plus the fact that he wouldn't be able to see me would give me the chance to escape. It was my only chance out of here.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next