FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
June 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: ☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]

Post by Salphirix on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:21 am

{ Payton }

I shrug and a smirk tugs at my lips, "No worries, I'll be sure to save you a seat. Meet at the usual?" I say before she leaves me. I wouldn't bother asking where she was going, knowing whatever she needed wasn't my business. I trusted her, especially after being with her for this long.

app thread { the divine } rp thread

Blood stains washing underneath the waves

I'll be reaching out to keep you safe

Salphirix
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:54 am

~Blythe~
"Yup, sounds perfect," I said, grateful once again for the lack of questions being asked.

I waved once more before gracefully jumping off the side of the building, carefully swinging down from a few exposed pipes before landing in an alleyway.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:09 pm

~Leona
Having made my way to the back wall of the museum, I looked around for any threats. There didn’t seem to be any, which meant escaping would be easy. The wall wasn’t even a problem as long as I had the time to make solid light platforms that I could step onto. Although I’d used up quite a bit of power already, I still had enough left for this. Just as soon as I’d made the first one and stepped on it, a metal spear came flying my way, piercing the light and nearly hitting me as I jumped backwards. I stumbled onto the ground, but rolled up quick enough to dodge the second metallic spear that had been thrown at me from the roof. Looking up, a man could be seen standing there. Great, just when I’d been ready to make my escape. He had probably been watching the surroundings of the museum after the alarm went off to watch where I went. Dammit.

“If you can excuse me, I really do need to get going,” I shouted up to the person on the rooftop. The sirens were growing dangerously closer every second - I didn’t want to go toe to toe with the police, especially with how well-equipped they were.

My only response was another metallic spear thrown at my face. Looks like he wasn’t talking.

“Well, if you’re not gonna let me leave then you could at least come down here and fight me like a man! What kind of pussy just sits back and does this shit?” I added, hoping I would be able to distract him for a second. Maybe he would actually take the bait, in which case I could use that split second to boost my jumping skills with the sun’s rays and make it over the  without getting impaled by a spear.

Thankfully, it seemed he was going to go for it. Unfortunately, I didn’t even have a chance to react - the guy literally jumped off the roof and fell to the ground faster than I’d expected. It was almost like he was weighed down by lead.

“Well, that was fast,” I muttered. “Alright, just let me warn you, I’m not going to easy on you,” to which the man just smiled. This was definitely not good. Before I could think, a metal dagger sliced open a gash in my cheek. Had I not unconsciously been boosting my reflexes, that would’ve likely taken my eye out.

“That’s how you wanna play it, huh? Bring it then!”

I harness the light of the sun high in the sky, just a bit past noon, and use it to blind the guy. He seemed to be expecting it somewhat, however - he covered his face with his hands to block it out. Looks like he wasn’t a total idiot. However, while his hands were occupied, I gathered a stream of light in my hands and shot it lit towards him. He didn’t waste any time blocking it with a metal shield, but the reflected light simply allowed me to redirect back behind him, knocking him onto the ground.

“Nice try, but you’re not gonna stop me with that,” I smirked.

When he looked back up, I knew I’d pissed him off. He spat some blood onto the ground, then launched two more metal daggers at me. I created a light shield, but it wasn’t strong enough to block both with the force he was throwing them with. The first one cracked the shield, while the other made a deep gash in my arm, making me cry out in pain.

Blood began to gush from the wound, but I just ignored it. It would heal soon enough. For now, I just needed and opening. Something to get him...

“Okay, wait! I surrender! Please don’t hurt me, I’ll do anything you want!” I cried, pretending to clutch at my arm in pain as I went down on one knee.

As I’d hoped for, this sadist thought that my hit on him was just a mistake. He probably thought I was just some wannabe villain. But I’d show him. As he got up from the ground, I charged up the solar energy in the sky. Just as he raised his head to grin at me in victory, lowering his guard at the same time, I rained pure light down on him, smashing him into the ground. When the dust settled, he was completely unconscious. The earth was cracked and depressed around him as well, probably due to the force of the light beam.

“Well, that’ll show you never to underestimate a girl again,” I groaned as I sat down, trying to catch my breath. I focused on using the sunlight to heal my wounds. Thankfully my energy reserves were being replenished by the harsh afternoon sunlight, otherwise I’d probably be passed out too. Still, I knew I didn’t have too much time. I needed to get out of here quick - the police were probably less than a minute away now.

Last edited by Ace on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:05 pm

~Anzeti~

I watched the fight with a raised eyebrow, leaning against the corner of a nearby building. The girl was so focused on the man attacking her that she didn't seem to notice I was watching.

Once I was out of the park I had followed the sounds of struggle and seemingly intensified bursts of sunlight to this location, reaching the two right as the man fell from the building. For a moment I thought of leaving, believing that the man was the one who robbed the museum but something caught my eye around the girl's neck as it glinted in the sunlight.

My eyes narrowed once I could see the jewelry, immediately recognizing it as a necklace worn by the wife of a Pharaoh from the few books I managed to acquire in Egypt. The museum had no claim over that necklace, and it is blasphemous to think that it was taken from a burial place, but I realized that there would be no safer place for it now. This girl had no right to take it.

With a scowl I pushed off of the building, raising my staff and moving closer to where she was seated. She looked injured but I would not let my guard down, "By the power of Ra I command you to return that necklace. You have no claim over the possessions of a Pharaoh or his wife."

~Nico~

With one last wave of my hand the man was out the door, shouting one last thanks over his shoulder before the door slammed shut behind him. I sighed, letting my shoulders slump down once he was completely out of sight. That hadn't been too long a session but the social interaction still left me drained. Glancing at the clock I realized that my next appointment wasn't for another hour. A hopeful hour of peace and quiet.

I reached for my phone and plugged in the aux cord at the front desk, scrolling through my library before I came to something I wanted to listen to. I kept the playlist on shuffle and moved to one of the couches in the back, flopping down on it with another sigh. My hand once again moved to my arm (old habits die hard) and this time I let the ink of the flower lift off my skin. I brought the delicate black magnolia to my eyes, still not knowing how the fuck this worked. So many people felt so happy and blessed by their powers but they just made me feel so much worse.

I still felt numb, even after all these years, like I still didn't want to accept he was gone. Like one day he would walk right through the front door and give me that blinding smile of his. But he wouldn't. He was gone and now these tattoos were giving me an even more physical reminder of that. I let my arm fall across my face and sucked in a calming breath, letting the sad lyrics of the song playing over the speakers wash over me.

I am, and always will be, the optimist.
The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:45 pm

~Aaron~

Through the doors, to the desk. Distract the manager. Short the cameras. Elevator shaft. Signal Elevator. Thirty-second floor. Medium security. Change of guard. Third door on the left. Mechanism. Sixteen chambers and pressure differential sensor with retinal cross-authentication.

The steps that we'd already taken flash through my mind as I glance up to Derek, my right palm placed against the keyhole. My eyes take on a hint of cyan as electricity springs from my palm and into the small orifice. Hot enough to bend the chambers, but not hot enough to warp them.

A minute or so passes before I hear footsteps down the hallway. I hiss quickly towards Derek and jab my head in the direction of the hall where I can only assume guards are about to start swarming.

Last edited by Hero of Time on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:15 pm

~Derek~
I hear the soft hiss of Aaron and whip around, picking up on his signal and hurriedly making my way past him to stand closer to the other end of the hall. I had wanted our signal to be a bird call, like you see in all those badass spy movies, but Aaron had convinced me that birds from inside would be a pretty big give away. I didn't particularly see how snakes inside would be any better, but I trusted his intelligence.

I wasn't wiling to risk a glance into the hall, but I could easily distinguish between the footsteps I heard making their way toward us. It seemed at least five or six, probably more. I glance over my shoulder to Aaron and gesture with my hand for him to hurry up. If it took him much longer, we would be discovered. I recognized the need for subtly, but nerves and adrenaline were coursing through my body and I was starting to get twitchy with anticipation. With each step, I was getting closer and closer to blowing the lock off myself.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero of Time on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:02 pm

~Aaron~

Sweat dripping down my brow, I signal with my free hand. One minute.

The current spilling from my fingers was enough to melt lead, but I couldn't afford to be sloppy. One wrong step, and the entire building's in lockdown, and I don't know everything that Derek can do, but I'm pretty sure he can't fly.

By this point, the footsteps were closer. 30 seconds.

My heart pounded as I placed my free palm on the retina scanner next to the handle. If they disengage simultaneously, the buffer won't signal for extra authentication and the door will open.... hopefully.

Five.... Four.... Three... As I felt the chambers begin to give, I channel my technomancy and reset the retina scanner. In the brief silence, my heart drops, but then.... Click!

Pushing open the door, I turn to Derek, signalling him to get the hell inside.

Administrator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:06 am

~Derek~
With each passing second, the footsteps grow closer. Oh shit oh shit oh shit! We're fucked we're fucked we're fucked!

The sound of my own breathing and the thumping of my heart practically drowns them out as I take a step back, prepared to fight. Though the faintest of clicks piques my attention and I risk a glance over my shoulder once more, watching as Aaron frantically gestures for me to get in.

A manic grin spreads across my face and I take a precious second to throw my fist into the air before I rush toward the door, moving as silently as possible. This dude is a damn genius. . . Is all I could think as I throw open the door, shove Aaron in, and fall in behind him in one single motion. The second I'm in the room, the door swings shut behind me and I place an ear against it in an attempt to figure out if we were spotted.

My heart continues to beat rapidly, the adrenaline flowing freely with no gate to stop it. Though it was one of the best feelings I had ever experienced. Sure, we could die at any moment. But that was half the fun.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 am

“For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse...” (Romans 1:20)

"O God, I could be bounded in a nut shell and count
myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I
have bad dreams." (Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, 2.II)

14 YEARS AGO

"Leave me alone! I hate you!"

The mayor's daughter ran through the park, and her bullies followed.

10-year-old Kate didn't quite understand why some of the older kids seemed to hate her. Some of them cited her father's executive decisions in regards to municipal employment. It wasn't her fault, of course, that their parents' jobs were being threatened. But temper courses like a river, from one generation to the next, and as their parents sought an outlet for their frustrations, so too did Kate's bullies.

It was a clear, sunny day, but the objective beauty of the physical world was marred by this sudden chase that began right after classes let out. Her pursuers followed her from the school courtyard to the park across the street, where whimsical Halloween decorations smiled down haughtily upon her, as if taking pleasure in her torment. A yellowish object flew past her field of vision, and as it spattered across the sidewalk she realized it was one of the bully's rotten bananas. They cackled behind her as she side-stepped to avoid it, taking her diagonally across the park to the other street.

"Don't let her get away!"

"Ah, screw her. She's going down Hematite anyways."

Hematite Alley was a somewhat-notorious side street that connected Riversdale to the Melrose District in Mount Superior. It was named after a once-popular fad in the city that consisted of inlaying hematite jewels in practically everything, but now that the popularity of the mineral has gone down considerably, Hematite Alley became nothing more than an ill-spoken and much-avoided path from the historic district of Mount Superior to its growing crime-hub. Kate understood the dangers of entering Melrose but, fearing the attackers behind her more than the potential dangers ahead, decided the risk was worth it. Besides, she just needed to get them off of her tail. And Hematite Alley would be more than sufficient.

Sure enough, the footsteps behind her faded away the deeper she went inside the alley. The mid-day sun quickly became obscured by the high-rises that flanked the narrow street. Trash bags, scampering rodents, and sleeping vagrants decorated the sides, and young Kate tip-toed her way through the corners, looking for a side exit.

But she found something much worse than that.

"Kate?"

Kate Slough snapped back to reality, thrust fourteen years into the present. Her father, Mayor Louis Slough, stared up at his daughter with concern scrawled all over his face.

"Sorry, dad. I'm okay." She straightened herself up, attempting to regain her typical, steely composure. Louis was not convinced. He rose from his seat, walking to her and placing his hands on her shoulders.

"You've been saying that for the past thirty days, Kate." Louis rubbed her shoulder, trying to ease her noticeable tension. "I may not have exceptional powers like you do, but I know when my child is at unease. Maybe you should speak with a psychologist about-"

Kate shook her head, stepping back from her father. "No. This is my problem. I don't see how a therapist can help me. Besides, it's not my powers I have a problem with. Not entirely, anyways."

"Then what is it?" Louis asked, straightening his jacket. "Please, Kate, if there's anything I can do-"

"What you can do," Kate began, handing her father his coffee from off the desk, "Is stop worrying. Everything is going to be fine."

The mayor nodded. "That's right. You have a meeting with some UNESCO representatives in a few hours, after all. I sure hope it will be promising."

Shit. He was right. Of course, Kate had prepared in the technical sense, but mentally she was flummoxed. The creation of the UNSTF wasn't going to be the only international intervention she and her father would have to face. There was also the matter of the Uplifting itself. The whole world was subjected to a residual energy pulse and, naturally, wanted to know what the origin was. Why did it happen? Would it happen again? Will it have negative side-effects in the future? The UN wanted to establish a methodology to research it, and typically, methodology meant control.

Louis was slowly feeling as if the independence of the city was slipping. And Kate felt it too - as if they were going to become a case study, a science experiment to be quarantined and treated like a specimen. The price to pay for being an epicenter of phenomenon.

"I do too," Kate finally responded. "Don't worry, dad. We still have a right to govern ourselves. Nobody can tell this city otherwise. I'll make sure of that."

But Louis just stared up at the ceiling, and this time, it seemed as if Kate's tension had taken hold of her father.

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am

~Leona
Still breathing heavily, my wounds had finally just stopped bleeding when I heard a voice behind me. Great. Had I been too slow?

Taking my time since I don’t sense too much danger, I slowly get up off the ground and turn around. For a second, I’m not sure what I’m looking at. What is this guy wearing? He looks like some kinda exhabitionist or something... I mean, it was kinda hot, but a little much. Shaking my head, I try not to let my thoughts wander. I needed to focus, and it wasn’t on the guy’s rock hard abs...

“Hey, sorry, you kinda caught me at a bad time,” I say, trying subconsciously to look my best as I stop panting. “Could you just like, forget you saw me for now? We can do this some other time. I’m just gonna go now, sound good?”

The sound of the sirens was getting louder and louder. Probably 30 seconds left until they got here.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next