FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» ☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]
Today at 12:01 pm by Kane

» [APP THREAD] Superior RPG
Yesterday at 9:44 pm by Cana

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by Comrade Squid

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 1:32 am by Cana

» {PROMO THREAD} The Divine
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 am by Salphirix

» Bloodwillow {APP THREAD}
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:03 pm by Comrade Squid

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:23 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Final Fantasy - GoL [Private RP]
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:13 pm by Salphirix

» Fairy Tail: Malevolence
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:36 am by Salphirix

April 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 61 of 62 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 pm

The pilot's words did nothing to reassure Annie. She didn't even notice Lucille's reassuring gaze, because all she could do was kick herself for being so stupid.

Everything tonight had been her fault. All her stalking, all her observation, all her collecting of info, and she didn't find out about Slade until it was too late. And that was only because he slipped up.

I should have known they'd have double agents...

She tried to think about what their next move would be; if they slipped in Slade so easily, what stopped them from having more infiltrate? The thought then dawned on her that they likely wouldn't want to give up their only intel on Harwell's. They needed Slade to step out of the shadows to capture Lucille, for some reason she wish she knew, but maybe they had another agent stay undercover to keep watch. But who could-

No... It can't be...

She glanced over her shoulder, at Gretchen, standing innocently and watching.

It has to be. It can't be anyone else. She met Lucille first thing on the train!

With deadly purpose, she slowly and subtly created a small crystalline blade in her palm, and began to turn around. Then, with rapid speed and a furious scowl, she lunged at her own best friend and shoved her against the wall, holding up the knife to her throat.

"You're with them, aren't you?!" She screamed, already in hysterics and so desperate that she didn't care what everyone else on the chopper thought. "They wouldn't throw away their only intel! You're his cousin! Prove to me you're not working with them!"

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Gretchen couldn't breath. The force of Annie's tackle knocked the air out of Gretchen, and the way she held the knife wasn't making it any easier to fill her lungs.

Then there was that bullshit coming out of her mouth.

The brunette's brain backfired, what felt like for the thousandth time, as Annie's spit fell across her face. She winced at the pain of her skull slamming against the wall of the vehicle, and felt a ribbon form between her fingers in self defense.

"Annie, what the fuck?!" Was all she could muster for that split moment.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:11 pm

- Lucille -

"Annie, no!" I rush over to Annie, putting my forearm in front of her, around her shoulder area, and try to use that to push her away from Gretchen. "Stop it, please!" If Slade's betrayal was enough to break me, then I can't imagine what a betrayal from Gretchen would do. That's one of the many reasons why I refuse to accept the idea.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Currently Watching: The Legend of Korra
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:46 pm

"No, she's with them!" Annie shrieked while fighting Lucille's attempt to pull her away, keeping the knife on Gretchen's throat. "She's known Slade her whole life! How could she not know?"

Her hand was unsteady, shaking furiously as she held the blade to her throat and stared into Gretchen's eyes. The eyes of one of her only friends.

Friends. She never had many. She had lost Leonard. She had lost Slad. She almost lost Lucille.

She couldn't afford to lose another.

Slowly, Annie lowered the knife. Then dropped it to the floor, shattering it as tears welled up in her eyes. She internally chided herself for being so stupid, for thinking Gretchen could possibly be her enemy. The realization of that night's occurrence hit her like a truck. She had thought that her break-up with Fiachra was enough to make it a bad day, but boy was she wrong. Slade had been spying on them for months, and was actually a mass murderer, despite her best efforts to deny that he and Daikaiju were one and the same.

Tentatively, she wrapped her arms around Gretchen's torso, hugging her for support, and began to cry. Not just cry, like she had done in New York- she began to full-on sob, for the first time in a very long time, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:44 pm

- Lucille -

I stare at the sight, swallowing hard. Annie's always been so calm and collected that to see her like this is like getting a shock. I move in closer to Annie and Gretchen, coming from the side and wrapping one arm around each of them in a group hug.

"Empathy, we have Swiftshot and the Director! We're going off to a city; a second helicopter's coming to pick you up."

"Thank you," Empathy said into his communicator, relieved. He turned, watching Valerie and Harbinger trade blows. Harbinger kept striking at her like lightning, quick and deadly, and each time Valerie only barely managed to get out of the way. She thought herself invincible, but even she knew she was wearing down.

"Strongarm!" he called. "We need to go!"

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Gretchen swallowed, seeing that even Lucille couldn't pry the blonde off, and wondered if she was going to have to fight one of her own best friends. Or possibly even more, now that Annie had spoken that idea into being, no matter how false it was.

When she dropped the knife, the brunette couldn't tell if Annie was backing down or if she going to beat Gretchen with only her fists, and her terror spiked for a half second.

Then she watched as the blonde's empty hands clasped around her back, and she sighed. Annie wasn't going to kill her. She knew that. She knew Annie wasn't so heartless.

At least, not as heartless as I thought when we first met.

But her body had a hard time moving, still on high alert. Maybe Gretchen was completely wrong about Annie - maybe Annie was about to show her true colors as the personal information hoarder she was, and reveal she was a spy all along, and take this opportunity to stap Gretchen right in the spinal cord, ending the Seamstess before she even started.

But, despite those terrible thoughts, Gretchen wanted to be wrong, so she let Annie cry, and closed her eyes when Lucille joined them.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:29 pm

~Adair~

My hand flew up to my mouth in shock as Annie jumped at Gretchen with a crystal knife. Riada had scrambled up to his feet as well, ready to jump in between the two before her weapon clattered to the floor. We both relaxed when we realized that Annie wasn't going to attack anymore and Riada's back hit the wall again, sliding back down to the floor and rubbing his hands over his face. I stood next to him, hands clasped in front of me and eyes staring at the floor, feeling like we were intruding on a personal moment.

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Eric watched the whole scene unfold as he sat to the side, unable to process what exactly transpired. It seemed like it was over before it began. After the fight at the mill, he had realized just how Gretchen, Lucille, and Annie had gone through hell and back that night, and he decided not to intrude on the aftermath.

Annie tried to stop the crying, but she couldn't. Everything hurt so much. She hated ASDOM, she hated Harbinger, she hated Slade, and most of all, she hated herself.
The tears flowed a few more minutes, but she finally managed to slow down, her tiny body still heaving from the sobs.

"P-please... please don't h-hate me..." she stammered out in-between sobs to Gretchen.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Gretchen keep returning the hug, running her hands over the back of Annie's shoulders.

"Oh, sweetie, I don't hate you." she replied, voice cracking from her own watery eyes and sudden wave of exhaustion, "You know you'd have to fuck up royally to make me that mad."

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:51 pm

- Lucille -

I have to smile at Gretchen's remark, as tired as she sounds. It isn't until one of the medics clears her throat, prompting me to look up. I release both Gretchen and Annie, handing over my wrists as prompted.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 62 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62  Next