FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» ☆ Superior ☆ [Roleplay Thread]
Today at 12:01 pm by Kane

» [APP THREAD] Superior RPG
Yesterday at 9:44 pm by Cana

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by Comrade Squid

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 1:32 am by Cana

» {PROMO THREAD} The Divine
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 am by Salphirix

» Bloodwillow {APP THREAD}
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:03 pm by Comrade Squid

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:23 pm by Michael DeathFlame

» Final Fantasy - GoL [Private RP]
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:13 pm by Salphirix

» Fairy Tail: Malevolence
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:36 am by Salphirix

April 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 59 of 62 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Gretchen didn't bother drawing her eyes away from Annie long enough to give Eric a glance.

"I'm fine." she said, clearly intending to shut down all conversation.

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:49 am

- Valerie -

His tail knocks into my legs, sending me to the ground. I get up just in time to avoid being crushed by another tree.

"That all you got?" I call out, goading him. I pick up the closest tree, a plan forming in my head.

Not far away from the clearing, Harbinger moaned, holding his head in one of his hands. What was he doing? These were children he was fighting, for god's sake --

No. He crushed the voice as best he could, but the feeling of guilt lingered. This was getting bad. He wasn't hurt. No one had managed to inflict a lick of damage upon him. But there was something else at work. The more he felt guilty, the sooner it would be until he wasn't . . . himself, so to speak.

"Harbinger?" Akira said. Was that worry he heard? Did he really look so pathetic? "Are you . . . okay?"

He gritted his teeth. "Fine. We can still salvage this. I just need to use my abilities in extreme moderation."

"What do you mean? What would happen if you used them too much?"

That was not something he wanted Akira to know if he could help it.

Overhead, aircraft streamed across the night sky. They're trying to close in on Norman. Akira close behind him, Harbinger began running to the cargo trains, in search of something to throw at the planes.

The more the ISO helicopter flew, the closer the sounds of a fight became. Before it could arrive to the scene of the battle, however, three distant figures in the woods could be seen -- a boy with black hair carrying someone, as well as a girl with a shock of white hair. The helicopter began a descent, intending to land near these individuals.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Currently Watching: The Legend of Korra
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:16 am

~Adair~

"Riada!" I gasped out, jumping up onto my knee in my seat as I stared down at the ground, "Riada, it's us, we made it."

I could hear his relieved sigh in my mind and saw him speed up a little, catching up to Lucille and trying to steer her in our direction while saying something to her that I couldn't hear.

~Riada~

"That one's ours, we can get out of here on that," I said to Lucille once I was next to her, voice getting louder as the helicopter got closer to make sure she could hear me.

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:07 pm

- Lucille -

How does he know-- oh, right, the mind-link with Adair. I draw closer to Riada as the helicopter descends through the foilage of the treetops. Though I feel safer, being with someone else, I still look over my shoulder, half-expecting to see Slade or Harbinger jump out of the trees at any moment.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:56 pm

~Riada~

"It's alright, I've got your back," I tried to assure her, even though I couldn't help but glance behind me as well. I couldn't really do anymore to comfort her with the Director in my arms but I hoped my words could do something. But even though the helicopter was so close I really hoped I wasn't making a promise I couldn't keep.

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Slade saw the helicopter fly overheard nearby and began to panic.
That's probably going into to pick up the prisoners... no. I can't let that happen.

This wasn't something Slade wanted to do, but he knew the situation had grown dire enough that he would have to. He'd already set this up earlier, remembering the exact contents of the train cars he had thrown.

And his chest began to glow.

Looking over at the trees behind Valerie, still covered in coal dust that had lingered in the air after the impact, the burning feeling rose through his throat. He braced himself before opening his mouth and vomiting forth a stream of fire at the coal-covered forest, immediately setting several trees ablaze. Hoping the spectacle would be enough to distract his opponent, he lunged at her with his claw open, attempting to grab her.

---

Annie heard Adair shout his brother's name and her eyes widened. She stood up quickly, running to join him by the window and catching a glimpse at the trio. She immediately recognized her friend's white hair.
"Gretchen! Come quick! It's Lucille!"

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 pm

- Valerie -

"Holy shi--" I hold my hand up against the brightness of the flames. I almost don't notice the hand coming at me -- almost. I turn around just in time, swatting his hand away with the tree I have in hand.

- Lucille -

That's what I thought back at the building. Look what happened. Still I smile, nodding again.

The helicopter touches down, and two medics rush out. The female one inspects me. "Ms. Lear? We're with the ISO. How are you feeling?" I shrug; I don't really want to talk right now. "Come inside. We'll get you taken care of."

I walk alongside her, keeping my eyes on the ground. In the meantime, I hear the other medic, a man, approach Riada. "I can take her from here, if you'd like."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:23 pm

~Riada~

"Yeah, thanks," I agreed with a grin, passing the Director off to the medic. The ISO medics were amazing but I really did hope we got her to them in time.

I followed Lucille onto the helicopter and immediately got pulled into a hug. I chuckled and returned the embrace, "We made it."

"Thank god, are you ok?" Adair asked as he let me go, holding onto my shoulders as he searched my face for any pain. His eyes were still wide but I could see the relief flooding through him.

"Yeah, Empathy got me all healed up. I'm just a little tired," I said before my grin widened, "Speaking of, I have to show you something when we have the time. I figured out some new powers."

Adair just rolled his eyes playfully and shook his head before glancing behind me, eyebrows knitting together, "Where are Fiachra and Lachtna? And the others?"

My smile wavered a bit but I tried to keep looking optimistic, "Still back at the fight. We had to get out of there, I had to get Lucille and the Director to safety. They'll be fine though, I'm sure of it."

He nodded but he still seemed worried, and there was something else there that I felt like we needed to talk about later. For now, though, I kept glancing out of the helicopter, looking for anything or anyone that might be coming to screw this rescue mission up again.

Last edited by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:31 pm

Slade retraced his hand when he felt the tree hit it, not wanting to risk any damage to his claws. He wanted to finish Valerie, but he the helicopter was probably escaping as they fought.
....forget it, I'm coming back for you later.

He turned around sharply, hoping to land another hit with his tail before crashing through the burning woods in the direction the helicopter went.

---

As the helicopter doors opened up, Annie's breath quickened when she saw Lucille, alive and unharmed with no enemies in sight. As soon as she was on board, she threw her arms around the snow-haired girl, more for her own well-being than for Lucille's.

"You're alive." She said in happy disbelief, at a loss for words.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:54 am

(I am tired so I'mma just update Lucille for now, will do Valerie soon)

- Lucille -

Talk. Say something. If for no one else, then for Annie.

"So are you," I say quietly. Though my arms remain limp at my sides, I do lean into the blonde, putting my cheek on her shoulder.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 62 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next