FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Page 55 of 76 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 65 ... 76  Next

Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional

Post by 2b3heart on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Aria yelped as she shot into the air, her wings beating as fast as a hummingbirds. Apparently, she was wasn't quite fast enough, as Slade's claws caught her leg. Hot pain burned through her leg, forcing out a scream. She hovered in the hair for a minute, grabbing her leg, trying to stop the bleeding.

The pixie glared at the monster. She can't let him go after the others. Wincing at the pain, sharp roots grew out of of her forearms. She hated doing this, but maybe she could distract Slade long enough for the others. Aria zipped back down at Daikaiju, trying to zip in between and around him. She flew around to his back and stabbed her makeshift sword at him.
2b3heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:07 pm

~Riada~

"Oh," I said dumbly, feeling my cheeks flush as I realized we weren't talking about the same thing, "I'll follow your guys' lead, wasn't sure of the plan."

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Even Eric was shocked at the words that came out of his mouth at that moment.

"Don't worry about me- I'm not important right now."

---

Annie managed to sit up, pain pulsing throughout her body. She started to try to get onto her feet, powered by sheer force of will. "I'm going to keep going whether you like it or not." She said, her voice dead-set and determined.

---

Slade ducked and twirled, trying to hit Aria but barely able to keep his eyes on her. She was incredibly fast and nimble, in contrast to his huge and awkward body.
Will you just... slow down?!?

He felt her dig her blade into his back, piercing his armored hide and damaging his flesh. Incredibly irritated, he quickly reached behind his back with his massive arms, attempting to grab her.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by 2b3heart on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Aria tried to pull out her wooden blade, but the plant was caught, leaving her stuck. Looking up, she saw the giant hand coming for her. Aria frantically pulled at her arm, trying to break the sword off. But she could not break it in time before the hand grabbed her.
2b3heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Slade was surprised that he had actually managed to grab her. He brought his arm back from over his shoulder, looking at his victim. A horrific feeling came over him, as he realized what he had to do.
It's just Aria... I can... maybe I can just injure her! Nobody else has to-

His thoughts were interrupted when a crystal spike struck his hand like lightning and punctured it, forcing him to let go of Aria.

---

Annie, delirious as she was, looked over at the towering shape of Daikaiju. Immediately, she noticed that he had grabbed somebody, though he didn't know who.
"NO!" She shouted instinctively, clapping her hands to the ground and creating a long, crystalline spear from the ground that extended to his claw, causing him to drop the student.

Nearly overwhelmed with both pain and exhaustion, she stumbled backwards, barely stopping herself from falling over.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Gretchen gaped a little at Annie's crystal doing another round of damage, but quickly returned her attention to Annie herself.

"Alright, I'm done arguing. Take. A. Break."
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:06 am

- Valerie -

Riada's words, even if they were confused, still gave Empathy pause, leaving him to deliberate over whether to go after Mom or assist the others. He takes a good few seconds before saying, decisively, "We need to find the Director. ISO backup will be there in short order." He takes a moment, making sure to look Riada in the eye. "Your brother will be fine."

I hope Empathy's not making a promise he can't keep.

Once again, he takes the lead, walking fast before quickening his pace to a run. "Let's go!"

- Lucille -

"He survived."

In my head, Harbinger's words play on repeat, a loop I can't pause or fast-forward through. It serves as a soundtrack to that day eight years ago. Lance teetering, and then falling off of the edge of a cliff. The moonlight catching the shine of his purple eyes before he disappeared from view. I don't see him land, but the faint crunch of bones is what tells me he landed. My scream is almost enough to drown out Harbinger's repeated phrase.

"He survived."

That's impossible.
He couldn't have survived. He couldn't have went to Harwell's, couldn't have been captured. If it's true . . .

If it's true, then that means eight years ago, I was so concerned with my own survival that I didn't properly check my brother's body. That means while I've been hanging out with Slade, Gretchen, and Annie, Lance has been getting tortured. Whenever I needed him, he was there. Now, he needed me more than ever, and I've done nothing.

I squeeze my eyes shut. Lance. Wherever you are -- if you're alive -- please don't break. Please be okay. Then that plea evolves into something else. A promise.

I'll make sure you're okay.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:23 am

~Adair~

My eyes widened slightly at his change in attitude but gave shake of my head, "Right now you do. You're hurt and I won't let that happen again. I'll get you to safety and then go help the others."

~Riada~

"Yeah, yeah he'll be fine," I repeated back to Empathy, more so to keep convincing myself of that. I could hear his thoughts in the back my mind so I knew that he was ok. Backup was coming to help them...but what if they didn't make it in time?

Shaking my head I pushed that thought back. Being negative wouldn't help anything right now, they'd be fine. I looked back up when Empathy said we were moving and took off after him, turning my focus back to what we were doing.

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:11 pm

- Valerie -

I can't help but spare a look at Riada. I want to say something to him regarding his brother, but I'm not totally sure what. I look away, following Empathy.

For once, we get a break -- there hasn't been enough snow to cover the tracks of the woman that took my mom. A path of bootprints wind down the slope, curving deeper into the forest. Empathy follows the trail, and I in turn follow him, watching for any other goons to take out.

- Lucille -

I glance at Harbinger. He looks skyward, up at the helicopter that emerges from the trees. The engine and the sound of the whirring blades grow louder as the helicopter descends, coming closer and closer to us. Harbinger said that if I came quietly, Lance wouldn't get hurt.

The thing is, I don't trust him to keep his word.

I won't be able to do anything for Lance if I'm locked up in a cell. But what happens if I escape tonight? Will they kill Lance in retaliation?

They won't, I decide. If they did capture Lance, then it happened before I arrived at Harwell's. That means they've had him at least since August, probably longer. That seems like a long time to keep a captive alive. There's something -- or someone -- keeping him alive. While they might hurt him if I act out, they won't kill him. As long as he's alive, I've got a chance to save him.

But the helicopter's here. If I want to get away, I have to act now. I look lower, spotting a gun hanging at Harbinger's waist. He still has a hold on my arm, but if I go quickly enough, I could manage to reach it. I could shoot him.

I finally activate my abilities. I see the ghost ofmy arm reach out for the gun. The outline of future Harbinger starts, but not even he can react before he's shot in the stomach.

I don't give myself time to see anything else. While Harbinger's still staring up at the helicopter, I lunge for the gun. True to what I've seen, the actual Haringer starts, but it's too late. I've got the gun in my hands and aimed at his lungs and --

BAM!

I wait for him to drop. To release his hold on my arm, or stagger and give me a chance to knock him off his feet. He keeps standing there. Is it shock that's keeping him standing?

It isn't. His stomach is perfectly unharmed. The bullet lies at Harbinger's feet, like it bounced off of a metal wall.

Horror seizes me once I realize what this means. No . . .

Harbinger tsks. "Couldn't resist taking the bait, could you?" He snatches the gun from my grip as easily as an adult taking a rattle from a toddler. He drags me backward, and I cry out when he slams me against a tree. His free hand pins my head against it, pressing my cheek to the rough bark.

"You," he sneers, "just made a mistake, my dear."

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Erid nodded, wondering where exactly 'safe' was.
"Alright... just point me in the right direction, okay?"

---

Slade paused for a moment, considering the possibility of using flame breath.
No. Too fatal. Maybe I-
A faint sound in the distance caught his ears. Craning his head in the direction it came from, he could swear it was...
Helicopter blades.

With sudden thunderous speed, he turned around and sprinted towards the woods, climbing over the metal roof of a large shed to get there.

---

Annie's heart sank when she saw Slade quickly making distance between them.
"He's... getting away..." She said, disappointment and sadness apparent in her voice.

As much as he hated to admit, she was hurt. Eric was hurt. Aria had barely avoided death. And they were all weary, not one of them being in the condition to chase Daikaiju.

Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 76 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 65 ... 76  Next