FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 67 of 75 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 71 ... 75  Next

Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:01 am

- Karra -

“Woah, woah, woah!” The minute I catch up to Direnu, he’s off again, shouting Genevieve’s name. “Calm down!” I march over to the window in the meantime. “What’s even going on?”

Then I see what’s going on. The torches of soldiers illuminate the streets of the capital, and several subjects jump back from the soldiers or risk getting shoved personally by them.

“We never catch a break,” I mutter, right before dashing in the opposite direction as Direnu. I’ve got to alert my brother.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:33 pm

- Briony -

"My darling," the wizard cooed at me, almost tauntingly. "It's been so long." Before I could react, he pulled his hand into a fist, enclosing thick shadows around Pippin's body to trap him.

I whipped around so quickly that I almost hurt my neck. "Pippin!" I cried.

"This is a confrontation you'll have to make alone, your highness."

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 pm

~Pippin~

He starts talking to my sister in a tone that sends a shiver of disgust through me and I almost go to attack him again before a wall of darkness envelopes me.

"Briony?!" I called out, banging on the shadows surrounding me as panic slowly wells up. I couldn't do this. Dammit I had only been 'normal' for a day and it was already getting too much again. I took my knife and tried to break this magic around me, desperately trying to answer my little sister's cries, "BRIONY! BRIONY!"

This is the Legend of
DELTA RUNE
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:21 am

- Alric -

"Nothing in the library?"

Ana shakes her head. "Nothing that related to the Amarian Clan, no. We'll have to rely on something else if we're to find the Staff of Amari."

I sigh, leaning my head against the wall next to her bedroom door. Though before I can comment on the situation, Ana adds, "I did find something else that was peculiar, though."

"What?"

"I was looking in a mythology book. There was an illustration of a Heijiki that looked a lot like you."

"Because of white hair and purple eyes?" I snort. "Lots of Heijiki have those. We tend to all blend in together, unless you're a special Mahon."

"You don't understa--"

"Hey! Alric, Anastasia!"

Karra arrives, coming to a stop in front of us. With the rate she was going, most messengers would have been out of breath. But this is Karra we're talking about, so she's not out of breath at all.

But the situation still seems grave. "So, uh . . . there's kind of an army outside."

I stand straight. "What do you mean, kind of an army outside?"

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am

- Briony -

I steadied myself, staring daggers at the white-haired man who stood across from me. He had haunted my dreams, tortured my mind, and caused my family utter anguish... But not anymore. We would end this the way this whole journey began -- the two of us, surrounded by the plants of the courtyard and the chilling night air.

"What is that look, princess?" Ivelore teased. "It's so... Dark and hateful. Not appropriate for your face at all."

"That tone of voice only makes me more eager to kill you," I growled back, feeling my arms begin to shake with both fear and rage.

To my surprise, he smiled. His entire form then began to slowly shift; his petite shoulders grew wider, his hair turned darker, his eyes turned a bright blue... Within seconds, King James was standing before me. My head began to spin and I stumbled over, utterly jarred by seeing my father right in front of me.

A shadowed arm rose from the ground at a simple flick of my "father's" finger. Its icy fingers twisted around my neck in a choke hold, and I found myself gasping and crying.

"Why would my daughter say such a thing?" The voice was my father's, deep and powerful. "Are you finally giving into the hatred in your heart?"

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 am

~Pippin~

I stop banging on the damn shadows keeping me away from my sister at the sound of my father's voice. I'm shaken for a second, remembering all that I've seen, all that I've been through. It's not him. No, no, that bastard is just playing more tricks. Dammit he's still playing her, he's going to hurt her-

"BRIONY!" I scream again, not even sure if she can hear me, "Don't listen to him! It's that bastard, he's still trying to play us, it's not dad!"

This is the Legend of
DELTA RUNE
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 am

- Alric -

"There's an army?" Ana repeats, her face going pale. "You're serious. An army. Are we heading into war?"

Neither Karra nor I have answers for her as her face crumples and her fox ears droop in fear. "I . . . I'm a hunter, not a soldier. I only wanted to bring honor to my clan, not fight in a war --"

"Ana, hey." I take her hand, careful to avoid her sharp, animalistic claws. "You're stronger than you know."

I hold the eye contact with her, making sure she feels every bit of my words. Her hand shakes under my grip; I squeeze it again, and the shaking lessens. She manages a small smile.

Once I know she's been reassured, I drop her hand, looking between the Furian and my sister. "Let's go. If we want to make it through the night, we need to start preparing now."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:58 am

- Briony -

I sank to my knees, feeling the dew of the cool grass soak my clothes. I could almost hear Pippin screaming in the back of my mind, begging me to not fall victim to his trick, but... The vision was just so real. He began to approach, sinking onto one of his knees so he could look me in the eye.

"You have lost, little one. Our kingdom has fallen. You can stop struggling now."

He reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. At his touch, I began to tremble, anxiety seizing me as Ivelore's mind games began to settle in. I began to cry, attempting to formulate teary sentences that ultimately made no sense.

"The Forevigors must come to an end."

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:04 am

~Pippin~

"Kiel, mom, someone...help," I couldn't do anything, I was nothing compared to the wizard, he was right. Briony needed help and I couldn't do it. I couldn't break out of it, "Please, she needs help."

I kept banging on the wall of shadow, trying desperately to save her. Wave after wave of magic, more than I ever thought I was capable of, rushed out of me. I didn't even know if I could reach her but I could only keep trying to infuse her with courage and hope so that she could escape his grasp.

This is the Legend of
DELTA RUNE
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:22 am

- Alric -

"Karra, find weapons and arm everyone," I bark. I'm no military commander, but I'll be damned if we don't do something. "Ana, spread warning, start getting civilians to safety."

"I'll join her after I'm done arming others," Karra says. "The civilians are innocent, they need protection until they're safe."

"Right." I'm so caught in the moment, so business-minded as I walk through the halls, that I almost fail to recognize it.

While there are some Heijiki servants and civilians, the majority of them are Albirian. Karra Aldaine just volunteered, of her own free will, to protect Albirian lives.

Karra frowns. "What're you looking at me like that for?"

"Nothing," I say quietly. "It's just . . ."

You've come so far, Karra. I'm proud of you.

"That sounds like a good idea," I say.

We come to a fork in the halls. Karra and Ana run in one direction to warn the others, and I head in the other -- I don't have any weapons on my person, and I need to arm myself before heading into a fight. I burst into my room, ripping open my bag and hastily tying two knives to my belt, shelving another two in my boot. I turn right on my heel, about to leave my room, only for a thought to strike me.

I asked Kiel for necromancy lessons so I could protect others.

If there's any time for me to learn fast, it's now.

I turn around, finding a shadow in the corner of my room, created by the influx of light streaming through the window. Taking a deep breath, I walk over to the shadow.

I remember the training I'd done through the forest and through the trek on the way here. I remember continually sinking my foot into the shadow and pulling it out. It had been like submerging it underwater. Shadow-traveling is just that, but with my whole body.

I close my eyes, slipping my foot into the shadow's murky depths. It receives me, and my foot struggles to find traction. When it does, I put the other foot in. I wade in, up to my knees. My waist.

And then, envisioning the outside hall as my destination, I plunge headfirst into the shadow.

Kiel never did justice to just how disorienting the whole experience is. If putting my foot into the shadow is like dipping my toes into a puddle, then shadow-traveling is like diving headfirst into a churning ocean and getting caught up in the tide in the middle of a wave. I can't control where I'm going -- can't even see it. I can already tell I'm veering way off-course from the destination I had in mind. The shadow pulls me forward every which way, and I force myself to come up for air --

When I emerge out of the shadowy dimension, I end up not in the hall, where I'd been trying to go. Instead, there are a few trees, benches, a cobblestone path. I have only moments to take in the fact that I'm in a courtyard before I hear Ivelore's voice.

Shit! I think fast, ducking under the bench, trying to control my breathing. I've heard so much of Ivelore, but . . . apart from the ball, this is the closest I've ever been to him.

Relax. Breathe. I count to ten, steadying myself, but there's barely even enough time to do that. I take a chance, peering over the bench. Already Ivelore's proclaiming the end of the Forevigors, standing over Briony, a mass of shadows nearby. The mass of shadows coil and writhe, like they're alive --

Or like there's someone inside, trying to break free.

"Kiel, mom, someone...help. Please, she needs help." Pippin. Briony does need help, but what about him?

I look between Briony and Pippin, torn between what to do. He's asking for others to help her, but I can't take Ivelore in a head-on fight. Subtly undoing Ivelore's prison, however . . .

I can at least try, while Ivelore still has his attention on Briony. Still hiding behind the bench, I close my eyes and reach out to the shadows trapping Pippin, stretching out to it and working on it, seeing if there's anything I can do at all to free him.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 75 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 71 ... 75  Next