FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Yesterday at 8:44 pm by Comrade Squid

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Yesterday at 7:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» [PROMO THREAD] Asphodel
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:28 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:16 pm by Comrade Squid

» Evergreen: Academy for Spies: Incalescent [roleplay thread]
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:48 pm by Sal

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» Ithaca in the Rapture
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 am by ~Dylan Battle~

» Soulblade [Applications Thread]
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:30 am by Adrian

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 51 of 72 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 61 ... 72  Next

Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by boyhoy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:37 am

~Finn~
I walk alongside her, staying close by and doing my best to keep my breathing calm and even. I wasn't sure what to expect outside; I never had to visit a cemetery or grave before. All I knew is that I had to remain by her side, supporting her no matter what. That's all I could do right now.

~Kiel~
With years of training, I had been pretty adept at keeping my emotions in check. I would pride myself on my ability to remain impartial and level-headed, to not cause a shift in my demeanor no matter what was thrown my way. It was what was necessary as a king, of course. It had taken years of practice and lectures and reprimands from my father, but I had mastered the art.

Until this moment, that is. Seeing my mother bruised, beaten, on the verge of terrified. Looking at that sick and twisted fuck and watching how he approached her. The predatory and merciless glint to his eyes. All of it got me heated like I had rarely ever felt before. My eyebrow starts to twitch and my mouth twists into a grimace. My free hand forms into a fist and I clench it tightly, my knuckles immediately turning white as thin crescents cut into my palm and start to pool blood.

I feel the shadows around me start to wrap around my feet, condense at my shoes. Even though we were in an illusion, I could feel their presence. They slowly pool on my arms, dripping down to the ground and hardening in odd ways that I never experienced before. A thin breeze shuffles around me as the tips of my hair stand on end. I could hear my heartbeat more prevalent than the words of the illusion in my own head, the thumps coursing throughout my entire body. I try to control my breathing, to get my emotions back in check. But the rage circulates through me, bubbling and boiling until it's about to burst.

I say nothing, eyes straight ahead as I stare daggers into this man, this monster. The demon who had cost me so much. I wait for the image to change, for this bastard to get out of my sight.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:43 am

~Pippin~

I nearly jump at the intense rage I could suddenly feel. My head turned to see Kiel and my eyes widen as I see that it's getting to the point that he's losing control of his powers. I...don't think I've ever seen him like this.

But I understood what he was feeling. It was the same thing I was desperately trying to shove down in my own mind.

I took a breath, not letting it overtake me as I take a step to the side. I keep one hand on mom's shoulder but place my other on his so I can watch from behind them. I squeezed his shoulder and let out a burst of calming energy to help him and mom too. I knew that he was angry, I was too, but for right now we both needed to be calm enough to see what mom was trying to show us. No matter how much it hurt.

~Kiana~

Everything felt heavy as I kept walking to the door, pushing it open slowly. I swallowed thickly, unable to keep my breath steady as I kept squeezing Finn's hand. If he wasn't here for me I might have passed out.

I could see a small cluster of gravestones and I started to move again, feeling tears prick at my eyes again. I scanned the rows of graves before I spotted what I was looking for. I had to turn my head and hide my face in Finn's shoulder for a moment, choking on my tears as I saw the names on the simple grave.

In memory of Vincent and Veila Mordulane.

When witches are riding, and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers, "Tis near Halloween."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:57 am

~Kiel~
I feel the familiar sensation of Pippin's magic, though this time it hits me more like a slap in the face than what I was used to. However, honestly it was what I needed. I feel my muscles start to relax on their own volition, then quickly fall into that sensation and relax myself as well. A low sigh escapes my lips and I roll my neck and shoulders, feeling the remaining tension fade. Along with it, the shadows that had pooled around me fade away, dripping off me and dissolving back into the ground or wherever they came from in the first place. I turn my head to Pippin and offer a grateful nod before directing my attention forward once more.

~Finn~
I rub her hair softly, allowing her to cry. Death was not something to easily overcome, grief was a tumultuous and continuous process. I was at the point where I could accept it and look back on my life with strength. Though for Kiana, the wound was fresh and bleeding with no end in sight. Any words said would simply be bandages desperately trying to stop the flow of blood.

I wait, letting her get her emotions out. Time passes and I let it. Eventually, I clear my throat and decide to speak. "Is there. . . Would you like to say anything to them?" I ask, hesitantly. It would be difficult, but sometimes speaking to the deceased helped the process of grief.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:31 am

~Pippin~

I squeeze his shoulder again and give him a small smile, glad I was at least able to help him a little. With that I turn back to the scene in front of us, smile falling as I move closer to mom to offer her any comfort I can.

~Kiana~

I suck in a few breaths, slowly turning away from his shoulder and nodding even though I don't want to leave the comfort of his arms.

I move over to the grave, slowly lowering myself to my knees as I run my fingers over the words, "Hey mom, hey dad. It's me, Kiana...I never really knew if you would remember me. It's been so long since I saw you last. Maybe I was just being an angry teenager."

I let out a tiny laugh at my own dumb joke, "But...I'm sorry I couldn't get to you in time. I was looking, I promise. I wanted to get you out of this life, I didn't know how you were doing. I guess Godwin was treating you really well but still...they all just took you away from home. Away from me. One of the people here told me you talked about me, that you said you loved me, but I wanted to tell you guys so bad."

I felt awful, breaking down a few seconds after I got it back together, but I couldn't help it as I wrapped my arms around my self and bent forward over their grave, tears falling onto the freshly dug earth, "I loved you so much."

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:54 pm

- Genevieve -

"Belial," I tried to say calmly, but my voice still trembled. "You can let me go."

His expression saddened and his grip on me slacked. For a brief moment, there was a dark aura surrounding his slender frame. "That's exactly what I'm afraid of doing," he whispered.

In hindsight, I knew that this moment was Fate telling me to run. A Saintas and a Paledream were never meant to be together; after all, he was what I was supposed to destroy. But my younger and abused self couldn't begin to imagine life without the Heijiki standing before her.

No more words were said. I pulled him into a fierce hug and allowed my skinny body to shake with contained sobs. Then, the scene changed again.

"What do you mean, you sense him?"

James, Direnu, and I were gathered in the twins' nursery. This was a day or so after I had figured out I was pregnant with Briony, looking much healthier, when something in the universe took a dangerous shift.

"I don't know, Vivi," Direnu answered, using my nickname to calm me. "There's just an overwhelming evil energy..."

James stiffened. "Does that mean he's after the boys?"

"He could be after all of you."

That caused me to shudder. All three pairs of eyes cast over to the toddlers, who were busying themselves by playing with blocks. I immediately went over, scooping them both up into my arms, ignoring their gibberish protests as I gave Direnu an utter look of desperation. "We have to hide, get out, do something--" My panic was causing the boys to stir.

My husband took notice and placed his hands on my shoulders, casting a powerful soothing energy into my body. I felt myself physically relax and my babies cooed, but I could still feel anxiety swirling within the pit of my stomach.

"Don't make any rash decisions," Direnu half-scolded. "Belial's power isn't at its full potential. If anything were to happen right now, I would be able to take him. If Irongale hasn't made its return, perhaps there isn't much to worry about."

Pippin reached out his little hand to Direnu from the nook of my elbow. "Uncle!" Kiel just watched through half-lidded eyes.

Direnu gave Pippin his finger to grab and began to grin half-heartedly. "Who knows," he continued. "Maybe these pipsqueaks of yours will be the ones to save the world."

"I wouldn't want that burden on them."

James took Pippin from me, bouncing him in his arms as he started to tear up. He was always so keen on emotions, even as a two-year-old. Just like his father. Kiel shifted in my arms and wrapped his arms around my neck, cooing "mama" over and over again. I rubbed his back gently, my eyes cast to the floor.

"Well," Direnu sighed. "Try to relax for now, you two. I know that's hard with two runts and a psychopath on the loose, but with me around, you really shouldn't have to worry." He turned to walk away, casting one last glance to the pair of us. "History can't repeat itself. Not yet, anyway."

As soon as he left, I collapsed onto the floor, sobbing. Kiel remained in my arms while James and Pippin hurried over to give me comfort. James took me into his arms while the twins nestled into my lap, staring up sadly at me as the tears fell.

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:43 pm

~Pippin~

I was finally able to fully push away my anger once I couldn't see Ivelore (Belial, bastard, whatever), even though I knew that would be seething in me for a long time after this. The only reason I was able to do it at all was seeing mom in the vision after she met dad. She looked healthier, and even though she looked nervous it wasn't the same thing as what the wizard had been doing to her for so long.

Everyone seemed to be talking about the wizard, probably just the start of his plans that led up to today. Everyone looked nervous but no one as much as mom, who seemed to be on the verge of panic. Dad walked over and placed his hands on her shoulders and his presence seemed to have a calming effect on her, almost like...

Voodoo magic.

My breath caught in my throat and I couldn't let it out, the realization crashing over me. Dad was a voodoo magician. Mom's shoulders visibly relaxed at his touch and her expression softened as he used the exact same tactic I was using on her and Kiel now. What the fuck.

My entire life he never accepted my powers. He always said that they were useless, that they could never protect anyone, and I started to believe him. I heard it so often I started repeating it to myself. All that time and he never told me we had the same powers. He never made me feel better about them, never reassured me with his own skills, just put me down time and time again.

I was so shocked and hurt that I couldn't find it in myself to make some snarky remark about calling Direnu "uncle." I finally found my breath and tried to pay attention to what mom was showing us, Ivelore was gaining power, he was after all of us, Direnu was supposed to protect us...

But no matter how hard I tried to concentrate that one question was lodged in my mind, Why didn't he just tell me.

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:02 pm

- Alric -

On our way to the castle, an idea strikes me. “Hey, Ana, so for the Staff of Amari, do you remember who was Chief when the invaders attacked the Amarian clan and stole the Staff?”

Ana frowns. “Not right now. I’m not good with history. Perhaps we could check the records in the library. Why?”

I start to grin. “I think I have an idea for how to find it.”

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
Currently Watching: Miraculous Ladybug
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:22 pm

~Kiel~
I raise an eyebrow in confusion, not fully grasping the content of this scene. I was getting to my limit in terms of incoming information and this just made matters even more jumbled. There was so much I didn't know, didn't understand, I almost felt lost in a sense. I narrow my eyes, trying to soak it all in despite the ever growing ache I could feel within my mind. This was just all too strange.

~Finn~
I slowly walk over and kneel beside her, placing an arm around her shoulder. It hurt so badly to see her in so much pain; I wanted so badly to take it all away. If there was some way I could siphon all of her hurt out of her and place it in myself, I would do so in an instant.

Unfortunately, that was not an option. All I could do is help her along this journey and be there by her side each step of the way. I shove down the tears that were starting to form based on her own reaction and clear my throat. I needed to be strong for her right now, not emotional. So damn it I would be strong.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:50 am

- Alric -

Ana and I clear the castle gates and walk into the building itself. Ana only ceases to stare at the polished floors and beautiful arrangements once we pass the main entrance. “Where’s the library?”

“Try asking a servant,” I say. “I’ll meet you there shortly.”

I leave her to that, and in the meantime I find my way back to the guest rooms, which were conveniently not too far from the entrance. I spot the one that I’m pretty sure is Vivian’s, and then knock on it.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
Currently Watching: Miraculous Ladybug
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 pm

- Genevieve -

I settled back down, eyes cast to the ground as I tried to regain my composure. Godwin simply watched me with sympathy in his eyes, knowing how difficult these discoveries would be for all of us.

"I'm sorry," I said quietly. "We wanted to protect you from all this evil... All this suffering... We were afraid, but even more afraid to put you two in danger."

- Vivian -

I opened the door pretty quickly after the knock sounded, thinking it rude to keep the person on the other side waiting. My movements were heavy, however, because of the sorrow I still felt in my heart.

To my surprise, Alric was waiting for me on the other side of the door. "Good evening, Mr. Aldaine," I greeted, bowing my head. "Can I help you with something?"

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 72 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 61 ... 72  Next