FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
August 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 50 of 70 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 60 ... 70  Next

Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 am

~Pippin~

I had to blink back tears at mom's sentiment, not liking how she was talking about leaving us again. I wanted to promise her that I wouldn't let it happen but...I had already broken that promise once.

"Can we even win a war?" I asked, quieter now as the gravity of the situation finally starting to set in.

~Kiana~

The woman takes a step towards me but I back away, shaking my head slowly. I reach back shakily and take Finn's hand in my own to ground me, holding on tight as she continues to come closer.

"No...no you aren't Veila are you?" she asked, eyes narrowing as she gets close enough to see me clearly, "But you look so much like her."

It takes me a minute to find my voice, throat feeling like it's closing up in fear. I keep telling myself that she might be thinking of a different Veila but I can feel it in my heart that she isn't, "I-I'm not Veila, I'm Kiana. How do you know her?"

The name seems to spark some recognition in her eyes and her face softens, "She worked here for many years. Veila...and her husband Vincent Mordulane."

My other hand flies up to lay over my heart and I start blinking back tears before they can fall. Maybe I'm hearing her wrong, maybe they're both still here, "What do you mean worked?"

"Oh, dear," she said, face growing sadder and sadder as she seems to realize who I am, "They both passed away about a week ago."

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:01 am

~Kiel~
As she speaks, I say nothing. I could already feel the emotions welling up inside of me and I knew if I spoke now, they would overflow. Now was not the time nor the place for that. I knew by the way my mother was speaking, the emotion she was trying to contain, that her words held truth. I wanted so desperately to deny it, but it was written all over her face. Her emotions spoke volumes and I didn't need voodoo magic to read them at this point.

I reach out and take my mother's hand, attempting to hold back the tears as I squeeze it tightly. I wanted so badly to hold on to her, not allow her to slip away. If I did, she might vanish just as she did whenever I summoned her spirit. After all these heartbreaking years, I had finally been able to hold her again.

And I didn't want to let go.

I knew I should be maintaining my composure; there was work to be done after the news that was just given. I should be thinking rationally, keeping my emotions on the back burner as I planned out what to do next. Though with the news that my mother would be leaving once more, I felt more like a child than a king. And a child needs their mother.

~Finn~
It takes me a moment to take in the situation, though once it hits me, I draw in a breath. I lower my hand from Kiana's, pulling her into an embrace instead. I could feel her shaking form against my own and rub her back to try and soothe her. Though I know it won't truly help. I had been exposed to people grieving enough these past few days to know that it won't do much. But it was all I could do. That thought alone eats away at me; I should be able to do more for her, to take her pain. But those are foolish thoughts and even I know better than that. Though knowing doesn't make it any easier to stomach.

I continue to hold her, not daring to speak. I didn't know what to say and anything I could think of sounded cliche and invalidating of what she was experiencing. I would let her speak if she wanted. Then go from there.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:29 am

~Kiana~

I let Finn pull me into an embrace and cling to him. A week. If we had gotten here a week ago I would have been able to see them...I would've been able to tell them I loved them one last time. They were taken so far away from me but I came so close, just to find out they were even further from me now.

"They both came down with an illness," the woman explained softly. I couldn't look at her, frozen in place where Finn was holding me as I cried into his shirt. Even so she continue to explain, "His Highness, King Godwin, did everything he could to help but it was incurable. He made sure they were comfortable in their last days. They wouldn't stop talking about you, Kiana. You were their pride and joy and their last regret was not being able to see you again. They loved you so much, dear."

I choked on a sob, her words helping and hurting at the same time. They hadn't forgotten about me, they still loved me after all this time...but they would never get to know how much I missed them.

The woman stayed for a few seconds longer but in my silence she began to push the broken pieces of china back into the door, starting to close it before pausing, "Kiana, dear. If you wish to visit them we buried them outside of the castle under one of the larger trees. There are gravestones that were made for them. I'm so very sorry."

I nodded but waited for the door to close before I finally started talking, voice wet from tears, "Finn, I was so close. I was so close to them but I...I couldn't get to them."

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:13 pm

- Genevieve -

It would be my greatest honor to give my life to let them live.

I let Kiel take my hand, then covered his own with my other one. It took me a moment, but after a few deep breaths, I was composed enough to speak without my voice shaking.

"I want you two to understand the past you were protected from in full. I want Godwin to allow you to see the important memories of when I was alive. Is that alright with you both?"

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:04 pm

~Phillip~

"I vow to keep her safe, as I have always tried," I said, bowing my head a bit lower.

~Pippin~

I almost go to grab her other hand beside my brother, feeling anguish building in her, but then she uses that hand to cover Kiel's and I stay put. She was talking about so many secrets but it suddenly hit me that out of all these people in the room I knew my mother least of all. Everyone seemed to have such a deep connection with her, but I was just the son that never got to meet his mother.

"Yeah, yeah that's fine," I said, forcing a small smile as my voice became tight.

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:45 pm

~Kiel~
I pick up on the shift in Pippin's tone, glancing at him out of the corner of my eye but saying nothing. I wasn't sure what was agitating him so much, but it was clear to me that something was hitting a nerve within him. Now was probably not a good time to bring it up so I let it go for the time being, nodding in response to my mother's proposal.

~Finn~
"I'm so sorry, Kiana. I don't know all about your situation, but I do know how badly it hurts to lose parents. It's devastating and you feel like your whole world has shattered. It must be hard to know that they're gone, that you didn't get to say goodbye. But they died thinking of you, knowing how much you loved them and how much they loved you. I'm sure they're incredibly proud of you," I whisper, unsure of what to say in the moment.

I let the silence drape over us before speaking once more. "Do you want to go out and see them?"

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:20 pm

~Kiana~

For a long moment I just let myself be held, feeling bad that Finn had to see me like this but also appreciating the comfort. My whole life I spent hours searching for my parents. I would steal records from the castles across Albion and try to find their names anywhere in the documents. They did appear in a few but it always said that they had been sold to a different castle and I would have to start all over again.

My "aunt" always told me to just forget them, that I would never be able to get them out of slavery, "It's the fate of many Heijiki, we have all come to accept this. There's no point fighting a battle we can't win."

Any Heijiki brought out of our city never returned from wherever they were shipped off to, but I was determined. At first I was so angry with them. They left me behind with some random family that hated me. I thought my parents hated me too. I wanted to find them to tell them how much I still loved them, wanting to know if they ever truly loved me to.

I guess I found out too late.

Finn asks a question and it takes me a second to answer, slowly nodding my head before I looked up to him with teary eyes, "Do you...mind coming with me? I don't think I can go out there alone."

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:45 pm

~Finn~
"Of course I don't mind," I assure her, wiping away some of the tears that had begun to stain her cheek. I let her out of my embrace, settling for holding her hand instead.

"Whenever you're ready."

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 pm

(splitting this flashback into two posts eek #toolong)

- Genevieve -

With both of their affirmations, I looked to Godwin. We exchanged a conversation only through our eyes. A moment later, he waved his hand again, selecting a memory from my mind that would best illustrate the information my sons would need to know. The balcony faded once more, materializing into the inside of a small house, which was lit with long slender candles at each window. It was a cozy scene, but I could only sense the agony in the atmosphere.

A young man sat at the little wooden table by his lonesome, reading a small tattered journal. As he took in each line, his eyes flashed a brilliant violet. His long white hair was tied back into an elegant ponytail that emphasized his angular and handsome features.

"Arthur, Orion, Harry, Wesley..." He paused at the next name. "Kiel. Kiel... What an odd name for her to like." The man continued, flipping over to the next page, skimming the scribbles and red ink. "Lucan, Oliver... Scratched out..." He reached the name at the end of the page, which was also circled. "Pippin."

He whispered that name as though it were a foreign term. Without another moment of thought, he flipped through a couple more pages, finally landing upon a longer entry. I could see my own elegant handwriting from where I stood.

"The pain is growing too great. I feel as though that which I love will end up killing me in the end."

He immediately flipped the page. His expression began to morph into one of distant anger as he read: "My destiny must lie within the name 'James.' I've been hearing it my entire life."

I could feel Belial's heart drop. The second my footsteps began to sound, he shot up out of the seat, tucking the journal away in his robes. When my younger self entered, I sucked in a breath.

I was skinny, covered in faint bruises. My expression was kind, but my green eyes were exhausted and sorrowful. I assessed my lover briefly before saying, "Up late, darling?"

Belial cleared his throat. "It's no use trying to sleep when my mind is so alive."

"I see." I moved for the kitchen, though my gaze warily lingered on him for only a brief second. "Do you need sleep elixir? I can make some pretty quickly. I think we have the ingre..." It was then when I noticed something was wrong. "Something's on your mind."

He opened his mouth, but then closed it. He struggled with formulating words for a good minute before saying which much difficulty, "What... What is the name 'James' to you?"

I paused. "Not much," I decided to answer. "I've never met a James."

"That's the prince's name."

"And?" I laughed. "I've never met him."

The young Heijiki's next question was slow and calculated. "Would you like to?" I could hear the bone-chilling dangerousness in his voice, one that behaved as a warning that he may lose his composure at any moment.

I turned to him, keeping my eyes level. "Are you trying to get at something?"

"You're afraid of me." His accusation was direct, but his voice still shook. "You think I'm going to kill you."

Belial's accumulating evil energy caused all of the candles to snuff their flames. The room was now dark, illuminated only by the moon's eerie glow. I could see myself shrinking back away from his icy rage.

"No," I whispered, trying to keep my tone soothing. "No, not at all. I love you. Y-You know that."

He began to approach, steps slow. "Genevieve."

"Belial..."

His fingers grasped the front of my shirt. He pulled me closer to him, lowering his face so that our noses almost touched. I was tempted to shut my eyes in that moment, sickened at the scene, knowing what would happen to me. But I stayed focused, knowing that this past was a part of me, dead or alive.

"Does that monster inside of you make you desire things you cannot have?"

I didn't answer.

"Why are you letting this monster control you--" His hand moved away from my shirt, choosing to grip my waist instead. "--When all you need is me?"

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:06 am

~Pippin~

I looked around the room, eyes drawn to the white haired guy at the table. My eyes immediately narrowed as I recognized Ivelore. I wondered how recent this memory was considering he looked exactly the same as he did at the ball, and I also wondered where all of this was going.

I leaned forward to read the words on the tiny journal in his hands, freezing as he read out mine and Kiel's name. Was that...mom's? That question was answered quickly as she walked in the room looking younger, hurt, and thinner. My hands clenched in anger the second I noticed her injuries and exhaustion, wanting to punch the man in front of me even though I knew it wasn't real.

There were so many things I wanted to ask but the main thought I had was why mom was here in the first place. Had he kidnapped her? Tricked her into staying with him?

The memory continued and even though things became clearer I just got more and more confused. Darling, i love you, all you need is me. Mom was seeing Ivelore before she met dad.

Judging by the bruises and rough behavior it wasn't a very happy relationship. That made me want to kill the bastard in front of me even more. Not only had he hurt my sister he hurt my mom in a similar way, and I would never ever let him get away with that.

That thought made me back away from the table again, this time taking the steps back to mom and Kiel to put a comforting hand on her shoulder. Those thoughts I had before this vision appeared hurt, along with all of these damn secrets, but she was still my mom. I loved her so much, and I know why she was showing us these things, but she didn't need to be reliving them alone.

~Kiana~

I leaned into his hand as he brushed the tears off of my face, the gesture brining a small smile to my lips before it fell again. I took his hand in mine, holding on tight like I was afraid he might disappear from me too. I searched the hallway for a door to the courtyard and started moving towards one, every step getting harder than the last.

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down