FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Yesterday at 8:27 pm by WritingBookworm

» A Tired Hiatus
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:43 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» ✮ app thread ✮ Danmachi
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am by LuciusCypher

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:02 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» « Asphodel »
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 pm by Hime

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am by Lady Senbonzakura

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:42 pm by Captain Whitehawk

December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 4 of 76 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40 ... 76  Next

Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:03 am

~Pippin~

I see Kiel fall beside me and try to go to him but I couldn't force myself to move as I shook from crying. Then Irene is holding me and I look up at her before falling back into her embrace, sobbing into her shoulder.

Dammit I shouldn't let her see me like this, or Kiel, or Vivian, or anyone. I had to be strong when the others couldn't be, but...It just hurt. It hurt so much it felt like I was dying too, like I was trying to reach my baby sister again despite my soul being bound to the earth while hers had gone somewhere beyond our sight.

So I cried. I cried and cried until no noise came out and I was just clutching onto Irene's clothes as tears streamed down my face. The only thing I could think to say was being repeated in a soft whisper as she stroked my hair, "I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry..."

A hand was grabbing at mine and I could vaguely sense the presence of my mother as I gripped onto it, squeezing it in mine as all of us grieved the loss of my baby sister.

Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:47 pm

- Genevieve -

I pressed my eyes shut at he sound of Pippin's cries and tearful apologies. With my daughter gone, it felt as though I was holding the rest of my world in my hands. My boys weren't nineteen, but rather two again, crying in my arms about the storm.

This was a storm within itself, but a storm that would never pass.

"Kiel... Pippin..."

My voice was quiet and gentle. A realization had just dawned upon me – the realization that now that she was gone, they had to know the truth of her fate. They had to know the truth of why she was afraid of hurting them. It was a truth I knew all too well.

"When we get somewhere safer, I want to talk to you both about something important. I know it'll be difficult to hear, but the truth is better than ignorance."

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:16 pm

- Alric -

Without a word, I get up to my feet, leaving the fireplace. There's nothing I can say to the twins to alleviate their pain, or to anyone in Irongale, and they need a moment to grieve before learning the exact details of Phillip and Briony's deaths.

In the meantime, there's something I need to try. I pace out of the clearing and into the forest's depths.

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm

~Pippin~

I can only nod weakly, barely hearing her words but getting the message, but I didn't move any more than that. Now that the tears had started I didn't think it would stop, I didn't think I could make them stop.

I just held onto Irene like I thought she was going to disappear too, taking some comfort from her being so close but this was too much of a blow. I didn't know if I'd ever be ok again.

Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

~Irene~
"Be sorry for nothing," I say softly, letting him cry into me as I rest my head on top of his. I hold him close, doing my best to help him feel as secure as I possibly could in this moment. He was experiencing pain beyond which I could comprehend and I knew it would take him long to recover. I also knew I would be by his side, each step of the way. I would support him, let him lean on me, care for him, and love him as much as I could to help him through this.

"I am the one who is sorry, my love. I'm sorry this happened. I'm so so sorry," I add, rubbing his back as I speak. It was all I could do and say and I knew it wouldn't be enough. It never would be.

~Kiel~
I feel a new presence and turn my head upwards, spotting the loving and compassionate face of Noelle, her eyes full with sorrow as she looks down at me. Her broken gaze further spirals my emotions as I fall into her, wrapping my arms around her. I use her body and the love she was sending my way to hold on, no longer feeling as if I was drifting away. Her tether keeps me bound until I simply feel numb.

I cry into her embrace, not caring how ridiculous I could look. I feel a hand clutching mine and realize it was my mother, giving it a squeeze as we make contact. I take another minute before I sniffle and wipe at my nose.

"I- I could talk to her. . . If she's dead, I- I could talk to her," I whisper, more to myself than anyone else. Did I want to do that though? Did I want to try and call up her spirit now. It would make great strides in determining whether she was dead or not, but her not answering didn't necessarily mean she wasn't dead. I wasn't sure if my emotional state could take seeing her if she was dead either. I sniffle once more, tears slowly starting to flow less frequently.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:53 pm

- Genevieve -

I folded my other hand over Kiel's as he spoke in broken words, tearing up at the way he trembled. "Perhaps you can, sweetheart," I told him gently. "But doing that now will only hurt you more."

- Direnu -

When Alric stepped away from everyone else, I was quick to follow. Wandering away at a time like this was a poor choice.

"Alric," I called when we were far enough away from the campsite. "Leaving by yourself is dangerous, you know."

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:24 pm

- Alric -

"You don't need to remind me," I say none too politely. Though I don't turn around, I glance over my shoulder. "I prefer to deal with my grief alone." That's a lie, but I'll do anything to get him off my back.

- Karra -

I scour the campsite. Where's Iliyana? Because I know loss, I'm not keen on undermining the twins' and Vivian's grief by stating that they weren't dead. But there's someone I need to talk about this with.

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:29 pm

~Pippin~

I shook my head slowly, the wave of guilt that rushed over me made me shudder and I curled further into her embrace, "I shouldn't have fought with her, shouldn't have yelled...dammit I shouldn't have let her leave."

I grit my teeth as another sob tried to claw its way out of my mouth, "It's all my fault."

Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:41 pm

~Irene~
"Don't even start with that nonsense," I say, a slight edge to my voice. I refused to let him wallow in self-doubt and blaming himself for this. He could feel upset and grieve all he wanted, but that is where I drew the line. I wouldn't let him hate himself over this.

"You did absolutely nothing wrong, Pippin. Fighting with siblings is natural, no matter how close they are. You didn't cause anything with your words. The only person who is to blame is the monster who killed her. It was he who did this, not you."

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:45 pm

- Briony -

I allowed the bearded man to lay me back down again, feeling an overwhelming drowsiness wash over me. Phillip was alive; that was all I needed to know. I shut my eyes, allowing sleep to overtake my aching body once again.

Year after year, my birthdays grew lonelier and darker. To Papa, the day was just a constant reminder of what he lost. Pippin was beginning to spiral out of control, and Kiel was isolated because of his duties as the oldest child. I would watch the men of my family go down different paths with saddened eyes.

I stared at myself in the mirror as the handmaiden combed through my hair. It was difficult to tell whether my under-eyes were darkened with lack of sleep, or with worry. I suppose the two went hand in hand.

“You look quite solemn for a birthday girl,” the handmaiden commented. “Is something the matter?”

It was easier to say no. “I’m just tired,” I lied, cringing at the blatant misery in my tone. But how else was I supposed to feel, knowing how useless I was in trying to help the people I love most in the world?

The rest of the morning, I deliberately spent alone. I even decided to stay in my nightgown. I had no intention of leaving my room until the day was over.

I kept my focus out the window and into Foolshold, where the birth of spring was dotting the lands beyond with brilliant hues and sparkling light. It was hard to believe that such a day, only thirteen years ago, was a profound tragedy.

My attention broke when there came a knock on my door. I sighed, knowing that it was likely Byram here to deliver a message from my father. When I opened it, however, I gasped when my eyes instead found my two older brothers grinning ear-to-ear in the doorway.

“Haaaaaappy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday deaaaaaarrrrrrr Briony! Happy birthday to you!” they sang in unison, occasionally adding goofy and over-the-top notes to make me giggle. At the conclusion of the song, Pippin held out a bouquet of light pink carnations.

“These reminded us of you, sis,” he said through his beam. “Kiel and I woke up super early, went to Foolshold, and got some stuff for you before you even woke up!”

I graciously took the flowers, taking in how beautiful they were. The petals were soft and pink, diffusing the light that poured in from the windows beautifully. They were the epitome of the season. “I love them,” I told the two softly, blinking back tears of gratitude. “I…Thank you.”

“That isn’t all,” Kiel continued earnestly, holding out a gift of his own. It was a little ornate music box, painted with lovely pastels in a flowery pattern with gold accents. I opened it up, covering my mouth with a hand as it began to play a gentle tune as the ceramic ballerina in the middle began to spin. “It’s an homage to your ballet experience.”

I set the gifts down and brought the two into a tight hug. I felt Pippin smooth out my hair on the back of my head and Kiel’s hand press against my back. “I thought you two were done celebrating my birthday.”

“Done celebrating your birthday? What kind of nonsense is that?” I heard Pippin snort. “You dummy. We’ll never give up an opportunity to celebrate you.”

I pulled away, eyes welling up with tears. Pippin saw them and immediately put his hands up defensively. “Whoa, whoa! What’s with the tears, sis? Did I say something wrong?”

“No, no,” I remedied quickly, brushing them away with the back of my finger. “I’m just… I’m relieved.”

“Briony,” Kiel then said, frowning. “You don’t actually think growing up will change our love for you, do you?”

When he put it that way, I suddenly felt stupid. Granted, I never gave fading love a thought. It was more of a worry about us losing the time for each other. I shook my head. “Of course not!” I objected.

Pippin grinned at my answer. “Good. Because our love will you will sure as fuck never change!”

Kiel promptly covered my ears with his hands, shooting his twin a pointed glare. “She’s too young to hear that language, Pippin!” he scolded. “Knock it off!”

I smiled to myself, looking between the two most important people in my world and feeling the pain fade away.

——

Later that night, I laid in bed by the candlelight and wound up the music box over and over again. Though the tune was gentle and lulling, I was still wide awake. I was so invested in the sound of the song that I barely heard another knock at my door.

I shut the music box, setting it on the bedside table. I then slinked over to the door and cautiously pulled it open. My eyes widened with great surprise when I saw my father standing there, clad in pajamas, wearing a gentle smile on his face. “I’m sorry it’s late,” he said, his voice genuine. “But I brought you something.”

He held out a small silver box. I blinked a few times, taking it into my hands as though it were a foreign object. I pressed my thumb into the button that made it open. Then, I stared with amazement at the piece of jewelry inside. It was a silver locket with a heart-shaped container, decorated with flowers and vines.

“Take a look inside the locket.”

I took his suggestion, prying open the heart with ease. My heart fluttered at the picture on the inside, which was my brothers standing together, sporting gentle but authentic smiles. I, too, smiled, feeling a long-forgotten warmth crawl up from within me.

Papa took in my silence. Then, he began to speak again. “I know that I’m not always around when I should be. I’m a weak man who has allowed the hardships of the world change me.” I glanced up at him, seeing a ghost of love and adoration in his eyes when he looked at the picture of his sons. “But they — your brothers — never will. They will grow up to be better men than I could ever be.”

I closed the locket, folded over it with my hands and pulled it close to my heart.

“I want this to be a reminder that they’re in your heart… Forever.”

Emotions overwhelmed me again as I wrapped my arms around my father, as though trying to salvage the gentleness and lovingness that he occasionally showed. I knew that this would not happen again for a long time. I knew that in a matter of moments, he would be back to his cruel self. I wanted to keep a hold on the good man he once was. But there was no hope for him; the darkness within him had already began to win.

Maybe we were meant to suffer the same fate, after all.

- Direnu -

After a long pause, I turned back around. They're going to be torturing the Forevigors and Vivian by trying to prove something, I thought as I made my way back into the camp.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 76 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40 ... 76  Next