FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
July 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 22 of 69 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 45 ... 69  Next

Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:02 am

- Alric -

"Right," I say, hoisting myself up to my feet. Since this is still a public room, I take care to lower my voice; I don't know how much Noelle wants others to know about this. "If we can't contact her outside, we can always try elsewhere."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Reflection: A Twisted Tale by Elizabeth Lim
Currently Playing: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 am

~Noelle~
I nodded at his words, shooting him a small smile of gratitude.

"Is it alright to do it now? You seemed fairly sapped after your jaunt in the woods with the others. I don't want to push you if you're not feeling up to it."

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:38 am

~Kiel~
I remove my hand from the wooden banister, halting at the upper floor. My vision drifts down the hall, dully scanning the plain doors spread out at regular intervals throughout the hall. Slowly, methodically I walk. The voices from below drift up, but their words are jumbled and meaningless, like a dull chorus of out of tuned instruments. I ignore them all and simply walk.

I find myself at a door, as plain as all the others, at the left end of the hall. My hand reaches for the knob, almost of its own volition, and I slowly squeak open the door. I step inside, finding the room completely devoid of light save what was emanating from a lantern in the hall. I look in, finding my shadow outlined in the pale yellow glow from the flickering flame and can pick out a few pieces of furniture in what little light I had.

Though that was irrelevant.

Slowly, methodically, I enter the room and turn, pushing the door shut behind me. I realize then that the moon was offering some semblance of light into the room, though I pay it little mind.

I detach my hand from the knob and realize it was shaking. With a mind of its own and against my will, I stare at my trembling hand. And then, spreading through my body like a disease, my entire figure starts to shiver, this unexplainable phenomenon captivating my body with my mind powerless to stop it.

Briony.

Like a punch to my gut, I let out a gasp and stagger against the door, my back up against it. I had tried so hard, so desperately, to stay strong today. A persona I built to block out the dark, to keep it at bay, to not cause anyone to worry. 

I feel it all start to crack.

Not all at once, no. Slowly, piece by piece. As if from outside myself, I see my mask chip and with each I see a shard of myself. 

The smirks, the chuckles, the witty banter. It all shatters. The facade of arrogance and sarcasm. Splinters. The joy from reuniting with everyone and the pride of helping teach Irongale to grow stronger. Crackles away.

I can feel it all crumbling, falling away. Like a fractured figurine, my exterior breaks apart. I see the dust collecting and panic. I greedily lunge for it desperately trying to hold on to anything I could, any form of myself that could remain. I let out a silent cry, scrambling to collect myself. I want nothing more than to put myself back together, to reattach the pieces, to paint a new mask, to build a new shell.

But I can't.

I see it all drifting away on an unseen gale and vanish. It leaves nothing behind. Nothing but a void. A black shadow, consuming everything. The dark shadowed maw within my subconscious, maniacally swirling around me. It binds me, shackles me, imprisons me in its grasp. Ever present and never forgotten, it exists, breathes, lives. I offer piece after piece of myself to it but it is never satisfied. It hungers for more, thirsts for everything I am. My joy, my pain, my goals, my ambitions, my love, my soul. 

It wants it all.

I used to believe I lived in the shadow, that it was my home. A place I could escape to and reside and feel protected and safe.

Oh how wrong I was.

I slide against the door, dropping to the ground. My knees curl to my chest and I clutch them with my arms as if to shield myself from the world around me. I find my gaze in line with the window, the moon cracking through the blinds and casting bits of light in a square on the floor.

More. More. More. I hear the shadow speak from within.

But I have nothing more to offer it.

I fall into a fit of sobs, my body convulsing with each cry. Any scrap of energy I had accumulated to keep up my persona faded away long ago, fed to the beast, and I was nothing more. I look to the sick, twisted light of the moon, mocking me with its glow and radiant brilliance. Laughing at me as it beckoned to me, knowing full well I could never reach it.

My light had fallen off a cliff, smashing into pieces as the sea devoured it.

I continue to weep, tears splattering against the hardwood floor beneath my feet. How cruel Fate was. . . How fucking cruel could They be. My family was whole and we were happy. For the first time in years, we were truly happy. And They snatched it away.

Looking at my mother, a figure I desperately wanted to see again for so long, only brought me pain. Gazing into her emerald eyes, her raven locks. Each feature was a jab of a knife and a reminder of what I had lost.

Briony.

I look up once more, tears streaming down my eyes. I knew I shouldn't try to speak with her, but I needed to see her again.

"B- Briony. Sis. I call forth your spirit. Speak to me," I whimper, my voice hoarse and dry.

I wait. A minute. Two. Three. Five.

"Sis. . . Please. . ." I beg, a desperate plea shoved out to the universe.

I wait. A minute. Two. Three. Five.

Nothing.

I let out another sob and bury my head into my knees, crying past the point at which tears no longer flowed.

I had never felt so alone.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:56 am

~Pippin~

As my hands moved over my eyes a breath left my lungs in a quick burst, an overwhelming feeling of sadness and despair taking over anything else. I finally looked up at the staircase and without even thinking about it I moved closer, not even realizing I had stood from my seat so fast.

I blinked a few times, realizing that it wasn't just my own sadness coming over me but my twin's as well.

I walked up the stairs in a daze, realizing that I had to keep up this optimistic persona for everyone but also knowing that my brother and I needed a moment to cry. Needed a moment to break before anyone else realized it was happening.

There was a door at the left side of the hall and I knew it was where Kiel was. My hand raised before I could stop it but paused, resting on the wood without making a sound against it.

What if he didn't need me? What if I was just making an extra burden by being there? I had been so confused lately by everyone's feelings of sadness and anger and fear coursing over me, and maybe I was reading my own brother wrong as well. But standing here outside this door I could only feel that sadness and loss that came with losing our baby sister.

My free hand came up to cover my mouth as I hid a sob, sliding against the door to my knees as I tried to keep it all under control. I couldn't even tell if my own twin needed me there right now, what the hell was I supposed to do?

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:32 am

- Alric -

"I assure you, it won't be any trouble." I loop around the chairs King Godwin and Queen Genevieve sit in, not wanting to intrude on their conversation. Catching my departure, Karra similarly hops up to her feet, reaching my side in seconds.

"Once you're done with this," she whispers, "why not try calling upon our mom? She's kinda why you started this whole necromancy business in the first place."

I speak before I can process any alarm that comes with that question. "Contacting her is a fools effort. It won't work."

"It didn't work before, but you're more proficient now, aren't you?"

"Just trust me. I've tried it before, and I told you, it won't work."

Karra pouts as I exit the cabin, keeping the door open for Noelle.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:43 am

~Noelle~
I noticed the interaction between Alric and Karra, but kept my eyes averted; whatever they had been discussing seemed personal, and intruding on privacy was the last thing I wanted to do.

I remained wordless until I stepped outside, turning to Alric.

"So, how exactly does this work? I can't say I've ever experienced such direct necromancy before."

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:54 am

- Alric -

"I'll ask her to come forth." The sun had already dipped low into the mountains by the time I went back inside, but now stars have already spread across the sky. "My words send out a signal of sorts, one that calls out to her. If something doesn't happen within a minute or two, then the signal dies and I try again. Though if she doesn't appear the first time, it's doubtful she'll appear during consecutive tries."

I stop once we're a good distance away from the house, far enough to buy us some privacy. I turn back to Noelle, voice softening. "Are you ready?"

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:58 am

~Noelle~
It's a lot simpler than I imagined.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I said, nodding and taking in a deep breath. I was scared of the possibilities - of receiving no answer, but also finding answers to questions that left me more distraught than I had been before. Nevertheless, what I would find would hopefully be closure; that, in itself, would be enough.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:02 am

- Alric -

I'm a bit reluctant about this matter all of a sudden. No matter what happens, answer or no answer, the outcome will be emotionally draining to Noelle. But it's what she wants, and I told her I'd do this. "May I have her name?"

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 am

~Noelle~
“Evangeline Amaranth.” I felt the familiar waves of nervousness roll over me. My hands looked for something to do, settling on gently scraping off the remaining dried blood on my arm.  

I suddenly wished that I had asked Kiel, because I could’ve at least had a hand to hold onto. The thought, though, quickly dissipated. This was something that I had to face alone. Relying on someone else wouldn’t aid in confronting my own demons; only I could do that.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 69 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 45 ... 69  Next