FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
August 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 3 of 70 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36 ... 70  Next

Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:29 pm

- Alric -

Pippin's screams are so raw and heartwrenching that it jarrs me. I take a deep breath. Keep it together, keep it together.

In order to not succumb to grief, I project my energy towards my anger. "He escaped today. But not next time."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neal Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Currently Playing: Westworld
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:42 pm

- Direnu -

I re-entered the camp after Genevieve requested to deal with her loss alone. It didn't seem as jarring to her as I expected; I guess that was because the two of them would be reunited soon enough. As much as I hated to admit it, the late queen was not made long for this world.

Hearing Pippin's anguished cries caused me to suck in a deep breath. Fate, I cursed in my head, briefly imagining the toddler I would often watch over per Genevieve's requests. For a moment, I watched his pain, feeling it for only a moment.

"General Ix must have been the guy," I said, staring into the fire so I didn't have to look at the mourning family members. Perhaps their pain would only encourage me to show my own. "He's been anti-Forevigor since as long as I've known of him."

I fell quiet for only a second. "He took Phillip's cape and Briony's locket, huh? Must have been proof for Meridan... Treating their possessions like trophies..."

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:59 pm

~Pippin~

I couldn't hear anything they were saying, didn't care enough to try.

There was just this numbing feeling of pain and anguish chilling me to my core and sending me down that same spiraling sadness that I had just crawled out of. After news like this there was no way I could pull myself out this time.

"Kiel," I whispered to my brother who I hoped was still beside me, "Kiel...she can't be."

~Phillip~

Voices. That's what brought me back. Voices of...some number of people. I couldn't make out individual noises but I could tell that some of them were coming from different distances. Everything sounded muffled, like there was cotton stuffed in my ears and I couldn't tell who was speaking.

Because of this everything was screaming at me to get the hell up and make sure the princess was ok, but I couldn't move anything. Gods how many of my bones were broken right now that I couldn't feel my hands and feet, could I still move? I did land straight on my back...

I felt hands on me and that seemed to jarr me back to reality enough that I made a pained noise, growling low in my throat as the pain came crashing down on me. I couldn't get my eyes to open, my body not wanting to cooperate from the intense pain radiating from every bone in me.

I could hear a voice from somewhere beside me and I could almost make out her voice. My mouth fell open and I rasped out, "Princess...Briony...?"

Once the words were out of my mouth another groan passed my lips and I fell back into the swirling blackness of unconsciousness, fevered dreams passing through my mind.

Last edited by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:59 pm

- Karra -

If it were me targeting Irongale, I'd be asking for their heads as proof. I drum my fingers against my leg, surveying the others for any signs that they have the same idea as I do. Am I just crazy? Do I just want to deny their deaths that much? While the former is arguable, the latter . . . I've never been one for denial. "We'll kill him."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Neal Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:14 pm

- Briony -

His words made me bolt upright, ignoring the objections of the man and woman beside me and the pain that ripped through my side. "Phillip!"

My face fell when I saw that he was still unconscious. Still... He spoke. He's okay, at least for now.

- Direnu -

For now, we were at a standstill. Not that I expected anything more; after all, those two were extraordinary losses. Recovering, especially for Pippin, Kiel, and Vivian, would be a lifelong process. That is... If they really are gone.

Genevieve, although pained now, was likely relieved more than grieving. She never wanted Briony to live with those powers, and since she died with no female brood, the dragoness was likely lost forever. I knew that beast tortured both of them. I knew that Genevieve believed the afterlife was the safest place for her baby girl; at least, in her state of grief.

It was selfish of her, really. But I knew she would no longer feel relief once she saw her sons like this; I knew that she had endless faith in the strength of her child.

Perhaps Fate was trying to protect Kiel and Pippin. Maybe Briony was a threat to them, and their love for her blinded them. Their hearts, though damaged, where wholly good. Briony was susceptible to corruption.

Briony, you moron, I thought to myself again, losing my gaze in the dancing flames.

...Where are you now?

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 pm

~Noelle~
The turn of events stunned me, and I found myself reeling in the pain, disbelief, and complete shock. My disbelief quickly morphed into sadness, and I found myself spinning in a spiral of pain. It grew at Pippin's cries, and the thought of Kiel and how he would react deepened the feeling tenfold.

I couldn't shake off the denial, that this couldn't be happening; there was too much on Briony's shoulders, and for her to die with barely a flicker. . . I had trouble believing it.

But maybe I was just being optimistic.

BTS
~Noelle~
"That's enough for me," I said, smiling at him. My hand smoothed through his hair before I bent forward and briefly kissed him, overcome with affection at his words. There may have been despair in our world, but there was hope, too.

"I love you, Kiel."

If I lost everything else, then at least I had that.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 pm

- Karra -

Cliff. Alric said they fell off a cliff. An idea snaps into place, and I bypass Alric, the twins, and Vivian to make my way over to a pile of supplies. I steal a glance at Noelle as I do. Is she convinced or not?

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 am

~Kiel BTS~
I return the kiss before pulling her close. I knew there was other things I should be worrying about but right now, I didn't care.

"I love you too, Noelle."

~Kiel~
I faintly hear the voices of the others, though they are distant and faint. All that is repeating in my mind is those three words. Briony is dead.

I look to Pippin, seeing his mouth moving but hearing no words.

Briony is dead.

Faint talks of revenge and promises of retribution to the monster who caused this fall on deaf ears.

Briony is dead.

It's as if I am no longer in my own body. Almost with an omnipresent view, I'm looking at myself as the color drains from my face and my body becomes overcome with chills. A faint whisper of a thought in the back of my mind tells me to be strong. To not break down. Pippin needed me. Vivian needed someone to look to.

Briony is dead.

And my dam breaks, just as it did twelve years ago.

I stumble forward a step, as if I was drunk, before collapsing to one knee, then two, then I'm bent over on the ground. My whole body trembles, my eyes distant and hazy. My mouth moves, though no sound emits. B-Briony. . .

The name brings forth a surge of memories that I don't want to see. Seeing them would only make it true that she's gone. I see her running through the castle chasing me when we were young. I see her skipping through the gardens with flowers in her hair. I see her the night of the ball, beautiful and stunning in an elegant gown. I see her fighting, strong and fierce, alongside the rest of Irongale, mark glowing on her hand. I see her giggling and smiling, her emerald eyes twinkling with joy and aspiration as we play on the beach in Jaulee.

Memories that would normally bring me joy, simply crush my soul even more. With each image that passes, I physically convulse, unable to bear the weight pressing down on me. The tears flow openly down my cheeks, splashing against the earth beneath me. I ball up my hands, crushing grass and dirt beneath my fingers as I desperately try to hold on. Whether it be to this world or to Briony, I'm not entirely sure.

The ground beneath me starts to swim, though I can't determine whether that is an effect of my tears or the news I just received. Either way, I felt drained, as if hearing of Briony's death had taken my life as well.

"Briony. . ." I manage to whisper, my voice hoarse and cracking with emotion. "Baby sister. . . It-It can't. . . I-I. . ."

I slam a hand against the earth, but even that action causes me to waver. I feel the earth in my grasp, the dirt under my fingernails. He image flashes through my mind once more and the tears continue as I silently sob into the dirt.

~Irene~
I blink back the tears, rising from my place near the fire. Regardless of circumstance, Pippin needed me. So often he was making others feel better, helping their emotions and well-being. This time, he needed someone to do the same to him.

So I stride forward, head straight forward and eyes as dry as I could make them appear. I walk right up to him, kneel down next to him, and pull him to me. I say nothing, simply gently stroke the back of his head and hold him with me.

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:13 am

~Noelle~
The waves of grief and despair crash over the area with such an oppressive heaviness that I found myself struggling to stand beneath the weight of it all.

It all felt so wrong. She had been so young, with so much life still in her - to take that away was nothing short of heartbreaking. I didn't want to believe it.

My eyes scanned around the area and I caught Karra’s glance, but my thoughts were elsewhere once Kiel came into my realm of vision. My legs moved towards him before I could even think, moving in his direction with such urgency that he could’ve been the one dying.

There were no words that could be said, no compassion, no empathy, nothing that could console or lighten the feelings of such profound loss. But I would be there for him; even if I could do absolutely nothing, I would be there for him.

When he came into focus, it was enough for my own tears to finally leak out. Crying was something that I did my best to avoid altogether or do in private, but I couldn’t find the energy to care. Kiel, always the regal and composed ruler, was keeled over the dirt and sobbing gracelessly.

Seeing him like that hurt me so tremendously in ways that I didn’t even know I could be hurt.

I pulled him into my arms as gently as I could, knowing how little I could do to help him but willing to give everything if it meant that he would be even slightly better. My hand smoothed through his hair soothingly, my own hand trembling as silent tears fell from my eyes. I was no stranger to loss, but that never made it any easier the next time I was forced to experience it.

Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:37 am

- Genevieve -

My heart contorted when I felt their pain bleed into my own body. I had, for a moment, taken solace in the fact that she was safer dead than alive. But I no longer felt that way after seeing how my two other children were faring.

Losing her was so sudden that it didn't feel real. I suppose that's how it felt all the time when somebody died, even if the suffering was long and slow. Loss affected our sense of time and our most basic trains of thought. Part of me wanted to to blame myself, saying that it should have been me, but... It was me. I was dead.

And seeing my two baby boys like this took the last of my life out of me.

I sank to my knees beside the two, not wanting to interrupt those who were comforting them. I simply took their hands into either of mine, allowing us to sit in the silence of grief together. Whatever came next, I would be better.

I am their mother, and I always will be.

✹ D E V I ✹
i don't want you
to see me
the way i see myself.
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 70 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 36 ... 70  Next