Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Camp Half-Blood [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Today at 12:25 am by Hero of Time

» Celestial: Ophiuchus's Revenge (RPG Thread)
Today at 12:22 am by boyhoy

» Fairy Tail: Malevolence
Today at 12:22 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Would You Rather?
Today at 12:21 am by WritingBookworm

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Today at 12:15 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Post a song that represents you!
Yesterday at 11:58 pm by WritingBookworm

» Final Fantasy - GoL [Private RP]
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Salphirix

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Yesterday at 11:29 pm by Ace

» The Person Under Me...
Yesterday at 10:38 pm by Hime

January 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Evergreen Incalescent: Subplots Galore

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Evergreen Incalescent: Subplots Galore

Post by Hime on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:38 pm

This SGRPG is being made to give the people in Evergreen a place to expand and use their characters when the main thread is inactive. You can talk amongst yourselves about the setting of this RPG, or you can RP separately. Enjoy!
Hime

Back to top Go down

Re: Evergreen Incalescent: Subplots Galore

Post by Kane on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:24 am

News always travels. It didn’t matter that I supposedly occupied one of the most secure, isolated, and protected pockets on the face of the earth, the news still found me. It was expected to. If my mother ever had one compliment for the media, it was how thorough they were with their work. They could ensure news clips were spread throughout the globe to other countries as essential and needed as if they were aid parcels from the US. The news was translated into French, Mandarin, Farsi, Russian, German and countless more languages as it made its way throughout the globe, each detail of a story that had lasted for years replayed in five-minute clips on planes, in bars, and in restaurants.

I sighed as I clipped a fastener in my suitcase, the cold metal brushing against my hand as I went to close it. For the past two hours, I had been listening to those five minutes clips in every language I knew. My mother had been kind enough to compile them into a single file of over twelve hours worth of soundbites, interviews, panels, and news clips. They had started in English and progressed on, but the message was clear across every language as the tape went on.

The Democratic frontrunner for President, a man so involved and experienced in every arm of Washington that it was said that he could run any branch of government with ease, a man who had never lost an election, a man who the people saw themselves in as they toiled at menial tasks he had never once attempted, had just had his affair with his mistress, a French embassy secretary,  outed at the most substantial donor luncheon to date for his party. Faith and family Democrats had been the first to leave with even the more left of the party abandoning this fraud of a family man who had spent decades spending night after night with a woman other than his wife while spending the days with his kids and wife at picnics and school performances.

This man was also my father, Vice President Patrick Foster. The very thought was sickening to me. How he could have fooled not only his family but the public for more than two decades without feeling an ounce of remorse was nothing short of nauseating. As news traveled, so does gossip. There didn’t seem to be one tabloid program that wasn’t claiming that he was keeping an entire family, complete with a son my exact age, nestled somewhere in the Parisian suburbs with his mistress's family. Wilder accusations had emerged from even reputable news sources that his relationship had impacted US policy in Europe both during his time in the House and as Vice President.

Naturally, it was my job to come to the aid of my father. It was a mad rush to keep donors from pulling their funds out of the campaign as well as an appeal to the voter base he had lost in no less than three hours when the news broke. I was supposed to jet off to DC to make him look like the perfect family man, politician, and father all rolled into one. Looking down onto my bed, my eyes drifted onto the schedule that had accompanied the recordings and newspaper clippings. The first day alone seemed to have something every hour to pacify the public and the donors as well as the party while the second day was painfully more of the same.

Day 1:

Family on Today Show 6:00 am
Family Breakfast 9:15 am
Bikes in Meridian Hill Park 11:00 am
Picnic in Meridian Hill Park 12:00 am
Andy’s Speech to the DC Youth Council (Pre-written) 2:00 pm
Madeline Interview at The Post 3:00 pm
Family Shopping 4:30 pm
Family cooking class 5:30 pm
Photoshoot at home 7:00 pm
Patrick’s CNN Interview 8:00 pm

Day 2:

Family Museum Trip 8:00 am
Madeline Speech to the Junior League 10:00 am
Father and sons photoshoot fishing trip 12:00 pm
Late lunch 2:00 pm
Capitol Tour with general public 4:00 pm
Campaign town hall 6:00 pm
Madeline and Andy Interview 8:00 pm

They had only budgeted two days to win back the trust of a people and a nation who had barely known my father. There wasn’t an hour of time devoted to us, to win his family back. There wouldn’t be time to process, to be frustrated. It wasn’t the time for that. Apparently, we came second to the ambitions of Patrick Foster. Quietly, I pulled the newspaper clippings and the schedules into my backpack. It wasn’t until I looked down at the bed that I noticed I was crying. The tears were so silent as if I was ashamed to shed them at a time like this. Pulling my hand to my face, I wiped them away as fast as I could before I stepped into the hallway, my suitcase behind me. There would be plenty of time for this but not here and not in front of the cameras at home.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:19 am

- Natalya -

When I breathed in the steam of the shower, I felt my muscles instantly relax. Ever since I was brought to this school, my brain has been in a strange funk. Seeing Levi again was great, of course, but... Something was different.

I pressed a button that dispensed lavender-scented shampoo. I lathered it through my hair, closing my eyes and envisioning the blond's face in my head.

I used to be important to him, I thought, sadness creeping into my heart. But someone has taken my place.
It seems like the only person he cares about anymore is that Des girl.

As jealous as I was, I couldn't beat her up. She was beautiful, agile, and talented – everything he could want. Everything I wasn't.

"And though we miss the little girl,
You've made us awful proud
Funny how our lives change,
'Cause you're our hero now."
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top