FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS

STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» « Asphodel »
Winter Night EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Sal

» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Winter Night EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:17 am by WritingBookworm

» {RP THREAD} The Divine
Winter Night EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 11:01 pm by WritingBookworm

» Asphodel: The Application Thread
Winter Night EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm by Captain Whitehawk

» charybdis' whirlpool
Winter Night EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 9:58 pm by Sal

» Serpent King ⊱ RP THREAD ⊰
Winter Night EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am by Shaybaysasuke

» Serpent King ⊱ APP THREAD ⊰
Winter Night EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm by WritingBookworm

» Soulblade [Roleplay Thread]
Winter Night EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 pm by Comrade Squid

» On Creating a Roleplay
Winter Night EmptyWed Jul 03, 2019 11:34 pm by Athena Lionheart

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Similar topics
    End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Winter Night

Go down

Winter Night Empty Winter Night

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:03 am

So, you remember that "Bloodwillow" thing Py and I talked about? Yeah, we're still doing that.

To attempt stir up some hype, and to introduce everyone to some of the important characters that the plot will be centered around, I present to you this one-shot. Hopefully, you will all enjoy, because I can't stand to look at it anymore. (Quick, read it before I become to self-concious and take it down.)

WARNINGS: Mentions of sex (it's PG-13 I promise), really tame kissing, alcohol consumption, fluffy domestic love, set-ups and references that might not make sense right now, slice-of-life nonsense, Lady S thinks she's funny

WINTER NIGHT

“That’s enough, thank you, love.”

He had that smirk on his lips, the one that Mahon had commented he could both “adore and detest, depending on the time of day,” as he continued to let the magenta liquid pour into Mahon’s glass. Mahon rolled his eyes, and reached to swat at the other’s wrist.

“I said stop, Aiden.” Mahon chided, but grinned anyway, “I can’t handle it like you can.”

“You need it. You’ve been on edge for days.” The Alpha explained, lifting the bottle away from their cups and restopping the cork. “It’s beginning to worry me a little.”

Mahon rested his head on the pillow behind him, head titling to the side as he gazed at his mate. “Don’t use that drawl on me.”

Aiden took a sip of his wine. “I use this on everyone.”

“It doesn’t work on me.”

“I’m pretty sure it does. How else did you,” he motioned at the nest they were sitting in for emphasis, “get yourself into this?”

Mahon laughed (actually, he giggled, but the redhead probably wouldn’t respond well to that choice of words), giving in and swallowing wine. He bit his lip in thought.

“Maybe it was your eyes.”

“Now you and I both know your eyes are as blue as mine.”

“Hold on, I thought mine were green!”

Aiden spoke into his glass, keeping his gaze adverted, “They seem to change on their moods.”

“Ha!” The Raven almost barked in laughter. “Good answer.”

Mahon set his now half-empty glass on a small table near the nest, signaling he was finished with it for now. He moved himself further down the nest, stretching the dark blue quilt over his chest, and Aiden suspected the alcohol was beginning to cause him to relax. Also setting his drink aside, the older man turned on his side as the Raven laid down completely, and reached to run his hand over some of Mahon’s sunset-colored locks. He did so slowly, hoping to sooth his mate, and watched how the redhead’s eyes closed with pleasure.

“Spent time with pups today?” He asked softly, loosing the “drawl” they had been joking about just a few minutes before.

Mahon hummed as a positive response.

“Today was check-ups for Steve’s six. Cade needed all the help she could get.”

“Oh, gods, those six. They’re trouble. I’m not sure how Steve does it.”

“I’m not either.” Mahon admitted, mouth flickering into a smile while keeping his eyes closed, “Millie was a challenge enough when he was their age. Imagine five more of them.”

“Seen Millie today?”

“Not since breakfast.”

Aiden nodded slowly, even though Mahon could not see, taking time to formulate his next inquiry. Even after all the years they had spent together, the Raven still had the instinct to be secretive (something he learned from the Coven, he suspected), so the Alpha had thus reverse-engineered a tactic that encourages Mahon to speak at his own pace. He was halfway through choosing his wording when- 

“If you have something to ask, love, just ask it.” 

Aiden let out a puff of air in a bitter laugh, and adjusted his position to retreat from the Raven, fingers leaving his hair. “Don’t smirk, I’m worried about you.” 

Mahon pouted at the lose of Aiden’s touch, and sat up in protest. He reached forward to hug the other from behind and rest his cheek on his shoulder. “I know. But you don’t have to try to interrogate it out of me. I’m not against answering your questions.” 

The words left his mouth before he could stop them: “You were once.” 

The redhead swallowed, haulted momentarily in his argument. He could conceed that Aiden, though pessimistic, wasn’t wrong.  

“I was 20, fresh out of the Coven, and scared of my new environment. I wasn’t going to tell anyone anything. That's..just how I was then.” Mahon leaned up to come face-to-face with his mate, still keeping his grip, and titling his head to try to meet gazes. He gave Aiden some silence to think over the rhetoric, before kissing his cheek: “Now, what was it you wanted to ask me?”

Swallowing a bit of his doubt, Aiden obliged his beloved and turned to face him again, their noses brushing slightly, having to flick his gaze downward. “Do you have anything more on your last vision?" 

The Raven groaned, nuzzling his face into his mate’s neck. 

"Nooo…" 

"Mahon.." 

"I know!” Letting the Wolf go, he flopped back into his side of the nest, throwing his arm over his eyes, “I know. I’ve been busy." 

A scoff: "Too busy to try to expand this vision? Mahon, you’re in this one!”

The redhead sat up abruptly, almost as if offended. "Well, typically my visions are insignificant. I don’t document every detail of every one. Besides, my head still hurt yesterday and I was so busy with the pups today - it didn’t even cross my mind.“ 

"I’m still allowed to worry about you.” the Alpha mumbled. 

“Of course, you’re allowed to worry about me, it’s just-” he stopped, throwing his hands up in defeat, “I’m not in the mood to argue philosophy again." 

Aiden sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "You’re right, neither am I." 

There was a few minutes of silence between them after that conversation concluded. Mahon ran a hand through his shoulder-length hair, and went about laying back down, this time on his side, facing the Wolf. He reached a hand to touch Aiden’s cheek. 

"When’s Millie coming back?” He asked in a whisper. 

“I don’t know exactly.” Aiden replied with equal softness, “He was with Kestrel, so he should be here soon.”

Mahon nodded to show his understanding, and continued to carasse the side of Aiden’s face slowly. The action felt slightly soothing, which was what Aiden guessed to be the Raven’s motive, and it crossed his mind that perhaps it was Mahon’s way of apologizing without using words. In response, Aiden took hold of the redhead’s hand, and brushed his lips over the other’s fingers and planted a tender and chaste kiss, to say “I’m sorry, too.”

Mahon must’ve forgiven him, because he smiled at the action instantously, and moved himself so that the space between them was smaller. For a second, it seemed as though he was about to attempt to reach his neck upwards for a proper kiss, and the Wolf was considering induldging him.

Right when Aiden was beginning to crane his neck down to meet Mahon, however, a soft and somehow hesitant knock at their door, accompanied by a voice:

“Dad, Papa? I just wanted you to know I got home okay.”

Aiden groaned quietly. “Milton has no sense of timing.” 

Mahon rolled his eyes at his mate’s playful comment before forcing himself into an upright position and facing the door.

“You can come in, love.”

The doorknob clicked with a turn, and the it creeked faintly as Milton slipped through.

“Hi.” he greeted somewhat weakly, closing the door behind him.

“Good evening, little one.” Aiden replied, any trace of past annoyance vanished while the “drawl” returned, “How was your playdate with Kestrel?”

Mahon patted on the nest, in the gap between himself and his mate, for Milton to occupy. The teen did so, climbing over his father and sitting with his legs crossed on said space.

“I think your daughter’s too old to have ‘playdates,’ Dad.” Milton rubbed at his eyes. “She says not to let me hold a sword anymore.”

“Uh oh. Why’s that?”

“I guess I’m just that bad at." He gave a somewhat-ditzy grin at his confession, "I did better at the knives, though.”

“That’s good.” Mahon replied soothingly, before reaching his hand to his child’s face. Milton, with his eyes half closed, didn’t bother flinching away, “You’ve got dark under your eyes.”

“Do I?” the brunette asked before yawning.

“Yes, love, you look exhausted.”

“I feel exhausted.” the teen replied.

“Then why don’t you just sleep here for the night?” Aiden asked, reinserting himself into the conversation.

Milton’s face twitched into confusion.

“Don’t you two have your..” he paused for a few seconds, trying to find the appropiate euphumism, “..adult activities you want to indulge in?”

Aiden’s frosty blue eyes widened at his son’s comment, looking stunned, and Mahon’s mouth fell open next to him.

“Not while you’re in the next room!” the redhead cried.

Milton lifted his hands next to his head, signaling his intent to be innocent. “What happens behind closed doors is your business-”

“How old do you think we are?! 17?!”

“-and I hold no judgements about what exactly it is you do.”

The Alpha tried all he could to hold back his grin, but it broke across his face in spite of him as his mate and son continued to bicker with incredulous tones.

"I'm 15, okay, Papa? I know my parents have-have sex."

"You shouldn't be thinking be about it, though!"

"I wasn't! I was just..making sure you two were okay with me sleeping in here, that's all. That's all. Why won't you believe me?"

"Do you actually think Aiden and I cannot abstain for one night?"

"I don't know! By the way you talk about the Coven-"

"Oh gods, not this again-"

"The Land of Sexual Repression-"

"It was not 'The Land of Sexual Repression!'"

"Were you guys even allowed to touch each other? Like, at all?"

"I'll have you know that Sam Moonhunter and I touched each other plenty!"

A laugh - more correctly, a snort - burst out of Milton like it was punched from his stomach, and Aiden finally cracked up as well.

Mahon put his head in his hands.

"That's-that's not how I meant it..."

"Oh, I'm sure, my feather." Aiden replied, still grinning.

Milton began the process of untying his bootlaces, a subtle sign he was ready to get to sleep, but found his fingers had a hard time gripping, and laughed harder.

"You," Aiden pointed at his son for emphasis, "are loopy because you're tired."

As the teen continued to struggle with his shoes, Mahon rolled his eyes slightly before letting them fall on the boots in question. With a twitch of his eyebrows, the articles slipped off, and were tossed onto the floor by an invisable force.

"Thank you, Papa."

"You're welcome, love. Now, come get under the covers."

The brunette did as he was told, burrowing himself under the thick blanket, and laying on his side facing Mahon. Aiden watched the Raven throw an arm around his son, and Milton snuggle closer to him in response. Aiden lay on his back, tucking in the blanket on his opposite side to keep the heat in, and looked to the ceiling.

"Goodnight, you two." he said softly.

"Goodnight, Dad." Milton mumbled.

"Goodnight, love." Mahon returned.

Aiden kept his attention on the ceiling, finding himself not as tired as his loved ones. He sighed through his noes, hoping to calm himself, and watched the shadows flicking on the wood in attempts to subdue himself to sleep. He realized, however, that in the humourous chaos Milton had brought, the adults had forgotten something.

"Mahon." he whispered, hardly loud enough for him to hear, hoping not to wake Milton.

"Hmm?" came his reply.

"Can you get the candles?"

"What? Oh, yes."

After a second, a gust of air moved through the room, and the flames of the candles along the wall were put out, plunging the room into darkness.

"Thank you, my feather."

Mahon simply responded with three hmms, which, with varying pitch, sounded like "you're welcome."

The Alpha closed his eyes, letting out another sigh, this one emptying his lungs, and tried to relax. His mate and son were just an inch away from him, both of their breaths beginning to stablize into rhythms, and his pack, including Kestrel, were safe for the night. Aiden used that thought, and the sound of the others' breathing, to finally sooth himself to sleep.
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Influential Creator
    Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Winter Night Empty Re: Winter Night

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Nice fic! I like how calm it is, in contrast to... less calm things, I guess. I don't know, I guess there's just something relaxing about it. Well done!

Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
    Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
    Comrade Squid
    Comrade Squid
    Profound Creator
    Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:58 pm

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Relaxing and calming were the tones I was going for. I intended this work to be smaller and character-centric, and it means so much that I succeeded!
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Influential Creator
    Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cana on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:11 pm

This was so cozy and warm, despite the cold setting. I really enjoyed reading this!

Well done, Lady Sen! Very Happy

Profound Creator
    Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Thank you so much, Cana-chan! "Cozy and warm, despite the cold" is the perfect way to describe these three and their community. You're doing a better job than I am! Razz
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Influential Creator
    Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 am

This is, like, the perfect thing to read in the winter/Christmas-time because it made me feel like I was sitting in front of an hearth. Love it!

Also, "Land of Sexual Repression" xD

Last edited by WritingBookworm on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

"I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, and likewise the road to ruin."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Reading: The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
    Currently Watching: Titans
    WritingBookworm
    WritingBookworm
    Story Moderator
    Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 pm

"Land of Sexual Repression" is the Coven's new codename. #canon

I'm so elated you enjoyed it, and that it made you laugh! I laughed a lot when writing it, and it means the world that I got to share that with someone!
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Influential Creator
    Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 pm

That was adorable and hilarious Lady Sen, I loved it!

Shaybaysasuke
    Shaybaysasuke
    Incredible Creator
    Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Thank you so much, Shay! I'm glad you liked it!
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Lady Senbonzakura
    Influential Creator
    Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down