FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

[Interest check] Low Fantasy Adventure-based RPG or "Bloodwillow"

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You interested?

100% 100% 
[ 7 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

[Interest check] Low Fantasy Adventure-based RPG or "Bloodwillow"

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Everybody else seems to do be doing these so I figured I'd pitch my idea as well. Me and Lady Sen have been working on and off on this for the past two months or so and we've invested so much work on it that it probably WILL HAPPEN at some point, but we were hoping to start it in early December while everyone's on break and can commit.

Alright, so, fantasy world. Set primarly in one continent, called "Caitra." Geography is pretty important so here's a map.
Map:
(might look a little bit familiar #ifitworks)

And here's an ugly-looking edited version.
Worse Map:
(Black lines denote borders, blue line denotes the most likely route. We decided not to name any countries other than the ones that will be involved in the plot, that way the world is more open and people can make their own if they want.)

There are two kinds of people in Caitra; Regular people(like us) and Magicians(magic users). I'm not too sure of the limitations of magic in this verse as Lady Sen is working on that right now, but they're magic, okay?

The journey starts in the country of Hjemsted. It's a very cold, nordic-inspired country but it's not your typical inhospitable wasteland.The region is ruled by six or so "wolf packs"(clans) who are part of a central alliance. Magicians(called Ravens in Hjemsted) are assigned to one of the six packs at birth.

One pack, the Everwinter pack, is in possession of a very powerful Raven who can see the future, named Mahon Bloodwillow. Bloodwillow has disappeared recently and evidence suggests he was kidnapped by agents of the kingdom of Santuario, far to the south. Santuario's leader, Princess Madeline, has been rather tense with Hjemsted due to its possession of natural resources that would be useful to her. As such, Bloodwillow's knowledge of the future and info on the inner workings of Hjemsted would be very valuable to her.

Any accusation of this from Hjemsted would broil them in a costly war. Due to this, Milton Jewelshard(in case you couldn't tell, Lady S is a sucker for W101 naming conventions), the son of the Everwinter Pack's Alpha, has decided to embark on a journey to Santuario to investigate the disappearance further. Due to the suspicion of his being there, he's decided to travel under alias, with only one Raven servant from Hjemsted with him. Besides that, he's decided to put out an invitation for any other person seeking to travel south to accompany them for mutual protection, thus forming a party. Everyone in the party has their own story and reason for joining, but as they travel together, more and more will be revealed.

There are two countries they must travel through to reach Santuario.

1. Grimoire. A dark, run-down, hopeless land ruled by a necromancer despot. Said necromancer is a friend of the Everwinter pack(or so he claims) and so they'll need to to go to him to get a visa to enter Santuario's borders. Even still, the roads are very unsafe.

2. Xingyun. An empire that extends from the far east into Caitra. It's a mighty trading power and more-or-less friendly to outsiders... but it's being sieged by its neighbor, Dominion, a highly corrupt Theocracy that is an ally of Santuario. Passage here will be dangerous.

Then the last stretch is in Santuario itself, attempting to reach the capital itself. Santuario is a technologically advanced paradise in a dark age world, but it looks down upon Magicians/Ravens(in fact they're typically slaves) and its government is highly corrupt. Tensions are exceedingly high and the wrong step could cause chaos.

So, basically, it's a quest-based RPG. At the beginning, characters would join the "party" and embark south for whatever reasons they may have, joining up with each other for safety reasons. Everybody might have their own reasons, and may want to even get off at different stops, but as they journey they'll discover more about each other and themselves. Of course, you don't have to be part of the party, but it's the easiest way to get involved with the plot.

It's a bit more linear than usual, so not exactly Open World, but we're open to change up our plans. We're also very open to questions, suggestions, anything you got. This is a group effort so we're very interested in feedback.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: [Interest check] Low Fantasy Adventure-based RPG or "Bloodwillow"

Post by Ace on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 pm

I think it sounds pretty cool! How would the “party members” be chosen? Just people that the Princess decides on or is there a tournament or something?

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I like the concept and I'm definitely interested to see more. Nice maps, by the way. It really helps to see the places you're talking about and get a deeper feel for them. I don't really have any questions right now, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this once new information is revealed!

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:52 pm

@Ace wrote:I think it sounds pretty cool! How would the “party members” be chosen? Just people that the Princess decides on or is there a tournament or something?
The party would probably start out as Milton, plus one or two of the friends from his Pack, and maybe some wandering travelers. Then, as they travel, they may pick up more and more members. There are relgions in this world, so perhaps there is a divine force involved.

Princess Proudstar is the antagonist/villain of story, but everyone should feel free to have characters on all ascepts of the morality spectrum. Also, we will have a few roles we're hoping people can fill, and it should help keep people in the plot.

Culture and social norms will play a larger role than RPs such as Irongale, especially in the Hjemsted Packs, but slightly less so in other areas, which should be a fun way to stretch our skills as writers.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:24 pm

I'm highly interested in this RP. I always love a good quest plotline! Do you have any more information on the six packs/clans? That's what I'm most interested in.

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:35 pm

@WritingBookworm wrote:I'm highly interested in this RP. I always love a good quest plotline! Do you have any more information on the six packs/clans? That's what I'm most interested in.
The Hjemsted Packs are actually my babies ngl XD. I really really want to use them as much as possible. I have more information on culture/social ticks of the Packs that I can post for you and anyone else who is interested, I just thought it was a bit long for this thread ^^.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:45 pm

@Lady Senbonzakura wrote:
@WritingBookworm wrote:I'm highly interested in this RP. I always love a good quest plotline! Do you have any more information on the six packs/clans? That's what I'm most interested in.
The Hjemsted Packs are actually my babies ngl XD. I really really want to use them as much as possible. I have more information on culture/social ticks of the Packs that I can post for you and anyone else who is interested, I just thought it was a bit long for this thread ^^.

Bro, do it! I'm a sucker for worldbuilding. : D

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Here's the nerdy stuff on Hjemsted Packs!

Hjemsted Packs:
The packs of Hjemsted, having all originally descended from a common ancestor, also share most of their culture. Their language is unlike those of other countries, and thus is often hard to translate (for example, the Hjemsted use the word “nest’ instead of “bed,” as it is a borrow-word from the Raven.) They have two general terms for people - “Wolves” who make the majority of the population, and “Ravens” who are those with magical abilities.

Hjemsted has no currency of its own, and its economy is based around bartering and trade, not only between individuals, but between packs and to other countries as well. All the land belongs to the Alpha, but crops are cared for equally by its members, and considered communal. Children are also often grouped by age and looked after by multiple caretakers, though children spend a decent amount of time with their own families as well.

Opposed to the kingdom of Santaurio, the Hjemsted believe Ravens to be the closest to the gods, and thus sacred. They are the religious leaders for the entire community, and trans-tribal law forbids any Wolf from harming a Raven unprovoked, possibly punishable by death.

Ravens have three main purposes when joining a pack - religious and spiritual leadership, assisting doctors and healers in aiding the sick and wounded, and counseling the Alpha and their trusted on matters of politics and diplomacy.

The Coven is the home of the Ravens, hidden in the mountains near Hjemsted’s borders, where Ravens are trained in their abilities, taught medicine and instructed on advising Alphas. Ravens are usually discovered when they are 6-8 years old, when their abilities begin to manifest, and are sent to the Coven. Then, once ready, they are sent to live with a pack and spend the rest of their lives in service of that community. The Coven has a far more detached and rigid structure of interpersonal interactions than the Wolves, and Ravens are often not returned to the packs they were born in, thus they usually have some challenges adjusting to the casual intimacy Wolves instinctively display.

Ravens are allowed to marry whom they chose, if they so desire to, and they are also allowed to raise their own children, as long as they still serve their pack. Ravens understand that family is extremely important to Wolves, and thus involve themselves as much as possible to be closer to them. Ravens usually don't know any fighting techniques unless they are taught by their fellow packmembers, as Ravens tend rely on their powers.
Lady Senbonzakura
Influential Creator
Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Lionheart on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Okay, this is the sort of thing that might make me finally crack on my 'No New RPs for now' policy. I'll definitely be watching to see where this goes Smile

and in the silence she would stay the rest of her life
Athena Lionheart
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

http://creativitycenter.forumotion.com/t869-applications-thread-

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:16 pm

@Ace wrote:I think it sounds pretty cool! How would the “party members” be chosen? Just people that the Princess decides on or is there a tournament or something?
Princess is the main villain and only has jurisdiction in Santuario, which is the destination(sorry if I wasn't too clear there, the OP should be more specific). Really I think Milton will just put up ads at the starting point in Hjemsted asking anybody who wants to go the same way if they'll join up, mainly for things like being safer and numbers and splitting the cost for inns and whatnot.

(Also on discord I heard you said you liked Egyptian mythology, we might have something for you but it will be later on down the line of the RPG so nothing for sure yet)

@boyhoy wrote:I like the concept and I'm definitely interested to see more. Nice maps, by the way. It really helps to see the places you're talking about and get a deeper feel for them. I don't really have any questions right now, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this once new information is revealed!
Yeah, we're really hoping to explore the cultures of the places that are visited. I've written some more in-depth descriptions of each of them, I can post them now if you'd like but they'll definitely be going in the OP.

The wolf packs were Lady Sen's idea so she has the most answers on their dynamics. As for the six, the Everwinter Pack is the only one we've named, but we should probably(and hopefully will) go into more detail about the names, people, and customs of the other five.

@Athena Lionheart wrote:Okay, this is the sort of thing that might make me finally crack on my 'No New RPs for now' policy. I'll definitely be watching to see where this goes Smile

High praise coming from you! Thanks Athena!

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next