FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Interest Check!! Whimsical Fantasy-ish RPG w modern elements?? idk

Go down

Interested?

43% 43% 
[ 3 ]
57% 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Interest Check!! Whimsical Fantasy-ish RPG w modern elements?? idk

Post by Hime on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Okay so I've had this idea in my head for a REALLY long time, years essentially, and I've never really been able to articulate it in a way that worked for an RPG. See, I've never watched One Piece in full, but the idea of it in RPG form was cool. So this is SORT OF a mash-up of concepts from One Piece and Fairy Tail, where it's just a sort of nonsensical genre where you can't really determine the time period. Here's what I have so far – FEEL FREE to leave your thoughts and ideas! Very Happy And no, this RPG does not have a title yet. That part always stresses me OUT!!

---

SYNOPSIS: There is threat of civil war in the land of Ospell since the fall of the monarchy in 1877. Now, many centuries later, there is political discourse and turmoil that can be solved by only one thing: A champion. The late Queen Oprela's will has been discovered, and in it she reveals that there is a treasure hidden somewhere in the land that can bestow a great power and influence over its finder. Those who are interested in the treasure must train hard and choose their companions wisely; otherwise, the fate of the land can fall into the wrong hands. Will peace be restored in Ospell, or will divide destroy this mystical country once and for all?

CULTURE: Ospell is an imaginary continent on planet Earth; therefore, a great deal of what we know exists in this universe. The major world religions are a part of this world, as well as the Mayan calendar. Other countries are around and known by Ospell’s citizens, but will likely not be visited in the RPG. Since this RPG takes place far in the future, many aspects of the world as we know it have changed. The official language of Ospell is English, though Latin is also normally spoken by old-school magi and scholars.

GOVERNMENT: Ospell used to be ruled under a large monarchy, famously the Ruclan family. Since the birth of numerous rebellions and rise of pirates, the large government suffered, and power is now split up across the different provinces.

GENRE??: This RPG can be considered futuristic fantasy. It’s definitely not medieval fantasy or super high fantasy, as it is grounded in the real world. There’s no modern technology like cell phones or cars, but there are semblances of the past advancements such as electronic lights and some leftover modern architecture. It’s kind of a whacky and whimsical setting. If you need a visual, look up “One Piece Scenery” or "Fairy Tail Scenery" and that should give you a decent idea of my vision.

I'm gonna now show you what I have of the map so far. I haven't figured out all the little details yet, but I have a general idea.

MAP!!:

EDIT: idk why that showed up so tiny, but I'm too lazy to fix it rn so I'll edit that later smh :/

provinces!!:
RED = ENDER DOMAIN
Though Ender Domain is the northernmost part of the continent, it is not cold year-round. This technical island is one of the most beautiful parts of Ospell, offering views from great mountains and healthy greenery. The beaches are not sandy, but rather rocky and usually not ideal for vacationing. It usually begins to get cold in early fall.

ORANGE = OPRELA’S PASS
Named for one of the most famous monarchs in Ospell’s history, Oprela’s Pass is the second largest faction in the country. This area is known for the academy towns, namely Erellus Academy in the city of Wisteria, where wizards/witches attend to study magic. This area os the country is densely populated, especially by younger citizens.

YELLOW = POOR QUEEN PENINSULA
The northern part of the peninsula is walled off from the south, due to the citizens having a great deal of violent disagreements. The north contains the richer and more privileged Ospellians, whereas the south holds the rogues, pirates, rebels, and bandits. The Raging Expanse, Ospell’s desert, stretches in the southern part of this area.

GREEN = REQUIEM
Requiem is the largest province in the country and home of the official capital, Opalfell. It also holds the Valley of Two Snakes and the Nevermore Forest. This region is still greatly populated, though not as densely as Oprela’s Pass.

BLUE = OUTCASTIAN
This is the only part of Ospell that Ignorants (foreign humans) can see, as the rest of the country is under a protective charm. This is what citizens consider the “tourist” area.

Again, lmk if you have any suggestions or ideas! I'm looking to build upon your thoughts too.

For races, I'm thinking only two: Humans and Magi (collective term for wizards and witches). However, I don't know if humans should be necessary... Should everyone be able to practice magic and just generally be called humans? I don't want this to be a whole "separation of race" issue; more like "separation of ability/power," so I'm leaning more towards everyone being able to study magic.

---

That's it for what I have, and it's probably the extent of what the OP will provide, since I want your ideas to feed into this weird universe, too. PLEASE DON'T JUST VOTE! Tell me what you think! Thanks guys! cat

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Re: Interest Check!! Whimsical Fantasy-ish RPG w modern elements?? idk

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Heckie yeah! This looks so fun!!

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boyhoy on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:00 pm

//has no thoughts but is posting because you said to

Because I know you'll yell at me if that's all I put, I guess I would be curious as to how you plan for magic to work in this RPG? Is that still a WIP or is there any more info you can provide about it?

boyhoy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 pm

@boyhoy wrote://has no thoughts but is posting because you said to

Because I know you'll yell at me if that's all I put, I guess I would be curious as to how you plan for magic to work in this RPG? Is that still a WIP or is there any more info you can provide about it?

I think it'll work a lot how it does in Fairy Tail or maybe even HP, where the character learns different types and techniques of magics depending on the skill level and education!! thanks for your question!!!!!

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:58 pm

Can I copy my characters over from FT and continue their plots since FT is deD?

Um can you elaborate more on how this country is run? It says there’s a capital but is each province autonomous or like

Influential Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:03 pm

No honestly there are about eleven active roleplays right now we don't need this.

Honorary Patron
Honorary Patron

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:13 pm

@Ace wrote:Can I copy my characters over from FT and continue their plots since FT is deD?

Um can you elaborate more on how this country is run? It says there’s a capital but is each province autonomous or like

I think there's an official "capital" out of formality; technically, there isn't one government, since there's a sort of anarchy going on and any large government would automatically be crushed. I'll still have to sort of think through this one, but I think for the most part, each area has its own government.

@Kane wrote:No honestly there are about eleven active roleplays right now we don't need this.

leave

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:06 pm

This looks cool! A bit rough around the edges, but that can be fixed. I like the geographical map and the fact that it's inserted into the real world is interesting, and probably smart since it will remove the need to explain the world at large(barring historical stuff like "they didn't have grenade launchers in 1877 pyrobot").

So, from what I take, this is like a quest type deal? Sounds cool, though I wonder how easy it would be to guide the plot.

@Kane wrote:No honestly there are about eleven active roleplays right now we don't need this.

I'd say there's only four but they're all fairly sizable(plus everyone's been busy):

Naruto
Harwell's
Infinity's Row
and Irongale

Furthermore, of those four, three of them are fantasy RPGs so it might make things like this(and the other 2 RPGs like this) somewhat problematic in regards to standing out. I wouldn't really worry too much because if people are really interested they'll drop what they're doing and join.

"...then maybe you should reevaluate your definition of stupidity."
Thank you Fix-it for the amazing signature!
Also, thank you so much ~Hermione~ for last year's awesome Marcel signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:10 am

@Comrade Squid wrote:This looks cool! A bit rough around the edges, but that can be fixed. I like the geographical map and the fact that it's inserted into the real world is interesting, and probably smart since it will remove the need to explain the world at large(barring historical stuff like "they didn't have grenade launchers in 1877 pyrobot").

So, from what I take, this is like a quest type deal? Sounds cool, though I wonder how easy it would be to guide the plot.

I'd say there's only four but they're all fairly sizable(plus everyone's been busy):

Naruto
Harwell's
Infinity's Row
and Irongale

Furthermore, of those four, three of them are fantasy RPGs so it might make things like this(and the other 2 RPGs like this) somewhat problematic in regards to standing out. I wouldn't really worry too much because if people are really interested they'll drop what they're doing and join.

Yeah, it's in the early stages of development Smile I'm honestly not sure if it'll be quest-based or something different, since a majority of fantasy RPGs seem to operate that way. I'll have to develop the plot more to see.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down