Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:25 pm by Cana

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Rate the Song Above You.
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:35 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [RP Thread]
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:37 pm by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:26 pm by WritingBookworm

» [APPLICATIONS THREAD] Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 am by Sentinel

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 am by WritingBookworm

October 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Harwell's Institute: What is Daikaiju?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harwell's Institute: What is Daikaiju?

Post by Comrade Squid on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:27 pm

**BLNN SPECIAL REPORT: WHAT IS DAIKAIJU?**

*Transcript begins*

Eric: Hello ladies and gentlemen! It's 9:00 PM in South Cali and you're tuned into "The Eric Daniels Power Hour" on BLNN. I'm your host, Eric Daniels, and we'll be kicking off today's segment with an interview with the revered ISO Researcher, Doctor Miles Euclid.

*Camera cuts to Dr. Euclid.*

Eric: Doctor Euclid is ISO's certified "Daikaiju Expert" and has been tracking the monster that ravaged New York in the awful tragedy yesterday afternoon ever since it first appeared in Tokyo. Now, doctor, tell us: What exactly is Daikaiju?

Miles: Thanks Eric, you can call me Miles. Um, to tell you the truth, we're not exactly sure what to make of it. Daikaiju's been an enigma from day one.

Eric:
Would you care to elaborate on that?

Miles: Well, for starters...

*Dr. Euclid sighs, readjusts his glasses.*

Miles: I guess I'd better start from the beginning. As you pointed out, Daikaiju made its first appearance in Tokyo, about four and a half years ago. Survivors said everything was calm until they heard an explosion and there it was. This was in the middle of a crowded metro station during rush hour-

Eric:
Catastrophic. Truly terrible.

Miles: Yes. Two dozen dead, including the superhero Hotaru, who tried to stop it. Hundreds were injured. ISO Japan couldn't arrive on scene until it was all over. Thankfully, the carnage was short, but it was still one of the bloodiest events yet. This is where it was given the name "Daikaiju."

Eric: And it disappeared just as fast as it appeared, right?

Miles: Yes. It jumped into the bay, not unlike what happened in New York. We searched for days but could find no trace of it.

Eric: I was at ground zero later that day. Director Waller seemed very shaken by it.

*Dr. Euclid subtly makes a skeptical expression.*

Miles: I'm sure we were all shaken that day. Anyway, we didn't see Daikaiju again for six months, in-

Eric: Los Angeles.

Miles: Thank you. The monster appeared on the coast and caused significant damage to beachfront property, before breaking into the home of Jamie Ebener, the secret identity of the superhero Hot Rod, and killing her. We're still unsure whether or not it somehow knew and deliberately targetted her.

Eric: Let's not jump to conclusions Miles, the thing's an animal, it can't know things like that.

Miles: You'd be surprised. Our experiences show that Daikaiju possesses a high amount of intelligence. It's capable of thinking strategically, given how it seems to always be one step ahead of us.

Eric: Says a lot about Waller's ISO.

*Dr Euclid chose to ignore this comment.*

Miles: Thankfully, casualties in Los Angeles were relatively low. There were a few more attacks over the years, including the attack at the Valencian Institute in Nevada.

Eric: Care to elaborate on that one?

Miles: One of the stranger ones. Daikaiju chose to target a rural, private science facility in the desert rather than a populated urban center. We managed to fire a tracking dart into its hide before it escaped. We lost visual on it when it crawled into a ravine, but tracked the dart a few miles away.

Eric: What did you pick up on it?

Miles: We found the dart lying in the sand, with no monster in sight. The strangest thing was, we took it in for examination... and there was no DNA. It was as if we had fired it into a brick wall. No organic matter on it whatsoever.

Eric: Let's hurry it up doc, we've only got a few minutes left.

Miles: Sorry. We've heard a lot of theories about its origins, most agree it's tied to a superbeing in some way. Given it's apparent intellect, I'd say it's being directed, controlled. The thing is a weapon. Early August of last year, it appeared again, and we were ready for it. After twelve hours of cat and mouse, we managed to blow off its arm before it dashed off into God knows where. We could barely revel in our victory before the arm crumpled into dust, mere minutes after being separated from the main body.

Eric: Doctor, do you think Daikaiju could be tied to a false flag op-

Miles: That's not my department. I'm just science. We thought we'd killed it for good until it turned up in New York yesterday. The most alarming thing was that it now had both arms back. This is very worrying, because it means that it can either regenerate, or-

Eric: Or there's more than one.

Miles: Precisely. The New York attack was horrific, but it only left thirteen dead. That's a lot better compared to Tokyo. Lightbringer was the real hero of the day. If she's there next time this thing turns up, maybe we'll have a chance at finishing this.

Eric: Let's not misplace credit where it's due, Miles. The real heroes yesterday were the first responders. The men and women in our police, firefighter and hospital departments prevented a lot of casualties that day.

Miles: Sorry, I had no intention of discrediting any brave hero who saved lives in New York.

Eric: Looks like our time's up, thank you for joining us Doctor Euclid.

Miles: My pleasure.

*Eric and Dr. Euclid shake hands.*

Eric: Coming up next, we'll be discussing Senator Armstrong's controversial victory in Vermont and what effect it may have on the country. Thanks for tuning in, and remember, you're watching Eric Daniels on BLNN!

*Transcript ends*

---

~Author's Note~

This was just a fun little thing I had planned to give some background info on one of Harwell's biggest enigmas, the titanic beast Daikaiju. The format is a little strange, but hopefully I succeeded for the "interview log" look. I hope you all enjoyed!

P.S. If anybody's confused, the interviewee is the father of the Eric Daniels at Harwell's Institute, who named his son after himself.

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Re: Harwell's Institute: What is Daikaiju?

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:40 pm

I had a lot of fun reading this. You handled the interview format very well! Very Happy Thanks for the insight into Daikaiju!

Also, guess we know where Eric gets his douchiness from.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson
Currengly Binging: Rick and Morty
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Squid on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Thank you Writing! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Wait till you see his mother

Thank you so much ~Hermione~ for the awesome signature!
Comrade Squid
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:09 pm

I see your SCP Foundation references.

Well done!

On a moonless night / In a soulless place
The battle begins / For the s k e l e t o n  r a c e
Wanna see my pog collection?
Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top