FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Latest topics
» Harwell’s Institute for the Fairly Exceptional II
Today at 3:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» A Tired Hiatus
Yesterday at 6:21 am by Adrian

» [APP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:27 pm by WritingBookworm

» ✮ app thread ✮ Danmachi
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am by LuciusCypher

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:02 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» « Asphodel »
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 am by Michael DeathFlame

» Irongale [APPS THREAD!]
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:16 pm by Hime

» [RP THREAD] L I M I N A L
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am by Lady Senbonzakura

December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Go down

Re: Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:34 pm

~Circe~

I whipped around at the sound of the guards, standing protectively in front of my friend. Bianca would never hurt someone on purpose but...I still didn't know what just happened. 

I wanted to protest, to keep her from going with these guys but Bianca agrees anyway. My hand stays on her shoulder until she's too far away to reach before I turn to Liam, "W-what's gonna happen?"

Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:47 pm

~Liam~

I shrugged. "We're gonna go with her. Surely, there's nothing wrong with that. Besides, she didn't do anything wrong..." I began to follow the Knights with confidence.

But... what exactly did happen here? Some guy's car got completely totaled, and Bianca just happened to be sitting there unscathed?

Site Rules | Banner Submission | IR | Evergreen
Adrian
Administrator
Administrator

http://bit.ly/JxlCjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Yupik: "Mom, Eb's standing on her tiptoes!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"You're just small!"

"Mooooooom!"

"Girls, cut it out! Let the nice man take our picture."

I'm glad no one's looking at me right now, because I'm about half a second from laughing, which would definitely get a death glare from Natasha. I get a better grip on Landon and hoist him up a little closer to my chest, shooting an apologetic smile at the man waiting to take our picture. When we finally got in front of the big water slide (The Hill Jumper? Sky Rusher?) and the kids got slightly less antsy than they've been for the past few hours, now seemed like as good a time as ever to get a family picture. Egging on the girls even more wouldn't get much love from my wife.

They really don't need it, though. Ebbie's shot up a bit in the past year, putting her a head taller than Ken. Just to add insult to injury she cranes her neck, planting one hand on her younger sister's shoulder to push herself even higher up.

Landon squirms around a little bit in my grip to free his hand, pointing it at Ken. "Ken, Ken's smaller than us," he says, managing to get most of that out in between giggles. Ken's not having any of it.

"That's it," Natasha groans under her breath before bending down, wrapping an arm around Ken's waist. "Mom to the rescue!" Ken gives a surprised huff as Natasha effortlessly hoists her into the air, well over Ebbie's head.

Ebbie rolls her eyes, whining, "That's cheating!"

"Okaaaaay," I jump in, pointing over at the man with the camera, "everyone smile!" Ken flashes a triumphant little grin at her sister before turning to the camera. As the camera flashes Ebbie jumps into the air to get a little extra height, but she doesn't make it all the way to her sister's new height.

Natasha flashes Ebbie the Mom Look with a sharp, "Ebony Grace" as I take a step towards the man.

"Did it come out okay?"

"Yeah yeah, looks great."

He hurriedly hands me the camera and runs off with his own wife and kids before I can even thank him. I place Landon back on the ground, following the running toddler back to the rest of our family. "No more fighting, yeah? Come on, let's go on some rides."

Ebbie points up at the slide right behind us. "Me and Ken are going on Cliff Diver!"

Ken's head snaps over to look at her sister and clings a little tighter to Natasha. "Uh..."

"Oh come on, it'll be
awesome! You go, like, straight down, like, vWOOM!"

Ken flinches, but gives a very hesitant nod. She still looks a little scared when she looks back at Natasha. "Can you come with us?"

"Of course." Natasha puts Ken back down, looking back at me as Ebbie excitedly pulls on Ken's hand towards the slide. "Where do you want meet?"

"Lazy River? I'll go on that with Lan again." She gives a nod before running after the girls, who're already rushing to grab one of the few three-people tubes-

"Two sixty-one." My eyes snap open, and when I go to breathe I get a mouth-full of water instead. I stagger forward out of the stream of shower water, watching it dribble out between my lips and onto the ground. "Welcome back, boy. We missed you."

I'm sure.
I wipe my hand across my face before turning the shower off. My long sign echoes through the bathroom as my head plants itself against the shower wall, staring down at the erratic red lines snaking up my legs. They still haven't healed.

"They never will.'

Thanks for the reminder.
If Miranda knows what she's talking about, They're right. When I was younger, my body could handle Their power. Physically, at least. I could go fast, throw blasts, teleport even without hurting myself. Now, though? Using Them tore parts of me out. Flesh, tissue, it just disintegrated. And no matter how much Miranda tried, it didn't come back. It's just gone.

"The rest of you will follow soon."

I tug the shower curtain away and wrap a towel around the lines.

Thanks so much to Lissy for the signature!
Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

http://Wizard101central.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:08 pm

- CLEONAT 701 AW -

His apartment was sleek, all sharp lines and monochrome tones. A leather sofa faced a coffee table and a transparent wall that showed Ald Ruhn’s cityscape. Rose placed her hand to the wall, her own way of connecting herself to the city.

“Can I get you anything to drink?” The dark-skinned man opened his refrigerator. Even on the way back, he hadn’t told her his name. He teased, “Nothing alcoholic, of course. I’m not giving anything like that to a minor.”

“Why are you helping me?” she asked quietly.

The man paused. He motioned to the counter, where there were a bunch of stools. Despite what he’d said about not giving her any alcoholic drinks, the set-up sort of reminded her of a bar. She climbed onto one of the stools and watched as he settled on pouring her a cup of water. “Why? Well, because it’s the right thing to do. I’d be heartless if I left an orphaned thirteen year old—”

“Fourteen.”

“Right. If I left an orphaned fourteen year old girl on the streets.”

“You know what I can do, though.”

“I trust you’ll try to keep that deadly little fire of yours as far away from me as possible.” He slid the water at her, the ice jingling together. Rose smiled, but couldn’t bring herself to take a sip. “Is there anything I can do for you?” The man said. “What do you want?”

“I want . . .” Rose thought of Katrina’s glassy eyes, her unmoving body pinned by rubble. “I want justice.”

He learned toward her, putting his elbows on the granite counter. “Justice? That’s an awfully heavy thing for a fourteen year old to want.” While those were the words that came out of his mouth, he wasn’t explictly discouraging her. The spark of curiosity in his eyes urged her to go on.

“Did you hear of Rundial?” Rose asked.

“Rose, I’m afraid everyone in N’al Ren has heard of Rundial. It’s such a tragedy.”

“My sister died in the attack. Her and my parents both. I tried to protect her, but . . .” Her lip wobbled for a fraction of an instant before she took a deep breath. “I failed protecting her. But I won’t fail to get justice for her. The Panther Jun — all Juns — are monsters and they need to go.”

“That’s a lofty goal you’re setting for yourself,” the man mused.

“I know. The Panther Jun comes first. I can deal with the others later.”

“How might you kill the Panther Jun?”

“Whatever my flames are, maybe I can use them.” She frowned, because while she remembered the beast leering over buildings, she also remembered the host. She’d smiled at them bittersweetly, a sadness in her eyes even then. That hadn’t stopped her from being kind to her and her sister. “But the host is innocent. There has to be a way to kill the Jun without killing the host, right?”

“If there is a way to do it, then it has not yet been devised.” He pushed himself off the counter, straightening his back. “I actually know a fair share about killing Juns. There is no way to do it without killing the host.”

“There has to be a way,” Rose insisted. “Hosts are just as much victims as anyone else, and I won’t kill a—“

“You must. It sounds callous now, I know. But by killing one person, you save potentially thousands more. You could save entire cities and civilizations. Is one life not an acceptable sacrifice?”

Rose hesitated. It wasn’t one she was eager to make. But it was acceptable.

Seeing her surrender, the man smiled to himself. “Come with me, Rose McCallister. I know a place where I can teach you about your gift. The fight for control will be a hard one, but should you prevail, you will become strong enough to fight Juns.”

“You seem to know an awful lot,” Rose said carefully.

“I do,” said the man without any hesitation. “I know many things — sacred things — that are lost to most N’al Renians. I can show you, if you’d like.”

Rose knew she should be asking several questions, but at this moment, she could ask only one. “What is your name?”

It was at this that the man finally turned away from her. “. . . I was never given one.”

“What? That’s ridiculous. Everyone needs to have a name.”

“Not everyone, evidently.” Rose thought she heard a tang of bitterness in his tone, but she chose to ignore it for now.

“What can I call you, then?” she pressed.

The man’s reserved smile appeared once more. “How about your friend?”

"You rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

Currently Writing: Fallen Star
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:03 am

- Kendra -

I should not be doing this. I should not be stress-eating. But I spoon the helping of ice cream into my mouth anyways. Double chocolate ice cream, with brownies mixed in and hot fudge drizzled on top. A chocolatey nightmare, just the way I like it.

I lean back on the bench next to the ice cream parlor and slump against it, watching the people amble by. On most days, people-watching and ice cream would be enough to help me forget, but not tonight.

The Jun wouldn’t stop attacking civilians. We had to make a hard choice, so we . . . We killed the girl. The Jun let go of her body just long enough for the girl to realize she was dying. I tried to stymie the bleeding, but it wasn’t enough. All I could do was hold her hand and comfort her as she passed.

I stuff a brownie bit into my mouth. My mom and dad are both Jun Hosts. My sister might be a Jun Host too, someday. If anyone has experience with Juns, it should be me. So why do I still feel so helpless whenever dealing with one?

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:58 am

Midnight

"It's hopeless, isn't it?" His voice is shaking, and I'm watching him with a chest full of grief.

"D-Don't say that, that was one incident, okay?" I scramble to find the words he needs to hear. But what can I tell him? We've spent so long traveling, becoming apart of the Row, hoping and praying we could get some sort of clue to getting that beast out of him.

"The only way we're going to get rid of it is by killing me. If I had just jumped when--."

Grief quickly turns to anger, "Don't you dare speak like that again, do you understand me?" I can't stand it when he talks like that; about killing himself as the answer. It's been like that since we were teens. Back when we first met, when he would come to our home at 2 in the morning out of nowhere, I would sit there and clean up the wounds he would purposefully give himself in hopes to rid the Jun or punish himself for getting into this mess. I hated it, so, so much. I hated that his dad beat the shit out of him until he left and lived on the streets. I hated that he tried countless times again and again to get himself hurt or almost leave me when. . . when I needed him too.

I might not have a Jun, or an abusive family, and maybe the entire world doesn't hate my existence. But I need him too.

"Dante. You know I need you too, right?" The anger turns to tenderness. His head is in his hands and he's weeping because he knows I hate it when he talks like that. I'm just glad he's able to cry, to show vulnerability around me. It's probably the best thing to getting some of that pent up emotion out.

"I. . . I know, M-Mel, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. . ."

As usual I begin to move over to him, bringing him into me for an embrace that I truly mean. I may not be the most loving or caring person. Hell, a lot of people don't even get along with me. But, I care for Dante. He's my best friend, you know? I tell him everything, he doesn't judge me, and we've had some memorable times on our adventures together. Sure, he's the host of the Jun that killed the person I'm named after--but, he's been there for me as well when no one else was.

"You're alright. Just. . . remember what I keep telling you: I made a promise to help you find a way out of this. I mean it, Dante."

The sound of his sniffling to clear his pretty obvious running nose brings me to a simper, "Of course, I know you do. Thanks again, Melly."

My eyes close as I breath softly, knowing if I breathed calmly in this position he would follow suit. It's just things you've picked up on after all these years, you know? And whatever makes this easier for the both of us is something I'm willing to do, "You don't need to thank me, slithers. You're fine."

Now

I always make sure we take a walk so he doesn't lock himself up in his room like some hermit and wallow in his sorrows. I mean, he has time to do that, he could do that. But I'm a pretty firm believer in making sure you get some outside air at the very least and see the world. My mother used to do that with me when I was little. Man, mom used to really try to get me to be this loving person to the world. She did it pretty damn good with my sister, but I always seemed to be the opposite. Now look at me, I'm taking care of a Jun and trying to keep myself sane. Not that she could ever know, though. Or dad, dad would probably kick Dante's ass for me practically being his babysitter--

Okay, Mel, stop. You're rambling again and you're kind of sounding like a bitch.

I'm not perfect in how I look at things. I still get super selfish, but I've been trying to at least catch myself before I get too negative. Not always soon enough but, at least I'm making an effort? Right?

His head is in the clouds, and that makes me smile. It's not exactly crowded today but it's at least sunny. It's kind of hot too, maybe we could get an ice cream? I could go for a double chocolate ice cream. Maybe with brownies? Oh! And hot fudge. Dante like Vanilla bean. Like the basic bean he is. Typical Dante.

Knowing there's an ice cream parlor on our route, I keep quiet and plan to surprise Dante. Who, is still very much lost looking up at the sky to the point I have to make sure he doesn't run into people who don't move for him first.

But as we reach the parlor I notice someone. Kendra, right? And what the hell she's eating the same thing I want! No fair!

"Heeeey, Kendra, fancy meeting you here, eh?" I greet, smiling a bit and snapping Dante out of his daydream-whatever.

"Hi Kendra." Dante adds after me. Good, he's talking. Baby steps, Mel, baby steps.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone?

Heart made of glass,
my mind of stone.

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:03 pm

- Kendra -

I perk up after seeing some familiar faces. “Oh, hi guys!” While I may have avoided the Row kids at school, being in the actual Row with them has given me the courage to talk to them. “Mel, and . . . Dante, was it?”

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sal on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:20 pm

{ Melana }

"Look! She remembered your name," I tease him, jabbing him lightly in the side with my elbow as I can see he's smiling a little. This guy just needs to wins, and this seems like one of them.

"Anyways, what's up with you? You're scoring a pretty damn good looking ice cream."

Isn't it lovely,
all alone?

Heart made of glass,
my mind of stone.

Sal
Roleplay Moderator
Roleplay Moderator

https://salpphie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Landon: With Ken and Eb both out of the house, it's quiet. Too quiet. Perfect, actually, for right now. I don't want either of them to hear me ask. Still, when I leave my room I run downstairs to do a quick check first before standing outside of Mom and Dad's room. I lean a little closer to the door. "Mom, you in there?"

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael DeathFlame on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:57 am

BTS

Sierra: You know, a part of me there, watching the kids go out with some of the guys, out onto missions to fight and blow shit up, a part of me was a bit jealous I didn’t get my hands wet today. Sure, there’s the whole traumatizing part about fighting, and yeah, you can definitely die, but it used to get me pretty damn alive.

But that’s just the stupid side of me (or well, the stupider side of me), and I don’t pay too much attention to that when I go looking for Aidec. With everyone back it’s a bit crazy finding one person, but I hunt him down quick enough. “Ah sweet, glad you didn’t drown or something. Always a plus.” I shove my hands into my pocket, looking him up and down. “So, are you the one who’s actually in charge, or is it someone else?”

Michael DeathFlame
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 96 of 100 Previous  1 ... 49 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next