Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Today at 4:29 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Today at 3:42 pm by Comrade Squid

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:00 am by Kane

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Post by Hime on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 pm

- Raiden -

"Gardening?" I repeated, quizzically raising an eyebrow at her proposal. "When?"

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Hannellat 1st, 724 AD

As the new year rang out the earth was being blanketed by snow so thick that no one even noticed the small, white haired girl shivering against a building. There were remains of burnt match sticks sitting at her feet but none had lit a fire long enough to warm her frozen fingers. So she sat, pulling a tattered old blanket tight against her shoulders to try and keep the cold wind off of her pale skin.

An older couple happened to pass by and finally noticed the child, rushing to her aid with offerings of food and a warm place to stay. The girl seemed frightened of the couple but reluctantly agreed, the temptation of even some warmth and kindness welcome by now.

The young girl followed close behind the couple, stumbling along in the snow but rejecting any other help from them. She was still wary of the two, although they had been nothing but kind, but they understood. They figured she must have been scared after being alone for who knows how long.

Finally all three of them reached the house and once inside the girl finally began to relax. Bustling about, the older woman gathered some warmer clothes for the girl and started a fire to prepare some food.

"There you are now, dear," the older woman said as she set the girl in front of the fire with a thick, woolen blanket, "You can keep those clothes and that blanket, but you stay as long as you need to. Oh and where are my manners, my name is Aylin, and my husband is Darion. What is your name, dear?"

"Psyche," she answered in a tiny voice, almost sounding scared to say the name out loud, "Thank you very much miss."

"Oh so polite, how wonderful," Aylin gushed, looking pleased at her manners, "Now let me fetch some food, I can't have you starving on me."

Darion watched with a smile as his wife ran off to the kitchen before turning the happy expression onto Psyche, "Our grandchildren rarely come by anymore, she must be so happy to take care of someone so young again."

Psyche could only nod, sad that these nice people were being ignored by their family. At least she understood the feeling. After dinner Aylin and Darion tucked Psyche into bed in a spare bedroom and bid her goodnight. Psyche smiled as she began to drift off, finally happy and warm in this home. Her nightmares decided to haunt her once more, however.

"My child, where are you?" her mother's voice echoed in her head.

"Mama!" Psyche cried out, a grin covering her face as she heard the voice, "I'm in a cute little house with a man and woman named Darion and Aylin. They were so nice and let me stay since it's so cold out tonight."

"Dear, I thought I told you never to go with anyone," her mother's voice was stern and it made Psyche wince, "I will always make sure you are safe so why go with them?"

"It...it was just so cold and I was so scared..." Psyche admitted, squeezing her eyes shut as tears welled up in them, "Mama I thought you were mad at me, I'm sorry..."

The voice in her head sighed and then continued in a calmer tone, "Psyche, my child, I can never stay mad at you. Now. There's something you need to do before you come back to me."

"Yes mama, anything."

Aylin and Darion were fast asleep in their beds, not even registering the soft footsteps padding through their bedroom. Psyche stood above them, holding a handful of needles in her small hands. She giggled quietly to herself, catching a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror. She would have looked exactly the same if not for the crazed grin and murderous light in her eyes. She began to laugh even harder as she looked from her reflection but the two who had been so kind to her wouldn't be alive long enough to see the change her mother inflicted on her.

As Psyche stumbled from the house, covered in specks of blood, she continued to laugh to herself, "Did I do good Mama? I forgot how fun it was to kill people."

"Yes, love. You did very well. Now come back home, I have a plan that you can help me with."

A little ways down the road Psyche finally came back to herself, collapsing on the snowy walkway with hot tears rolling down her cheeks. She never knew why she said such things under her mother's control. It was never fun to kill, she just wanted to make her mother proud. Between sobs Psyche tried to scrub the blood from the nice clothes Aylin had given her with the snow at her feet. Unable to clean herself completely of the stains, she just pulled the warm blanket over herself to cover the pink blotches left by the blood.

The only sounds in the dark forest at this hour were the howls of the wolves and the choked sobs coming from the poor, lonely girl. On her way to accept yet another mission from her mother to try and gain her love.

Verediat 1st, 724 AD

~Psyche~

"Now, dear. What did you say your name was again?" The teacher asked me, bending down to talk at my eye level.

"P-Psyche," I said quietly, twisting a strand of hair between my fingers, "Psyche Arduino."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Psyche, and I am very glad you are enrolling here at the academy," the teacher said with a warm smile, talking in a soft voice to try and ease my worries, "And you said your mother couldn't make it...why again?"

"S-she had...work," I managed to get out, not able to look her in the eyes so she couldn't see I was lying.

"I see," she muttered talking to the other lady in the room in a hushed voice, "Poor thing is frightened to death. Who her mother is I would like to know..."

She didn't know I could hear her and I just stayed quiet, looking down at my shoes before she talked again, "Alright Psyche let's get you put into some classes! Aren't you excited?"

I finally looked up and tried for a smile even though I knew it looked fake, "Y-Yeah!"

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:57 pm

-Irene-

"Yes, gardening. With dirt and plants. Or is that too much for you Raiden?" Teddy asked with a joking smile as he waltzed across the lawn after waving goodbye to the Baron Kuli's children. They were both terrible people, constantly trashing their parent's estate and tearing up and down the streets of the city at all hours of the night. Still, Teddy talked to them just like everyone else.

My eyes narrowed slightly as I felt his vine wrap about my leg. I knew it was his doing. Inside, I wanted to reach out and say something, but I tried to keep myself in check in front of the others. He had come over because he was jealous probably. He wanted to prove that they liked him better, that everyone liked him better. He didn't even like these kids or their parents.

Last edited by Kane on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 pm

~Liatris~

"I think we can all handle a little dirt and hard work, Teddy," I teased him back with a grin, sticking my tongue out at Iris for volunteering me when I wasn't paying attention.

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 pm

~Alexi~

I examined the surroundings - the makeshift shed I was standing in, the dim, dirty windows that were the only source of light in the room, and the thinning man in front of me.

"Is there anything else you may remember, Alexi?" He wiped some sweat from his brow.

There were more things I remembered, and I relayed them to Marco. A man with dark hair. A city near a lake. A young boy who...

"...who I tried to kill." My line of thought paused, hung up on the final word in the sentence. Marco stared at me, his eyes showing signs of concern and wonder.

"Does that... does that make you feel a certain way, Alexi?" Marco clasped his hands together.

"I... I'm not sure. I was commanded to do it by a man with dark hair, if I recall correctly." I gazed at the floor. "For some reason, I'm trying to rationalize why."

I am not like most humans. In fact, I don't think I bear similarities to any humans, save for the fact that I still bear a soul. If that's what constitutes a human, then I do believe I am a member of the species. But if it's not, then I am something else entirely.

My father constructed me years ago - the date eludes me but it was before the turn of the century. Despite my physical age, my soul is still at the age of 18. Prior to my deactivation 23 years ago, my memory and personality were more developed, but now as it stands, I can't remember anything beyond qualitative and quantitative details. As for my personality... it does not exist.

"Alex - is it okay if I call you Alex?"

"I suppose it is."

"Alex, I know this is a very... confusing situation for you." He removed his bifocals, rubbing the glass onto his shirt before continuing. "You're going to be presented with thoughts, ideas, memories that you alone are going to have to re-evaluate by yourself. The man who built you, placed your soul inside your body... he can no longer decide your actions. That ability has been granted to you."

"If I may ask," I began, "Who did build me? I cannot seem to remember his name."

Marco smiled at me. "That's another story for another time. As for now, I need to perform some diagnostic evaluations on you. That was an unexpected power surge that brought you back to life, and I need to make sure your circuitry is undamaged."

"And then?"

"Then, it is up to you to take control of your life. I do, however, have a suggestion that you may take some interest in..." He looked to his workbench, grabbing an object similar to binoculars, but with a handle jutting out from the side.

"Stare straight ahead, please. There's a lot of work to do."

~Liam~

I frowned. "That sounds nice, Irene, but I promised Mom and Dad I'd help them with work. Maybe Bianca is available, though?" I looked at my sister.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:53 pm

- Bianca -

I smiled at the girl, nodding my head. "Sure, I can help!" I said kindly. Lucian gave a goofy grin, proceeding to sheepishly scratch his cheek with his index finger.

"Guess that means I'll be helping, too!"

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:03 pm

~Liam~

I glanced at Bianca and Lucian, shrugging. "On the other hand... I don't really feel like working in a dingy shop this weekend. I could use some fresh air."
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 pm

-Irene-

"Thanks," I said as I tucked a stray hair behind my ear. It was nice to have a few spare hands helping with the work this year. There were a few berries that needed picking and weeds were always a problem. My eyes strayed to Teddy as he finished off his apple and gave the group another smile. He was upset with me. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. I could protect him if I spoke up.

"May.." I tried to say but the words died on my lips.
Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:18 pm

- Inse -

Each dawn, a new palette of watercolor seemed to take to the sky. It may be a gradient of purple and blues, blending at the dome of the atmosphere when the sun is still sleepily rising from beneath the horizon.

Or it may be a brilliant array of oranges and reds, like this dawn, when the sun is prematurely awakened. Mother always told me that the gold of my eyes reminded her of the sunrise. And each morning, I think of her in the skies.

I stood at my usual spot on the hillside. The breeze was gentle against my face, my wide-bottomed pants flapping ever so slightly at my ankles. Today was different, it seemed. There was a new feeling hovering in the atmosphere; a foreboding and adventurous feeling.

“Inse!”

That was Aure’s voice. I turned, eyes scanning for my sister at the top of the hill. Sure enough, there she was, dressed head to toe in her traditional wear with her white hair tied neatly back.

Even from this distance, I could see her bow and arrows strapped to her back. I narrowed my eyes, finding this to be relatively suspicious. As she approached, I decided to inquire.

“What is it?”

She greeted me with a smile, and I could tell her face was still fresh with sleep. “The elders want to speak with you,” she answered.

My expression remained as it was. “As should be expected.”

I proceeded to walk past her, back towards the sanctuaries.

———————————————————————-

“Ald Ruhn, you say.”

The elder gave a nod and adjusted himself with the help of his wooden staff. "Many suspect that the coronet has ended up somewhere there," he said, shutting his eyes. "I already discussed this with your sister, but I suspect a new malice is brewing that threatens our existence."

My jaw set at his words. "Then I will do my best to quell it."

He smiled, revealing the intricate lines of age upon his face. "You've always been a determined boy, Inse," he hummed. "That's why I suspected you'd be ideal for the job."

At that, I turned away, ready to prepare myself for the long journey ahead. It was an important task, and I couldn't delay – especially if I wanted to prove my worth as a Lai'deum.

"Oh, and Inse..."

I paused.

"Keep Aure safe, yes?"

"That goes without saying."

- Raiden -

I rolled my eyes when Teddy made his way over, seething at his comment. This rich-ass kid always ticked me off, even when he wasn't trying to. "Yeah," I snorted. "Here comes Teddy with the good comedy."

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 pm

- Taylor -

Though I'm not sure what to make of Teddy's appearance, I look back up from my studies to chime in, "I could help with the gardening too, if you need any extra hands!"

"Do you really need that in your schedule?" Arthur says. "You've already got study group, the martial arts tournament, and marksmanship practice."

I really hope I'm not flushing. "I'm sure I can still fit it in somewhere," I say quickly.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next