Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Post by Hime on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:16 am

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever feared to dream before."
- Edgar Allan Poe

In the northernmost tip of N’al Ren, winds howled over the frozen earth. The horizon was shrouded by the heavy snowfall, all things frozen and dead. A small town was nestled in the midst of this mild blizzard, holding the only instance of life for miles around.

“Happy new year my ass.” Two figures were slowly headed towards the civilization, huddled together with heavy coats and hunting gear.

The tallest one, whose chin was forested with a thick black beard, gave a chuckle. “Oh, lighten up, Faver. We’re in good health, and that’s all we can ask of Ciel.”

Faver, the younger looking boy with fair hair and skin, pulled his coat tighter around himself. “Don’t act all cheery, Erus,” he retaliated, tone bitter. “We didn’t get a single morsel of food. That’s the second time this week.”

The winters were growing harsher, as if Gaius were troubled. There was very little food or water; all supplies had to be imported from Ald Ruhn in poor condition. Although no more wars scarred the land, the struggle to revive the former promise of the nation has proven to be nearly insurmountable.

Suddenly, Erus came to a stop. Faver ran into his back, temper immediately flaring. “Watch where you’re going, will you?”

His companion didn’t answer. His eyes simply watched ahead, an expression of curiosity creeping across his face. Merely a few feet in front of them was a body, covered in snow and barely rising with breath. Faver opened his mouth to speak, but Erus was already running towards them.

“Hello?” he called as he knelt, gently giving them a shake. “Are you alright?”

Gently, he flipped the body over to identify the face. He was shocked to find that it was shrouded by an eerie mask, resembling that of a widow’s veil. Fortunately, muffled breathing could be heard.

Faver stood beside his companion, staring down at the stranger with suspicious eyes. “Are you sure you should be . . .”

“Who are you?”

The two men reacted with shock when the masked man finally spoke. He sounded perfectly well, and he was able to sit up with ease. It was almost as though he were merely sleeping in the snowbank.

They glanced at each other. Then, Erus spoke. “We’re hunters from a nearby town,” he explained, attempting to maintain a warm disposition. “I was worried you were . . . Well. May we ask what your name is?”

“You may, but I don’t have an answer.”

“Amnesia?”

The masked boy shook his head. “I know who I am,” he said. “But you can’t.”

Before they could say anything, he hastily stood up and brushed the snow from his body. He was tall and lean, dressed from head to toe in black. The only humanistic quality about him was his long, dark brown hair, which was tied back with a band.

“I should be going now, before something unfortunate happens.”

Erus grabbed his shoulder, shouting, “Wait! What do you mean, something unfortunate?” Of course he was concerned — misfortune was was a frequent occurrence in the area. The two mean were eager to be as prepared as possible.

“Something that is not fortunate. Or, in other words, something bad. Still want to stick around?” He swatted the hunter’s hand off of him, tense from the physical contact.

Faver’s fists balled up, his cheeks reddening with anger. “Listen, pal,” he warned through clenched teeth. Erus glared at him, pure warning and alarm swimming in his dark eyes. There was certainly something unsettling about this stranger . . . Perhaps even deadly.

However, Faver didn’t pay heed to this unspoken message. He drew his gun instead, pointing it right at the masked boy’s head.

The masked boy was abrupt to react. He tensed his hand, causing Faver’s body to go rigid. He shifted his fingers slowly, forcing him to swivel his right hand around to where the gun was at his temple. The young hunter’s face was blanched like the surrounding snow, hand shaking in resistance to the control. Erus could only watch in horror at what happened next.

A simple press of the finger was all it took. The trigger clicked, and the gun was shot. A mingled chorus of screams rattled the atmosphere as Faver fell limp to the earth, snow littered with red.

Erus collapsed to his knees, stare wide and tear-filled. His trembling hands found the lukewarm body. All that remained were the crying winds, though Erus was deaf to them.

“Curse you . . .,” he whispered shakily, gaze moving out to the empty skyline.

“. . . Puppetmaster.”

CHARACTER APPLICATIONS THREAD
WIKI

- Raiden Archambault -

I’ve never had a problem with nightmares.

I sprinted through the campus gardens, noting how empty my surroundings were. Class must have started a while ago…

But lately, I’ve been having the same haunting dream over and over again, all about the same mysterious person.

I passed the theatre, the architecture hall, and the medical hall all in a matter of seconds.

I feel like whoever the person is, they’re trying to send me some sort of message. But that’s crazy – shit like that can’t happen.

I approached the grand oaken doors of the business hall, attempting to catch my breath.

And besides, the person in my dreams couldn’t be that important. He was just a figment of my sleep-deprived imagination. I was just freaking myself out.

I threw open the doors.

At least… That’s what I wanted to convince myself.

“Late again, mister Archambault?”

Every pair of eyes in the lecture hall turned towards me; since it was so routine at this point, I simply shrugged the attention off and hurried over to my seat. The business professor folded her arms, turning away from the blackboard to watch me as I settled in.

“That’s the fifth time this month, Raiden,” she continued, adopting a warning tone. “If this behavior continues, I’m afraid we’ll have to get the dean involved.”

I swung my leather bag over the back of my chair, keeping my eyes down. “Sorry,” I muttered, though not really paying attention.

The rest of the morning passed by, boring as usual. Stocks, investments, and data: The holy trinity of business in N’al Ren, and the only damn things we ever talked about. I sat quietly, scribbling down half-assed notes onto a sheet of paper, though my thoughts were elsewhere. Eventually, the campus bell dinged a few times, letting those who could hear it know that 11 o’clock had come.

“The concludes the morning lessons,” the professor announced, putting down her chalk. “Enjoy your hour break, and be sure to come back on time.”

All of the other business students stood, shouldering their lunches and bustling out the door, lost in discussion. I chose to follow, lingering at the end of the crowd; however, a hand upon my shoulder stopped me in my tracks.

The business professor was frowning when I met the disappointed gaze behind her thick-rimmed glasses. “I wanted to give you a chance to explain why you’ve been late so often; after all, it’s not like you. Has there been a change at home?”

“No, not really,” I answered her. “Just a weird change in sleep schedule, I guess.”

She peered at me closely for a moment before drawing back. “Now that you mention it, you do seem much more tired than usual. What do you think is the issue?”

I sighed inwardly, finding it weird to discuss something like this with a teacher. Not even my parents knew that I’ve been in a funk lately. Mom and Dad would probably lose their shit, anyway; the Row made them believe in some dark things. “Just a couple nightmares. Nothing major.”

“What about?”

At this question, I paused. I didn’t know the answer to that — it was almost as though the figure in my dreams was faceless… “Arker Zenha’liem, maybe,” I told her with a nonchalant shrug. Though I didn’t know much about the villain, since my parents seldom wanted to recall anything about him, I knew enough. He was a fitting guy to haunt my nightmares, so that was my best bet.

At this, my teacher frowned. “That name is an omen, Raiden. And if he is the one in your dreams, that could mean something dark,” she said, appearing more worried than stern.

Saying his name was almost as bad as cussing in this day and age. A lot of superstitious people believe that saying his name will invite his dark powers of Sanctumism back into this world, or call upon his evil in some way. Frankly, I thought it all sounded like horse shit, but that’s the way it was.

“Don’t worry about it,” I reassured her with a shrug. “It’s probably just my brain trying to cope with what my parents once knew.”

Her frown didn’t falter, but she nodded nonetheless, evidently not fully convinced. “I’m sorry for keeping you, then.”

I headed for the door, eager to get some lunch in me after skipping breakfast. When my hand wrapped around the door handle, I heard her say, “If these nightmares keep happening, please do something about it.”

“Yeah,” I replied with a curt yawn. “Will do.”

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]

Post by Kane on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:31 am

-Irene-

My morning had started the same way that it had for as long as I could remember. A light tap on my shoulder around three in the morning, a hastily poured cup of tea, my groggy thanks to my maid, a quick bite of toast and berries, and then out of bed and dressed by a quarter past three.

I ran a comb through my copper-colored hair as I pulled on my uniform checking it for any flaws or creases. Over it, I added on a full body white smock already well stained and aged by finger paint, dirt, and other less savory things. My hands had grazed over my flats before I settled them into my school bag, already slung over my shoulder.  

Then it was in the chauffeured transport by twenty past three, handing a paper parcel of pastries to the driver for his family, finishing last minute school work on the flight to the city, and the first stop at my gardens located in the heart of the impoverished district of Ald Ruhn. The gardens were one of the first projects I had started around my tenth birthday, using the proceeds of auctioning off my more lavish gifts much to the horror and protest of my mothers. They thought we risked offending the whole of the aristocracy by selling off the diamonds and silks they meant to waste on a ten-year-old girl.

It was truly a lovely thing, a massive gated space filled with neat and organized boxes up and down the aisles of the area. It seemed to offer everything from flowers to fruits and vegetables to herbs. Typically, it was unlocked during the day but locked at night to prevent some unmonitored theft by the more savvy merchants of the area. The community mainly maintained it, but still, I couldn't help but check in every morning on one of my earliest projects.

Half past three.

As we landed, I already noticed Mal opening the gate in the light of his weak headlamp. His clothes were already covered in dirt, and his boots looked near close to falling apart but still, his mood was undeniably chipper as I disembarked from the running transport. As I approached, my thick planting boots making thuds on the pavement, he turned to look at me in the dim streetlights, his free hand swinging open the gate.

"You're late, Irene Albright," he said with a boyish smile as I glided back him into the garden, my eyes already focused on my watch as I gave a small laugh.

"I'm exactly one minute ahead of schedule actually," I said before crouching in front of a particularly troubling tomato plant. Mal came to sit beside me, and after a while, the plant was pruned and fresh again, a few small green buds hanging heavy on their branches. We moved together as a pair, stopping in front of the mint, roses, carrots, and watermelons.

Exactly two hours later, I was on the transport moving towards a different part of the city. We stopped next to the hospital before I walked in, my agenda already set for the day. Moving gracefully through the halls, I came to a stop in front of the aptly named Royale Wing of the hospital, Of course, it was named for my mother after she donated an obscene amount of money to the children's department much to my constant pleading.

Dancing from room to room, I delivered breakfast to the healthier children as well as performed a few acrobatic tricks for them and their weary parents. As I flipped about their rooms, springing off of one hand or bouncing off of walls, my movements effortless, I heard their laughs and cheers, already so happy this early in the morning. It was the very least I could do with my ability, and it seemed to thrill them just as much as it thrilled me.

Quarter past seven.

My transport touched down at school right as I slipped on my black flats and placed my boots deep into my bag. My spare hand waved to my driver in thanks as he lifted off again. I moved as quickly as I could towards the politics hall even though I knew I had more than enough time.

-Teddy-

My first thought was the pain I was in. My head ached, I felt as if I had been dropped from the highest turret of Arden Place, and my mouth felt like sand paper. A groan escaped my mouth as my hand flew to rub my aching head. As I sat up in bed, I started to notice more and more.

First of all, the bed was not mine. Second, I was not alone. Third, I was completely naked with my clothes hanging off of various objects in the room. Lastly, the room itself both looked and smelled like a slum. For all I knew, it probably was.

That was when it all came back to me, Irene coming home with that stupid commendation from the embassy or whatever. Exceptional work and dedication on behalf of our most vulnerable. I could scoff even thinking about it, her large smile as she held the wooden plaque for a picture for our mothers. So what if she spent all her time with street urchins and gutter rats? She had practically turned her back on her own people to help those who would most likely kidnap her and hold her for ransom if they only knew who she was. But she called herself Irene Albright in their presence, a simple, well meaning civil servant.

The next few memories came back in a rush as I looked down at the sleeping body next to me. I remembered my hands stealing the key to the garage from the guardsman, grabbing a spare transport, and flying, well nearly crashing, it down to some house party Lord Husan's son Brighton insisted reaffirmed his belief that poor people really knew how to party.

Unfortunately, he had been more right than I would have cared to admit. My memories floated between various scenes of music, drinking, something that came in a small vial marked with an X, more drinking, then dancing with someone behind me. Then, I remembered what had led me to be where I was now exactly.

I smirked down at myself and then at the boy next to me. What was his name? Had he even mentioned it? Something with an R or maybe an S. It wasn't important. I stood, stumbled slightly on my feet before I went around the room to retrieve my clothes. My steps were heavy as I made my way outside to the street to find that some of the neighbors had stolen my transport with only so much as a spare metal plate left.

Pulling on my pants and my shirt, I walked down the streets, the slight breeze striking my half buttoned shirt and collar held together by my tie as I walked. My mind spun as I tried to remember the way to the Academy, my view twisted by the fact that I usually had a driver take me every morning. It was generally a different one than Irene since she woke up so early just to pull​ weeds and tumble around a hospital for children.

No thank you. I thought as I padded through the already sunny streets, keenly aware of the fact that I had probably already missed my first-period class. As I sauntered onto a verdant lawn that reminded me of school, I looked up at the sky as if it was a curse.

Did you have to let me find it so quickly? Already, I made my way into the business hall, dreading more boring studies only to combat them with my patented lack of trying and caring. It was a perfect system.
Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:28 am

"Elan, do you even think of me as fake? As a half-being?"

"No. I... I think of you as a friend. Isn't that what you want?"

"I'm not so sure anymore."

Southwest Shores, Parivion | 723 AW

From the vast beyond, amidst a sea of darkness and uncertainty, drifted a small leather pouch.

For the past 19 years, the remnant of a struggle long-forgotten floated endlessly through the oceans of the world, carried only by the unpredictable currents. The few creatures that stumbled across its path fled upon sight - they knew not what was in it, but the power it held. No self-respecting, sane, mortal being would dare keep it, much less unleash its endowments.

Inevitably, its travels would have to end, and so they did on a forgotten beach in Parivion. The rolling tide pushed the pouch and its contents up the shore, as if glad to be rid of the cursed thing. The moonlight refracted only off of the water droplets that quickly ran off of the leather, and there the pouch rested.

After several minutes, a small white gull appeared on the horizon, evidently spotting the pouch from far away. It had mistaken the thing for a possible midnight snack, but as it approached on foot, the bird soon felt the dark energy it emitted and sought to take flight.

Until a figure born from the darkness arrived.

Quite literally - it seemed to blend in with the night sky, almost hiding with it, and would have succeeded if the outline of the stars didn't give its position away. There were no discernible features except the way it absorbed all light, leaving only a void in the shape of a lean, lanky figure with decidedly sharp, spiky hair.

Swiftly, yet silently, the figure raised its left index finger at the animal. The being did not have the abilities of the Puppetmaster, but nevertheless, he had his own methods of getting animals - and people - to do what he wanted. All he had to do was look within.

Slowly, the seagull neared the leather pouch, eventually bending its head low to take the strings in its beak. With a few minutes of effort, the bird had undone the taut cords, revealing a silver coin, along with a single note. Shaking with fear and anticipation at what it had done, the seagull stared helplessly at the figure of darkness, before the latter finally waved its hand. The bird flew off, shrieking into the night.

Meanwhile, the dark man strode calmly to the silver coin glinting in the starlight. He knelt down and picked it up, examining it thoroughly, before nodding in affirmation and glancing at the note.

"'Destruction is a beautiful thing,'" he read aloud. For the first time in a year, he chuckled.

"Yes..."

The silver coin sizzled and burned into blackness, drawing into the essence of the Lightless One.

"Oh yes, it is."

Ald Ruhn, N'al Ren | 724 AW

In a long-forgotten workshop within the winding corridors of Ald Ruhn's endless alleyways, the power went out.

"Fuckin' hell," a gruff, aged voice muttered. Transistors, pipes, and magitek conduits alike clattered to the floor as a man stumbled through the darkness towards his circuit breaker.

"Serves me right making that power surge..." He trailed off as a flashlight illuminated the power box, revealing a face scarred by years of work, machines, and stress. For the past 23 years, he had been working on a project of incredible - and slightly illegal - proportions. He wasn't going to let any more mistakes get in the way of success, not when it was so tantalizingly close.

After several minutes, and a puff or two of smoke, the power hummed back to life. Thick cords criss-crossed the room haphazardly, but Marco Maliovo simply bounced across them as he went to check on his "masterpiece," as he called it - or rather, her.

The black cords pulsed with yellow energy that coursed and converged into the machine that bound the girl to the wall. Capillaries filtered the power into her body, until, at last... the machine exploded.

Shrapnel and sparks filled the workshop as Marco's sprinkler system triggered, spraying water everywhere to contain the impending fire. Through the steam, the disgraced inventor spluttered and cursed obscenities everywhere as he moved to avoid the flying parts. He stared into the chaos at the destroyed machine. To his surprise, the girl contained in it remained standing.

Marco gaped in astonishment. "Ye gods," he whispered, making his way back to her. On his way, he found himself falling flat on the floor, victim to one of the many tubes that once worked in his favor. His jaw smacked the metal tiles, forcing out a deep groan from within. He lay there for a few minutes, processing what just happened.

Eventually, the sprinkler systems turned off, upon which Marco raised an eyebrow - the system had a manual shut-off, requiring one to press a button to deactivate it. But before he could move to investigate, a pair of arms lifted him off of his feet. As he rose, Marco came face to face with with his life's greatest work.

Strands of golden hair hung down over her face, veiling a pair of electric blue eyes. They blinked twice, and Marco could swear he heard the faint whirring of motors as they did so. Her pale skin showed no blemish or imperfection. She seemed un-humanly - perhaps because she wasn't. Not completely, anyways.

Marco's brown eyes stared into hers, unblinking. "Do you remember?" the inventor asked, glancing up and down. She still wore the same dress as she had when Marco found her in Fa'alwind.

"I... I think so." She spoke without inflection, accent, or even personality. For all intents and purposes, the android was a blank slate. "You are..."

"Marco Maliovo. And you... you are..."

"Yes." She stood up straight. "I am Alexi Godeau."

Deep within the shining capital of the nation, in the prestigious headquarters of the Ald Ruhn Knights, Elan Lethonas was getting fired.

"Not fired, Mr. Lethonas," Officer Shields corrected him for the fourth time that day. "Transferred."

"With all due respect, Officer, are you kidding me?" Elan's voiced rose to the ceiling like helium, taking away a sizeable amount of his dignity with it. "You might as well be firing me."

"You'll still be on the same salary. Just behind the desk." Shields brushed away a blue lock of hair, finishing the rest of the transferal paperwork.

"Out of the field, where I belong," Elan muttered, slouching in his chair.

"Don't tell me you didn't see this coming."

"I just don't get why upper management is making a big deal out of this!"

"Hey, I'm upper management, buddy."

"Yeah, but like... you're not the rest of them. Can't you, you know, put in a good word for me?"

"No offense, but at this point I'll just end up looking like a fool. You have way too many strikes on your record."

Elan sat up. "What? How many?"

"Five."

The young man slapped his forehead. "Five?! No. No, I should only have two. There's a clear mistake. I had three warnings, then two strikes."

Shields looked up from the paperwork. The overhead fan whirred away in the silence. "Wha... Elan, there are no warnings in your field. I thought orientation told you that?"

"I thought you knew better than to expect I paid attention in orientation?"

Shields smirked but gave Elan an eye-roll. "At any rate, this decision is final. It's either desk job or quit." Shields pushed a sheet of paper towards Elan's end of the desk.

"Sign at the bottom, please."

Muttering something unintelligent, Elan scribbled across the line.

In the halls of a prestigious academy, in an esteemed legal studies classroom, Liam Farenart was falling asleep.

"Mister Liam?"

The tousled pile of red hair, streaked with white, did not budge.

"Mister Liam."

No movement.

"MISTER LIAM!"

Liam jolted awake, blinking at his surroundings. Professor Dalakanth, as well as the entire rest of the class, was staring at him as if he was a member of a circus troupe, about to perform his next magic trick.

Instead, he let out a sound that appeared to be a cross between a Di Garsh snoring and a dog trying to throw up.

"Uugcch-uhhh?" Several pupils attempted to stifle a few snickers while the professor rolled her eyes.

"I tell you, Mr. Farenart, not even your father slept so much when he was your age." Professor Dalakanth set down her piece of chalk. "I was just telling the class how-"

The bell interrupted her and, on cue, the entire class stood up to exit the room. The instructor shrugged helplessly. "We can continue this lecture next time. And Mr. Liam, I'd like to speak to you before school lets out."

A girl walking past Liam caught Professor Dalakanth's last sentence, glanced at her peer with a grin, and let out a loud "Ooooooh!"

Liam rolled his eyes, trying to shake off the shame. "Can it, Evian. Nobody needs your input." Before Evian could get in a parting shot, Liam darted out the door and into the hall.

In a softly lit room, tucked away in a house within the confines of the capital city, someone was reading a book - or at least trying to.

"But we now come to the case where a citizen becomes prince not through crime or intolerable violence, but by the favour of his fellow-citizens, which may be called a civic principality. To arrive at this position depends not entirely on worth or entirely on fortune, but rather on cunning assisted by-"

The girl sneezed once, grabbing for a tissue before continuing:

"-fortune. One attains it by help of popular favour or by the favour of the aristocracy. For in every city these two opposite parties are to be found, arising from the desire of the populace to avoid the oppression of the great, and the desire of the great to command and oppress the people. And from these two-"

She sneezed again, this time twice. Sniffling, she moved on.

"-opposing interests arises in the city one of three effects: either absolute government, liberty, or license. The former is created either by the populace or the nobility depending on the relative opportunities of the two parties; for when the nobility see that they are unable to resist the people they unite in creating one of their number prince, so as to be able to carry out their own designs under the shadow of his authority. The populace, on the other hand, when unable to resist the nobility, endeavour to create a prince in order to be protected by his authority. He who-"

The girl paused. Something was very, very wrong.

"He who-" Silence - another pause. The ominous feeling swelled.

"He... he who... Oh Ciel!" Throwing her textbook down, Jordan Ialis rushed to the bathroom, letting her cookies fly. Jordan has had this bug for the last week now, and it seemed to have no sign of going away. Thankfully it hadn't seemed to pass on to the rest of her family, meaning she was past the "quarantine" stage, but that fact seemed to help little. Neither did the antibiotics. Jordan just hoped she would get better enough to return to Academy, because at this rate, she was running dangerously behind on her studies.

And she knew her mom wouldn't stand for that.

New Fa'alwind, N'al Ren | 724 AW

Within a gilded mansion surrounded by gardens, resting along the coast of a sparkling lake, an heiress was arguing with her mother.

"Delilah, why, why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" Ferrera Fa'alwind cried, shaking her finger at her daughter.

"I was busy with college! Besides, I don't like you worrying!"

"I'm worried right now."

"...Touche. Mom, listen, she-"

"Oh my gods - you're referring to it as a 'she'? Have you lost your mind? Don't humanize it!" Ferrera sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"She hasn't said anything in two years, I'm sure it'll be fine," Delilah tried to reason. "And it's not like she's an animal. Look, if there's a way to get rid of Sfika-"

At that moment, a floating sphere appeared between the two ladies.

"Did someone say Sfika? How's the ol' Jun doing?"

Ferrera's eyes seemed to burn. "WADE, you knew about this and didn't think to tell me?" Her voice was calm, but was laced with poison.

The psychopathic AI hid behind Delilah. "Um... I forgot?"

The young woman shifted her feet uneasily. "Mom, don't get mad at WADE-"

"Oh, I'm not. Not fully. Delilah, you need to trust me on these types of things. I have experience with these types of things. Jun are dangerous creatures and being a host to one is not something to be taken lightly. I've seen and heard what it does to people." Ferrera stared into her daughter's eyes. "You... you have to learn to trust someone. Someone besides WADE... like an actual human with empathy."

"No offense taken!" WADE said cheerfully.

"What?"

The AI shrank back. "Oh, uh, nothing. I thought you said something after that."

Delilah stared at her mother - the only one that had taken care of her all those years. Ever since her father died before she was even born, it had just been her and her mother. Ferrera was right, in a sense. Her mother had a duty to uphold, but this time it wasn't to her city - it was to her child.

"...Mom... can you help me?"

Ferrera bit her lip, then wrapped her arms around the girl. "Of course. But we'll have to start with that book."

"You mean..." Delilah began, but she knew - it was time to go back to Bul Irsa.

There was work to be done.
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 am

- Bianca Farenart -

The morning was brutal, but that wasn't unusual for one studying performing arts at Ald Ruhn Academy.

"One! Two! Three! Turn!" Madame Oreau would bark, stamping her foot to keep time as she watched dozens of her students move their bodies elegantly before her. If they didn't get it perfect, they had to start from the very beginning.

"One... Two... Three... Too slow. Again!"

Though they were exhausted, the class knew better than to complain. Without any word, they would reposition their bodies once again, awaiting the elegant song of the violin.

I gathered my bag once the midday bell rang and slung it over my shoulder, joining the others as they hurried down the steps of the theatre hall. I gazed out at all the different students herding on campus, hoping to find a familiar face...

"Bianca!"

A smile found its way onto my face when I saw the same pair of bright blue eyes that I saw every day – and they belonged to Lucian Faust. "Good morning, Lucian," I greeted kindly. "Did your morning class go well?"

He nodded. "But political discussion can go on and on and on and on... It gets so boring after awhile. And you... Look exhausted."

I laughed. "I am," I admitted, gazing up at the sunlight that filtered through the trees. "Madame Oreau is pretty ruthless."

We chattered all the way to the dining hall, where a majority of the students were piling in. Some chose to remain outside, however, snacking on foods they had brought from home. One in particular caught my eye – a lone blond sitting on a stone bench, picking at an apple.

"Good morning, Raiden," I greeted. "Your under eyes look especially dark today."

The young Archambault snorted and shrugged, looking back and forth between me and Lucian. "Another night of two hours of sleep, maximum," he said, leaning back on the wall. "The dean's probably going to get onto me for showing up late to class so often."

He mentioned recurring nightmares before. I wonder if that was the reason he wasn't getting enough sleep. I frowned. "Have you talked to Uncle Resh about it?"

"Please. My old man would encourage me to make the school mad."

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 pm

-Irene-

My hand scribbled quickly in my petite white planner as I walked through the doors of the politics hall. I pulled a second green pen out of my pocket to replace the blue. Already I had hours upon hours of time lined up at various charities outlined in blue ink. Everything from tutoring to more gardening to soup kitchen help. It was more tiring than I would have liked to admit, but it had to be done. If I didn't who would?

The pages started to fill with more green ink as I tentatively planned things for myself, the green lines often surrounded and overtaken by the blue snippets and times. I had to jot down simple things like eat and sleep so that I wouldn't forget when things became overwhelming. Other green notes included things that shouldn't have been scheduled. Try to talk to Teddy. Say you're concerned as his older sister.

We had all been so worried when he had run off to the city on his own. Our parents had stayed up half the night, combing the city for any signs of a transport or my younger brother. I knew it was my fault and my face dropped just thinking about what I might have caused. His face had turned so angry when I came in with the plaque. I usually hid them, tucked them away in one of my closets under sets of clothes so that he wouldn't know. My mothers had caught me with this one as I had entered. I didn't want Teddy to think that I had done this to hurt him, but he often had a way of turning things in on himself.

Tentatively, putting my planner back in my bag, I pulled out a sliced peach in its small glass dish. Taking out my fork, I began to nibble on the pieces as I went, scanning the hordes of students. Lunch was usually a harder time for me. I couldn't always locate students I knew comfortably and sometimes spent my time eating in a teacher's office discussing aid relief programs.

-Teddy-

What a fitting end to my first lecture I thought as I sat in the cramped office, my back planted rigidly against my green leather chair. In front of me sat a tall man with slightly graying hair and a delicate lining of stubble on his face. His hands were steepled in front of him as he looked down his nose at me.

"You can't be late like this Teddy. Just because we have a Royale Library and a Royale Auditorium does not mean that you can waltz in whenever you like," he said as he stood to tower over me. He was usually relatively harmless, an older man who didn't really like to yell at children. I could generally win him over with things his wife could not but today he seemed angrier than usual.

"Why can't you be more like your sister? I hear she's practically running the politics department," he asked as he placed a well meaning hand on my shoulder. Standing up quickly, I threw his hand off of me. My stupid sister still had a way of comparing herself to me, and she wasn't even here or let alone the same program. Every professor seemed to know her name, always comparing her to me as if it was even a competition. It wasn't, and I had won it many times over.

"If that will be all," I said as I moved to the door, not bothering to look back. "Tell your wife I said hi won't you?" My speech was slow and deliberate, hiding its real intent, as I sauntered out of his office and out of the business hall. As the sun hit my face and my steps connected with the grass, my spirits seemed to lift, albeit slightly. My eyes began to scan the people around me as I walked and I made sure to give each their favored greeting.

He likes hello. She likes hi. They like hey I thought as I waved at the students passing me, giving them all the best smile I could. Almost all smiled back with a few rare exceptions who had found out I probably wasn't as nice as I prtended to be.
Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:52 pm

~Liatris~

I sat in the science classroom, lazily scrawling down notes as I followed along with the professor. On another sheet of paper I scribbled some drawings, absolutely bored in this class. I knew most of the processes for bandaging a wound from dad so I was completely bored in this class.

I looked up as the professor wrote something new and copied the words before going back to the picture. I didn't even know what I was drawing, really, but my head was starting to ache as I stared at it. A broken bottle, closet door, figure in the doorway. Almost like a nightmare I had once or twice before.

I had to look away from it as my head pounded again and I winced. That was always so weird but whenever I asked dad or even Iris about it they would just give me a sad look before saying it was probably nothing. It was annoying, but dad was a medic so whatever it was couldn't be too bad.

I tore my eyes away from the paper just in time to see Raiden rush by the door, looking absolutely exhausted. I sighed, he was never this bad before.

I was so distracted all day so I was glad when the midday bell tolled and I went outside to lunch with Raiden, Lucian, Bianca, and my sister.

I chuckled as he talked about his dad, "True, but seriously man. I'm worried about you, are you alright?"

~Iris~

I watched attentively to the board as the English professor put notes on the board in front of us. I was amazed how well I was paying attention considering how close the anniversary to that day was, but I had to stay strong for my own sake and for Liatris'

He didn't know what our parents did to him. I didn't want to remind him. That hit to the head really messed him up to the point where he couldn't remember our childhood. I always skirted around the details, always sticking to saying they were just bad people. He already had nightmares, I didn't want to give a face to those figures.

At lunch I just smiled and ate as my brother talked to our friends, content right now to just listen which was unusual for me.

~Circe~

"Urgh my feet hurt so bad," I muttered as I plopped down on the ground next to Bianca, biting into a sandwich. I was starving after that morning rehearsal, "Madame Oreau was brutal today."

Last edited by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

"In this whole world, everything is the dream of the butterfly."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 pm

- Bianca -

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Raiden grumbled in reply to Liatris. When they spoke to each other, my eyes were wandering, scanning the students who walked by. I smiled a little when I saw Irene by her lonesome, waving her over.

Mom and Dad knew Azula Royale awfully well and always encouraged me to speak to her children. Even though I felt like they were on a different playing field as me, being so rich and all, I liked to speak to them.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 pm

-Irene-

I glanced up from my peach slices just long enough to see Bianca wave me over from her small group of people. I recognized them all awfully well considering how many times I had seen them growing up. Mom still liked to hold parties and receptions as often as she could for the Row members, and they often brought their kids in tow. She still even went to lunch often with a few of them, catching up on each other's lives.

"Good Morning," I greeted as I pulled on the pen tucked behind my ear as a habit. They were all kind enough, and they gave me no reason to be uncomfortable around them like some others did, but still, my habit persisted.

-Teddy-

"Stupid Irene," I mumbled in between smiles to various passing students and teachers. She had moved in to sit next to mom's friend's kids. How pathetic even if that had been where I had planned on sitting that day. Still, when she did it, it was because she didn't really have too many friends of her own.

Biting into an apple, I eyed her down as I walked. There was no way I would risk interrogation from her in front of all of those people. She always thought she was my mother, but I already had two and was in no need for a third.
Kane
Epic Creator
Epic Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:52 pm

~Liatris~

"Alright," I said, sitting back against the wall and holding my arms over my head. Maybe if I asked him later he would actually tell me.

"Hey Irene!" Iris said, waving to her as she walked over.

"What's up?" Circe asked with a bright smile, "What were you doing over there all alone?"

"In this whole world, everything is the dream of the butterfly."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentinel on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 pm

(Even though their initial posts were in third-person, I think I'm gonna use first-person for the rest of the RPG. Makes it easier)

~Liam~

As I made my way into the dining section of the school, I spotted my sister and Raiden speaking with several other of the legacy kids.

Oh, that's what I call all the kids of the former Row members - legacy kids. It's kind of stupid, I know, but considering we all know each other somewhat well - due to our parents' connections, many of us kind of started to form a clique.

Anyways, I made my way over to them. Raiden looked exhausted - even more so than usual, which sparked a mote of concern within me.

"Hey, guys. What's going on?"
Sentinel
Administrator
Administrator

http://ccforums.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Hub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top