FORUM RATING
Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

End of Year News (December 2017)

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 am by Adrian

(It's been one year since I made a news thread, oops)

Merry Christmas/Festivus/whatever holiday you do or do not celebrate!

2017 was a pretty busy year IRL for most of us - according to forum statistics, our busiest month was in June with 1671 total posts, meaning our post rate has been a little …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Adrian

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Adrian

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:21 pm

- Alric -

"I think so. I don't exactly own too much." What little I do have, though, was left in my room, which is almost on the other side of the castle. I'm not willing to risk traveling that far by myself, so I'll need to see if Karra will be willing to get my stuff for me.

After Gia appears, I smirk, because I don't hear Briony swear very often. Or, at least, not as often as Karra. But no one swears as often as Karra. Except maybe Kiel. "Don't worry. I'm sure she's harmless." Then, "I think."

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Sabriel by Garth Nix
Currently Watching: The Dragon Prince
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:43 pm

For the first time in weeks, the halls of the Albion castle were bustling. Soldiers and knights were ordered to the throne room, and all of them knew exactly why – the late Queen Genevieve’s older brother, Meridan Paledream, had come to seize the role of king. There had been much debate over the throne’s true heir; many believed it rightfully belonged to Kiel Forevigor, the king’s technical eldest son. But with him gone for so long, there was no choice but to pass the power to the next worthy man. The generals from the other four keeps were present, as is necessary for any coronation ceremony. The only one who showed displeasure was…

“Myric Rosebane.”

The old man stood before the noble reading off the scroll, but he did not lower his head in submission to Meridan. He had limited knowledge about the queen’s brother, but one thing was for certain: He was not fit to be the king of a crumbling land. Judging by his rough features and the hardness behind his green eyes, the former general could see why James Forevigor considered his brother-in-law adverse.

From his seat on the throne, Meridan scowled. “I would like some respect out of you, Rosebane,” he demanded coldly. A wave of discomfort rippled over the present crowd, which consisted only of stiff nobles. “You shall treat me with as much dignity as you did James Forevigor.”

“Do you have a reason as to why you called me here?” the old man asked, keeping his expression void.

The sinister-eyed man cackled, combing through his unruly black beard. “The generals from the five Keeps must be present in order for me to be crowned. Don’t you know this?”

Myric raised his gaze, but his head remained slightly lowered. “I am no longer the war general,” he said. “I am of no use to you.”

“Oh, General Rosebane. I’m afraid that you have no choice but to serve me. You are this land’s war general, and you will remain so until you die of old age or you are slaughtered on the battle field. Understood?”

“What makes you think that you can force me into this role? I will only serve this land if Kiel Forevigor is its ruler.”

Meridan smirked to himself. His mannerisms were far from a ruler’s – he sat slightly slumped, his legs spread apart as though he were in a drunken stupor. Unlike his younger sister, he was not brought up in a fortunate context. “Kiel Forevigor deserted his homeland to hunt for an imaginary elixir with a group of ruffians,” he snorted. “A group that your grandchildren have also betrayed this kingdom for.”

The subjects began to whisper furiously at this. Myric stood taller at the mention of his family, gaze hardening upon the tyrant. “You dare bring them into this?”

“I’m afraid that if you don’t comply, I can declare them traitors of our nation. They would be wanted in all five Keeps, and there would be a generous bounty on their heads.” Meridan leaned forward, as if trying to get a better look at his prey. “Would you want that… General Rosebane?”

The old man’s breath caught in his throat, and his blood ran cold. This was a battle between two things he valued: The love fore Albiron and the love for his grandchildren. But, there was no doubt about which one was more important. Reluctantly, Myric Rosebane sunk to one knee, placing his opposite palm on the marble floor. The four other war generals watched him, shocked that such a powerful man gave in that easily. Nonetheless, they followed suit.

“Very well,” the reader spoke again, turning to another man, who held an elegant red pillow with both of his hands. On top of this pillow was a magnificent crown, one so adorned with jewels and precious metals that each time it shifted, it caught the light and shimmered brilliantly.

“People of Albiron, today we look upon the crowning of a noble servant of Fate and a pair of eyes that will watch over us righteously.” The reader gingerly took the crown into both of his hands, and Meridan suddenly sat straight, his smirk becoming even more menacing. “Today, we bestow upon this man an eternity of trust and sacrifice. As the people of Albiron, we fall to the feet of…”

The crown was slowly placed atop his head.

“King Meridan Paledream.”

A ceremony that was once so alive with energy and welcome was suddenly uniform and grey. In such a time of pain and suffering, the people would be relieved at the crowning of a new ruler. But even the dimmest of subjects could tell that this passing of power was out of utter desperation and avoidance of anarchy. Gradually, one by one, each person in the room began to drop to their knees with their forehead pressed against the ground.

Soon, the entire room was presenting utter and complete subservience to the man who stood before them.

Meridan’s eyes glinted with hungriness as he was gazing at everyone – knights, war heroes, and subjects – bowing at his feet.

“It seems that our roles are now flipped, sister,” he muttered to himself. “I’m on the throne, and you’re groveling in the dirt. How does it feel, Genevieve?”

He stepped down from the throne, centering himself in front of the crowd.

How does it feel?

- Briony -

I giggled at what he said. "I'm sure. If she hasn't killed Finn after all their time traveling together, there's no doubt that she's good."

✵ DANMACHI [coming soon!] ✵
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:31 pm

(Oh booiiiii)

- Alric -

"He wouldn't be worth the effort, anyways." Finn is actually probably a lot more dangerous than I give outward credit for, but I'll tease him if I can.

Speaking of him and the others . . . "We should leave soon. I can get Karra."

"One so impure of body and soul was deemed unworthy of the crystal's light, and forbidden to ascend."

Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:18 pm

- Genevieve -

My saddened eyes danced around Foolshold. It was nothing as I remembered it when I was alive; why was it so barren and gray? I pulled the hood of my cape up to conceal my features, though I was sure it's been long enough for everyone to have forgotten exactly what I looked like.

17 years... I've been dead for 17 years.

A nearby inn grabbed my attention. That was the only place that seemed to house anyone around here. There was laughter roaring from the bar, and even some faint but poor music playing amongst the ruckus. I cautiously opened the door, only to find that it was populous with Albiron soldiers. Anxiety bloomed in my chest, but I forced myself inside, pressing my back against the entrance to close it.

"Welcome, miss." A young man dressed in pauper's clothing greeted me, cleaning out a stein with a rag. I understood those clothes all too well. "What can I get for you?"

"Just water," I told him with a gentle smile. "Thank you."

When he stepped off, I took a seat at an empty table, my back to the riled up men who enjoyed getting drunk midday. Though, by the looks of it, getting drunk seemed to be the only thing to do around here anymore. James, what happened? Why is everything like this? The thought of my beloved made heart ache, despite the fact that nothing was beating in my chest. How was I still able to feel such desperation and pain without a heart? I sobered up when the boy came back, placing a glass before me. I smiled and thanked him again, expecting him to go off and tend to the other demanding customers. However, he hovered, his gaze glued to me.

After a moment of staring, he sat down a seat away from me and asked quietly, "Why are you hiding your face?"

"A young woman amongst drunk men is a recipe for disaster," I answered with a curt laugh, tracing the rim of the glass with my finger absentmindedly.

"You don't have to be afraid." I blinked in surprise at how earnest his voice was. "They seem intimidating, but they're just as afraid as you are."

Slowly, I raised my hands to the edges of the hood and flipped it down. The young man stared, brow tensing with focus as he studied my features. "You... Look familiar," he then said, seemingly unable to look away.

I smiled gently once again. "I'm not sure why. I'm just a traveler."

"It's rare to look like her. You're lucky."

My smile faltered. "Like who?" I asked.

"The Black Dragoness." The hairs on my neck pricked at the mention of what was once my nickname. "Er... Queen Genevieve, I guess. Princess Briony, too."

Again, something within me ached at the mention of my daughter's name. But I kept my kind demeanor, deciding to ask, "Did you know them?"

He shook his head. "I was only five when the queen passed away. I saw her once, at one of the parades here. I grew up to be a good mixologist, like my father, and I was often invited to the balls to cater my drinks. That's how I know what the princess looks like." He paused, then sighed. "I guess I have a good memory. Haven't seen the Forevigor children is quite some time."

"...May I ask why?"

"They ran away when the king died," he answered. My stomach suddenly plummeted. "The last time they were seen was here, actually."

My shaking hands balled up into fists in attempt to level my rising anxiousness. "Died? What did he die of?" I asked these questions, though I wasn't certain if I wanted the answers.

"A lot of people say he was killed by an old enemy. I say he died of foolishness."

I stared off, trying to process what he was telling me. I couldn't bear it. Killed by an old enemy... Who would that be? "Where are the Forevigor children now? Does anybody know?"

"No. Kiel was supposed to be king, but without him around, we all desperately had to find someone else close to the bloodline. All of the king's brothers are either dead or banished, so the next in line was..."

No. It can't be.

"Meridan Paledream."

Even the mention of my brother's name struck fear deep within me. My breath hitched at the mere thought; Meridan? As king?

Before he could say anything else, I felt a large presence behind me. "Hey, little lady. What's a girl like you doing around with a kid like this?" I quickly lifted my hood spun around, only to lock eyes with a tall and buff older man whose body was silver with armor. Unlike the rest of the guards in the room, however, he was evidently sober. There was no redness in his eyes or face, and his words weren't slurred. Still, I had a bad feeling about him approaching me.

"Is there a problem?" I posed cooly, determined not to waver in this man's influence.

His expression abruptly turned sour. "What's with the attitude, little miss?" His great hands seized my shoulders. "Take off that hood so you can address me properly!"

I fought against his grasp, though knowing that without the dragon's help, I was much weaker than before. "Let me go!" I demanded hotly, only half-aware that we were raising a scene. Even the young man stood, attempting to separate us.

"Sir, this is no way to treat a lady!"

"She's no lady!" As he roared this, he threw me onto the floor, causing my hood to sink off of my head. His face slacked as soon as he laid eyes on my face. The other drunken guards were silent, watching the scene intently as if it were a play. "Who... Are you... No. It can't be."

I stood, straightening my back and staring back at the man with fierceness in my gaze.

"...Genevieve Forevigor."

There was no time to lose. I threw my arm in front of me, transforming back into my bird form. Ignoring the cries and shouts to seize me, I flew with great speed towards the closest open window. As I took to the skies with franticness, I realized what I had to do: I had to find my children. I had to help them.

Kiel, Pippin, Briony... I'm coming. I will find you. I promise.

- Briony -

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, guess we should. I can get my brothers, and then gather everyone else up." By the looks of the weather, it seems as though transforming everyone will be useless. We'll have to go on foot. I turned away from Alric, suddenly raising my hand to my chest. There it was again – that feeling. What it was, I couldn't tell. But I knew it meant something.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:41 pm

~Pippin~

I had my bag slung over my shoulder and was heading out the door to my room before I stopped suddenly, leaning against the frame. My hand went to rest on my chest but for a different reason, the same reason I faltered when we were in the Aldaines' Father's hideout. That pang that shot through my heart, sadness and fear and...almost longing. It was odd, something much different than what I had been feeling or anything I'd ever felt before. The thought that something was wrong filtered through my mind again, but I still couldn't put my finger on what. It was just a vague sense of panic that left as quickly as it came, but it was warning me, and possibly my siblings, that there was trouble.

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:58 pm

- Karra -

Even though I'd left him, Father stays with me.

The door locked, I pace back and forth around the room, having already kicked off my heels. I love those things, but they killed my feet. I withdraw my hand from my coat pocket, staring where my finger used to be.

I hear his voice in my head. "You know you can't work with the Forevigors forever." I know that's true. Why am I wishing it wasn't? "You know they only accepted you because you and Alric were a package deal." Didn't I say basically the same thing to Alric, on the night Direnu decided to tag along? Aren't I just their problem? "You're a ball of pain and anger while your brother actually gives them something to love."

I look up, like I'm seeing Father standing in front of me, saying those things to me again. The blizzard outside has picked up, so barely any light comes into the room.

"Go away," I say to my already-absent father.

"But I understand that pain, I understand that anger."

"Go away!" I don't want to acknowledge the fact that he's right. Because so what if no one understands me? It doesn't matter if you understand someone so long as you love them. And Irongale values me, right?

But for how long?

I turn around, crossing over to the vanity, just so I stand some chance of thinking of something else. But my thoughts circle back to the question: when the time comes, will I be able to kill King James Forevigor? I was wracked with guilt just for telling my father they were in the mansion. If I felt so guilty then, then how am I going to be able to kill their father without destroying myself?

Gripping both sides of the vanity, I lift my head, meeting my own eyes in the mirror. Too much hair is out of place, there's smudged makeup, and faint stains of dried blood linger around my throat. The face I see in front of me might be beautiful, without all of those things. But it's beautiful because it has to be, in order to hide all of the ugliness within.

I don't know why I hate my face so much. Is it because I was too hard back then, or because I'm too soft now?

Whatever the reason, what I know for sure is that I hate me. I pick up a metal jewelry box, covered with dust. I hate me. As hard as I can, I smash the jewelry box into the mirror. A spiderweb of cracks pop up on the glass. I hate me. The mirror still hasn't totally shattered, though, so I draw the box back and ram it into the mirror again. Shards of glass plummet out of the mirror.

If Alric won't stand by me if I decide to kill King Forevigor, then am I even worth anything at all?

I snarl and strike the mirror, again and again and again. I thought I'd hit it as hard as I could the first time, but it looks like I didn't, because now I'm hitting it harder than ever, smashing the mirror, and then smashing all of the glass bits because they still show me the person I hate, and I want to get rid of her, remove every trace of her from existence and --

A knock at the door. "Hey, Karra." Alric. "We're going to leave soon."

I take a deep breath, stilling my shaking hand. Handling the box as carefully as a glass vase, I put the jewelry box back where it had once been. "Got it."

Good thing I locked the door beforehand, because the doorknob twitches. "Don't worry, Alric. I'll be out soon."

I start to get my shoes, but before I can retrieve them, I have to step all around the shattered glass on the floor.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 pm

"Your majesty!" Meridan set down his glass of wine upon the bedside table, scowling at the sudden knocking at his door. He's only been king for so long, and there's already something to attend to? What a bother.

Begrudgingly, he answered, "Come in." Immediately, two guards toppled in, one of them looking pale and frightened, even though his physique was overwhelmingly large.

The wiry king stood before him as he bowed, his fists on his hips. The guard could tell by his sour expression that he was unhappy, and he immediately began to apologize profusely. "I'm sorry for intruding on your privacy, my liege," he said, voice urgent. "But I just saw something that I have to tell you right away."

Meridan glanced at the other guard, then gave a prompt dismissing wave of his hand. Within seconds, the two were alone. "Speak," he commanded. "And it better not be a waste of my time."

"At the inn, I saw somebody. A woman, my king."

He took the wine back into his hand, taking a small sip of it nonchalantly before saying, "I shouldn't have to deal with you lovesick prattling. If this is what you're bothering me about, I'll have you severely punished for wasting my time."

The guard looked even more frantic. "It wasn't just any woman, your majesty. It was... Was..."

"Spit it out, mongrel!"

He squeezed his eyes shut, as if his next words were going to harm him. "It was Genevieve Forevigor!"

Meridan's face plummeted. All color escaped his face immediately. His grip was suddenly so tight that it shattered the glass he was holding, spilling wine all down his arm. "If this is a joke," he then said, his voice grave and dark. "I'll kill you myself."

"I could never mistaken her face."

This could only be the work of a skilled necromancer. But who would want to bring my sister back from the grave? Could it be...

Images of his eldest nephew flashed in his head.

There is no mistake.

With a fierce growl, the king threw the remainder of his glass off to the side. "Gather the guards," he commanded. "Gather the generals. Immediately."

It didn't take long for everybody to be crowded into the throne room again, dead silent by request of their king. The only person whose eyes shifted was Myric Rosebane, who was utterly concerned by Meridan's sudden change in demeanor. An enraged man's decisions only proved to be detrimental – he learned this from James Forevigor after his wife's death.

"A great betrayal has just come to our kingdom," Meridan began. Nothing could prepare them for what he was going to say next. "Genevieve Forevigor has been resurrected."

Every man in the room paled as they let out an almost simultaneous gasp, glancing at each other in utter fear and awe.

"The culprit of this act is none other than Kiel Forevigor, an exceptionally talented yet corrupted necromancer. He no doubt brought his mother back to life in order to harness her powers as the Black Dragoness. He will use these powers to take over all five Keeps, as his tyrannous heart has always wanted. And those two siblings are guaranteed accomplices."

No, Myric thought, clenching his sword to keep his hands from trembling. Kiel... You would never...

"The Forevigor children are traitors of our nation. Generals, accompany me in my decision so that we are able to crush these power hungry fools... Together."

The general from Iaponia stood immediately, crossing his right arm over his chest. "I speak for my king and my people when I say that I stand by your decision, your majesty."

Silence devoured the room as the company awaited the decisions of the remaining guards. One by one, they rose, pledging support for the king's new decree. The only one left was Myric, who stared at Meridan with sharp eyes. I know this is all a lie.

The faces of Vivian and Phillip flashed suddenly behind his closed eyes when he blinked. His heart shook when he realized what vicious blackmail he was under. ...I have no choice. With that, he reluctantly stood, crossing his arm over his chest. "I, too, stand by you in your decree... King Meridan." Forgive me.

Meridan's face contorted with a pleased smirk. "Excellent." His face settled into a neutral expression to hide his sinister feelings. "From this day forward, the Forevigor children are traitors of our nation and corrosive to the system that we have been constructing for centuries. They are wanted in all lands, and should they be caught... Kill them."

The generals saluted to this order, Myric of course raising his arm last. The knights behind them followed suit, chiming collectively: "Death to the Forevigors!"

A nasty grin pulled at Meridan's face one again.

- Direnu -

As I was wrapping up my weapon on my bed, I heard the door open and close softly behind me. "Back to peep on me, huh?" I decided to say, already knowing who it was. "Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not letting the likes of you see me naked again."

"...You trained her, didn't you?"

I froze when I heard her somber voice. I turned around, staring at the princess who was fighting tears in my presence. "What are you talking about?" I countered, though knowing well.

She pressed her eyes shut, drawing a deep breath before continuing. "My mother. You were sent to this world to train and take care of her, weren't you? Her powers... They were strong... They could have killed her if she didn't know how to use them." She paused. "You helped her."

"Listen, I don't know what you're getting at–"

"I'm not trying to get at anything," Briony interrupted. "I want you to train me."

My entire body stiffened at her request. What's gotten into this kid? "Don't be stupid," I said to her sharply, turning back around to finish packing my things. "You're not like her."

It was silent again, but only for a moment. "It almost consumed me tonight, Direnu."

I stared forward, her words echoing in the back of my mind. My heart began to beat frantically when I suddenly realized what she was talking about. I promptly turned on my heel, strode over to her, then grasped her by the sides of her arms my gaze unwavering against hers. "You released it?" I whispered firmly. "Tonight?"

Tears glinted in her eyes. "I was scared. I think... I think it was protecting me," she answered softly.

Of course. Genevieve always had a hard time controlling it when she was in danger, too. My grip softened a bit, but I still held her, desperately trying to shake away the resemblances she had to her mother. This is your duty, Direnu. You have to protect her from what's inside of her.

"...Alright."

The princess's tear-filled eyes widened. "You'll train me?"

"I don't have a choice," I answered, subconsciously trying to make her feel better with a slight smile. "But you have to keep this from everybody, Briony. They can't know your truth... Not yet."

She nodded, attempting to blink away her tears. "I wasn't planning on telling them," she affirmed, which made me relax my shoulders a bit.

Guess you finally have a big job on your hands, you good for nothing demigod, I thought to myself, watching after her as she left.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:20 pm

- Alric -

Eventually, Karra returns with both of our packs in hand. She tosses mine to me, instructing me to catch.

I slide my pack over my shoulder. "Do you know if any of the others are ready?"

"If not, they'd better be soon. The sooner we leave, the less likely it is you'll be rearrested."

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:24 pm

~Pippin~

"Briony? Kiel?" I called out once I was back in the hallway, looking around for them. If we were ready to head out we needed to round up the others so they could get their things too. The sooner we were out of this place, the better.

Love doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes, and we keep loving anyway
We laugh and we cry and we break and we make our mistakes
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:26 pm

- Briony -

"Right here," I called to Pippin half-heartedly, shouldering my bag.

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 97 of 100 Previous  1 ... 50 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next