Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 45 of 78 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 61 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by Hime on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:47 pm

(timeskipping, but feel free to do flashback scenes!)

- Briony -

I hadn't realized that I slept most of the next day until a gentle knocking pulled me out of the last threshold of sleep; I blinked and propped myself on the bed, trying to understand where I was.

"Your highness? Are you alright?" It was an unfamiliar voice, likely just a servant of the castle.

"What time is it?"

There was a momentary pause. "Nearly five in the evening, your highness," he answered, sounding mildly concerned.

Suddenly, I was wide awake.

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 am

- Alric -

Only after the fifth try do I manage to put on my tie correctly. I've put them on several times now, but they never stop being a pain.

Once I push the knot up to my neck, I give myself a once-over in the mirror. Karra found a dress she liked with Iliyana. Purple, so she wanted me to wear purple to match. "Besides," she'd pointed out, "it'll bring out your eyes."

It's not like I had any better ideas, so why not go along with it? Over a crisp, white collared shirt is a purple vest and tie. No suit jacket, which I have to be grateful for.

I'm still not overly satisfied with my hair, so I run my comb through it one more time. Normally, most men won't put this much effort into their appearace. But since I'm a Heijiki, I need to act as nice and appear as nice as possible. One wrong move, and people may assume the worst in me. Hence the effort.

Karra's not with me, but I can still hear her voice as clearly as though she were. "Are you sure that's the only reason, Alric? Sure you don't have someone to impress?"

I sigh, set the comb down, and head out to the ballroom to greet Karra.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
Currently Binging: The Star Wars Movie Saga
4 Days Until Star Wars: The Last Jedi
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:02 pm

- Briony -

I stared at myself in the mirror, studying the way that the rose-colored dress fell at my feet. It wasn't as broad or as heavy as I was used to; in fact, the material was thin, soft, and ebbed gracefully with every movement. It was still breathtaking, despite being simple. My raven hair was sleeked back and tied into a neat low bun, decorated with little roses in varying shades of blush.

"Huh," I hummed, twisting side to side a few times in order to study myself. "I don't think I've ever been this pretty."

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:34 pm

~Pippin~
Spoiler:

I loosened my tie a bit as I picked over my reflection in the mirror, making sure I looked presentable for the ball in the suit I borrowed. Even if we weren't technically here on royal business we still had to make a good impression here. Kiel needed connections like this when he took the throne, and since that was looking to be sooner than expected, I was planning on helping him in any way I could.

I ran my hand through my hair once more to muss it up a bit more and nodded to my reflection with a grin. I cleaned up good.

~Phillip~
Spoiler:

I walked out of the room, tugging on the bottom of my suit jacket to clear up any remaining wrinkles. It had been a last minute thought to bring my good clothes but I ended up shoving them into my bag. It had taken ages to flatten the fabric but thankfully I managed to have it ready for the ball.

Knocking on Vivian's door and waited outside, not wanting to bother her if she was still changing.

~Kiana~
Spoiler:

I huffed and gripped more of the puffy fabric that was wrapped around my waist. I was just going to go to the party in what I was already wearing but the old woman insisted I borrow a dress. I would've said no but she had been so nice to me this whole time I didn't want to tell her no.

I cursed as I tripped in the heels I was wearing again and slowed down so I didn't break my ankles. I had never worn anything like this before and it was all so new to me. This was going to be a long night.

Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:44 pm

- Karra -

"My, my," I say, tapping a long, manicured fingernail against my chin. "Don't I just look ravashing." But then again, I'm me, so I always look beautiful.

I slip the final pin into my hair, and then I consider my job done. I chose my dress well. Sleeveless, dark purple, and glittery all over. It hugs my waist tightly only for the skirt's volume to expand around the knees. There's even some chiffon around the skirt, to give the dress some flavor. It's gaudy, for certain, but since when have I ever been humble?

I fluff up my hair, pinned up in an elaborate updo. I do so love updos. I spin around, to check how it looks from the back.

The sight nearly makes me choke.

Evidently, the back of the dress goes far lower than I thought. It reaches to the small of my spine, exposing my entire back.

A back that's ravaged by whipping scars from my time as a slave.

My first instinct is to reach up to my updo, to let my hair down. I can still save this. My hair's long. If I let it down, it can cover the worst of it. But just as I'm beginning to pull out the first pin, I stop myself.

These scars will never go away. I can either continue to hide them, or accept their presence.

I lower my hand back to my side. The Albirians already took my past. I won't let them take away my future.

I won't let my own cowardice take away my future.

Raising my chin, I turn back around, putting a satisfactory hand on my hip. I give my reflection a warm smile.

I'm beautiful, scars and all.

There's something inside me that's beginning to change. I think it's for the better.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski and the Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:49 pm

- Briony -

I ventured into the hall, smoothing out my skirts as I glanced either way down the corridor.

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:59 pm

- Alric -

"Ah, there you are," Karra says. I find her standing in the hall, not far from my bedroom, waiting for me. "You look handsome."

"And you look astonishing." I don't take her hand to lead her to the ballroom. That would make us look too much like a couple, and Karra doesn't need a had from me. But I do walk in time with her, sticking by her side.

Her long, slender heels click against the floor. "Let's make a bet," she says. "I bet I can make . . . ten guys' heads turn."

"Only ten? Could it be that you're actually underestimating yourself?"

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 pm

~Pippin~

I poked my head out the door and saw Briony, giving a sincere smile and walking out with my arms spread, "Look at you! You look beautiful, sis."

Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:07 pm

- Briony -

I squeezed him in a hug, feeling more excited than I expected. "It's impossible for the Forevigor children to show up to a party looking bad," I giggled.

♡♡♡
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm

~Pippin~

"Damn right," I agreed with a playful wink, returning the hug, "Kiel better bring his A game tonight, he can't have the younger kids showing him up."

Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 78 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 61 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top