Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

Latest topics
» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Yesterday at 10:55 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Yesterday at 3:22 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Infinity's Row: Untold Stories
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:13 pm by WritingBookworm

» Naruto: Will of Fire [Applications Thread]
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:14 am by WritingBookworm

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:48 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:06 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:05 pm by Comrade Squid

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:33 pm by Kane

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 41 of 46 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by Hime on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:02 pm

- Briony -

I had to pause and think about his question. Did he seem dangerous? He was nothing but comforting, and in his presence I felt safe – nothing about that seemed malicious to me.

"No," I answered honestly. "He didn't seem dangerous at all. Just... Very polite. Very kind."

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:06 pm

- Karra -

"Oh dear," I say. "That's not what I was hoping to hear. Let's go, then. If you're looking for the tailor as well, we may as well go look for it together."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Currengly Binging: Seraph of the End
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:21 pm

Iliyana blinked when Karra's attention was turned away from her.

This..is the right person, isn't? Miss "Bloodthirsty Demon Girl"? The blonde asked herself, Is she making fun of me?

Hoping her face wasn't betraying her confusion, the noblewoman smiled again. "Good idea, dear. Now, which way would you suggest?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:17 pm

~Pippin~

I stayed quiet for a moment, face still showing my confusion and apprehension to this. Sure Briony said he was nice, and I had no reason not to believe her, but there was a huge difference between a nice person and a good person.

"Alright, if you say so," I relented, deciding to figure that out later, "But...was the guy in that nightmare? Seems weird that he was being nice with everything else freaking you out."

"In this whole world, everything is the dream of the butterfly."
Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:48 pm

- Briony -

My expression darkened a bit at what my brother said. "I think he was just looking out for me," I said. "He wanted to show me things that could happen if I'm not careful..."

I trailed off, wondering deep inside why I was so adamant on defending this stranger.

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 pm

~Pippin~

Now I really didn't like the sound of this but I didn't want to upset her anymore. Instead I held my hand up in surrender, "Alright, alright."

Did she think she had to be careful around me now? What the hell did dream me do to make her trust this guy was telling the truth?

"You still haven't told me who this guy is though," I said, trying to keep a slightly teasing tone, "Just that he's nice."

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:27 pm

- Briony -

"He's a man," I answered, trying to find the right descriptors. "He has long white hair and gold eyes. I don't know his name."

Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:51 pm

- Karra -

"I just came from the left, so . . . right, I'm guessing." I guess this is the only instance where I can ever choose the right.

I have to hold in my rising chuckles so I don't look like a fool in front of Iliyana. "Do you not have a dress for the ball, either?"

- Alric -

What is this place?

It's just . . .

Blackness.

Deep, unyielding, inpenitrible blackness.

One moment, I was in the garden.

And now I feel lost, without order, caught in emptiness --

Wait.

There. Now I see it . . .

Slowly, the blackness begins to bloom into a scene, impressing a semblance of order into a former black void. It assumes the shape of one of my mother's memories, if what I correctly remember what she said.

I've never actually let a spirit take me through one of their memories. It feels like I'm there, yet I'm not at the same time. I am something of a spirit, helpless to do anything but watch, and let myself get carried along like I've been swept into the current of a river.

It's late at night. While it's not yet midnight, it's still well into the evening, and a bonfire sends smoke spiraling into a starlit sky. Several men and women, exclusively having black or white hair, dance and laugh together. Some are off to the side, plucking the strings of an instrument, making music to fill the night. Their clothes, while as ragged and tattered as anything Karra and I wore during our tenure as slaves, are a little bit more modest than the current fashion. I'd say it's dated by a little over twenty years. This memory transpired two decades ago, then. Just a little bit before I was born.

Off to the side, sitting alone at a table, is a young woman with long white hair. My mom. She doesn't look much older than me. Her violet eyes, while large and full, don't speak of innocence. More than anything, she regards the jubilant scene before her with something I can only describe as disgust.

Despite that bitterness, though, the young Lilla doesn't want to spoil the occasion for anyone else. So she silently turns to her glass of water, downing a sip. She's only swallowed a few mouthfuls before she eyes a man approaching her.

"You're the only one not dancing," the man says.

He's a strong-looking figure, with broad shoulders and a chiseled jaw. Evidently, in the memory, I can feel the emotions of the one who pulled me into the scene. Thankfully, I can still manage to tell my emotions and my mother's apart. That's how I simultaniously feel my disgust upon recognizing my father's face, and yet still recognize, from a distance, that my mother finds him charmingly handsome.

She doesn't let this alter her stoic expression, however. "I'm not much of a dancer."

"Many of us here aren't exactly professional dancers, either. Do you see anyone caring?" He takes a seat, uninvited, across from her. Her faint attraction towards him is marred by her annoyance. "I'm Ardon Aldaine."

"Lilla."

"Why so glum, Lilla? You're the only one present who's not enjoying herself."

"I don't feel in the mood to celebrate."

"Why not? Lord Redfield has given all of us tomorrow off. It's an occasion that calls for celebration."

She purses her lips. "This happiness is false. It's a happiness we get because our Albirian master said so. Because he deigned to let us be merry. Do you still think that calls for celebration?"

Now I know where Karra got it from, her well of anger. Though Lilla has tempered her emotions into something cold and precise, Karra and Lilla's anger are, at heart, the same.

A corner of Ardon's lip rises higher. "Oh, but there is still cause to be joyful."

"And why is that?"

Ardon's careful blue eyes skim the crowd. Most of the Heijiki are too invested in their dancing and laughing to notice.

He leans in closer across the table, dropping his voice. "Because I had a dream. A dream in which the gods told me that it was time for me to lead the Heijiki and free them from their oppressors."

"How curious. You do realize that it could have been your own imagination?"

"Oh, it certainly could have been," Ardon says. And that's what draws Lilla in to him. Despite his radical claim, and though it suggests a degree of insanity, Ardon sounds perfectly sane. He's well aware of how ridiculous this sounds, but still doesn't back down. "Perhaps it really was sent from the gods. Perhaps it wasn't. Who knows? But either way, I choose to interpret that as a sign."

Now Lilla's leaning in, too. "A sign of what?"

"What else? The sign of a new era. An age where we won't have to live under fear, a new beginning where we are treated without scorn. Whether the gods smile upon us or not, it will happen."

A smile starts curving on Lilla's face. "And the Albirians?"

"I'll let you use your imagination."

Spurred by his excitement of the idea, my young father leaps up from the bench and holds out a hand to help my mom to her feet. "So come celebrate, Lilla, because soon, we Heijiki will attain true happiness."

Lilla's lips quiver, like she's trying to reign in her smile, but her face shines with delight. She slips her hand into Ardon's, letting him lead her to the bonfire.

Together they sing and dance to the music, and my mother laughs sound freer and louder than the laughs of anyone else. They celebrate passionately, and now, for all of his faults, I can see that my father really did make my mother happy.

Hours pass, and the exuberance of the occasion mellows out. Even the once-boisterous music has slowed into soft and content melodies, each note appreciating what little they have in life. The vigorous flailing of limbs from before has quieted into slow dancing, each couple simply swaying back and forth.

Though I can feel Lilla's weariness from the night, she still manages to look up. Everything else becomes distant as she stares into Ardon's eyes.

I can sense it as surely as Lilla felt it that night. Lilla had always considered herself a woman of pragmatism. She'd never been one to believe in love at first sight. She'd always expected that her own love story would be slower, and more nuanced. It would take months, perhaps years of dating a single person before she would be able to identify him as 'the one.'

But there and then, she knew. Though she'd only just met him this night, she knows that he is her equal. He is the man who will become her husband.

Lilla wraps her hand around the back of Ardon's neck, bringing his face in closer. One tilt of the head, and her lips will be on his.

She has never been one to waste time.

Lilla savors her kiss with him.

And that, I suppose, is the beginning of mine and Karra's story.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Currengly Binging: Seraph of the End
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:22 am

~Pippin~

I almost ask if the man is Atticus from the description but I knew she would just tell me it was him if that was true. Besides, it might not be the best time to make that comparison.

Instead I just hummed and nodded slowly, pausing for a second before speaking again, "Well that could be anyone, huh? Oh well...but you'll tell me if anything gets too weird, right?"

Shaybaysasuke
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Iliyana laughed out loud, more at herself than Karra.

"Oh, no. In my haste to join this adventure, it didn't cross my mind to bring my best gowns."

She glanced over Karra's form out of the corner of her eye, trying to recall anymore information on her. "And I'm assuming you forgot yours as well?"
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 46 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top