Creative Commons
Creative Commons License
Original Creativity Center works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, unless stated by the owner. Permission to distribute commercially must come directly from the artist/writer. Some individual works (RPGs, stories, artwork) may have their own licenses, so be sure to pay attention and heed those as well. The above purely exists as an umbrella license.
Vote!

Liking what you see? Vote for Creativity Center here! You can vote once per day
Site Leaders
ADMINS
MODERATORS
STORY......GFX........RPG.

Staff Online
Keywords

x3  

Latest topics
» Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]
Today at 4:29 pm by WritingBookworm

» Harwell's Fan Thread!
Today at 3:42 pm by Comrade Squid

» Seoulite[SGRP]
Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:41 am by Kane

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster ☾ [ROLEPLAY THREAD]
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:00 am by Kane

» Harwell's Institute for the Fairly Exceptional
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:34 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» Irongale Fan Thread!
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 pm by Lady Senbonzakura

» The World of Swords [SGRPG] [FULL]
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 am by Hero of Time

» Red Queen {RP Thread}
Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:59 pm by Shaybaysasuke

» Infinity's Row 2: The Puppetmaster [OPENING APP THREAD]
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:05 pm by Hime

August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Forum Bug

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:18 am by Sentinel

Hi all,

We're aware of a peculiar forum glitch that's causing some subforums to be locked.

Due to the lateness at this time, it might be a while before the glitch can be remedied, because despite my best efforts and as far as I can tell, everything seems to be working fine admin-side. It may have …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Discord News/Update Test

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 am by Sentinel

Just a news, update test. Trying to get this thing to work.

Comments: 0

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Other religious holidays!

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm by Sentinel

*wipes sweat from brow* Whew, political correctness is a lot of hard work. But it has to be done.

ANYWAYS, we did it - we (almost) survived 2016 which, I think we can all agree, was pretty damn terrible in many ways.

Regardless, it was a good year on the forums - we've met some new faces, set out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Irongale ♕ [RP THREAD]

Post by Cana on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:28 pm

~Noelle~
What we had said couldn’t be revoked or forgotten, and I was sure that we both still bore marks from the damage. However, doing so allowed us to address issues that would indubitably rise in the future regardless. For that, I was grateful.

“I believe we both said things we wish to take back. I’m just glad that we can move forward,” I said, my voice earnest.

At his next words, I gingerly place a kiss on his cheek before allowing my arms to loop around his neck. I feel a single tear run down my cheek and plop into the water; I quickly blink away any moisture in my eyes, though, settling instead for a smile. His words brought an emotion akin to relief to fill my entire being. In the long stretches of time where I was utterly alone, I had grown comfortable with having only myself for company. However, Kiel had allowed me to see that there was indeed a better alternative.

I was positive that these wouldn’t be the last of our conflicts, as there was still so much in the future to worry about - his father returning and also his general position ensured that we had many obstacles to face. One thing I was sure of, though, is that I would happily face them if it meant remaining with the person I loved.

I pull away, arms still around his neck, so I can face him properly.

“Hey. Warm me up, won’t you?” I said, hand moving to run through the hair at the nape of his neck.

Last edited by Cana on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Cana
Profound Creator
Profound Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:22 pm

- Alric -

The moment the servant's left to take care of my laundry, I bolt upright from the bed. In a haste, I shove shoes onto my feet, and bolting to my drawer, where I put my traveling pack for the time being.

This is a very, very serious matter I'm dealing with, and there's only one person I can turn to.

Not Briony.

Not even Karra.

I find what I'm looking for -- a thin book on necromancy -- and run out of my room so I can see her.

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
Currently Reading: Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Currengly Binging: Basically every Disney movie ever
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

http://talesofateenagewriter.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:47 pm

- Briony -

I shook my head, slowly sinking onto the end of the bed. "It was just a bad dream," I told him, more so to reassure myself. "I'm a big girl, I can handle nightmares at this point."

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:57 pm

~Pippin~

A grin formed on my lips and I moved next to her, ruffling her hair gently, "You're stronger than some bad dreams and so much more, you always have been."

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:01 pm

- Alric -

"A . . . weird thought about your mother?" There's a lot that could mean. "Like what?"

"I never met her before she died," Briony admits. "But I... Think about her sometimes. You know, like, she'll talk to me or something. I don't know. I get weird about it."

Like she'll talk to me or something.

Given that choice of words, I have to be very careful to keep my face blank. "Talk to you in what way? Like she's a . . . " I keep my voice casual, "like she's a spirit?"

She stares at me.

". . . Yeah," she finally says. "Like a spirit."

I nod slowly. "Did it happen this time? Just now?"

"Hm?" The sprite nuzzles into her neck as we speak. "Yeah. Why?"

"Just wondering." I massage the back of my neck, looking out of the window.

Night's coming. I wonder if she'll come again tonight.

I pelt into the royal gardens, where the scent of daisies and roses are heavy in the air. I jog down a white path until I come to the center of the garden. Opening my book, I set it down, and swat aside page after page after page until I find the one I'm looking for.

There are a few laws to necromancy, just as there are laws to physics. One of them is that I don't see spirits by default. If that were the case, then I would be seeing just as many -- if not more -- spirits than living people, all the time, regardless of what I do or don't want. They have to choose whether or not to reveal themselves to you. If there's a specific spirit you want to see, though, then it's not impossible to see them. All you have to do is call upon them. It's their choice whether or not to answer that call and show themselves. But it's always worth a try, especially in a place they could frequently be found in during their mortal lifetime.

Since she was a slave in her lifetime, and frequently worked with the lilacs she was named for, one of the best places to call upon my mom is in a garden.

"Lilla Aldaine," I say, inserting her name into the summoning words that I read from the book. "I beseech you to appear at this time. Nevertheless, it is your will, and not mine, that will come to pass."

I draw upon the reserve of magic, feeling it flow from a place just underneath my heart, and direct it into a signal to attract Lilla.

Please, I think.

I don't ask you to appear very often. Please, grant my request this one time.

Then I feel a notable shift in the air, something breaching the veil between life and death. I look up, and see a transparent woman. She looks like an older version of Karra.

I close the book, tuck it between my arm and my side, and stand up.

"Mom," I say. "I have a few questions."

[Infinity's Row: Interlude l Anaphora: Pariah l Infinity's Row: Uncontrollable l Anaphora: Vengeance]
WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hime on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:05 pm

- Briony -

I was silent for a moment before I nestled my head onto his shoulder, eyes cast downwards. "...I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I'm sorry."

- I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?
I don't know where I'm going, but I don't think I'm coming home -
Hime

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaybaysasuke on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:30 pm

~Pippin~

I returned the embrace by wrapping an arm around her shoulder and laying my head on her's, letting out a slow breath before answering, "You've got nothing to be sorry for, sis. It was scary...and I know I'm not the only one that can comfort you when you're scared."

I paused to take another steadying breath and continued, "But I'll always be here when you need me, and I would never, ever, do whatever I did in that dream to scare you, I promise."

Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

http://Teh-Random-Irish-Chick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm

- Alric -

I stand as dignified and aplomb as I can. "My father," I say. "Is he the Liberator?"

"'The Liberator?' I do not know, Alric."

"What? But you're a spirit. You're, you're supposed to know these things -- "

"Just because I have passed on does not mean I am omniscient," she scolds. Her face softens, but only marginally. Mom wasn't a gentle person, and she doesn't have a gentle face, either. Her chin is so sharp that I could probably cut myself on it if she were still living. "But do tell me about what you've discovered. I can use my knowledge of your father to form a guess of my own."

"Well, they're both set on freeing the Heijiki," I say, counting off on my fingers as I go. "The Liberator's looking for a weapon of dark magic. I overheard you on the night Dad left. Both of you referred to me as a weapon. I heard he abandoned the efforts for said weapon fourteen years ago. Dad also left fourteen years ago."

"And?"

"And . . . that's about it," I admit.

Mom pinches that sharp chin of hers. "Hmm. It's not much evidence. But it is concerning evidence."

"So you think I'm right? That he's the Liberator?"

"What else do you know about this Liberator character?"

"Um . . . " A furrow appears between my brows. "He wrote a book that Karra keeps on her person. A Commentary on Heijiki Slavery. I'm pretty sure it was outlawed within a year of its publication. And then this one servant I met claimed that the Liberator had been called by the gods."

Mom's quiet for a moment. Then, "Yes. It's definitely possible that Ardon is the Liberator."

Crap. I was hoping I would be wrong. But now, it's becoming more and more likely that I'll have to face my father again. "What do I do? I . . . " I'm terrified of him. "There's already a lot I have to deal with. I don't need any more icing on the cake."

"You sound like you mean to run," Mom says. "You can only run from your past for so long. You won't be able to move forward if you keep running."

"This isn't about running. This is about making sure my sister and my friends don't have to deal with yet another madman."

"And for as long as you keep running, you will have to deal with him. Problems never go away unless you confront them."

I don't want to confront him. But saying as much would be an admission of my fear.

Mom takes a step closer. "I know you're scared."

"I'm not."

Unfortunately for me, she's too smart. "It's all right that you are. Everyone has their demons. You can't be so busy helping others fight theirs that you forget to fight your own."

Mom raises her hand to my forehead. In the process, it strikes me how tall I've become. When she was alive, I only stood a little bit past her shoulder. It wasn't until a few weeks after she died that I finally got one heck of a growth spurt and struck six feet. I'm taller than her now.

She begins to speak again. "In order to face him -- don't give me that look, Alric, you will have to face him again -- you need to know him. Understand him as I once did."

With the phrasing of that last sentence, I know what she's about to do. Spirits can do this sometimes. I close my eyes, and open up my mind to hers.

Though her body isn't corporeal, I still receive a cold, tingling sensation when her transparent fingertips touch my forehead. And just like that, I'm swept up into her memory.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingBookworm Yesterday at 10:18 pm

(Sorry for the double post, but it's for a good cause)

- Karra -

One luxurious bath later, I find myself winding through the halls, in pursuit of any dresses . . . or perhaps a castle tailor. They have a tailor here, right? It's a huge blasted castle. Of course they've got a tailor somewhere.

That may be the best option, actually, I muse to myself. I've had to infiltrate balls and galas in the past, so of course I've acquired dresses before. But I stole all of those dresses. I've never been able to physically walk up to a tailor and request a custom dress. But now that I'm here . . . well, I can do that. And for free, too. If it's not free, then I'll just put it on the Forevigors' tab.

"Tailor . . . " I mutter to myself, scouring the palace. Maybe I should ask someone to direct me.

WritingBookworm
Story Moderator
Story Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Senbonzakura Yesterday at 11:26 pm

(I ended up writing a lot more than I meant too lol)

Once upon a time, Iliyana used to live a far different life - as the heir to a noble estate, her parents had taught her about her image, how she should present herself in public. She had learned about posture, to stand or sit straight and keep her chin level with the ground (and no lower) at all times. She had learned about the different types of smiles, and how often to use to use them. She had learned about diction, and word choice, and that words were just as powerful as swords, but the wounds were twice as impossible to heal from.

As a child, she did her best to follow her parents guidance, and she impressed them immensely. She was exactly as they had hoped, in terms of her personality.

Her body, however, betrayed her.

Though she hardly noticed it until she was an early teen, Iliyana was tall. She reached the height of most of her suitors, and even surpassed a few of them. She wasn't sure if it was a Heijiki trait, or a Mahon one, or just her own circumstances, but she often stood out amongst her peers. 

That didn't bother her so much until she started attending sophisticated gatherings, and was required to wear more elegant attire. When her mother offered her some of the dresses passed down from her own mother (and her mother before that), she put them on will great haste, hoping they would as pretty on her as they did on other girls. However, once she got them on, she gazed at the mirror and saw they would not match her form - the hips were too tight, the skirt was too short, or it was impossible to pull the straps over her shoulders.

It hurt a bit, but she would just shrug, and enjoy her visits to the tailor - her dresses were custom, and only she could pull them off.

When the exile began, the Mahon family's assets had to be liquidated for the trip to the desert, so all of her custom dresses were traded away, before her parents lives.

Iliyana tells herself she shouldn't miss something so material, but she simply can't help it. Those dresses, as petty as they are, reminded her to be comfortable in her own skin, Heijiki or Albinian, short or tall, blonde or brunette.

Now all I have left is Raemin, I suppose.

Not that Raemin wasn't a darling, of course, she adored Raemin - but a girl needed some time without her bodyguard hovering behind her at every moment. And he probably should be making friends outside of her, if she was honest.

But if he was right, and there was indeed some form of ball that they were to be guests at, there would likely be no dresses on hand that she wouldn't embarrass herself in. Maybe she could ask a servant for help? Or even Miss Foregiver? She was, after all, currently wearing the princess' clothes (few they a bit snug on the the blonde.)

So, taking in the wing of castle in which she was placed was the best idea she could come up with. This quest, as much as she had shied away from the center of the conflict, was still offering her one-in-a-lifetime chances, and she'd be a fool to ignore all of them.

She had been walking for the past few minutes when she noted there were other footsteps echoing near her. There was an intersection ahead, and she guessed that, whoever it was, would soon meet her there. She put on a positive face, hoping to cover the sorrowful reflections she had just had.
Lady Senbonzakura
Incredible Creator
Incredible Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top